Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
The few Hail teams I've seen on the ladder are absolutely awful.
Not all of them are awful >_> Mine's been doing pretty awesome (peaked 73) Snover is a little boss, I've had a few people switch in Rhyperior against him, hoping for an easy KO. Unfortunately for them, Snover's Giga Drain OHKOd it (Fizz knows that first hand, lol)

Walrein is hard to take care of once he gets behind a sub, especially if you don't get a Toxic on him soon enough. And Glaceon has been acting like a mini-Garchomp (because Snow Cloak hax are awesome)

Two of the biggest things that Hail teams need to have is Spin support (Stealth Rocks take out huge chunks of HP) and something to deal with Fire and Fighting. For a while I was using Golurk for my Fighting counter, but outside of that he didn't preform too well. Right now I'm using Toxic stall Audino (Wish & Heal Bell support is great for this team) and it's working out rather well.

Typlosion-This guy is just crazy. I run him with a modest/specs set. and he runs through everything using a stab eruption. He's probably my fav pokemon in this tier.

Umbreon is the best WishPasser available in the tier, only facing competition from Alomomola and Audino
This is a joke right? Clefable is by far the best one. Still reasonably bulky, and with Magic Guard, it doesnt give care about Spikes, Stealth Rock, or status. Don't forget instant recovery that won't be ruined with weather.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a joke right? Clefable is by far the best one. Still reasonably bulky, and with Magic Guard, it doesnt give care about Spikes, Stealth Rock, or status. Don't forget instant recovery that won't be ruined with weather.
I disagree. Clefable is also great, but Umbreon has awesome defensive stats, while still having all the supportive options. Magic guard is nice, but I don't think it is everything (and Synchronize is lol if you run heal bell). Besides, I never saw the attraction of running a recovery move alongside Wish.

Personally I have been using it on a team with Venomoth, as it can receive passed Quiver Dances, Heal Bell if the intended receiver is statused, Wish, and then pass the boosts off to a finisher, while having the bulk to take a few of almost any neutral (or NVE) attack.

So, while Clefable is great (and much more versatile), for Wish passing purposes, I think Umbreon is tops in the tier.

idontusehackedpokes said:
I think its great that we banned Garchomp. According to my logic, there is now another free spot up in OU and something from UU is moving up. And if Something from UU is moving up, then something from RU is also moving into UU and so on.
Taken from the OU Suspect thread.

Is this really the case? Meaning Venomoth (assuming it stays #1) will be leaving?

Venomoth outclasses it
I'd like to point out that Mothim has higher Special Attack, higher attack (in the rare case that one would want to go mixed), and a better movepool. There are also no pokemon that 4x resist Mothim's STAB combo, unlike Venomoth. Mothim may be more vulnerable to SR and have lower speed, but I see Mothim as the Yanmega that got Quiver Dance.

Bouff that Gastro lol

Yeah thats great synergy, especially for Trick Room. Good eye sir.

Also, Bouffalant seems like a pretty good thing to counter a Venomoth. Most Venomoths will try to pull off a Sleep Powder, but with a Bouffalant there he can absorb it, thus boosting his attack a stage.
A smart venomoth player has seen your sleep counter (honchkrow/buoffolant) and will QD on your switch and then OHKO you, instead of giving you a free switch in by using Sleep powder.

I'd like to point out that Mothim has higher Special Attack, higher attack (in the rare case that one would want to go mixed), and a better movepool. There are also no pokemon that 4x resist Mothim's STAB combo, unlike Venomoth. Mothim may be more vulnerable to SR and have lower speed, but I see Mothim as the Yanmega that got Quiver Dance.
it's impossible to 4x resist venomoth's moves since he has tinted lens.

Golduck is basically the sleeper hit Water-type of RU. I haven't seen anyone else use it, but it completely ruins Hail which isn't running an offensive Snover or T-bolt user. It also has a fantastic movepool.

I've been using:

Golduck @ Leftovers
Calm / Cloud Nine
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Def
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hypnosis

Hidden Power and other support moves could work over Hypnosis, and Scald is always an option. A CroCune-style set could possibly work as well, but I haven't tested it yet.

Not all of them are awful >_> Mine's been doing pretty awesome (peaked 73) Snover is a little boss, I've had a few people switch in Rhyperior against him, hoping for an easy KO. Unfortunately for them, Snover's Giga Drain OHKOd it (Fizz knows that first hand, lol)

Walrein is hard to take care of once he gets behind a sub, especially if you don't get a Toxic on him soon enough. And Glaceon has been acting like a mini-Garchomp (because Snow Cloak hax are awesome)

Two of the biggest things that Hail teams need to have is Spin support (Stealth Rocks take out huge chunks of HP) and something to deal with Fire and Fighting. For a while I was using Golurk for my Fighting counter, but outside of that he didn't preform too well. Right now I'm using Toxic stall Audino (Wish & Heal Bell support is great for this team) and it's working out rather well.
Peaking 73 on this ladder isn't an accomplishment at all. I've gotten higher than that with teams that are an absolute joke. (Using stuff like an RU version of the popular OU tactic of 4 dragons, mag, and a filler (Fraxure, Zweilous, Shelgon, Dragonair, Magneton, CB Piloswine).

To all the people talk about Clefable: holy shit I didn't even realize Clefable was in this tier. Clefable is an excellent WishPasser and I can't believe I haven't taken note of it yet!

Honestly the only things people are doing in this tier are just spamming the OP bugs and shit in the tier, and nobody is taking notice of the things that are actually good. The players that use the things that are good are the ones that make it to the top of the ladder. Personally, the highest I've peaked is 13th. Around there is when the rankings begin to suddenly skyrocket for some reason and it's hard to get higher. One loss on this ladder knocks you down like 10 spots, so it's hard to maintain a spot.

Honestly the only things people are doing in this tier are just spamming the OP bugs and shit in the tier, and nobody is taking notice of the things that are actually good. The players that use the things that are good are the ones that make it to the top of the ladder. Personally, the highest I've peaked is 13th. Around there is when the rankings begin to suddenly skyrocket for some reason and it's hard to get higher. One loss on this ladder knocks you down like 10 spots, so it's hard to maintain a spot.
I'm with you I was 21st. lost 1 game and went to 33rd. so sad. I like to think I run stuff that isn't too op. lol I'm running evol golbat in my team.

Sorry, didn't realize 73 wasn't good >_____>

Anyway, Clefable is a bitch to go up against. I fought one that acted exactly like Blissey and it took forever to take it out. It's moveset was something like

- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Wish / Softboiled (can't remember which one it was)

I really hope that they start to get this tier straightened up soon though, seeing as it's actually pretty popular

Indeed everyone, I tested out Clefable and it's basically like Blissey here but possibly even better since you can't just hit it with status to win. It seems that Clefable, Audino, and Munchlax are the premier special walls of this tier.

What about lickilicky?Clefable's defenses are 95/73/90 where lickilicky is 110/95/95

Now Clefable has a better movepool overall iirc but if we are talking cleric then lickilicky isn't to bad. It doesn't have magic guard but it has healbell. I'm testing it out and so far it's alright.

Odd and hypothetical questions here...

If the main reason Manaphy is banned from OU is due to Tail Glow, does that mean Volbeat would/should be banned from RU (to be playable in UU) since not only it has Tail Glow, but it can Baton Pass the boost, as well?

If no, and when a new NU teir starts up, will Volbeat (potentially) be the best SpAtk based Poke in that tier?

So when does RU get it's own subforum/fanclub because this thread is absolute none-sense. I don't know most of the pokemon in this tier unless some one says that they are and then I add them if I like them. (AKA Clefable, Dusclops and Feraligtr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)