New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW UU Edition

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The same rules apply here as in the other Creative Moveset thread but note that any and all movesets posted in this thread must be for use in the UU metagame, regardless of the tier of the Pokemon in question. If you wish to post a set for use in any other tier please use the relevant thread in the relevant subforum.

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Don't use SpD for Speed, SpD stands for Special Defense. Use Spe for Speed.

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6. If the set appears to be outclassed by another Pokemon then be sure to explain why your set should be used.

7. No "LOL Broken/Legendary Pokemon, why is that in UU LOL" posts.

Failure to follow the rules will result in your post being deleted and possibly infracted. This thread will now be under close moderator surveillance so I recommend actually following the rules, especially Rule 3.

Thanks.

Ok i might begin with my very own Froslass:

ParaCloak Bitch

Item: Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd }
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Thunder Wave
~ Substitute
~ Spikes
~ Blizzard/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Taunt

You need abomasnow support, but after hail is up, you're set, you come into something you'll beat or scare and put a sub, the paralize and just begin to spike up, using sub whenever needed, you have a 60% chance of being hit by a 100 acc move, that makes you likely to use a sub and have a free turn (i've had many times three free turns) then you can easily swich out or attack whit 100acc blizzard, confuse ray works for extra annoyance and to reduce the chance of set-up (which taunt helps avoid), but you become taunt bait yourself, steel pokes are not gonna be such a concern when paralized unless using bullet punch (just make sure you have destroyed bisharp) and the EVs are tailored to max speed and to be able to get in 4 times if rocks and create subs while you wait the miss, Taunt really helps when going against stuff like chansey or mostly any wall and begin to set up spikes, and even when you already have spikes up, you can still use the palahax and the slower foes (and if you see an aboma in the other team you can use her as a lead)

breh

強いだね
Drapion (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Drapion is inherently good in this meta. You may think that Toxic Spikes is silly on a Choiced set, but... well, what are you going to do on a Spikes set but set up two layers and then switch? No speed investment allows it to outspeed and OHKO CB Victini after V-Create with good prediction. Pursuit is fun to troll Vulpix in the hail with. Brick Break is filler, but could arguably be replaced with Knock off (since it's a really nice switch into chansey).

Arcanine (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Rest

If in the hail, you need a flash fire poke. Of the few available, Arcanine is obviously the best. Unfortunately, Hail both neuters Morning Sun and causes Arcanine to take more damage. Thus, I use Chesto-Rest so it doesn't kill itself in 2 turns. It works.

EDIT: fixed; I use CC so that I have coverage vs. the odd Kyurem. Will-o-wisp is useful but it doesn't seem to be so on Arcanine, IMO.

Cool Arcanine set, but is it effective to use Close Combat while having kinda bulky-ish EVs? I run one on my hail team and I ran into the same problem. I replaced it with a status move. Burn is really helpful on Arcanine.

Also you should stop calling it Nine cause Ninetales (although in another tier) also has flash fire and its confusing lol

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Hp, 76 SpA, 180 Spd
-Giga Drain
-Substitute
-Growth
-Hp Fire/Sleep Powder

The point of this set is to take advantage of tangrowth's massive bulk and chlorophyll, turning him into a speedy bulky booster. Since tangrowth is so naturally slow, the speed EVs allow him to outspeed +natured base 130s. The hp Evs allow him to make 101 subs, giving him alot of room to use sun boosted growths for an easy sword's dance and nasty plot in one turn. Giga drain restores hp used on substitute while also alleviating life orb damage.

It should be noted that this set turns chansey into setup fodder, since it takes two siesmic tosses for her to break a substitute while tangrowth can simply growth up to +6/+6. Then he can eventually beat her through repeated giga drains. The bulk on this set also keeps tangrowth from being easily revenged by the likes of ice shard weaville and mamoswine, who are both dealth with by a +2 hp fire and +2 giga drain respectively.

Sleep powder may be used if you find it hard to set up with tangrowth, but its not reccommended to run giga drain as your only attack on this set.If need be, you may run earthquake over hp fire and a naive nature so that you are not completely shut down by enemy fire types.

Idk whether this is original or not.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk) / Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Ice Beam / HP Fighting / Whatever

Yay Sigilyph is awesome in UU. I think Sig's infamous Burn Shift is no longer viable with Guts Heracross running all around. Even without Bold nature, Sigilyph survives Hera's unboosted Adamant Stone Edge and Hitmontop's Sucker Punch unless I messed up with the calc and KO them with Psyshock. At +2, Chansey is 2HKOed.
The problem of this set is Zapdos as Thunderbolt OHKOes Sig. So, Electivire can be chosen as a partner.

Cinccino @Life orb
Skill Link
Jolly/Adamant
Evs: 252attack/252speed/4hp
Substitute
rock blast
bullet seed
Sweep slap

A pretty straight forward set that abuses its speed. With life orb skill link even with jolly you can wreck havok with a pretty good coverage in bullet seed/rock blast/sweep slap. People will often get surprised by how fast this little dude can be. And skill link life orb is pretty amazing damage wise. Sub is to set up on those pesky chanseys or status spreaders.

Cinccino @Life orb
Skill Link
Jolly/Adamant
Evs: 252attack/252speed/4hp
Substitute
rock blast
bullet seed
Sweep slap

A pretty straight forward set that abuses its speed. With life orb skill link even with jolly you can wreck havok with a pretty good coverage in bullet seed/rock blast/sweep slap. People will often get surprised by how fast this little dude can be. And skill link life orb is pretty amazing damage wise. Sub is to set up on those pesky chanseys or status spreaders.
That set is illegal in normal play, and is the standard for Cinccino anyways in DW OU.

Well im new round here this being my first post i have a nice set here that i love useing

Sableye

Item: Focas Sash

Ability: Stall

Nature: Lonely

Moves: Metal Burst
Protect/Fake out
Sucker Punch
Shadow Sneak

IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpDef

Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Att / 0 Def / 0 SpDef

Well at first glance the ability stall just seems useless but thanks to Gen 5 Sableye gets a nice new egg move thanks to Bisharp that being Metal Burst this now effectivly makes Metal Burst have negative priority (Yes i know moves such as Roar and Dragon Tail still go after Metal Burst but you get the point) meaning after takeing a big hit Sableye can deal back 1.5x that damage to the opponant regardless if that move is physical or special. The nature and Ivs are to make Sableye as frail as posible to take the most damage posible and then fire that back 1.5x the streangth. 252 Evs in Hp to give Sableye 304 Hp (assuming 31 Ivs in Hp) so can deal a nice 454 to something that can kill a base 125 Hp pokes at max health in 1 hit(this is assuming he takes damage that takes him down to his focas sash) and the 252 in Att to allow Sableye to attack with his priority moves that are not affected by the Stall ability (the rest you can put where you like as there not gonna do alot).

Ok now for how this Sableye plays

Remember that little Rat that was "broken" well meet his big brother this Sableye is capable of takeing out for example a Salamence with 6 Dragon Dances.
You must send Sableye in after one of your Pokes has fainted or if you have some sort of switch advantage you then simpley take what ever hit they throw at you and metal burst it back at them if they have a focas sash as well simpley sucker punch them or shadow sneak. Protect is there to scout as there are several ways to counter this set such as priority moves, toxic/burn, moves such as rock blast, leach seed, and breaking the sash with a week move so not to take much damage from the metal burst protect is there to help scout for these moves you can then switch acordingly to avoide that move. So here is how i play this Sebleye First i use protect to scout for any move that prevents this set from working if no sush move is discovered i then simply metal burst and the use one of the priority move to finnish them off if they still stand (you could use protect after the Meatal Burst to scout for priority).
After the Metal Burst and i have a Sableye with 1 hp i use it to either deal as much as i can to the next poke or switch if i have a safe switch and use Sableye later for finnishing something of at low health or use him for a safe switch latter on(or eaven to block a rapid spin).
Fake Out is there if you wanted to use Sableye like a watered down hitmontop but 99% of the time i have found protect to be a lot more usefull.

Something i should say is yes this set is useless without the focas sash and with entry hazard all over the place a spinner is needed(oh and weather is anoying)

To sum this set up Sableye is a 1 time Revenge killer capable of takeing down even some of the big threats in the higher tiers and is a lot of fun useing
(sorry if there is any spelling mistakes i dident read this through and sorry its so long this set i find hard to sum up in a few lins)

This isn't really unique, but I've never seen it so here it is

Entie@life orb/leftovers
EVs: 120 HP/ 252 Atk/136 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp Atk)
~ Flare Blitz
~ Stone edge
~ Extremespeed
~ Nitro Charge

I'll start with the item; it's really a matter of if you want to hurt more or last longer. As for the EV's, the speed lets you outspeed Adamant scarf Heracross after a speed boost, the HP lets you take more hits, and the Attack is to, well, max out Attack. Flare Blitz is you're best stab, while stone edge gives you some coverage. Extremespeed lets you outspeed pokemon who are still faster than you, as well as outspeeding other priority. Nitro charge is to give you that handy +1 speed.

Cofagrigus @Leftovers
Mummy
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
TR-FTW
-Trick Room
-Toxic
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting

Easy set. Set-up Trick Room, Toxic for status, Shadow Ball and HP Fighting is for unresisted coverage except for Sableye and Spiritomb.

Sableye and Spiritomb don't resist/be immune to Ghost/Fighting. Ghost is neutral.

There IS a type combination that would be immune that that attack combo, though, and that's Normal/Ghost.

Gurdurr @Life Orb
Sheer Force
4 HP/252 Atk/252 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
-Payback
-Drain Punch

Say hello to Gurdurr. Same set its evolution, except in UU. This set is killer and can cause people to rage quit (I have done it twice already). Feel free to criticize.

Gurdurr @Life Orb
Sheer Force
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
-Payback
-Drain Punch

Say hello to Gurdurr. Same set its evolution, except in UU. This set is killer and can cause people to rage quit (I have done it twice already). Feel free to criticize.
Needs Max HP, Max SpDef, Eviolite, Mach Punch

I get the EV's but why Mach Punch other than priority? It doesn't get boosted by Sheer Force.

Gurdurr doesn't need Eviolite to be viable in UU. This set is more than enough. I use this set in TR and LO + Sheer Force is awesome.

EDIT: I just looked at my set on PO and it had SpD Max.

A surprisingly underrated set for both Entei and Arcanine is good old Shell Bell Flare Blitz, you get back damage that you took from recoil, removing the need for Morning Sun on Arcanine, and letting Entei last more. Works really well in Sun, and also just in general.

Arcanine@Shell Bell
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spe
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch.

The EV's are entirely open to change, if anybody knows a sweet spot for the EV's where it would be getting maximum health back from Shell Bell, do tell.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I get the EV's but why Mach Punch other than priority? It doesn't get boosted by Sheer Force.

Gurdurr doesn't need Eviolite to be viable in UU. This set is more than enough. I use this set in TR and LO + Sheer Force is awesome.

EDIT: I just looked at my set on PO and it had SpD Max.
One thing is you're playing the mon completely wrong.

Guts > Sheer Force. ALWAYS. The whole point of these mons is for a good Bulk Up abuser, and that requires being as bulky as hell. Eviolite helps that, and being able to actually recover with Drain Punch AND not be fucked by Burn helps moreso.

Essentially you're using Gurdurr in a way that's outclassed by Hitmonchan of all things. HITMONCHAN.

This isn't really unique, but I've never seen it so here it is

Entie@life orb/leftovers/Liechi Berry
EVs: 120 HP/ 252 Atk/136 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp Atk)
~ Flare Blitz
~ Stone edge
~ Extremespeed/Natural Gift
~ Nitro Charge

I'll start with the item; it's really a matter of if you want to hurt more or last longer. As for the EV's, the speed lets you outspeed Adamant scarf Heracross after a speed boost, the HP lets you take more hits, and the Attack is to, well, max out Attack. Flare Blitz is you're best stab, while stone edge gives you some coverage. Extremespeed lets you outspeed pokemon who are still faster than you, as well as outspeeding other priority. Nitro charge is to give you that handy +1 speed.
Interesting set, I'm not sure you need ES and at +1 Speed, you will pretty much outspeed everything already, except scarfers. I could see a mixed attacker set utilizing those moves. I would replace Extremespeed with Natural Gift Grass, since it's Entei most powerful option against water types, and rapes the Water/ground pokemon, and requires a Liechi berry. The great thing is that if you don't need natural gift then you can get a +1 attack boost with the berry. Entei is one of those pokemon that I feel needs Natural gift on most of its physical movesets, because its movepool is so small. Howl is also another move that could well over Extremespeed, and it could make Entei very devastating There is also Iron Head, and Bite, but those aren't worth it. Another option is that you switch the HP evs, to SpA, and use HP grass.

Edit: yeah my bad, I mixed the nature up with Raikou's

I posted this in the OU version of this and they said it was outclassed by Excadrill and Landlos. But I dont see those two in UU

Donphan@Leftovers
1: Rock Polish
2: Earthquake
3: Head Smash
4: Fire Fang/ Seed Bomb/ Filler
Abb: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

Donphan after one RP speed ties with all base 100's, eh thats alright, but with his bulk he is possible to get off a second RP to outspeed a plethora of Pokemon in the UU tier.
Earthquake and Head Smash provide amazing coverage together resisted by only a few Pokemon, Head Smash is preferred over Stone Edge because Donphan needs to be doing as much damage as possible, The last move is for whatever coverage you want. Fire Fang is my favorite as the presence of sun teams and chlorophyll users, all except Jumpluff are outsped in the sun after two RP.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Actually he hits 436 spe with jolly after an RP wich means that no unscarfed pokemon in the tier can outspeed you.

I would also use Life Orb because i am pretty sure you can't 2HKO chansey otherwise.

I just calculated it with Life orb it does a whopping 43% max, but Superpower does 65% so that is a great suggestion for a filler move.

round has finished and i want to make new teams so i guess i'll post some shit i like using

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

got me to 1408 under the alt rotomotor where i would've stayed but cecil sucks. take hits, phaze shit. it has toxic but i'd say it works best with toxic spikes. btw toxic is there for catching stuff like zapdos and slowbro on the switch. incredibly hard to 2HKO let alone OHKO so if supported with the correct hazards it can tear shit up. rest talk is kinda needed to keep it alive as there aren't a whole lot of water attacks flying around. feel free to replace anything with waterfall / ice punch in order to take on the nidos / roserade etc. more easily.

EVs are kinda random, i had the 68 in sdef because my previous team was weak to NP zoroark but it has helped me survive random shit like +2 kyurem dragon pulse (after fucking up against shell smash). adding more defence lets it take stuff like CB victini v-create more easily (though with its psychic / electric weakness switching it in multiple times is risky).

Drifblim (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
- Destiny Bond

helped get me to 1404 on the alt chlorophile. hilarious anti-sawsbuck and anti-sun pokemon in general. credit goes to sb879 for thinking of this. switch in on something that can't kill you (sawsbuck works really well, so does hitmontop) and acrobatics. you are now at 498 speed and nothing is gonna outspeed you. the original acrobatics also hits pretty hard, considering it's drifblim. from there take your pick of wow (wow + acrobat fucks over scarf staraptors who try to revenge you i believe), explosion or destiny bond. usually takes out 1-2 pokemon but it's kinda based on surprise factor so it probably won't work multiple times. it obviously lures in rock/steel pokemon so have something which can take advantage of those.

wow/explosion aren't really necessary and so can be replaced with hypnosis more for incapacitation, haze etc.

Drifblim (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
- Destiny Bond

helped get me to 1404 on the alt chlorophile. hilarious anti-sawsbuck and anti-sun pokemon in general. credit goes to sb879 for thinking of this. switch in on something that can't kill you (sawsbuck works really well, so does hitmontop) and acrobatics. you are now at 498 speed and nothing is gonna outspeed you. the original acrobatics also hits pretty hard, considering it's drifblim. from there take your pick of wow (wow + acrobat fucks over scarf staraptors who try to revenge you i believe), explosion or destiny bond. usually takes out 1-2 pokemon but it's kinda based on surprise factor so it probably won't work multiple times. it obviously lures in rock/steel pokemon so have something which can take advantage of those.

wow/explosion aren't really necessary and so can be replaced with hypnosis more for incapacitation, haze etc.
As long as you're suggesting other options, I'd slash in Knock Off, which is an amazing move now that it can entirely ruin Chansey/Dusclops/etc. by ridding them of Eviolite, as well as the general utility of removing other items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)