Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokésav is only tolerated for legal Pokémon for battling only. It's obviously not allowed for trading.
Ok, I was planning on battling, but a lot of people have been saying it is not allowing there pokemon into the gts, so I was wondering what things I can edit on the pokemon, like EV's and IV's, but it still letting you do battles on gts.

Sorry, I mean over wi-fi. So if I don't mess up anything out of proportion, like let's say, making a scizor that knows moves that scizor can learn, and has a normal ev, and IV spread, would it still work?
As someone who is raising and breeding his pokemon legitimately, I don't understand what the reward is when you hack the game to get a top-stat pokemon. Really, what's the point of playing? The game is about catching, training, and battling. Not hacking and battling. Sure it's time consuming, which I honestly think gamefreak should cut down on in the future generations (they've been doing it pretty well so far), but the reward is much greater.

Although, I would imagine if you don't mess with the data and make it an impossible pokemon, it might still go through? I wouldn't risk it anyway.

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
Is there a way to transfer more than 1 pokemon at a time from the dream world to the entralink? Its a bit tedious when you have to transfer, wake up, go back to sleep, island of dreams...

As someone who is raising and breeding his pokemon legitimately, I don't understand what the reward is when you hack the game to get a top-stat pokemon. Really, what's the point of playing? The game is about catching, training, and battling. Not hacking and battling. Sure it's time consuming, which I honestly think gamefreak should cut down on in the future generations (they've been doing it pretty well so far), but the reward is much greater.

Although, I would imagine if you don't mess with the data and make it an impossible pokemon, it might still go through? I wouldn't risk it anyway.

I haven't hacked yet, but I watch some people on youtube who were like, "I made this team today" When It took way too long to make one pokemon team. I was just wondering.

Sorry, I mean over wi-fi. So if I don't mess up anything out of proportion, like let's say, making a scizor that knows moves that scizor can learn, and has a normal ev, and IV spread, would it still work?
Well, after reading over the FAQs of Smogon infractions, I see nothing about discussing legal hacking, so to answer your question, for Sav you must enter the correct Hex Values, which are located on the far right. If you do it right and don't do anything stupid (like illegal moves and such) you should be fine.

As for Chaosreaver, just as you said it's too time consuming; sorry if I'm missing the elephant in the room, but I see no real reward for properly breeding and EV'ing, as I don't plan on entering a tourney any time soon...

Quick question: How do you counter sub chomp without using toxic spikes, skarmory, bronzong, scarftoed/cloyster/mamo? Also is gliscor really a legit counter to it?

EDIT 2: I believe the Exp.Share distributed EVs in 4th gen; not sure if that's changed though.
Exp share will give out EVs still, but they aren't affected by pokerus.

Very useful if you have a spread you're working on that's off by 1 or 2, but you don't want to go over a certain number.

Exp share will give out EVs still, but they aren't affected by pokerus.

Very useful if you have a spread you're working on that's off by 1 or 2, but you don't want to go over a certain number.
Or you could just use the EV Wings (Health, Muscle, Resist, Genius, Clever, Swift). You don't really have to grind for them, I had about 6 of each as I finished the game. I only had that many because I was interested in getting multiples of them though (It was March 6th so they were all-new to me)

Or you could just use the EV Wings (Health, Muscle, Resist, Genius, Clever, Swift). You don't really have to grind for them, I had about 6 of each as I finished the game. I only had that many because I was interested in getting multiples of them though (It was March 6th so they were all-new to me)
I do a great deal of EV training, and don't always have time to restock, makes it easier to just throw on an exp share. :/

It's also worth knowing if you're EV training more than one pokemon at once, since one would be getting half the EVs they'd need otherwise.

Quick question:

When you make sprites (like for submissions in CAP or for starting a fakedex in Smeargle's STudio), do you use MS Paint? exclusively? or another program entirely?

Quick question:

When you make sprites (like for submissions in CAP or for starting a fakedex in Smeargle's STudio), do you use MS Paint? exclusively? or another program entirely?
I was under the impression that people use Photoshop for those kinds of things.

A few days ago, I traded for a shiny Jolly EV'ed Poison Heal Gliscor. The stats are, at level 50: 177/115/150/57/95/161

Can anyone tell me the spread of this Gliscor (assuming max IV's)? I know that Speed is maxed, but the HP and Defense are split weird so it made it seem illegal to me (but it lets me use it on Random Matchup, so the EV spread is indeed legal).

A few days ago, I traded for a shiny Jolly EV'ed Poison Heal Gliscor. The stats are, at level 50: 177/115/150/57/95/161

Can anyone tell me the spread of this Gliscor (assuming max IV's)? I know that Speed is maxed, but the HP and Defense are split weird so it made it seem illegal to me (but it lets me use it on Random Matchup, so the EV spread is indeed legal).
HP: 212-219 EVs
Atk: 0-3 EVs
Def: 36-43 EVs
SpA: unable to tell; IV is less than 31
SpD: 0-3 EVs
Spe: 252 EVs

The bare minimum EV spread to get those stats with perfect IVs is 212 HP, 36 Def, 252 Spe, which do not add up to 510 (or 508), so one of the following must be the case:

• He has some "extra" EVs.
  • He hasn't reached his EV quota yet (you can check by going to the person who gives the Effort Value ribbon, unless he already has it).
  • He doesn't have max IVs in some combination of HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Defense.

Thanks, I suppose the only way to be 100% sure is to save then wipe all the EV's, then check the stats.
Yeah, I've done that before on Pokémon that I had played through the game with to determine their IVs since they had random EVs. Only problem now is that the EV-reducing berries are hard to come by, or so I've heard (I know that they are only available in the Dream World, but I don't know how easy it is to get 11+ of each there). BTW, hopefully you saw the rest of the post after I edited it.

---

A question of my own: When using Poké Transfer, do I have to pick exactly 6 Pokémon to migrate (like with Pal Park), or can I choose less than 6?

Yeah, I've done that before on Pokémon that I had played through the game with to determine their IVs since they had random EVs. Only problem now is that the EV-reducing berries are hard to come by, or so I've heard (I know that they are only available in the Dream World, but I don't know how easy it is to get 11+ of each there). BTW, hopefully you saw the rest of the post after I edited it.

---

A question of my own: When using Poké Transfer, do I have to pick exactly 6 Pokémon to migrate (like with Pal Park), or can I choose less than 6?
Unfortunately, you have to Transfer 6 each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)