Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy-oh, Smogon. No, I am not from Texas (In fact I'm from Austria), I just like saying that. I've been lurking for a while, am even kinda active on PO, but sliding down the ranks I've decided to give competitive a break and start my first Nuzlocke challenge. Now, I just bought a Heartgold edition (yeah, I'm so up to date with shit), and so I thought I'd start it off with my very first Nuzlocke challenge!

So, yeah. I'm excited. Now, it is my first Nuzlocke challenge, my first post on Smogon and my first run of a Johto game since Gold, which was my first Pokémon game ever. So please do flood me with suggestions, tips, encouragement, criticism and indifference, but bare with me. I'm going to make a story out of this and I'll post the updates here, so that's that. Deal with it :P

I can't think of anything else right now.

Cheeerio, Spoook.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There shall be no Nuzlocke Thursday today. However, tomorrow shall have an update the likes of which you have seen before!

Also, @ Spoook: Welcome to Smogon! I joined Smogon for the Nuzlocke thread as well, so best of luck to you in competitive and in Nuzlocke!

I swear.
The game must be siccing Sigilyphs on me.

THEY'RE FUCKING EVERYWHERE ASDFASFADSFASFFDGAERNGAEIKJGFM.
(and my team is full of bug- grass- and poison- types asdfadfnjgaeragng)

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
agreed, Sigilyph is a bitch.

ALthough, the trainers that really piss me off is the one with a Simpour IN RAIN and another trainer with a Darmanitan

My update is taking a while, just because I have a lot other things to do.

Another update will probably come next week

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After my last gasp victory over Ghetsis I was keen to take a rest, and officially retire as a pokemon trainer. After all, I had beaten the pokemon league and exposing my friends to the possibility of more violence was rather stupid. However, all of this changed. On my way back home I stumbled into the Shadow Triad who informed me that Ghetsis had been freed and that his prized Nuzlocke virus that he infected me with had been released into the world.

I was horror-struck at the thought of more pokemon trainers having to watch there friends die in battle. Furthermore, once more information about the virus was known, trainers would release there pokemon anyway to better protect them. Alder and I held an emergency meeting at the Pokemon League. Despite contacting many scientists no cure had yet been found, in fact, the only bit of information that had been gleaned from the virus, was that it was not affecting the people of Unova. Alder theorised that this was because I had beaten the league thereby controlling the virus. No-one had any idea how this worked, it apparently if a contaminated trainer beat the pokemon league in a region then the virus lost its lethality. I could see where this was going, I was the first person infected with this virus and therefore some sort of “master control”. If I failed to beat the Pokemon League then the Nuzlocke virus would continue to spread and people and pokemon would continue to be separated for there own safety.

I hated it but I had no choice, I would have to head into other regions in order to stop this. Furthermore, I could not take my friends with me, with Alder arguing that it was too risky and could speed up the spread or the virus. I would have to start from scratch.

I arrived in Johto later that day and Elm took me to his lab where I could choose my first pokemon. I looked over the 3 pokeballs and began to feel discouraged, who was I to condemn one pokemon a life of possible death?

Eventually I composed myself, I remembered Bacon and how even though he had suffered the virus, together we had fought on, achieved great things and he was still alive today. Taking a deep breath I picked up a ball and a Cyndaquil appeared at my side. I gave a small smile, “hello Inferno”

Yeah sorry just an intro, 'set the scene' post, I promise next update will have a gym battle!

Part 9

Part 9
Part 9 time! this part features the E4 battles.

I leave the Opelicud gym and Prof Juniper appears. "hello!" She shouws me the way to route 10 and I obtain the Master Ball!!

Route 10 has the susual batch of trainers and grass. I catch a Troh called Anton and I battle trainers to level my team. Cheren also wants to test me. Even though my pokemon were a bit underleved (they all were lvl 44), I still beat Cheren without much trouble. Bianca gave me some Max revives too (not gonna use them, obviously) and I then reach the Badge Gate.

The bagde gate features areas that are familiar with the type of gyms. For exmaple, the area after the Jet badge was some 'air walking'. after being approved entry, we finally reach Victory Road.

Aaaaaahhhh. Victory Road. The final cave before the ultimate challenge. We enter with a lot of confidence. I catch a female Boldore named Ore. A lazy name, but whatever! Anyways, the road was harsh and there were many difficult battles, but we prevailed in the end. When we finally reached the Pokémon League, we were all excited about the upcoming battles. But first, I went to train my team and others for the battles to come. I trained 4 pokemon in my box too, in case a teammembet died. I trained them all to my pokeleague limit: lvl 52. Then we entered the Pokémon League!

I wanted to go clockwise, starting with the Ghost type trainer, Shauntal. I was carried by Ghosts until I reached Shauntal. WE then proceeded to battle.

E4 member Shauntal. Type: Ghost
Triceratop vs Cofagrigus
My strategy against Cofagrigus was fairly easy. I used Chrunch, to get rid of my Defeatist ability while Cofagrigus used Will-O-Wisp, giving Triceratop a burn. I was perpared for that however, as my Rawst Berry kicked in and enabled me to finish of Confagrigus with a second Crunch.

Triceratop vs Jellicent
KNowing that Jellicent is more Specially Defensive, I kpet Triceratop in. I went for an Acrobatics, because a STAB Acrobatics reaches a BP of 165. and Chrunch only gets 160 BP when it's Super effective. The Acrobatics nearly killed Jellicent, and a Surf came. Triceratop sruvived with only 7 (!) HP and killed the Jellicent with a Crunch, BUT Shaunt had to use a Full Restore, only lenghtening the battle for a single turn. At least she got rid of her Full Resotres already :P

Pete vs Chandelure
Chandelure came in, and I went to Pete. A quick Surf OHKO'ed Chandelure and Shauntal had 1 pokemon left

Pete vs Golurk
Her final pokemon, Golurk. Knowing it was ground tyoed I kept Pete in to use another Surf. Another OHKO.
We beat Shauntal!!! Now 3 more to go!

I proceeded to the next room, where i was transporter by a moving carpet. Ther Stood Grimsley.. Let's battle!

E4 member Grimsley. Type: Dark
Shelob vs Scrafty
I knew Scrafty was coming first, o I send something in that could resist it's attacks a little bit. I opened the battle with a STAB Signal Beam and It didn't do half. A Crunch from him didn't do half either. So I went on to use a STAB Thunder and that killed Scrafty.

Pete vs Krookodile
Krookodile, just like Mr Crok. I used Pete for the obvious super effective Surf. That Surf was yet another OHKO, so Pete had already OHKO'ed 3 E4 pokemon.

Jade vs Bisharp
The first time Jade entered battle as a Haxorus. Grimsley gasped when he saw her. I used a 4 times super effective Brick Break and OHKO'ed Bisharp

Jade vs Liepard
Final pokemon:Liepard. The most used pokemon in the entire game, thanks to Team Plasma. Anyways, Jade has a powerfull weapon against Dark Types: X-Scissor. This OHKO'ed Liepard
We beat Grimsley! This one was fairly easy! On to Caitlin!

As soon as I entered the room, I was lifted by thelepathy. The Caitlin came out of her bed and we battled.

E4 member Caitlin. Type: Psychic
Mr Crok vs Reuniclus
Reuniclus is her biggest threat to me, so I gave a Dark Gem to Mr Crok, to riase the chance of OHKOing that stupid jelly blob. I used Crunch and the combination of STAB, super effective and Dark Gem secured the OHKO.

Triceratop vs Sigilyph
I knew Triceratop would outspeed, so I went for a super effective STAB Rock Slide that OHKO'ed Sigilyph.

Lumière vs Gothitelle
I thaught I outsped her and I was right. The super effective STAB Spell Tag boosted Shadow Ball was enough to OHKO Gothitelle.

Shelob vs Musharna
The final round vs the bulkiest pokemon. I went for Shelob because I knew Musharna wouldn't be able to hurt me at all. I went for a Signal Beam and it did more than half. The Pshychic did more than half too. So I needed to hit with Signal Beam and it did so Musharna was down.
Caitlin couldn't believe that a kid had defeated her. The eventually accepted and we went on to battle the toughest E4 member: Marshal!

There was a reason I saved him for last and that was because he is the hardest to take down.

E4 member Marshal. Type: Fighting
Jade vs Troh
I used a Dragon claw (missclick) and it did half. He missed the Stone Edge, fortunalety. I then used a Dragon Dance, as planned, while he just made a scratch with Bulldoze. I use Dragon Dacne again and he used Bulldoze again. Now at +2 Attack, I went on to attack with Dragon Claw to KO

Jade vs Sawk
Sawk was easy. This is because I have Mold Breaker so Strudy doesn't work. An easy OHKO with Dragon Claw.

Jade vs Conkeldurr
At +2, I was very confident that I would take him out. I also have the Dragon Fang, that ups the damage of Dragon moves. I was right, the Dragon Claw OHKO'ed the Conkeldurr.

Triceratop vs Mienshao
Because of Mienshao's Speed and Retaliate, I sent in Triceratop. It outsped Mienshao and OHKO'ed with Acrobatics.
So Marshal was actually quite easy! All thanks to Jade with Dragon Dance. I will use that stragety later too :P

I gained acces to the Champions Room, hoping I wasn't too late........

To be continued......

Jade (Haxorus) @ Dragon Fang
lvl 53
Hasty Nature with Mold Breaker
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break
- X-scissor
- Dragon Claw

Pete (Simipour) @ NeverMeltIce
lvl 53
Modest Nature with Gluttony
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Acrobatics
- Surf

Shelob (Galvantula) @ Magnet
lvl 52
Calm nature with Compoundeyes
- Sucker Punch
- Electroweb
- Signal Beam
- Thunder

Lumière (Chandelure) @ Spell Tag
lvl 52
Calm Nature with Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball

Triceratop (Archeops)
lvl 53
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Mr. Crok (Krookodile) @ Blackglasses
lvl 52
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Foul Play
- Crunch

Anton (Troh) lvl 52
Sharpy (Bisharp) lvl 52
Sandy (Mienshao) lvl 52
Claws (Excadrill) lvl 52
Ore (Boldore) lvl 39
Sheldon (Shelmet) lvl 30
Marty (Zebstrika) lvl 30
Toad (Foongus) lvl 28
Daisy (Ducklett) lvl 25
Eagle (Tranquill) lvl 21
Mowz (Minccino) lvl 19
Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Kobra (Serperior) lvl 36
Daddy (Herdier) lvl 28
Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

Stratos

Banned deucer.
so I started a Nuzlocke of my White.

Rules:
-The three obvious ones
-If the first one you find is a repeat, SUCK IT UP
-Only buy Pokeballs
-No items mid-battle
-No grinding to a higher level than the next GL
-Battle on Set

So I started off with Oshawott because i figured it was a great balance between speed (Sorry Tepig) and actually hitting something (Coughsnivy). Timid Nature, whoot! Sadly, my great luck was nearly cut dreadfully short by a Crit against Cheren, but I got through. When I talked to Prof. Juniper, I decided to name him Same Color after the comic.
On route 1, I found a Lillipup, and I quietly rejoiced that it wasn't a Patrat. After naming him Lupin in a tribute to Harry Potter's evil professor of the same name and destroying N's Purrloin with my level 6 Oshawott, I went back and ground Lillipup up. It has a rash nature, but I can deal.
Sadly, route 2, I found another Lillipup and had to suck it up, but Lupin easily ploughed through everyone I came to. Now they're both level 9, and I just came to Striaton.

So, uh...

I started with Tepig, caught two lilipups, and got my pansage.

Pansage died on his first battle to a critical tackle, and now I have no Poke with cut, can't catch anything else, and can't proceed forward because of the dream dust crap.

What do?

Recently started a special Nuzlocke run, as inspired from one on the Nuzlocke Forums. The main difference from other Nuzlocke runs is I can only catch 1 of each type, meaning if I catch a Kricketot, I can't catch a Scyther later. If a Pokemon has 2 types, the first gets chosen, with the exceptions being Flying-types, which count as flying-types until I catch one, than I count the first type.

Faint meaning death still applies

So I started and named myself Jeff for no reason. My rival is named Roy, a default name. I do the ordinary begining game stuff, choosing Chimchar as my starter, named Olly, because Fire-types are uncommon. I get the Pokedex, and Dawn orders me to go back home. Before I leave, I buy a few Pokeballs (you can buy them before Dawn teaches you how to catch, something I found out on my first playthrough) and a truckload of potions (and by truckload I mean 10)

I go to Verity Lakefront and catch my first team member, Tessie the Bidoof. I've been wanting to use Bidoof, so this is good. So I get the parcel, and Dawn catches me how to catch stuff (a bit late on that one), and I find my second teammate, Celia the Shinx. Before I fight the first trainers, I grind Tessie and Celia to level 6. During this time, Tessie proves to be extremely average, while Celia shows signs of awesomeness already, with Intimidate trolling everyone.

I beat the trainers (Olly and Celia do great, but Tessie still has trouble). I meet Looker, and rush to the next route, where I find Milla the Starly. Proceed grinding to level 9. Then onto rival fi-wait I didn't get the Poketch. To the Pok-wait I din't give Roy the pakage. OK, so I give the stuff to Roy and get a map and talk to clowns to get a watch. NOW the rival!

Olly defeats Starly easily, but Piplup is different. I send out Celia for Bubble resist and Intimidate, bur Piplup spams Growl until I do next to nothing, and Pounds for decent damage despite Intimidate, but luckily he was nearly dead by that point, and I kill it. After the battle, I go to the new grass for a new friend. OK, I already have Normal, flying, and Electric, which leaves...ABRA!

After a few minutes of searching, I come across the little teleporting fox-thingy. It plans to flee, but Olly mocks his cowardice, forcing him to struggle through (in other words, Olly uses Taunt, and Abra has to Struggle). Now I can catch it!... with my 3 Pokeballs. Crudcake. I throw a Pokeball, and it shakes once...twice...fail! Abra uses Struggle, bringing it closer to death. I use the next Pokeball, and............SUCESS! WOOHOO! I've got an Abra! Never used one.

I named the little fella Lucas. It also has a Mild nature, yay! It's gonna be so awesome when it evolves...in 11 levels. Into the box for now, I guess. And end day one!
-------
Team:
Olly the Chimchar (Level 10)
Gentle Nature
Scratch
Leer
Ember
Taunt

Tessie the Bidoof (Level 9)
Relaxed Nature
Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl
Nothing

Celia the Shinx (Level 10)
Jolly Nature
Tackle
Leer
Charge
Nothing

Milla the Starly (Level 9)
Jolly Nature
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
---------
Boxed:
Lucas the Abra (Level 5)

Also, I just read this comic, and I highly recommend that anyone else who is a fan of Nuzlocke or just Pokemon in general read it. It's a real heartwrencher. The guy has it hosted on deviantart, which has a rather strange viewing format, but it's worth it.
http://pettyartist.deviantart.com/gallery/26843300?offset=48

;____________;

I damn near lost it when Rick died. For that matter, pretty much every one of my reactions was exactly what the author would've wanted. I'm such a sucker for a good Nuzlocke comic XD

For showing me this, I deem your using an HM slave to advance OK. (Granted, you're only like an hourish in, as far as playtime goes, so you could probably bite the bullet and restart the game.)

Also, I just read this comic, and I highly recommend that anyone else who is a fan of Nuzlocke or just Pokemon in general read it. It's a real heartwrencher. The guy has it hosted on deviantart, which has a rather strange viewing format, but it's worth it.
That was the most emotionally painful thing I have ever seen in my entire life ;_;

The "Heart of Life" and Epilogue videos made me cry like a bitch. So emotional......

Restarting My Emerald Nuzlocke. Here's part 1:

It all started one normal day in my local town of Littleroot. Me and my partner Torchic were watching the sunset and I felt this ominous feeling...something bad was going to happen."Blaze, it's getting dark, you should come home" my mom called. I get up ready to leave for home and May comes up to me. "Ah May, my good childhood friend" I thought and i had nearly forgotten about that ominous feeling when ...Arceus appeared!
Then he said via telepathy

"You have been chosen!"

then he dissapeared. May shook me by the arm "Blaze" she called. She apparently hadn't seen him. "Did you just see that?" I asked. "Yeah, it's a beautiful sunset?" she replied, she indeed hadn't seen him...but how? I look over my shoulder and down to my Torchic or Phoenix as I like to call him, the look on his face confirmed it he had seen Arceus as well.

May was starting to give us a strange look but i put the event behind and actually started paying attention to her. "What up May?!" I asked. "Well I'm good but what's up with you 2?" she replied. "Uh nothing it's cool" i said. "Oh OK, just decided I'd stop to see you. Just got back from Oldale Pokemon Mart, Dad had something sent to him from Prof. Oak, more Pokedexes for starting trainers. Hey you don't have one right?"

"Yeah"

"

"Stop by tomorrow and i'll see whether I can get dad to give you one, K bye!"

"Bye!"

And she leaves for home a.k.a the lab of Prof. Birch, Pokemon Researcher. "Hmm a Pokedex that'd be nice especially cause Prof. Birch gave me Phoenix" I said while remiiniscing on the Arceus event, I decided to sleep it off.

Got home ate dinner and went to bed. While I slept Arceus appeared again and this time he explained what he meant on his earlier statement. He said "I am getting weaker I may not be able to secure the safety of all Pokemon anymore" I gasped and looked at Phoenix, he was listening as well. Arceus continued "Pokemon normally faint when exhausted in battle but in my state they could die if exhausted, it's not happening yet but it will and it will begin with you!" I retracted in fear at the thought of Phoenix dying. "It would have to start with someone and i wanted to make sure whoever it did start with could end it".

"But why me?!"

I finally responded having summoned the courage to do so. "I just told you" he said and continued "Only you can end it! and here's how: I reside in Sinnoh you have to come there and defeat me freeing me from what is weakening me, in order to do that you must become strong so go to the 4 Pokemon Leagues of Hoenn , where you now are in, then from there Johto, Kanto and finally Sinnoh after which you will face me. You must do this before this spreads and all hope of life is lost. Please! I know you can do it".

"Will I see you again before then?"

"I have to rest to regain strength so i will not appear unless ansolutely necessary"

And he faded away. I awoke in my room the next morning, I knew what had to be done.

It will be following the 3 standard Nuzlocke rules (With duplicate clause), wish me luck!

Has anyone tried Nuzlocking BlazeBlack/VoltWhite? It's a fairly new hack of Black/White in the vein of Emerald 386; that is, almost all 649 Pokemon are available ingame, and the level curve is incredibly steep. Here's where my team stands thus far, as I've just beaten Burgh and made it into Relic Castle:

Geert (Lv. 37 Simipour) - Gluttony
Work Up/Crunch/Acrobatics/Scald

The monkeys got a huge buff in BBVW, learning Acrobatics at (IIRC) level 14. Geert singlehandedly swept Chili (even though Striaton Gym became a rotation battle), swept Lenora by Working Up to +5/+5, and would've soloed Burgh had I not sacked one of my death fodder Pokes to get him out of -2 Attack from repeated Intimidates. Definitely the MVP so far.

Tanith (Lv. 34 Servine) - Contrary
Leaf Blade/Leech Seed/Mega Drain/Dragonbreath

Serperior is Grass/Dragon in BBVW, so I'm excited to see how Dragon STAB affects my team (especially when I'll theoretically have a second dragon on my team... more on that later). Leech Seed has been a godsend thus far, and Contrary is just the icing on the cake, turning Intimidate and Growl into +1 Attack, Sand-Attack into +1 accuracy, and all that jazz. (It'll also be cool when I have Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor in the 60s... nbd or anything.)

Alyson (Lv. 33 Trapinch) - Sheer Force
Crunch/Faint Attack/Sand-Attack/something else

Alyson was my Route 4 catch. Initially I was disappointed not to get a Darumaka for help with Burgh, but Sheer Force-boosted Crunch off of 100 Base Attack wrecks almost everything at this stage of the game. Alyson is my theoretical second Dragon, but I'm a little skeptical that she's going to survive the run. She's made it through so far, though.

Fabienne (Lv. 32 Krokorok) - Intimidate
Brent (Lv. 28 Rhyhorn) - not sure

I literally just caught these two... Fabienne goes down as Desert Resort, while Brent is my Relic Castle catch. I don't think I'm going to end up using both of these... having three Ground-types on my team is just asking for trouble, especially when the trainers in this game have incredibly beefed-up movesets... for instance, I can't use either of them to sweep Elesa, because three of her Pokemon have super effective attacks on these two.

---------------------------

Anyway, I highly recommend BlazeBlack and VoltWhite thus far. I don't have the link to it saved anywhere, but if you Google it y'all should be able to find it perfectly well if you want to play it. You'll need an emulator and a patcher, but those are pretty simple to find as well.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Walrein's Platinum Nuzlocke - Update #1

Right, so I'm doing one on Platinum. I'm too lazy to write a story, so I'll just be giving brief location and team updates. NOTE: Team will be listed oldest to newest.

CURRENT LOCATION: Grinding for Roark.

TEAM:
MacGruber the Chimchar - Lv. 12
So far, the MVP, mainly because the Chimchar family just wrecks stuff.

Dexter the Shinx - Lv. 11
I was initially disappointed that he didn't have Intimidate, but Rivalry has been surprisingly effective, given the high number of males I've encountered. Why Dexter? I was watching Dexter's Lab when I caught it.

HerpADerp the Bidoof - Lv. 11
Man, I was REALLY hoping for a Budew from this route. Tackle is weak, and he takes forever to level up. Unless the upcoming Rollouting changes my mind, he's gonna be the first guy in the box if I can help it.

Uri Geller the Abra - Lv. 11
I shed a manly tear of joy when I ran into this thing and somehow caught it. Dead weight now, but lv. 16 is just around the corner. Also, question: am I allowed to evolve it to Alakazam?

AspirinPlz the Psyduck - Lv. 14
Dead weight until lv 9. Water gun is just DEVASTATING at this point in the game. Wrecked the gym trainers, wrecked the mine, and Roark better watch out.

BOX: None D:

DEAD:
EffingRock the Geodude - R.I.P. at Lv. 9
Cause of death: Crit low kick from a Machop while grinding.
I can't really evaluate him, as he died within 10 minutes of being caught :/

That was tops. So much emotion and nice humor!
I'll be keeping tabs when the HG one gets updates.

Now for the complete opposite:
PART 19

Uri Geller the Abra - Lv. 11
I shed a manly tear of joy when I ran into this thing and somehow caught it. Dead weight now, but lv. 16 is just around the corner. Also, question: am I allowed to evolve it to Alakazam?
Generally, trading is allowed if it's solely for evolution purposes. Or at least it's what I've read before. (This assumes you're able to trade, obviously.)

Edit:

Oh gowd, Jarardo posted while I was typing this.

Good action, but I'm sad N didn't make some more sexual advances toward Dante D:

And Colin for MVP of the game, since he's gonna wreck shit soon enough.

argaraaarargaegnaekjgaioergkm

My white team :

-Servine
-Deerling
-Leavanny
-Whirlipede
-Solosis
-Ducklett

It's like the game gave me one massive "FUCK YOU" and dumped grass and bug types at me. I am now massively weak to flying, fire, and rock. Also sigilyphs are still after me.

aihaioerkgankglaelgkasla;fmklafgkl

argaraaarargaegnaekjgaioergkm

My white team :

-Servine
-Deerling
-Leavanny
-Whirlipede
-Solosis
-Ducklett

It's like the game gave me one massive "FUCK YOU" and dumped grass and bug types at me. I am now massively weak to flying, fire, and rock. Also sigilyphs are still after me.

aihaioerkgankglaelgkasla;fmklafgkl
Game: won. I know Serperior gets a fairly bad rap, but the moment he learns Coil (and evolves, derp) he's absolutely awesome. Leech Seed/Slam/Coil/Leaf Blade, and then drop Slam for Dragon Tail after beating the last gym. I used him in a non-Nuzlocke and basically just sat there Coiling forever. Dunno what item restrictions you gave yourself, tho.

And everyone knows Reuniclus is a boss.

I need to start a new Nuzlocke. Or pick up my Black Nuzlocke again. Maybe after a great FireRed and failed Emerald one I can finally return to playing B/W without being bugged by the same story unfolding for the 6th time ><

Game: won. I know Serperior gets a fairly bad rap, but the moment he learns Coil (and evolves, derp) he's absolutely awesome. Leech Seed/Slam/Coil/Leaf Blade, and then drop Slam for Dragon Tail after beating the last gym. I used him in a non-Nuzlocke and basically just sat there Coiling forever. Dunno what item restrictions you gave yourself, tho.

And everyone knows Reuniclus is a boss.

I need to start a new Nuzlocke. Or pick up my Black Nuzlocke again. Maybe after a great FireRed and failed Emerald one I can finally return to playing B/W without being bugged by the same story unfolding for the 6th time ><
Well thanks, but it doesn't help that the game always throws grass types at me D:

That and I am scared of Clay's 'Drill. I hate those excadrills D:

ginganinja

Updating cause I can

As far as partners go, Inferno would not have been more perfect. We did a great deal of training together while completing Elms errand, so much so, that when I encountered a red haired bloke who introduced himself as Matt, Inferno was able to prevail quite easily. As I continued training I began to add to my party. Nip the Rattata was my first party member closely followed by Watchman the Hoothoot. After arriving at Violet City I also managed to add Sceptre the Gastly and Slick the Wooper giving me a pretty full team. With team powerhouses Inferno and Sceptre with Slick providing back up support I was confident my team could handle anything Falkner could throw at me. Full of purpose, I entered the gym.

Falkners arena was extremely high up. In fact it was so high up I began to feel vertigo setting in. I suspected that this was something Falkner had engineered to give himself an even greater advantage and forced myself to ignore the high altitude and concentrate on the upcoming battle.

Falkner wasted no time in sending out a Pidgy seeking to abuse the skies as much as possible. I had to think fast. Most of my pokemon were earthbound which would result in a huge disadvantage in this battle. After a bit of thought I came up with a game plan and sent In Watchman to turn this into an Aerial Battle. A flash of light and my owl with tiny wings appeared ready to dual against the opposing bird. I gave it an encouraging nod and it took to the skies, Pidgy doing likewise. As the two pokemon circled each other I quickly ordered a powerful Tackle hoping to catch Falkner off guard. I had no such luck however as Pidgy countered with an equally powerful Tackle, cancelling out the blow. The two pokemon traded blows as I tried to work my way into a favourable position. Falkner however, was having none of this and, with his experience with working with flying pokemon, began to gain the upper hand.

Desperate, I ordered Watchman to fall back to gain some room to set up a counter attack. Pidgy gave chase, recklessly attacking Watchman and giving it no time to catch its breath. To my horror Pidgy slammed into Watchman from the side, breaking its wing as Watchman struggled to stay aloft. Falkner gave a grin as Pidgy closed in for the kill; he ordered one final tackle, aiming to end this fight with a quick blow. Pidgy increased its speed, getting closer and closer while Watchman became increasingly frantic in its efforts to get away. Pidgy prepared itself for one final lunge…

And Watchman turned around. It was more of a swivel really but all that really mattered were the sudden red rays blasting out of Watchmans eyes. The rays slammed into Pidgy from close range, Pidgy slowed, and its eyes began to close, the Hypnosis beginning to take its toll. Falkner could only watch in horror as Pidgy folded its wings and began to drop, once a magnificent flying pokemon, now a falling object flying like and resembling a brick. Pidgy slammed into the ground without even waking up before Watchman swooped down and gave it a tap on the head with its beak. Pidgy was out for the count.

Falkner was furious. He had gone from having total control of the battle to losing a pokemon all in a few seconds. Fuming, he threw a ball and a Pidgeotto appeared ready to battle. I eyed up the bird and weighed up my options. Watchman was far too weak to battle Pidgeotto, Falkner had outflown it with a Pidgy and I would hate to think what would happen if it went head to head with Pidgys evolved form. Besides, Falkner would be on guard for Hypnosis now that it had been revealed, in addition Watchman’s wing was broken, perhaps beyond repair so I had no choice but to send him back. Thinking furiously I realised that I had to make the choice I had been wanting to avoid all along, I would need to turn this into a Sky vs Ground battle. With this in mind I sent out Inferno, my strongest pokemon although I was still unsure that Cyndaquil could deal with it. I made the choice and threw the ball, Cyndaquil appeared at my side, it looked strong, very strong, but would it be enough to take down a Pidgeotto?

Cliffhanger cause im an evil gentleman.

Nah just kidding im just tired and will post something tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)