Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Entei have Intimidate? No.

Does Entei Dragon Tail to negate the sleep talking negative priority (aka a chance to not be phaze bait for stall teams)? No.

Is Entei immune to T-spikes and Spikes? No.

Is RestTalk Gyarados even his most popular set in OU? Hell no.

RestTalkers aside from Gyarados and Milotic (who both use Dragon Tail) are pretty much dead this Gen.
A guy that made it to #1 on the ladder used a team with RestTalk Entei and he even said that it was with MVP.

Does Entei have Intimidate? No.

Does Entei Dragon Tail to negate the sleep talking negative priority (aka a chance to not be phaze bait for stall teams)? No.

Is Entei immune to T-spikes and Spikes? No.

Is RestTalk Gyarados even his most popular set in OU? Hell no.

RestTalkers aside from Gyarados and Milotic (who both use Dragon Tail) are pretty much dead this Gen.
Now you're just being silly. You said that restalkers who were SR weak were bad, now you are backtracking and making arbitrary conditions that fit gyarados perfectly.

Entei doesn't have dragon tail, but he does have roar. Why is dragon tail so important?

Entei isn't immune to spikes, but he also isn't weak to electric, which helps when practically half the special sweepers in ru are electric types.

As a completely solid counter to lilligant (and the sceptiles that like to run around and the occasional cottonee and the innumerous giga drains) Is Buffaron, the guy has solid defenses, SE megahorn, and herbivore. Immunity to sleep powder and the only stab option while gaining a +1 attack boosting you to above 500 attack with solid enough defense to take a +1 coverage move. After gaining a +1 it becomes a beast tearing apart teams.

Has 95/95/95 defenses. 110 attack. Near MVP of my team. Been running a sub set to abuse will o' wisp spread by my rotom. But SD seems like it could be fun. Test away this guy is a hidden gem of RU where grass types run rampant.

and as a sidenote, on the conservation above I prefer Roar/whirlwind to Dtail (save for where its stabbed) Substitute says sub and lawls at you.

diggin' it.

this will help bidge the gap between the awesome pokemon that just happen to be NU(walrein, Chu Dat) and those that are literally useless(Luvdisc).

out of Curiosity, what's this tier's opinion on the light Ball(since I think it was banned in NU last gen?)

lol Pikachu......I don't think Pikachu makes any difference here.

Pinsir is really good in this tier...I haven't seen many people using it. A lead set and a scarf set are the most effective ones. There aren't many uses for Mold Breaker here cause levitate isn't really that common of any ability though.

Pikachu is too slow. It was ok in NU where it could set up a sub in the face of something it outsped and KOed. However here it can't do that as well. It will probably do fairly well against slow teams. Not so much against most of the tier though.

Most teams aren't really slow though. Fast-paced bug sweepers are the common thing, and the slower stuff like Regice and Cresselia are basically untouched by Pikachu anyway.

More stuff to recommend to people:

Rhyperior is the best damn thing in the tier. Stealth Rock/EQ/Stone Edge/Phazing Move with Max HP and Attack is absolutely absurd. It never dies, and it dishes out ridiculous damage. Eviolite Rhydon has a little more bulk, but no lefties recovery and it's not quite as strong.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RestTalk Venomoth is amazing. It sets up on pretty much any specially based Pokemon, and once it gets going Tinted Lens is just magic. So I don't think RestTalk is quite dead yet.

I would max because it's on an important speed tier (90?) and you don't want to be outsped by Pinsir (who is 85 IIRC).

Generally with Quiver Dance and Own Tempo Petal Dance you don't need much bulk, just go max SpA/Spe.

I would max because it's on an important speed tier (90?) and you don't want to be outsped by Pinsir (who is 85 IIRC).

Generally with Quiver Dance and Own Tempo Petal Dance you don't need much bulk, just go max SpA/Spe.
You use Petal Dance on Lilligant? I've been running Giga Drain because I like the longevity more...and the damage output is more than enough after a couple Quiver Dances.

RestTalk Venomoth is amazing. It sets up on pretty much any specially based Pokemon, and once it gets going Tinted Lens is just magic. So I don't think RestTalk is quite dead yet.
That set sounds badass. Considering you're at the top of the ladder right now, I'm assuming that this set does indeed work.

Any opinions on Gardevoir for this tier? I get the feeling that it could be useful as a check to Rain teams like it was in 4th gen UU, but then again Yanmega and Honchkrow both wreck it, although neither is really seen on a Rain team.

Honestly I don't even know why we're waiting. Why can't we just straight up ban Yanmega right now? Nothing else in the tier is as completely impossible to handle as it.

RestTalk Venomoth of all things? Have to say, I'm skeptical, but if Reach got to the top of the ladder with it, it must be excellent. Probably Rest/Sleep Talk/Bug Buzz/Quiver Dance?

Bouffalant @ Choice Band/Life Orb
move 1: Head Charge
move 2: Wild Charge
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Megahorn
ability: Sap Sipper
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

From using this guy I can tell you that he is a bulky monstrousity. He can take hits all day! I have personally seen him get hit by 3 supereffective hits and still have HP left. He is just a pure monster.

Granted he is rather slow with a base 55 speed stat, he still has 95/95/95 defenses and 110 base attack. With this in mind he completely destroys things with a Choice Band set and Sap Sipper.

Sap Sipper absorbs all grass moves, Leech Seed and Petal Dance for example, and for each one that is absorbed Bouffalant's attack rises 1 stage. With a Choice Band and 1 Sap Sipper Boost his attack rises to 787 with this set. This makes him a complete counter to Lilligant, Cottonee and any other grass pokemon.

In RU most of the things that countered him are gone, but you might still want to use Life Orb over Choice Band for Ghosts that would end your sweep.

Does Sap Sipper block Sleep Powder too? If so, then Afrobull is the best damn Lilligant counter in RU. If not, it's still dicey.
Sap Sipper (aka herbivore) absorbs all grass moves except aromatherapy apparently, so yes it absorbs sleep powder.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sap_Sipper_(ability)

Its a complete counter to Cottonee and Lilligant. I assume that Bouffalant will rise in usage once Perversity Serperior is released. I remember using him as a complete counter to Perversity Serperior in the Dream World tier back in October.

That's assuming Contrary Serperior will be RU, according to the Dream World tier it's going to be a top contender for OU. I'm not sure whether Bouffalant would be used in OU that much JUST as a Serperior check, since many Grass types in the tier can do something against him. Ferrothorn can stack Spikes, Virizion and Breloom kick him around.

That's assuming Contrary Serperior will be RU, according to the Dream World tier it's going to be a top contender for OU. I'm not sure whether Bouffalant would be used in OU that much JUST as a Serperior check, since many Grass types in the tier can do something against him. Ferrothorn can stack Spikes, Virizion and Breloom kick him around.
True. Well I am fine with him being in the lower tiers because he can wreck shit up down in RU.

Now I wonder if Revenge would be good on him for RU. Considering Revenge is basically a Fighting type variant of Payback and Bouffalant is rather slow.

GastroBouff could be a great combo in RU, with Gastrodon sponging special attacks and getting free hits, whilst Bouff can switch in on Grass moves and get some more free hits. Plus they're both super slow, so the combo could work even better in Trick Room.

I`ve been using specs Sceptile to great success. I run Leaf Storm, HP Fire, Dragon Pulse, and giga drain for coverage. I`ve yet to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)