Probopass (LV 2 Sturdy Abuse)

how does Cresselia counter it at all? Psycho Shifting a Burn? Keep in mind Moonlight has 8 PP, and in Sandstream only heals 25%. Also with Torment it wont be able to use it that often.

Oh and in regards to Substitute I can explain how Substitute doesn't change anything if they switch into Toxic Spikes:

For example, if you're using this set you will almost certainly have SR and Sandstorm, hopefully Toxic Spikes as well.
So opponent switches in, takes 25% from SS+SR+TS (More if they're SR weak). Next turn they set up Sub, that+SS+TS = 44%. They attack you next turn, only to lose 25% as you Protect. So they'll be left on 6%. Even with Leftovers they're on 25%, and Toxic Spikes will kill them next turn, which they'll be using to reduce your Probopass' HP to 1, surviving with Sturdy. So Probopass still wins.
Obviously something with a typing like Flygon is OK, as it's immune to T Spikes and SS, but other Sub users would be hard pressed to beat this thing.
Of course it can be beaten with prediction but it could stall pretty well if played smartly, and on that last turn you could just switch out Probopass as it has already done its job.
Also keep in mind that while Flying, Levitate, Poison, Steel types are Immune to Toxic Spikes, Probopass can still use Pain Split on ones without Substitute / Taunt. And ones like Gengar whom take Sandstream damage, Probpass can simply Protect + Pain Split stall for Sandstream damage.
(i.e. say Pain Split+Sub Gengar switches in while Probopass uses Pain Split. )
Gengar takes 56.25% damage (50% + Sandstream).

Probopass uses Pain Split again as Gengar uses Substitute causing Pain Split to fail, but works as an insurance incase Gengar attacks; Gengar takes 31.25% damage from Substitute and Sandstream.

Probopass uses Protect and Gengar takes 6.25% damage, leaving Gengar at 6.25% (a Sandstream KO next turn).

Switch out Probopass and Gengar dies either to Sandstream, or by Life Orb if it tries to attack, (if you predict Gengar will use Pain Split then keep Probopass in). If Probopass is the last Pokemon left, Probopass will take the hit, survive at 1 HP due to Sturdy and Gengar still dies from Sandstream/Life Orb.
As for Landorus, it doesn't pack Taunt in its sets, and can pack Life Orb on its Rock Polish/Swords Dance sets (making a KO possible) since it lacks recovery. So it is a * at best if packing Leftovers over Life Orb on the Swords Dance set. The reason being that Landorus basically gets Pain Splitted as Life Orb damage racks up.

Same goes for Flygon (Claw Sharpen set) and Empoleon (Agility Torrent set) that use Life Orb, and with Torment any of the "counters" you listed that have a Choice set can be Struggled to death since the new Gen V mechanics makes Struggle deal 25% damage to the user which happens every other turn (Scizor, Metagross, etc.).

This means if Probopass wanted to KO it, the foe would be Pain Split by 50% each turn (Scizor with Choice Banded Bullet Punch loses 50% Turn 1, then Turn 2 loses another 50% making it at 25%, and to be safe it does it again and loses another 50% making it 12.5% incase Scizor has a Leftovers+1 number for HP; don't worry at 0 HP EVs Scizor at 12.5% has 35 HP, more than enough to heal Probopass to full HP).

Then Probopass uses Torment and survives with 1 HP due to Sturdy, and Protects the next turn it attacks (not the Struggle turn). Scizor is forced to switch out or Struggle to death, at which point Probopass can Pain Split the incoming Pokemon on the switch and heal back-up to 100%, or let Scizor's Struggle to KO itself and make it a double KO. Regardless, Probopass is not countered, it is simply equally matched; at best. Oh, and if you wanted to preserve it (like Baton Pass it Wish/Leech Seed), then you could switch out Probopass while Scizor KOs itself.

When I made that list, I made it with expectations for Probopass to outlast past said counter, not even out with it.

Can you rationally explain how a Leftovers Rest+Sleep Talk<Probopass?

Sorry, I hope I didn't come across impolite or ungrateful, you did put a lot of effort into that list, and I think that it helps bring out the strengths and weaknesses of my set for Probopass. Thank you.

In the case of my scizor example that was worst case scenario. Best case scenario is SciZor comes into Torment and then Probopass can just Protect the first turn it uses an attack (say the player is smart and opts for Uturn), then use Pain Split as it uses struggle making scizor from 100-25% = 75 / 2 = 37.5%. Then protect as Scizor tries to uturn, then pain split as Scizor struggles making scizor take 25% = 12.5/2 = 6.25 HP, etc.

true, but in cases like Gengar substitute does not prevent probo from Outlasting them. I have also proven how even against pokemon with either steel or ground/flying or levitate Probopass can use Life Orb to his advantage, and come out the victor. Heck Probopass can beat Rayquaza 1v1 (air lock and flying typing make it immune to toxic spikes) so long as Rayquaza has Life Orb or is Tormented on a choice set.

Probopass can use pain split on the rest turn makin the foe have 50% damage, pain split on a sleep talk turn to make it 25%, pain split on the second sleep talk turn to make it 12.5% and the foe is forced to rest all over again or die to sandstorm after pain split on the fourth turn. You are correct the foe can technically just rest endlessly but if it attacks or does anything else it faints. Torment can also be replaced with taunt which is noted on the first page

I couldn't figure why Probopass recieved an honorably mentioned for being a sturdy pokemon worth looking at. the only thing I don't like about it is amount of time it looks to finish off an opponent with probopass

I can see this rapeing my team. Or most teams for that matter. I'd think it could take out a few pokes, but it's only a matter of time until someone makes a mistake and it's killed. Brilliant idea, though, you deserve 3 internets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)