New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW UU Edition

sableye: i doubt an uninvested base base 65 attack with a base 55 STAB attack is gonna do much of anything versus anything. also, without taunt, almost anyone can come in, toxic, and then laugh at your pitiful attempts to do damage.

lanturn: so i rest. then i sleep talk, and get volt switched out. and my sleep counter is reset. great. while ur not completely taunt bait, a ground type will FORCE a switch. or a voltabsorber.

jumpluff: theres a reason jumpluff is used as a subseeder. base 55 attack isnt gonna hurt ANYTHING. and anything with an ice attack will kill u.

and why would you use jumpluff? it is almost 100% inferior to tornadus, bar sleep powder.
Memento, Encore, Sleep Powder, Worry Seed, Aromatherapy, Leech Seed, Cotton Guard, Stun Spore for Ground types, Sunny Day teams.

And I've posted this before on my Meganium thread, but have another go:

Meganium@Leftovers
Calm
252HP, 252SP.Def, 4 Def
~Dragon Tail
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Aromatherapy

Sleepshuffler. Obviously, use with hazards.

Meganium@Leftovers
Calm
252HP, 252SP.Def, 4 Def
~Dragon Tail
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Aromatherapy

Sleepshuffler. Obviously, use with hazards.
Shouldn't the nature be Careful so Dragon Tail can do more damage?

Sub-boltbeam cresselia@ leftovers
Substitute
Charge beam
Ice beam
Moonlight
252 HP, 252 special attack, modest, 4 defense
The idea here is to abuse cresselia's bulk to get up a free sub and continually do so whle increasing your offensive potential. Bolt beam is not widely resisted, notably, lantern and magneton in UU. But it is powerful. The only needed EVs are max HP everything else is why you want, I want some offensive power sp yeah.

A silly set, and should probably be in the RU thread, but it's fun none the less.

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

Persian @Life Orb
Technician
252 SpA| 252 Spe| 4 HP
+SpA

-Nasty Plot
-Rest
-Snore
-Water Pulse​

Snore is a massively gimmicky move on all but two Pokemon, Persian and Ambipom. Both have access Nasty Plot and Technician, and receive STAB on Snore bringing its total power to 90, but Persian with its higher SpA stat is a better user. The goal is to Nasty Plot up as much as possible and then rest off the damage taken setting up. From there simply spam Snore until the opponent dies or you wake up. Water Pulse benefits from Technician as well, has a 30% chance to cause confusion, and gets great coverage with Persian's Normal STAB. Rest on Persian seems useless for the fact that Persian is hardly renowned for its bulk, but Rest allows it to get it an extra NP or two, and heals LO recoil. Persian is also very fast, even by Gen V standards, and benefits greatly from the flinch + confusion caused by Snore and Water Pulse.

Like I said, it's lots of fun.​

lol, like the Persian set. although gimmicky at best.

Hows this one?

Hippowdon@Pressure Band
252 Hp / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish
Sand Stream:
~Sand Tomb
~Slack Off
~Protect
~Ice Fang / Toxic / Dig / Crunch

If anyone has seen my battles or other "Creative posts". I like to focus on StallSweepers. mainly anyone who knows a trapping move that holds pressure Band.
And Hippowdon is a great example, with Sand Tomb, The opponents pokeon is losing a 1/8 of their hp each turn. Plus, with addition to Sand Stream. Im negating lefties and wearing down sweepers faster. Now a problem with these types of stallers is the lack of lefties.. But the pokeon I use offer reliable recovery moves (Slack Off in this case).

Now protect is for gaining an extra turn to rack up an extra 3/16 of their health, and the final move depends on what counter you want to check. Ice Fang is for the flying types that resist Sand Tomb, Toxic is for other bulky pokemon with recovery (although Toxic Spikes support can make this easier). Dig gives you an extra turn plus an attack, but it makes you completely walled by fliers. And crunch catches Alakazams on the switch.

Using this set in OU but cba to go to the second page to find the OU creative movesets page, and Chandelure is UU anyways.

Chandelure (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

This is like, a really cool set. Subsplit is seriously underrated and causes a lot of headaches. However, this takes a defensive approach as apposed to the standard Sublure. Willowisp is cool for crippling the physical attackers in UU, (See: Machamp, Cobalion, Hippowdon etc) and flamethrower provides you with solid stab. This takes on Lass without shadow ball amazingly unless every flamethrower misses but blizzard doesn't break your sub, so you'll get many chances, and if you fail to hit you can just pain split again.

Froslass Blizzard vs Chandelure:55 - 66 (16.98% - 20.37%) 0% chance to break sub, 5 hits to KO assuming every blizzard rolls a max damage role

Make sure to run a spinner with him, Hitmontop is ideal for providing Intimidate support to cushion physical hits as well.

the only problem i have with that chandy is that its completely walled by every other chandy in existence that isnt running flame body. and even WORSE, theyll just come in and get a flash fire boost.

the only problem i have with that chandy is that its completely walled by every other chandy in existence that isnt running flame body. and even WORSE, theyll just come in and get a flash fire boost.
You can always run shadow ball if you run into problems of being walled by other Chandy, I was only running flamethrower because I was using it in OU with sun support. Shadow ball should be able to hit most of the things you would want to hit anyways, and hits Chandelure too.

Something I've been trying, and to surprising success is Draco Plate Flygon (works with Dragon Fang too if you think that sounds cooler.)

Flygon @ Draco Plate
40 Atk/252 SpA/216 Spe
Rash

Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
U-Turn

I came up with this because I wanted to attempt a Meteor spam team in UU, because really, how many teams have multiple steels in this tier? The obvious first choice was Kingdra, and it's really the main reason the team is viable at all, but Flygon plays a key role in weakening/removing the opponents Steel Type/Special Wall/Whatever the fuck is countering it. Best part is, when people get hit by such a powerful Draco Meteor they'll often assume specs, in which case you'll procede to slam their Empoleon or whatever.

For the EVs Max SpA because Flygon really needs it, 216 Spe beats neutral base 95s (like CB darm who flygon can at least check), and 40 in ATK just to hit harder with flygons physical moves. It may seem strange that I'm running 40 Atk over max speed but really the only thing I'm missing out on are positive natured base 85s (which are usually either modest/adamant or scarfed anyway) and Flygon needs the extra Atk for bulky ass steels and rhyperior (sometimes 2HKO after rocks >_>.) Rash because I was gonna have to lower one of his defenses and Flygon really appreciates not having his Def lowered so he can check things like Rhyperior and Darm better. The moves require little explanation. Perfect UU coverage. I don't use U-Turn much, especially when I'm trying to bluff choice but momentum moves are always useful.

Here is a set that needs more love.

Hitmonlee@Choice Band
Adamant 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp (Can change for more bulk)
Reckless
-Hi Jump Kick
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick/Coverage move

Basically a massively powerful attacker. The main point of this set is to Spam Hi Jump Kick and kill things, and with no ghosts around things will die. This monster has similar attack power to Darmanitan thanks to the power boost of Reckless to Hi Jump Kick. Some Calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 149.15% - 175.57%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Hippowdon: 60.71% - 71.43%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/4 Def Donphan: 87.76% - 103.39%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Suicune: 64.11% - 75.74%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/252 Def Slowbro: 33.76% - 39.85%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/160 Def Blastoise: 85.36% - 100.55%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 252 HP/160 Def Rhyperior: 128.57% - 151.38%
252 Atk Choice Band Hitmonlee Hi Jump Kick vs 248 HP/228 Def Zapdos: 42.3% - 49.87%

As you can see Hitmonlee pretty much 2HKO's the entire tier with a layer of SR, without using a coverage move, bar Slowbro. He hits almost as hard as Darmanitan, without the crippling weaknesses of being fire typed. As such it can switch a lot more then Darmanitan. Also Hitmonlee takes no recoil unless he misses, which also makes him survive longer then Darmanitan.

LO Zapdos is one of the best mons in the meta right now. Very hard to outright counter given its movepool. However, I've found the standard movesets to be too easily walled by common pokemon, so here's what I use:

Zapdos @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Pressure
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Water
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Volt Switch lets you escape from dedicated special walls like Snorlax and Chansey, which is why Zapdos pairs well with a fighting type. HP Water OHKOs Rhyperior in the sand, but unlike HP Grass, it also hits the Nidos and Gligar. Losing out on Quagsire isn't a big deal. Heat Wave and Roost for obvious reasons.

A silly set, and should probably be in the RU thread, but it's fun none the less.

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

Persian @Life Orb
Technician
252 SpA| 252 Spe| 4 HP
+SpA

-Nasty Plot
-Rest
-Snore
-Water Pulse​

Snore is a massively gimmicky move on all but two Pokemon, Persian and Ambipom. Both have access Nasty Plot and Technician, and receive STAB on Snore bringing its total power to 90, but Persian with its higher SpA stat is a better user. The goal is to Nasty Plot up as much as possible and then rest off the damage taken setting up. From there simply spam Snore until the opponent dies or you wake up. Water Pulse benefits from Technician as well, has a 30% chance to cause confusion, and gets great coverage with Persian's Normal STAB. Rest on Persian seems useless for the fact that Persian is hardly renowned for its bulk, but Rest allows it to get it an extra NP or two, and heals LO recoil. Persian is also very fast, even by Gen V standards, and benefits greatly from the flinch + confusion caused by Snore and Water Pulse.

Like I said, it's lots of fun.​
If we're dealing in gimmicks, I'll add mine to the mix. Snore can also be used for shitz & gigglez on Togekiss considering it has a 30% flinch rate => boosted to 60% with Serene Grace. Ran this set back in 4th gen and had a few laughs:

Togekiss @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Snore
- Rest

It definitely ain't as effective as the standard ones and relies on luck beyond belief, but I sure lol'd quite a bit when it worked/hax was in my favor.

Mid-Late Game sweeping curselax

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 172 HP / 160 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
- Curse
- Rest

This set utilizes defense and offense perfectly...whirlwind is the main defensive pivot in this set..ive seen ppl have success with Defensive Rest Talk Whirlwind and Ive seen people have success with curselax..so I pretty much said lets combine the two..and it has been working amazing!! the nice thing about curse + whirlwind is that no other poke can set up besides you..meaning no bulky Calm minders, no other cursers, no pokes that wish to set up NP on you...The main problem with this set of course is ghost and strong fighting types..IE heracross and colbian..so they should be weakened or taken out before setting up curse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)