Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Serebii has its Role Play and Magic Guard tutors flip-flopped.

As a question, am I the only one sweating bullets about the policy review right now?

im not 100% sure but i think all the status berries, super effective berries, and ev berries are out. none of the pinch berries are but i think they are the only ones not released

Are there any competitive events, either Smogon or Nintendo, that use ubers over wifi? I'm trying to figure out what I should bother RNG abusing and it seems like trying for good IVs/natures on the ubers are a waste of time.

I'm working on a UU team and would like some advice on this sceptile set:
Sceptile-Unburden@Grass Gem
252 Hp/252 SpA/6 Def-Modest
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-HP ?
-Focus Blast

I'd like opinions on what Hidden Power type you think would give me the best coverage. Any other critique of the set is also welcome!

I'm working on a UU team and would like some advice on this sceptile set:
Sceptile-Unburden@Grass Gem
252 Hp/252 SpA/6 Def-Modest
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-HP ?
-Focus Blast

I'd like opinions on what Hidden Power type you think would give me the best coverage. Any other critique of the set is also welcome!
Ice, for Dragons and Flying Types.
Or Fire, to hit Grass.

What's up with the whole Wobbuffet+Dugtrio thing? I heard it had something to do with Tickle, but I don't really get what it's about

Which pokemon would be good teammates for Politoad, Dnite, Ludicolo (rain dish) and Ferothorn (previously a Durant)?

And also, what would be a good special wall to create a defensive core with Tropius?

Why do people on Smogon still use the Japanese names of Pokemon and items, even though the English version has come out? It really fustrates me, because I never know what moves/Pokemon people are talking about.

If a pokemon with a air balloon sets up a substitute, but the sub is then broken, is the air balloon popped?
No because the Pokémon itself isn't taking the hit and the Air Balloon belongs to the Pokémon not the Substitute.

Why do people on Smogon still use the Japanese names of Pokemon and items, even though the English version has come out? It really fustrates me, because I never know what moves/Pokemon people are talking about.
Because they are lazy. I agree it is really annoying

Um, I still use those names, and personally, like most of my friends at school, we just think that for Fifth Gen, for some crazy reason, the romanised Japanese names sound, well, 'cooler' I suppose. I mean, Roobushin, though not a great name, has less puns about it than Conkelderp. ;)

But yeah, annoying if you don't know what they are. I guess it's just one's personal opinion in the end. Some things (I'm looking at you, Darumaka) just don't sound right to some people.

Now, my question: who actually decides on the place where Smogonites discuss things? I mean, last Gen we raided Heatrans's lair of Stark Mountain, and now we took over the Golurk-infested Dragonspiral Tower. Not that I'm complaining, just curious is all.

It's because those people (I'm one of them) have used those names for over 4 months, and you get used to them. It's natural.

Actually, I think the Japanese names are supposed to be puns. . . but since they're Japanese they don't translate well.

On another note, I'd like a bit of help with a team I plan on using. I'm going for a bulky, tankish kind of team. I've currently got a Ferrothorn w/ Spikes and Stealth Rock to set up traps and an Eviolite Dusclops to Spin Block. I now am wondering who to get as a Spinner. My mind's juggled around Starmie and Excadrill, but I also wanted to use Slowbro on the team and Excadrill probably is better off sweeping anyways. Any suggestions?

Actually, I think the Japanese names are supposed to be puns. . . but since they're Japanese they don't translate well.

On another note, I'd like a bit of help with a team I plan on using. I'm going for a bulky, tankish kind of team. I've currently got a Ferrothorn w/ Spikes and Stealth Rock to set up traps and an Eviolite Dusclops to Spin Block. I now am wondering who to get as a Spinner. My mind's juggled around Starmie and Excadrill, but I also wanted to use Slowbro on the team and Excadrill probably is better off sweeping anyways. Any suggestions?
I'd use Ice Shard Donphan. Priority is always good, plus it gets Sturdy.

I've been hearing that Tornadus and Espeon have both swapped, with Espeon going to OU and Torndaus dropping down to UU. Is there somewhere on Smogon where I can find the CURRENT OU tier listings, because the May 2011 usage stats don't seem to indicate the cut off point too well?

I'd use Ice Shard Donphan. Priority is always good, plus it gets Sturdy.
Err, that brings up another question. If traps are set up and I send out Donphan to clean 'em up, then wouldn't the possible effect of his Sturdy be nullified? I'm not certain on the mechanics of Sturdy nowadays, but I think his ability would become useless at the point of switching in unless Leftovers somehow resets his ability.

I guess what I'm asking is this: Would any means of recovery which brings a Pokemon back to 100% reactivate Sturdy? I don't think it would, but I just need a bit of clarification.

EDIT: Wow, it turns out it does. How very fortunate.

I've been hearing that Tornadus and Espeon have both swapped, with Espeon going to OU and Torndaus dropping down to UU. Is there somewhere on Smogon where I can find the CURRENT OU tier listings, because the May 2011 usage stats don't seem to indicate the cut off point too well?
Iirc, while Espeon did get used more, the Pokemon usable in UU will change every 3 months, not every month. So, as of now, the OU tier listings from May is the same one used currently. I can still use Espeon in UU, so I'm pretty sure that that's the case.

Yeah, it only changes every 3 months, so Espeon won't be out of UU until August. Otherwise, the usage stats are stickied in Dragonspiral.

Sorry for the noobish question, but what does IRC stand for. I signed up for the pokemon world cup, and it talks about IRC. Please someone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)