The Mirage Pokemon *GIVEAWAY OVER: CONTACT THE DISTRIBUTERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dratini - Lance (I'd name it after the ultimate Dragon trainer and Dragonite is the best. )
Slowpoke - Balotelli (He ain't that smart either.)
Chinchou - AquaFlash (Cool name.)

I would very much like to win one of these, especially the Dratini.

Nice giveaway ;).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DRATINI- Tempest. The migh of a dragon is akin to the raw roiling power that a tempest exerts upon the brow of a ship. With the utter power that Dragonite has-particularly under Rain-it seems a perfectly fitting name.
SLOWPOKE- Styx. Aside from being an homage to my favourite band, Styx is fitting as the river crossing to Hades. With Slowbro's immense defensive bulk and Regenerator, crossing that river and causing Slowbro to follow it is a challenge indeed.
CHINCHOU- Pandora. As a melding of two opposing elements, Water and Electric, Pandora as the firs woman created seems a fitting name for Chinchou.

I would name that Chinchou "Capt. Hook" because Lanturn are based lightly on anglerfish, which are in turn named because they are similar to anglers, meaning those fishermen who use fish hooks, hence the nickname

As such, the nickname for Dratini could be "Belle" derived from Tinker Bell, a character from the movie Peter Pan in which Captain Hook appears

Finally, I would name that Slowpoke "Philippa" because Philippe, Belle's horse in The Beauty and the Beast seems athletic and runs away with danger, which is ironic in my mind because I think a slowpoke would rather stay and face the danger, albeit I can't imagine how.

Dratini/Dragonite: DarkKnight,(referring to the movie, its dark color, and last name "knight"), or Eragon. I like to stick with names in which people may have a reference to.
SlowPoke/SlowBro/SlowKing: Deja Vu, I DunnoBro (sorta creative, lack of intelligence and still ends in "bro")
Chinchou/Lanturn: Luminous (flashy appearance), AquaMarine (A bright and shiny blue/green gem and perfectly describes Chinchou)

just call em all rAndy :p

but seriously if you dont mind silly elvish names:
Dratini - Aeldrim (means Knight of the sky)

Slowpoke - Zaquis (means Forgotten King)

Chinchou - Nimvia (means Bringer of the Deep

Idk if youll like em but thats how my pokemon NN usually go. Hope they work for ya :)

I really don't need any of this but it's always fun to participate in a nickname contest! I will later edit in this posts with names for Dratini and Chinchou once I think of two good entires for them.

My entry for Slowpoke is MACH SPEED

Dratini: "NightFury" The dragon that no one has ever seen.. from the movie, "How to Train Your Dragon." Haha!

Slowpoke: "Yajirobe" The fat, lazy swordsman from Dragonball Z. Lol!

Chinchou: "Kekkai Genkai" The term used in Naruto to describe the combination of two elements to create a whole other destructive power!

The Dratini should be named "Puffet" after the righteous 1960s song "Puff the Magic Dragon". The reason you ad the et is because yours is a female.

Dratini: Durendal- named after a legendary sword, whose name means 'to endure', which is fitting considering Multi-Scale.

Slowpoke: Septa- It's like the root for 'seven', which is lucky, and I remember an old guide saying that slowpoke were lucky. Also, it sounds like 'sceptre', which has royal connotations, and slowpoke can evolve into Slowking.

Chinchou:Luzazura- It's a portmanteau of 'luz (light in spanish) and azure (blue)

Also their NN's start with the same letters as their final evo's actual names.

I would nickname the Chinchou Lights Out since he'd be a deep water fishy and when he's finished with you, you wouldn't even see his own light.

Great job on the nicknames so far, guys! Keep in mind that all three of these Pokemon are female. Some of these names have been really great, but seem more masculine to me :'(

Anyways, keep up the great work, and you can always change your nickname submissions if you think of better ones!

Dratini- Peridot. It's the August birthstone and has a green tone to it, just like a shiny Dragonite. Or the rock Peridot comes from happens to be Olivine, which was named due to its olive color, again, like shiny Dragonite's color.

Red

Dratini:
Nicname "Kairyu"
If I remember correcty, this literally means "Dragon of the East" I think it is very form fitting.

as for Slowpoke, I believe:
"Gauge" Which is Patience, one of the six perfections.

and of of corse, Chinchou should be named:
"Hikari" which means Light, or opposite if dark. She brings light to the abyssal ruins, casting a hopeful light in the never ending darkness. plus Hikari is a girl name. :)

Dratini: Writhe (Like squirming, crawling)
Slowpoke: Piscator (Fisherman!)
Chinchou: Morose (Depressed, upset, droopy)

I prefer adjectives or nouns for my Pokemon's names. Most people don't seem to understand the first time around, but after they realize what their name means, its usually a pleasant surprise.

Anyway, great giveaway! I'd love to have any one of these Pokemon in my collection :) Hopefully they end up in the hands of a good collector or trainer!

Here's some names I've come up with

Dratini: Puff
(it comes from a children's song, Puff the Magic Dragon, and dragonite looks kind of Barneyish to me)
Slowpoke: Ambien
(named after a sleeping pill)
Chinchou: Hikaru
(name has something to do with light, plus I think it's cute)

Dratini: Ceto (A beautiful nymph in Greek Mythology who had a serpent tail instead of legs)
Slowpoke: Langsam (German for slow)
Chinchou: Siemen (A unit of electrical conductivity. It also sounds like sea men.)

Dratini: Ouroboros
"The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail" its some crazy acient thing, look it up

Slowpoke: Neru
means sleep in japanese (accually i think "go to sleep", some shit like that) sounds cool

Chinchou: Rumble
just sounds cool and reminds me of lightning

Thanks for all the great nicknames so far, guys! This giveaway will last about 9 more hours. Until then, I will be hiding in the pantry because we have a tornado warning here where I live! Just a great way to start June :)

Dratini: Boudicca
Slowpoke: Winehouse (thought it was funny, considering slowpoke and amy have a pretty similar demeanor)
Chinchou: LED

nice give away,
Dratini: shenron (chinese dragon)
slowpoke: Davagar (portugues for slow)
chinchou: chispa (spark in spanish) :p

Dratini: Rydia from FF IV (Also green, female, it works?)
Slowpoke: Glucose (sweet tasting slowpoke tails)
Chinchou: Raash (Thunder in Arab, lol)
Tesla (Sounds girly + Tesla coils)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)