VGC '11 US Northwest Regional - Seattle, WA - May 14th - WON BY biffsterPKMN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ya'll need more Top 16 info, the guy who lost to Biff in the Top 16 round's name is Joey. I'm not sure he's on Smogon. He's a High Schooler in Seattle.

Interestingly enough, Biff, Joey, and I were standing one right after the other close to the back of the line waiting for signups! We both wondered about the outfit and duck quacker. Now we know lol it means you're the King of Pokemon NW

I don't get it, he just looks like skarm with less hair! I had my hair cut too. :(

Great fun watching this though, everyone cheering on Biff and everything! Yeaah!

Well next week,San Jose is up-I'll be inrolling in this 1st VGC,so kind of excited.Any tips?Anyways,ya San Jose is up in May 21!!!

I havent seen a mention of friend rule yet, does anyone know if someone used friend rule?
friend rule? as in not having to battle your friend (because you know their team or whatever reason) ?

if so, i didnt have to battle a friend when we entered the line at the same time. just told the staff who was directing me where to go that i didnt want to battle him, and she was fine with it. this was pre-finalist lounge though. im assuming that you must fight whoever you are paired up with after that, i got a bye, then lost in the top 32. :/

friend rule? as in not having to battle your friend (because you know their team or whatever reason) ?

if so, i didnt have to battle a friend when we entered the line at the same time. just told the staff who was directing me where to go that i didnt want to battle him, and she was fine with it. this was pre-finalist lounge though. im assuming that you must fight whoever you are paired up with after that, i got a bye, then lost in the top 32. :/
Same thing happened to me. Joey, his friend Toby, and I walked into the competition area at the same time and I was going to be paired up against Toby. However, they seemed like good guys so I didn't want to battle them. I gave out a groan, the nearby official lady asked if we were friends, and I said we were "line friends" so she told Toby to sit next to me instead of across from me. (He eventually made it to the Top 64 though that was the end for his Audino-led, ghost stall team. One of his matches ended with 2 seconds left on the match clock, one ended with 1 second left, and his Top 64 match ended up being called for time lol)

It's easier to battle when you can see your competitor as a faceless opponent rather than a nice guy lol However, once all the competitors were grouped in the Finalist's lounge for Top 32, I don't think you can "Friend Rule" it. No friends in the Top 32!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
biffster rules!!!!!!!!

:D

Seattle was loads of fun, can't wait for Indy! No more rainy down-hill streets... terrifying.

i got fucked R1 with kinneas's durant team (evanfalco was next to me in line and we ended up playing each other >.<) but still had a fucking great time, it was fucking cool to see everyone and put names to faces and such and such blah blah; arti, fish, skarm, huy, duy, ninahaza, themutant, katherine, donut, teej, you're all fucking awesome and i look forward to seeing you guys again

i wasn't there because the call of jimmy john's was far stronger and we booked it before they took that BUT

biffster had a hell of a tournament and deserves that shiny ass medal, way to go man

i'm actually gonna make a team for nats in the time till then so i will bring my a-game to that one and hopefully place

i think i just set the record for number of times using 'fuck' in a post

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
This picture is great. Very cool how all of you coordinated with the t-shirts. Is this something that you all do at every tournament, or was this a first time coordination? I hope some of you sport those shirts when you visit San Diego. To the guy wearing the Crawdaunt hat, don't forget that, either.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This picture is great. Very cool how all of you coordinated with the t-shirts. Is this something that you all do at every tournament, or was this a first time coordination? I hope some of you sport those shirts when you visit San Diego. To the guy wearing the Crawdaunt hat, don't forget that, either.
You mean this guy?

Seattle was AMAZING. I know you have questions and you want me to say more so expect an awesome warstory someday.

BYE

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ninahaza posting pictures?

Also most of these updates came from me, and I am sorry for any of the inaccuracies (besides Itakio's name spelling since I know I did it right (Firestorm you nob)). Once the Top 64 (non-bye finalists) and Top 32 (bye finalists) started at about the same time with random matches getting moved to TVs trying to remember the exact round players lost was difficult.

Yes. I did give my hair to Fish. (read: my wife made me cut it).

What would we ever give away, Mute?

The girl in the blue kicked my ass with just a Whimsicott and an extremely speedy Jellicent.

It outsped my Zoroark D:

But I beat my first competitor, and we both ended up with Scrafty as our last Pokemon, and I won due to a smidge more speed. XD

But still, sweeped by a Jellicent :(

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Couldn't make Seattle because of some personal issues, but looks like everyone had a great time.

And congrats to Biffster for a great showing, and also congrats to all the Ducks who played.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ninahaza posting pictures?

Also most of these updates came from me, and I am sorry for any of the inaccuracies (besides Itakio's name spelling since I know I did it right (Firestorm you nob)). Once the Top 64 (non-bye finalists) and Top 32 (bye finalists) started at about the same time with random matches getting moved to TVs trying to remember the exact round players lost was difficult.

Yes. I did give my hair to Fish. (read: my wife made me cut it).

What would we ever give away, Mute?
hi it was a hard day ok. i was taking your mostly your texts combined with what TeeJ said using his phone on IRC + whatever we could figure out from his stream!

Thanks for those btw =) Greatly appreciated!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
But still, sweeped by a Jellicent :(
hahaha, oh man! no idea you'd be on smogon. unfortunately, my team wasn't as effective as it was against you with my next opponent :x but hey, it was fun!

if seattle has taught me anything, it's that amoongus sucks, and double genies are too popular. so everyone just start countering that shit. fuck spore.

I was wondering the same thing! moot went, but he's not in the image >=O

Top 16 get invites, but only #1 gets the fully paid flight + hotel. #2 - #4 get $300 travel money.

BI's list reveals 12 of the 16 people who qualified for Nats:
Biffster- 1st
[SPF] Tween Star - 2nd
TRE's brother - 3rd
[SPF] Itako - 4th

Fish - Top 8
OmegaDonut - Top 8
TeamRocketElite - Top 8
thepickandplay - Top 8

GreenStaar - Top 16
Halordain - Top 16
Ninahaza - Top 16
Raze17 - Top 16
Minor correction, but it's incorrect to list Itakio as fourth and the other guy as third when they technically tied, especially when Itakio lost to first place as opposed to second.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
^ I was actually going to say that earlier, but Firestorm doesn't like being corrected... ;D

Did the fourth SPF member that got to the finalist's lounge not make Top 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)