強いだね
some poetry for you:

duosion has weaker defences
and no item too
klang is terrible, really quite bad,
and plays like a piece of poo
frankly, if you decide to use shelmet,
loss will quickly ensue

Eviolite's boosts aren't negated by Criticals since they aren't technically "+1", since the effect lasts outside of battle also. I've read this from Thorhammer I believe, but he knows more about game mechanics than I do so I probably didn't explain it that well.
Either way, when I run any of those (especially Duosion) they continue to wall and stall untill the enemy gets a critical hit. Then I'm either KO'd or dropped too low and they finish me off before I can recover.

Eviolite users also make better Trick Roomers, as they are usully much slower than their evolved forms. Ferroseed can actually compare to Ferrothorn. His defenses are still lower than it's evolution (I think....) but he gets access to a more powerful Gyro Ball.

@above
Duosion has higher defenses after Eviolite's 1.5 boost. Reuniclus doesn't have that high defenses either, just moderate defenses with high HP.

Klang fails at everything except for Thunder Wave support because of its pathetic move pool....

And I haven't tried Shelmet yet.

Either way, when I run any of those (especially Duosion) they continue to wall and stall untill the enemy gets a critical hit. Then I'm either KO'd or dropped too low and they finish me off before I can recover.

Eviolite users also make better Trick Roomers, as they are usully much slower than their evolved forms. Ferroseed can actually compare to Ferrothorn. His defenses are still lower than it's evolution (I think....) but he gets access to a more powerful Gyro Ball.
Seed is Base 50 Attack versus Thorn's Base 92. Thorn's still hits harder.

breh

強いだね
Ferroseed's gyro ball is weaker. both are idiotically slow (I.E. min speed Ferrothorn gets a max power gyro ball on neutral 31 spe base 50s) and ferrothorn has far higher attack.

Ok, i'm going do propose something crazy now:

Pignite @ Eviolite
252 hp/252 SpD/ 6 def
Sassy
-Curse
-Flare Blitz/Hammer Arm
Rest
-Sleep Talk

Use this on sun. 2 of 3 typings fire is weak to (and one of the reasons defensive fire pokes are... weird) are gone; water and rock (thanks to sun and fighting typing respectively).

With this spread Pignite has 384/219/342 defenses (the physical side is going to be boosted, of course). Decent enough, i guess.
Flare Blitz is really powerful under sun, but losing life while attacking is... counterprodutive. Hammer Arm is there, but beware to not get walled.

I THINK GAMEFREAK GAVE CURSE JUST FOR PIGNITE, SINCE IT CAN'T LEARN BULK UP LIKE EMBOAR

breh

強いだね
Ok, i'm going do propose something crazy now:

Pignite @ Eviolite
252 hp/252 SpD/ 6 def
Sassy
-Curse
-Flare Blitz/Hammer Arm
Rest
-Sleep Talk

Use this on sun. 2 of 3 typings fire is weak to (and one of the reasons defensive fire pokes are... weird) are gone; water and rock (thanks to sun and fighting typing respectively).

With this spread Pignite has 384/219/342 defenses (the physical side is going to be boosted, of course). Decent enough, i guess.
Flare Blitz is really powerful under sun, but losing life while attacking is... counterprodutive. Hammer Arm is there, but beware to not get walled.

I THINK GAMEFREAK GAVE CURSE JUST FOR PIGNITE, SINCE IT CAN'T LEARN BULK UP LIKE EMBOAR
I actually suggested a similar set for emboar a while back.

Optimal set, to me, would seem to be Flare Blitz/Will-o-Wisp/Curse/filler (rest, most likely). Getting rid of Heatran is not difficult, especially with team preview. If you're high enough on the ladder, you won't see chandelure :P EDIT: yes, it's pretty terrible without Shadow Tag... terrible defensive typing and meh speed doesn't cancel out with overkill SpA.

Essentially just Will-o-wisp whatever your opponent sends in first turn you have it out. as long as their counter isn't Lati@s or Reuniclus, you're fine.

I actually suggested a similar set for emboar a while back.

Optimal set, to me, would seem to be Flare Blitz/Will-o-Wisp/Curse/filler (rest, most likely). Getting rid of Heatran is not difficult, especially with team preview. If you're high enough on the ladder, you won't see chandelure :P

Essentially just Will-o-wisp whatever your opponent sends in first turn you have it out. as long as their counter isn't Lati@s or Reuniclus, you're fine.
Chandelure is suddenly bad now?

Scarf is shit on Chandelure, it's simple.
Just capitalize on it's huge power to sweep and you're good to go (sweep with Chandelure = Butterfly Dance passing or Flame Charge set, which can be potent with Sun or/and Flash Fire boost. No, you won't sweep with Calm Mind). Since it's immune to the most common priority attacks over there, unlike Heatran.

Otherwise you're playing with a worse Heatran.

Scarf is shit on Chandelure, it's simple.
Just capitalize on it's huge power to sweep and you're good to go (sweep with Chandelure = Butterfly Dance passing or Flame Charge set, which can be potent with Sun or/and Flash Fire boost. No, you won't sweep with Calm Mind). Since it's immune to the most common priority attacks over there, unlike Heatran.

Otherwise you're playing with a worse Heatran.
Flame Charge is a terrible move, it'll never activate when you need it to (If the chance is 50% like I believe it is). Timid Scarf gives you 426 Speed and 389 SpA, when used alongside a simple moveset of Overheat/Shadow Ball/HP-Ice/Energy Ball, it becomes a pretty good "sweeper" (if you'd call it that, I'd maybe call it more of a late-game cleaner but things don't have to be worn-down too much) or revenge-killer.

Chandelure and Heatran might as well be the exact same Pokémon, I cannot honestly spot one notable difference other than Heatran learning SR.

Um, Flame Charge's boost in Speed is a 100% chance side effect. Chandelure isn't as good outside DW tier because Shadow tag is its main hype. Tran is sturdier and has less weaknesses, particularly with the invaluable Balloon. But isn't this an Eviolite discussion...?

You know, one where Gurdurr, Seadra, Tangela, Duosion, P2, Gligar, Dusclops, Chanseyand Pignite are good.

Um, Flame Charge's boost in Speed is a 100% chance side effect. Chandelure isn't as good outside DW tier because Shadow tag is its main hype. Tran is sturdier and has less weaknesses, particularly with the invaluable Balloon. But isn't this an Eviolite discussion...?

You know, one where Gurdurr, Seadra, Tangela, Duosion, P2, Gligar, Dusclops, Chanseyand Pignite are good.
Yeah, I know that now. Also, speaking of Gurdurr, I've seen it used very well with Eviolite; it seems bulkier than Conkeldurr (I'm not sure if it's statistically bulkier though) and still does good damage.

Tried Togetic in the battle subway. Just use Togekiss. The better defenses are not worth giving up on everything Togekiss can do better. Also you get much higher Base HP from Togekiss.

I remember advocating Eviolite Klang back just when Black and White came out.. Ahh, memories.

Yeah, but no dice.

Has anyone tried Surskit with an Eviolite? Its unique typing of Bug/Water grants really useful resistances of Ground, Water, and Fighting and Dream World grants Surskit Rain Dish which gives him leftovers recovery along with boosted defences. On a rain team with Drizzle of course. He can even possibly baton pass agility boosts to something more deadly like Azumarill.

Has anyone tried Surskit with an Eviolite? Its unique typing of Bug/Water grants really useful resistances of Ground, Water, and Fighting and Dream World grants Surskit Rain Dish which gives him leftovers recovery along with boosted defences. On a rain team with Drizzle of course. He can even possibly baton pass agility boosts to something more deadly like Azumarill.
While this does sound pretty interesting I really see no reason to use it. With 40/32/52 base defenses and pitiful attacking stats, I dont really see any use for it. Taunt would really screw him over, not to mention SR weakness and no recovery move. And hes also super slow at 65 speed.
I guess he could be interesting with struggle bug to lower SpAtk and force switches?

While this does sound pretty interesting I really see no reason to use it. With 40/32/52 base defenses and pitiful attacking stats, I dont really see any use for it. Taunt would really screw him over, not to mention SR weakness and no recovery move. And hes also super slow at 65 speed.
I guess he could be interesting with struggle bug to lower SpAtk and force switches?
This is most likely true, I just thought his interesting type combo was something to note as also being one of the few Eviolite users to actually get leftovers recovery. Another thing to note is that Surskit actually resists all forms of common priority in Mach Punch, Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch and Ice Shard.

I was just wondering, so does the eviolite stone boost both base form & middle stage pokemon's defences by 50% each or is it the 50% - 30% thing mentioned in th OP?

eg. porygon - boost = 50%
porygon2 - boost = 30% or 50%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)