Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some training in Oreburgh Mine. Caught a male Geodude, named him Chronos. Martin the Zubat died to a Machop after it used Focus Energy and critted him 3 times in a row *cough*bshax*cough*.

Took down Roark with Bonaparte (now a Prinplup) without breaking a sweat. Kick ass.

Caught a Zubat in Oreburgh Gate and named him Timothy. Hopefully he will live longer than Martin.

BAMFed my way to Floraoma and caught a female Buizel in Valley Windworks and nicknamed her Polly.

Took down all the Grunts in the area and reached Mars. Took her Zubat down with Bonaparte and sent out Christine (Staravia) against Purugly. After Intimidate and 3 Growls I decided it was time to send out Timothy to use Pluck to get rid of her Sitrus Berry. Dies to a crit the moment I send him out. Good night sweet prince, may the angels of heaven sing thee to thy rest.

After that traumatic experience (I really wanted that Crobat....), I travelled along Route 205 and caught a Pachirisu and named him Collin. Pachirisu? Well, I haven't used it yet, so....

Entered Eterna Forest just to catch a Pokemon there. Met a Buneary and a Budew and decided to go for Budew. (Is there a rule about wild double battles in Nuzlocke challenges?) Named the male Budew Boris. Da.

Travelled back to Floraoma Meadow to check my Honey Tree and found a male Wurmple. Named him Ronald and went on with the adventure.

On the way back to the forest, Polly died to a Machop (SECOND time that happens. If another team-member dies to a Machop I'm gonna flip.).

ANOTHER death occurred shortly after. Collin is now trolling in heaven.....

When I exited the forest I caught another Pachirisu and named him Sander. Apparently this was a part of Route 205.....I'm going to treat it as another area since even the game itself does this.

Killed my first Pokemon accidentally, sorry Ponyta! Caught a Meditite in Mt. Coronet and named him Kai. Another Pokemon that I don't want as a male....oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Just took down all the Gym-Trainers and I'm right in front of Gardenia.

Current Team:
Sander (Pachirisu) (M)
Lvl 16
Serious
Run Away

- Spark
- Bide
- Quick Attack
- Charm

Pachirisu as a species have really grown on me. With moves such as Discharge, Super Fang and Charm it can really troll the opponent and I'm looking forward to using Sander more.

Chronos (Geodude) (M)
Lvl 17
Serious
Rock Head

- Magnitude
- Defense Curl
- Rock Throw
- Rock Polish

Solid member on my team. No more, no less.

Boris (Budew) (M)
Lvl 17
Quiet
Natural Cure

- Mega Drain
- Hidden Power (It was neutral to both Wurmple and Budew, so....)
- Bullet Seed
- Stun Spore

Why, why, why, why, why!? Why did it have to be male!? Sorry, it's just my little pet-peeve that Pokemon like Lopunny, Roselia or Vaporeon should always be female. ALWAYS.

Oh well, it's an ok member on my team, albeit a bit weak as of now. Gonna try raising it's happiness by riding the bike up and down town.

Ronald (Beautifly) (M)
Lvl 17
Hardy
Swarm

- Tackle
- String Shot
- Poison Sting
- Stun Spore

(Insert rant about it being male here)

Seriously though, it's kinda useful this early in the game. I think I'm gonna ditch it soon, though....

Christine (Staravia) (F)
Lvl 18
Bashful
Intimidate

- Double Team
- Growl
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

She is my second MVP and a good one at that.

Bonaparte (Prinplup) (M)
Lvl 18
Quirky
Torrent

- Metal Claw
- Rock Tomb
- Bubble
- Peck

My definite MVP. C'est la vie.

Boxed:
Wanda (Starly) (F)

Calm.

Steve (Geodude) (M)

Timid.

Hayate (Machop) (M)

Bold.

Dora (Bidoof) (F)

Bidoof.

Kai (Meditite) (M)

I don't have enough room on my team.

....and it's male.

Dead:
Martin (Zubat) (M)
Lvl 7

Bshax :'(

Timothy (Zubat) (M)

Bshax D'X

Collin (Pachirisu) (M)

......I honestly don't remember.....I'm horrible.

Polly (Buizel) (F)

Polly, no! :O

Rules:
- 3 Nuzlocke rules. (Catch first Pokemon on route, nickname, 0HP = dead)

- I'm allowed to skip Pokemon if I already have caught another one, but if I choose to catch a Pokemon of the same species, I must decide so before I attack it. Example:
"Wild Zubat appeared!"
"I want to catch that exact Zubat!"
Normal Nuzlocke rules apply afterwards.

Ouch. Losing a starter is never easy, I feel your pain... Though you do realise you could nab something in the wetlands of Icirrus City too, right? Palpitoad, Stunfisk and stuff.
That will be in the next part :D and I don't think I'll use one of them though..

And my Fraxure and Lumière really need to survive for Ghetsis. It was my stragety in my normal playthrough too: burn Bouffalant and then use 3 DD with Haxorous and win ^^

Its time for my finale on Platnium the Final Chapter.
PS Never doing Platnium run EVER again.
Chapter 13 Sinnoh Saga Comes to a close.
Ok i lied not the Hoenn but its the next best thing, me beating the crap out of legendaries so lets get to it.
First stop Lake Verity to Defeat Mesprit
Mesprit Part 1
Lake Verity. 3 Days ago.
I wandered in there not knowing that the pokemon i was out to defeat had appeared behind me and ran away but not before i got a GPS location to keep track of it. But i had failed to defeat the first legendary........oh well next stop Lake Valor
Azelf
Lake Valor.2 days ago.
I surfed out there at double time and got to the entrance of the cave just in time to find Azelf leaving so i sent out Evil to defeat it.
Legendary Battle One. Evil Vs Azelf.
"Night Slash, so we can finish this quickly" I say casually to Evil, knowing that if we win Azelf dies.
Zing. One 1 time more to go. Next Stop Lake Acurity.
Uxie
Lake Acurity. Yesterday.
I stand on the beach as Uxie appears before me to challenge me.
Legendary Battle Two. Evil Vs Uxie.
"Night Slash" and bam, bom, bam. Uxie suffers the same fate as Azelf.
2 down more to go.

Mesprit Part 2
Route 215.12 hours ago.
Mesprit is panting, hoping it had lost me when we clashed at Lake Verity. But it was wrong, i appeared before and it was thinking "shit i thought i lost him".
Legendary Battle 3. Evil Vs Mesprit.
"Night Slash before it escapes or we will never find it" I shout at Evil. Evil then cuts it in half making Me 3, Legends 0.
Next Stop Full Moon Island.

Cressia
Full Moon Island. 11 hours ago.
Ah, Full Moon Island home of Cressia my next target. I walk in there and find Cressia napping in a pool of crescent shape water. "Hey there i am here to kill you, do you mind?" i ask. It wakes up and runs away. "Why do they always run when i say i am here to kill them".
Route 211. 10 Hours ago.
Cressia runs right into me and tries to run away but as always my trusty Weavile is there to stop any legendarys from running away.
Legendary Battle 4. Evil Vs Cressia.
Sigh "Night Slash" and thats 4 to nile.

Heatran
Stark Mountain. 7 Hours ago.
I walk in confident that my source said that Heatran was in here. But what do i find instead Team Galatic.
"I thought i got rid of you jerks after your boss ran off crying" I shout tauntly at them.
"Shout up cant you tell that we miss him"Shouts Mars.
Boss Battle Mars Vs Larry.
Round 1. Elec Vs Bronzong.
'Fire Punchs and Gryo Balls were being exchanged and there seemed to be no end to this battle till elect caught it off its gaurd and bam down went Bronzong.
Round 2. Purugly Vs Chopper
"Go Purugly" Shouts Mars. "Go Chopper use Dynamic Punch" I say casually since i have long lost my respect for Team Plasma when they killed Psi.
Bam OHKO.
Round 3. Evil Vs Golbat.
"Ice Punch" Bam Boom Bam, it was over before see knew what hit her.

"Mars you pathetic fool i will deal with him" Says Jupiter.
Boss Battle Jupiter Vs Larry.
Round 1. Bronzong Vs Tort.
"Crunch" "Reflect". Tort crashes against the shield which damages her gaint steel bell a bit but not enough."Fine if brute force isnt enough,
Tort use Frenzy Plant" I shout. "Shit wasnt expecting that" Says Jupiter. Yeah thats right i took advantage of Torts enhanced Sp Att and got Frenzy Plant.
Bam Boom Bang, and round 1 was mine.
Round 2. Geo Vs Golbat.
"Rock Slide" i shout, HAX IT MISSED. "Wing Attack", DOUBLE HAX 1HKO!!!!!!!!!!.
Round 2 Part 2. Evil Vs Golbat.
Pain rushed though me when i realised yet another member of my orginal team went down to Team Plasma. First Psi, then Doof(my fault used him as death fodder) and now Geo, "Go Evil, avenge Geo with the all your power into one Ice Punch". Hah my turn to get a 1HKO, suck on that ****.
Round 3. Scarlett (Skarmory) Vs Skuntank.
Hah i had the advantage 5 Vs 1 and Steel Vs Poison, so when i ordered a steel wing to try for a 1HKO, but it looked like it was going to take 3 or 4 hits.
Then came the Flamethrower which threw me off gaurd and all i could do was hope she survived. She didnt.
Round 3 Part 2. Volcanoe(Camerupt) Vs Skuntank.
"***** how dare you kill my last flier eat EQ" I shouted at her.
I finished both Boss Battles with only 2 Casualties, both important members of the team. Right after i got Geo out of the Box to replace Ryan.
And right after i was going to prove to the world that Sassy Skarmory arent crap. They both died before i could unlock their full poitental by Team Plasma.
Now i have to chase Charon and make sure he doesnt get the Magma Stone.
In Heatrans Cavern.
After me, Looker, some Police Officers and some weird fire headed guy caught and Captured Charon(yeah thats right i am skipping it).
Legndary Battle. Heatran Vs Ryan the 2nd.(Thats right i caught a new Rhyhorn and its Adamant baby, ADAMANT!!!!!!!!).
This is going to be the thoughest Legendary battle because my stongest, Evil, cannot battle against a Steel/Fire combo. "So lets EQ the shti out of you then" I say.
Boom, the first legendary not to be OHKO'ed by my attacks. Boooooomm!!!! Thats a shit **** powerful Lava Plume but i manage to 2HKO it for a 5-0.
Zapdos.
Route 201. 5 Hours ago.
I run into Zapdos 3 times here but i am just going to make it one battle.
Legendary Battle. Zapdos Vs Evil.
"Ice Punch, then Night Slash and then Finish up with Aerial Ace".
3HKO.

Moltres
Route 202. 4 Hours ago.
I also run inro Moltres 3 times so it is still one battle.
Legendary Battle. Moltres Vs Evil.
"Night Slash, Night Slash and then finish it up with Aerial Ace"
Another 3HKO.

Articuno
Route 203. 3 Hours ago.
This time i only run into it 2 times so its a 2 battle= 1 battle.
Legendary Batttle.Articuno Vs Evil.
"Night Slash and Night Slash" I say casually as the last of the minor legends go down.
The score is now Me 8, legends 0.
Now all that remains are the main legends. Dialga and Palkia.

Dialga
Spear Pillar. 1 Hour ago.
"
Dialga show yourself you coward, i have your orb if you want it came get it" I shout across the mounatin top. When a huge rumble appears and i am blown back by a feirce wind and then out of no where cames a portal with Dialga in it.
Legend Battle. Dialga Vs Chopper.
"Now since i cant take many risks against this thing its Dynamic Punch time. Instanst confusion oh yeah baby. Now finish it with EQ" I shout at Chopper.
Bam Boom Bam it is taken down but chopper has been crippled so he can not fight Palkia.

Palkia
Spear Pillar. Now.
After i defeated Dialga it disappeared and so did its portal but before i could call out to Palkia, the same feirce wind came and another portal appeared with Palkia in it.
Final Legend Battle. Tort Vs Palkia.
"Go Tort" I shout "Use Seed Bomb" and watch as Palkia is bombarded by seeds. Then notice it a barley hurt it i am said "SHIT!!, i am in big trouble". "Ok then use Crunch" Near Orange health. Tort in red. One move left then Tort dies. "Frenzy Plant" i command him, fearing it will be the last command i give him. BOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! When the dust cleared i found Tort still alive and Palkia gone. i had won.10-0. Now to the Hoenn Reigon at last for the Second Seasn. Sapphire Nuzlocke Maxie Stlye.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beginning
Battle for the Balance Badge
Triple Gym leaders!
Rise of Team Plasma
8th Badge: Battle of Dragons
Elite Four: Part 1
Elite Four: Part 2
Battle VS N: Part 1
Battle VS N: Part 2

Full of the thrill of victory I was able to let out a smile for the first time. Despite the odds, I had beaten the league as well as N without suffering the loss of a single friend, a feat to be proud of for sure. Thanks to my friends, people would not have to live, separated from pokemon. I was still celebrating inside until I saw Ghetsis stalking towards N and I. “YOU” he screamed, and I took a step backwards. Clearly this old champ was a mite pissed off that I had ruined his perfect plan. I expected to be screamed at but instead Ghetsis turned his fury towards N berating him for his loss. Being ignored was quite alright with me and I turned and was ready to walk away before Ghetsis suddenly lashed out grapping my hand and preventing a quick exit. “And you” he began before a cry of outrage was heard behind me as Cheren and Alder appeared in the doorway. Ghetsis frowned, before letting me go and taking his place on the small raised platform. I turned to leave again, this creep was scaring the crap out of me. Sure, I had destroyed his precious plan but I did not think for one second he was going to say “Its all o.k you guys beat me well done”. No, I figured he was out for revenge and I was not hanging around to find out, Cheren was a big boy, he could handle it. I was just about to leave the room when Ghetsis shouted out, “So you don’t want to hear why your pokemon die do you?”
I froze. I had always suspected Ghetsis knew the reason why my pokemon were dying and now here was proof. If I left now, I would likely never hear it again. Slowly, I walked back and stood in front of Ghetsis. “Well?” I asked.
Ghetsis took a long time to begin and when he did began talking about his vision, his great plan that I had ruined.

“When I was a young man,” he began, “I had the dream of being the strongest trainer in the world. I was strong but I could never beat the league, the Champion would always crush me, and I would start all over again. I was furious, frustrated, and yet I could not find a way to win, and then, I hit on the obvious answer, I would be the best when everyone else lacked pokemon of there own!” I gave a small yawn, after all hearing Ghetsis playing the ‘poor me’ card was not playing at all on my heartstrings.
Ghetsis saw, I think , because he launched into his story again. “So”, he said, “I had to get trainers to release there pokemon, the only authority in the land, currently, was the Pokemon League. “After much testing and planning I discovered a small virus, which I later code named the ‘Nuzlocke’ virus. I tested it by injecting it into Alders starter pokemon after yet another loss.” At this Alder gave a snarl and charged forward, Cheren trying his hardest to retrain him. “That was YOU?” Alder cried, “I have mourned my friend for years because of this!” Ghetsis gave a smirk. “Of course it was me, the strain worked, however you still did not worder the league to inform trainers that pokemon needed oto be released instead choosing exile. However, the strain did hae some problems in that the pokemon died so it clearly needed refining, after all I did not want all pokemon to die. I needed another vector, and eventually I found that if a Trainer gets hit by the virus, he won’t die but the pokemon will.” This time it was N and Cheren who had to restrain me. “I was a test subject?” I cried out while Cheren struggled to hold me back.
Ghetsis gave a shrug, “You were hardly a test subject, you were the final piece of the puzzle to make this plan work”.
I froze up, I have never knew that I was central to Ghetsis’s plan. Aware he had my attention went on, “When I found N, the boy destined to be a hero and force trainers to release there pokemon he had vivid dreams about a girl who would challenge him at this spot, in a battle between legends. Naturally, I was concerned as I had no wish to for my plan to fail. However, unlike N here, I could not manipulate you from afar, in the end it was simple, I injected you with the strain when you were a child and then sat back and waited. I knew, that losing pokemon would cause you pain and suffering, so much so that you would lose all hope. Just when all hope would be lost N would be there, he would be the source of your determination and you would fight on, not for your own success but this time with the same goal as N’s, releasing pokemon to prevent further death.”

I though back on Ghetsis’s words and realised he was right, I had wanted to stop the death and separating pokemon from there trainers had seemed the right thing to do back then.

Ghetsis still continued to talk, “However, you all don’t understand the best part! The best part was that if the future that N saw occurred, it would be a win/win situation for me because your goals were the same. I could not lose”. Then his gaze darkened and I realised we were getting to the bit where he was unhappy with me. “However you, after suffering much hardship, declined N’s offer to join him, you persisted with the stupid belief that pokemon and there trainers could work together causing me undue amounts of fury. Still though, you were on the path of the hero and that meant Zekrom would appear which meant the plan was still the same, if at any stage Zekrom died, it would be clear that N was the true hero, even if you had defeated him it would not matter because a true champion would not be so careless as to let a legendary pokemon die. But then you stupid child you ruined everything, you captured Zekrom but you did not use him and you still won destroying everything I had worked for.”

After Ghetsis’s speech I was starting to feel more and more uncomfortable. It was clear Ghetsis wanted revenge but with my pokemon hurt and tired, and myself already being mentally exhausted I just wanted to go home. Ghetsis charged toward me, “And so, I will destroy you here, My plan can still succeed if I eliminate you here and now, prepare yourself, for utter destruction!”

Ghetsis drew a pokeball and I felt sudden despair, I was in no condition to fight, when suddenly N threw a glass canister at me which exploded on contact. Pure blue energy, like my namesake, cascade around me and I knew that my pokemon had been revitalised. It did more than that though, I felt confident, my friends and I had been through a lot. And now, this final battle would decide our fates.

Ghetsis launched a pokeball into the air and a Cofagrigus appeared. I knew of the ghost type but still hardly cared, Thorns appeared at my side and I knew that he would be a key member of the team here today. Moving quickly Cofagrigus slammed Thorns with a powerful Shadow Ball which Thorns was able to shrug off without any trouble. In return a powerful Toxic was dished out and Ghetsis gave a curse. In anger he launched another shadow ball however Thorns was ready, after all we had done this before many times. A small shield coated Thorns and the attack was quickly absorbed. Ghetsis snarled in frustration before attacking with a third Shadow Ball. The attack soars towards Thorns before a flash of red light envelops it and Sobek stands in its place, shrugging off the attack. I have a grin, Thorns was a very useful pokemon and I had no intention of letting it continue to take hits hence letting Sobek take down this ghost type. The Poison is taking a heavy toll on Cofagrigus and I use it to my advantage by attacking quickly with a powerful Crunch attack while Ghetsis aims a Toxic. Both attacks collide however Cofagrigus gives a sudden jolt and collapse, the poison damage too much for it.

Ghetsis gave a shrug and sent out Bisharp as his next while I countered with Bacon. Attacking quickly, Bacon charges forward with a Brick Break while Bisharp counters with a powerful X Scissor. The attacks connect and cancel each other out. Trying to get around Bisharps defense I order a Heat Crash. The ball of flame appears around Bacon before it charges toward Bisharp. Ghetsis waits confidently until Bacon also collides before ordering a Stone Edge. Bisharp’s Fist smashs into Bacon stopping all momentum and sending him crashing back. I let out a groan of frustration, Despite me having a clear type advantage Bisharp was holding its own which was very annoying. Realising I had to try something unexpected I ordered another Brick Break as expected Bisharp readies an X-Scissor when suddenly I switch attacks, and Fire ripples around Bacon, blasting through the X Scissor and causing Bisharp to fall back in pain. Gritting my teeth I try the same attack calling for a Brick Break while Ghetsis was forced to counter with another X Scissor. Again I switch attacks at the last minite this time going with a Flame Charge. The attack smashs through Bisharps guard and… hits a ball of energy which had materialised out of nowhere. “Metal Burst” Ghetsis commands and the ball of energy shoots out slamming into Bacon causing massive damage. Bacon struggled to its feet. Before blasting flame in every direction as Blaze activated. Ghetsis gave a frown of annoyance before bacon was attacking again, charging with yet another Heat Crash. Ghetsis gave a shrug before ordering a Stone Edge. The two pokemon were barely an arms leangth away before I cried the order, Bacon gave a slight shimmy using the speed boost from Flame Charge to dodge the attack before slamming its blaze boosted attack into Bisharps Chest. This time, Bisharp was out for the count.

Ghetsis appeared unconcerned that he had already lost 2 pokemon. He sent out Seismitoed and I countered with Thorns. With a massive weakness to grass I knew that Thorns could prevail. Seimictoed launched an Earthquake, shock waves covering the area and Thorns was spent spinning backwards. Seeking to regain control I ordered a Gyro Ball. Thorns spun in the opposite direction using the Earthquake to boost its speed and power sling-shotting around the ripples of energy and scoring a direct hit. Seismictoed, teetered backwards trying to reassert itself however Thorns gave it no chance, from close range delivering a Power Whip and sealing a knock out blow.

“Three down three to go” I called, seeking to undermine Ghetsis’s confidence. However, Ghetsis ignored me, sending out the powerful Eelektross. Not at all tempted to stay in I called out Cell my strongest special attacker. Ghetsis gave a small Smile before ordering an Acrobat. Eelektross spun in the air before slicing down on Cell doing big damage. Cell however, is made of strong stuff and blasted off a Psychic from close range. Due to Eelektross being so close the Psychic attack caused it to shudder and I knew that a second Psychic would cause more damage. Ghetsis’s smile widened as He gave the order for a powerful Crunch, “No!” I managed to shout as the powerful jaws of the electric pokemon crunched down on Cell before it flung Cell away. Cell was still alive though, just. At my command powerful waves of psychic energy appeared. They blasted toward Eelektross critically wounding it. Combined with the weakness to special defense in the turn Eelektross has no chance surviving an attack from that as it was lifted up and then dashed onto the ground in a heap.

This time, Ghetsis showed real emotion for the first time in this match at Cells survival. He had clearly thought that Cell should have died and yet here Cell stood, not exactly health but still alive. I recalled it to its pokeball letting it take a much needed rest.

Jade was sent out this time and it faced off against Bouffalant. Full of rage Ghetsis ordered a Wild Charge sure that it would crush Jade and net him a casualty. Bouffalant charged and connected with the powerful attack sending Jade crashing backwards. Ghetsis gave a cry of victory certain that with Reckless Jade had no chance surviving the attack. However, showing exceptional endurance Jade struggled back up having survived the powerful attack thanks to Study. Ghetsis looked on in shock as Jade hit back with a powerful Waterfall. Determined that this time he would kill a friend he attacked again with a second Wild Charge only to give a howl of frustration as a flash of light appeared as I called back jade and sent out Thorns in its place. The electric attack failed to dent Thorns at all and the combined recoil, Iron thorns and Rocky Helmet did massive damage to the wild bull. Ghetsis, throwing caution to the winds attacked again this time with the buls signature and most powerful attack, Head Charge. The Bull lowered its head and smashed into Thorns the shock wave from the powerful hit picking up Thorns and smashing him into the wall. Thorns had taken massive damage but was still standing. Bouffalant however, had slumped to the ground the residual damage having done far too much to it.

“Its over Ghetsis” I called. “You have lost all 5 over your pokemon while I yet to lose one. Give up now”. At this Ghetsis gave a grin. “You truly wish for me to give up now in my moment of triumph? It is all over for you!”. He threw a ball and a powerful dragon rose up behind him, a powerful Hydreigon soared in front of me, ready to crush the life out of my team. Ghetsis smirked as he saw my face
“An that my dear, is just what I am talking about, the expression of utter loss of hope, the realisation of total annihilation being carried out on you and your pokemon, the pure horror at being faced with death and being unable to stop it, that is what pleases me most of all.”

Supressing my hatred at Ghetsis’s comment I could not fault it as I stared at the pokemon in front of me, I felt utter despair and knew without a doubt, that my friends and I had met their match. The death of friends, were certain.

I had been outplayed, with a team now weak and crippled I had nothing to stop a Dragon with as much power as Cell while having more speed that Sobek. Well, I had one card left to play. I threw the ball which had been at my belt since this battle started. One of my most trusted friends Tempest stood at my side. We had had some tough times but together now, was our hardest challenge yet. Upon seeing Tempest Ghetsis gave a cry of mirth. “You think that pathetic pokemon can take down my legend, Hydreigon crush its heart with Focus Blast!”. “Tempest look out!” I called as a ball of powerful energy blasted toward Tempest. However Tempest was too slow and could not get away as the blast smashed into it crushing it into the ground leaving a massive crater in the ground. “Hahahaha Its over” Ghetis cried. I fell to my knees, Tempest, the pokemon I had been friends with for so long, was gone crushed to pieces.

Exultant Ghetsis gave a sudden command, “Now Azure, prepare yourself to face my dragons wrath yourself, Hydriegon ATTACK!” A second ball of energy formed in all threee of Hydriegons mouths. However I was too overcome to care about the danger. “Azure!” N cried running towards me before a sudden scraping sound caused as all to freeze. Me in my kneeing position, N turning to run toward me, and Ghetsis in mid laugh. As one we all looked to the crater to see my brave Tempest struggling out of the crater. It looked like death, hammered past endurance. Yet it cared about me enough to come to my protection. Tempest locked eyes with the dragon before leaping upwards as it had done so often in training with me. Its kick lashed out, drilling into the dragons centre head sending it reeling backwards in pain. As one both pokemon crashed to the ground. “Tempest you did it” I cried, full of joy before a Roar made me freeze again. Somehow, Hydreigon too had survived that powerful hit and it stood tall ready to smite Tempest from the earth. “Impossible” I muttered. I had given it my all and still it survived. In sheer desperation I ordered a Brick Break, one final attack which would never land. Tempest charged, Hydriegon prepared to fire a Focus Blast one last time. All eyes were on the two pokemon however Hydreigon, the faster pokemon began to attack first… and something gleamed around Tempests neck. The Brightpowder I had given Tempest as a god luck charm now activated dazzling Hydriegon for a second. It reared backwards before firing however, in that brief second it had reared back, it had given Tempest slightly more room than before. The blast of energy soared toward Tempest who quickly leaped over it and punching the mighty dragon with all the energy it could muster. With a groan of agony, the Dragon fell, that one last hit dealing the finishing blow as Tempest, still standing collapsed in exhaustion worn out from the titanic battle. It was finally over.

Thorns (Ferrothorn)
Lv 50
Impish
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Protect

Thorns was a true champion. Taking hit after hit like a pro and striking back with Gyro Balls or Power Whips. Even the most powerful physical attacks in the game failed to OHKO him even after he took prior damage and he has been a master at getting me out of tight spots. For examples of this look no further than his effort soloing Haxorus without taking any damage, or in the final 2 battles after the E4 where he soloed 2 members of Ns team while eliminating 2 members of Ghetsis's team and weakening a third. Toxic and Protect also gave him the ability to take down any walls I might have had trouble with. What a pro.

Cell (Reuniclus)
Lv 50
Serious
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Cell has come a long way since being a Lv 18 Solosis and weaker than anything in my party. Here psychic attacks were a huge help against Marshal and she even helped out against Caitlin. While never directly sweeping a team (except in the case of Marshal) Cell has always been my go to pokemon whenever I just need something dead. Helping take down powerhouses such as Druddigon, Vanilliuxe and Eelektross it a testiment to its bulk and power which was just what my team needed. Cell was a good friend on my journey and it was a good friend.

Tempest (Scrafty)
Lv 51
Hasty
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Payback

Tempest the undisputed hero of my Nuzlocke it has proven time and time again it can go head to head with anything and come out on top. Soloing a Fraxture, taking down Grimsley, and then proving its bulk, power and its determination to never fucking die, against Reshrim and Hydriegon. Tempest was put under pressure time and time again every time emerging victorious after taking down whatever was threatening me at the time. Without Tempest there is a high chance this Nuzlocke might not have been as successful as it was and as such deserves the team title of Hero.

Bacon (Emboar)
Lv 51
Bashful
-Brick Break
-Heat Crash
-Flame Charge
-Return

Bacon was with me right from the start. Its undergone changes to be sure but its never given up in striving to be the best. Towards the very end of my challenge it really picked itself up going toe to toe with foes such as Zoroark and striking back hard. Like Tempest, it refused to roll over and die taking hit after hit while smashing through teams after Blaze activated. Being with me from start to finish just shows how tough my pig warrior is and I owe him a lot of thanks especially in the early game which allowed me to get to where I was today.

Jade (Carracosta)
Lv 49
Serious
-Shell Smash
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Dig

Jade was rather temperamental but still very solid. He failed to really threaten anyone in the E4 but then again, he was an excellent supporter helping weaken Reshrim and Bouffalant for my other members to take down. He also was exceptionally useful in crushing Skyla and helping take down Clay when my other team members were unsuited for the task. A study (no pun intended) pokemon through and through he kept up with the team till the very end.

Sobek (Krookodile)
Lv 49
Relaxed
-Foul Play
-Crunch
-Dig
-Strength

Oh the irony. Sobek was captured at roughly the same time as Tempest, meant to be the powerhouse while Tempest would be the back up. However the postitions were quickly reversed as Tempest would quite often to the heavy lifting and then Sobek would come in later to clean up. Despite the unforeseen circumstances Sobek did prove to be very useful. It managed to take down Elesa by itself and destroyed Caitlin with almost no trouble. It also proved it had bulk enough to survive a Hyper Beam at -2 Special Defence so I guess it inherited a bit of Tempests gritty determination. Sobek was basically a member who could rip teams apart if given half a chance (as proven with Caitlin) and did end up becoming a crucial member of the team.

King Tut the Yanmask
Vine the Pansage
Ruby the Purrloin
Toxic the Trubbish
Jess the Miccino
Shroom the Foongus
Soar the Ducklett
Rose the Petilil

Mach the Drilbur (lv 14)
Nip the Patrat (Lv 6)
Olive the Pidove (Lv 12)
Jolt the Zebstrika (Lv 28)

NUZLOCKE OVER

(btw if anyone cares the entire update from the E4 to here is almost 9000 words whoo!)

Heatran
I walk in confident that my source said that Heatran was in here. But what do i find instead Team Plasma.
"I thought i got rid of you jerks after your boss ran off crying" I shout tauntly at them.

It's team galactic XD

Full of the thrill of victory I was able to let out a smile for the first time. Despite the odds, I had beaten the league as well as N without suffering the loss of a single friend, a feat to be proud of for sure. Thanks to my friends, people would not have to live, separated from pokemon. I was still celebrating inside until I saw Ghetsis stalking towards N and I. “YOU” he screamed, and I took a step backwards. Clearly this old champ was a mite pissed off that I had ruined his perfect plan. I expected to be screamed at but instead Ghetsis turned his fury towards N berating him for his loss. Being ignored was quite alright with me and I turned and was ready to walk away before Ghetsis suddenly lashed out grapping my hand and preventing a quick exit. “And you” he began before a cry of outrage was heard behind me as Cheren and Alder appeared in the doorway. Ghetsis frowned, before letting me go and taking his place on the small raised platform. I turned to leave again, this creep was scaring the crap out of me. Sure, I had destroyed his precious plan but I did not think for one second he was going to say “Its all o.k you guys beat me well done”. No, I figured he was out for revenge and I was not hanging around to find out, Cheren was a big boy, he could handle it. I was just about to leave the room when Ghetsis shouted out, “So you don’t want to hear why your pokemon die do you?”
I froze. I had always suspected Ghetsis knew the reason why my pokemon were dying and now here was proof. If I left now, I would likely never hear it again. Slowly, I walked back and stood in front of Ghetsis. “Well?” I asked.
Ghetsis took a long time to begin and when he did began talking about his vision, his great plan that I had ruined.

“When I was a young man,” he began, “I had the dream of being the strongest trainer in the world. I was strong but I could never beat the league, the Champion would always crush me, and I would start all over again. I was furious, frustrated, and yet I could not find a way to win, and then, I hit on the obvious answer, I would be the best when everyone else lacked pokemon of there own!” I gave a small yawn, after all hearing Ghetsis playing the ‘poor me’ card was not playing at all on my heartstrings.
Ghetsis saw, I think , because he launched into his story again. “So”, he said, “I had to get trainers to release there pokemon, the only authority in the land, currently, was the Pokemon League. “After much testing and planning I discovered a small virus, which I later code named the ‘Nuzlocke’ virus. I tested it by injecting it into Alders starter pokemon after yet another loss.” At this Alder gave a snarl and charged forward, Cheren trying his hardest to retrain him. “That was YOU?” Alder cried, “I have mourned my friend for years because of this!” Ghetsis gave a smirk. “Of course it was me, the strain worked, however you still did not worder the league to inform trainers that pokemon needed oto be released instead choosing exile. However, the strain did hae some problems in that the pokemon died so it clearly needed refining, after all I did not want all pokemon to die. I needed another vector, and eventually I found that if a Trainer gets hit by the virus, he won’t die but the pokemon will.” This time it was N and Cheren who had to restrain me. “I was a test subject?” I cried out while Cheren struggled to hold me back.
Ghetsis gave a shrug, “You were hardly a test subject, you were the final piece of the puzzle to make this plan work”.
I froze up, I have never knew that I was central to Ghetsis’s plan. Aware he had my attention went on, “When I found N, the boy destined to be a hero and force trainers to release there pokemon he had vivid dreams about a girl who would challenge him at this spot, in a battle between legends. Naturally, I was concerned as I had no wish to for my plan to fail. However, unlike N here, I could not manipulate you from afar, in the end it was simple, I injected you with the strain when you were a child and then sat back and waited. I knew, that losing pokemon would cause you pain and suffering, so much so that you would lose all hope. Just when all hope would be lost N would be there, he would be the source of your determination and you would fight on, not for your own success but this time with the same goal as N’s, releasing pokemon to prevent further death.”

I though back on Ghetsis’s words and realised he was right, I had wanted to stop the death and separating pokemon from there trainers had seemed the right thing to do back then.

Ghetsis still continued to talk, “However, you all don’t understand the best part! The best part was that if the future that N saw occurred, it would be a win/win situation for me because your goals were the same. I could not lose”. Then his gaze darkened and I realised we were getting to the bit where he was unhappy with me. “However you, after suffering much hardship, declined N’s offer to join him, you persisted with the stupid belief that pokemon and there trainers could work together causing me undue amounts of fury. Still though, you were on the path of the hero and that meant Zekrom would appear which meant the plan was still the same, if at any stage Zekrom died, it would be clear that N was the true hero, even if you had defeated him it would not matter because a true champion would not be so careless as to let a legendary pokemon die. But then you stupid child you ruined everything, you captured Zekrom but you did not use him and you still won destroying everything I had worked for.”

After Ghetsis’s speech I was starting to feel more and more uncomfortable. It was clear Ghetsis wanted revenge but with my pokemon hurt and tired, and myself already being mentally exhausted I just wanted to go home. Ghetsis charged toward me, “And so, I will destroy you here, My plan can still succeed if I eliminate you here and now, prepare yourself, for utter destruction!”

Ghetsis drew a pokeball and I felt sudden despair, I was in no condition to fight, when suddenly N threw a glass canister at me which exploded on contact. Pure blue energy, like my namesake, cascade around me and I knew that my pokemon had been revitalised. It did more than that though, I felt confident, my friends and I had been through a lot. And now, this final battle would decide our fates.

Ghetsis launched a pokeball into the air and a Cofagrigus appeared. I knew of the ghost type but still hardly cared, Thorns appeared at my side and I knew that he would be a key member of the team here today. Moving quickly Cofagrigus slammed Thorns with a powerful Shadow Ball which Thorns was able to shrug off without any trouble. In return a powerful Toxic was dished out and Ghetsis gave a curse. In anger he launched another shadow ball however Thorns was ready, after all we had done this before many times. A small shield coated Thorns and the attack was quickly absorbed. Ghetsis snarled in frustration before attacking with a third Shadow Ball. The attack soars towards Thorns before a flash of red light envelops it and Sobek stands in its place, shrugging off the attack. I have a grin, Thorns was a very useful pokemon and I had no intention of letting it continue to take hits hence letting Sobek take down this ghost type. The Poison is taking a heavy toll on Cofagrigus and I use it to my advantage by attacking quickly with a powerful Crunch attack while Ghetsis aims a Toxic. Both attacks collide however Cofagrigus gives a sudden jolt and collapse, the poison damage too much for it.

Ghetsis gave a shrug and sent out Bisharp as his next while I countered with Bacon. Attacking quickly, Bacon charges forward with a Brick Break while Bisharp counters with a powerful X Scissor. The attacks connect and cancel each other out. Trying to get around Bisharps defense I order a Heat Crash. The ball of flame appears around Bacon before it charges toward Bisharp. Ghetsis waits confidently until Bacon also collides before ordering a Stone Edge. Bisharp’s Fist smashs into Bacon stopping all momentum and sending him crashing back. I let out a groan of frustration, Despite me having a clear type advantage Bisharp was holding its own which was very annoying. Realising I had to try something unexpected I ordered another Brick Break as expected Bisharp readies an X-Scissor when suddenly I switch attacks, and Fire ripples around Bacon, blasting through the X Scissor and causing Bisharp to fall back in pain. Gritting my teeth I try the same attack calling for a Brick Break while Ghetsis was forced to counter with another X Scissor. Again I switch attacks at the last minite this time going with a Flame Charge. The attack smashs through Bisharps guard and… hits a ball of energy which had materialised out of nowhere. “Metal Burst” Ghetsis commands and the ball of energy shoots out slamming into Bacon causing massive damage. Bacon struggled to its feet. Before blasting flame in every direction as Blaze activated. Ghetsis gave a frown of annoyance before bacon was attacking again, charging with yet another Heat Crash. Ghetsis gave a shrug before ordering a Stone Edge. The two pokemon were barely an arms leangth away before I cried the order, Bacon gave a slight shimmy using the speed boost from Flame Charge to dodge the attack before slamming its blaze boosted attack into Bisharps Chest. This time, Bisharp was out for the count.

Ghetsis appeared unconcerned that he had already lost 2 pokemon. He sent out Seismitoed and I countered with Thorns. With a massive weakness to grass I knew that Thorns could prevail. Seimictoed launched an Earthquake, shock waves covering the area and Thorns was spent spinning backwards. Seeking to regain control I ordered a Gyro Ball. Thorns spun in the opposite direction using the Earthquake to boost its speed and power sling-shotting around the ripples of energy and scoring a direct hit. Seismictoed, teetered backwards trying to reassert itself however Thorns gave it no chance, from close range delivering a Power Whip and sealing a knock out blow.

“Three down three to go” I called, seeking to undermine Ghetsis’s confidence. However, Ghetsis ignored me, sending out the powerful Eelektross. Not at all tempted to stay in I called out Cell my strongest special attacker. Ghetsis gave a small Smile before ordering an Acrobat. Eelektross spun in the air before slicing down on Cell doing big damage. Cell however, is made of strong stuff and blasted off a Psychic from close range. Due to Eelektross being so close the Psychic attack caused it to shudder and I knew that a second Psychic would cause more damage. Ghetsis’s smile widened as He gave the order for a powerful Crunch, “No!” I managed to shout as the powerful jaws of the electric pokemon crunched down on Cell before it flung Cell away. Cell was still alive though, just. At my command powerful waves of psychic energy appeared. They blasted toward Eelektross critically wounding it. Combined with the weakness to special defense in the turn Eelektross has no chance surviving an attack from that as it was lifted up and then dashed onto the ground in a heap.

This time, Ghetsis showed real emotion for the first time in this match at Cells survival. He had clearly thought that Cell should have died and yet here Cell stood, not exactly health but still alive. I recalled it to its pokeball letting it take a much needed rest.

Jade was sent out this time and it faced off against Bouffalant. Full of rage Ghetsis ordered a Wild Charge sure that it would crush Jade and net him a casualty. Bouffalant charged and connected with the powerful attack sending Jade crashing backwards. Ghetsis gave a cry of victory certain that with Reckless Jade had no chance surviving the attack. However, showing exceptional endurance Jade struggled back up having survived the powerful attack thanks to Study. Ghetsis looked on in shock as Jade hit back with a powerful Waterfall. Determined that this time he would kill a friend he attacked again with a second Wild Charge only to give a howl of frustration as a flash of light appeared as I called back jade and sent out Thorns in its place. The electric attack failed to dent Thorns at all and the combined recoil, Iron thorns and Rocky Helmet did massive damage to the wild bull. Ghetsis, throwing caution to the winds attacked again this time with the buls signature and most powerful attack, Head Charge. The Bull lowered its head and smashed into Thorns the shock wave from the powerful hit picking up Thorns and smashing him into the wall. Thorns had taken massive damage but was still standing. Bouffalant however, had slumped to the ground the residual damage having done far too much to it.

“Its over Ghetsis” I called. “You have lost all 5 over your pokemon while I yet to lose one. Give up now”. At this Ghetsis gave a grin. “You truly wish for me to give up now in my moment of triumph? It is all over for you!”. He threw a ball and a powerful dragon rose up behind him, a powerful Hydreigon soared in front of me, ready to crush the life out of my team. Ghetsis smirked as he saw my face
“An that my dear, is just what I am talking about, the expression of utter loss of hope, the realisation of total annihilation being carried out on you and your pokemon, the pure horror at being faced with death and being unable to stop it, that is what pleases me most of all.”

Supressing my hatred at Ghetsis’s comment I could not fault it as I stared at the pokemon in front of me, I felt utter despair and knew without a doubt, that my friends and I had met their match. The death of friends, were certain.

I had been outplayed, with a team now weak and crippled I had nothing to stop a Dragon with as much power as Cell while having more speed that Sobek. Well, I had one card left to play. I threw the ball which had been at my belt since this battle started. One of my most trusted friends Tempest stood at my side. We had had some tough times but together now, was our hardest challenge yet. Upon seeing Tempest Ghetsis gave a cry of mirth. “You think that pathetic pokemon can take down my legend, Hydreigon crush its heart with Focus Blast!”. “Tempest look out!” I called as a ball of powerful energy blasted toward Tempest. However Tempest was too slow and could not get away as the blast smashed into it crushing it into the ground leaving a massive crater in the ground. “Hahahaha Its over” Ghetis cried. I fell to my knees, Tempest, the pokemon I had been friends with for so long, was gone crushed to pieces.

Exultant Ghetsis gave a sudden command, “Now Azure, prepare yourself to face my dragons wrath yourself, Hydriegon ATTACK!” A second ball of energy formed in all threee of Hydriegons mouths. However I was too overcome to care about the danger. “Azure!” N cried running towards me before a sudden scraping sound caused as all to freeze. Me in my kneeing position, N turning to run toward me, and Ghetsis in mid laugh. As one we all looked to the crater to see my brave Tempest struggling out of the crater. It looked like death, hammered past endurance. Yet it cared about me enough to come to my protection. Tempest locked eyes with the dragon before leaping upwards as it had done so often in training with me. Its kick lashed out, drilling into the dragons centre head sending it reeling backwards in pain. As one both pokemon crashed to the ground. “Tempest you did it” I cried, full of joy before a Roar made me freeze again. Somehow, Hydreigon too had survived that powerful hit and it stood tall ready to smite Tempest from the earth. “Impossible” I muttered. I had given it my all and still it survived. In sheer desperation I ordered a Brick Break, one final attack which would never land. Tempest charged, Hydriegon prepared to fire a Focus Blast one last time. All eyes were on the two pokemon however Hydreigon, the faster pokemon began to attack first… and something gleamed around Tempests neck. The Brightpowder I had given Tempest as a god luck charm now activated dazzling Hydriegon for a second. It reared backwards before firing however, in that brief second it had reared back, it had given Tempest slightly more room than before. The blast of energy soared toward Tempest who quickly leaped over it and punching the mighty dragon with all the energy it could muster. With a groan of agony, the Dragon fell, that one last hit dealing the finishing blow as Tempest, still standing collapsed in exhaustion worn out from the titanic battle. It was finally over.

Thorns (Ferrothorn)
Lv 50
Impish
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic
-Protect

Thorns was a true champion. Taking hit after hit like a pro and striking back with Gyro Balls or Power Whips. Even the most powerful physical attacks in the game failed to OHKO him even after he took prior damage and he has been a master at getting me out of tight spots. For examples of this look no further than his effort soloing Haxorus without taking any damage, or in the final 2 battles after the E4 where he soloed 2 members of Ns team while eliminating 2 members of Ghetsis's team and weakening a third. Toxic and Protect also gave him the ability to take down any walls I might have had trouble with. What a pro.

Cell (Reuniclus)
Lv 50
Serious
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Recover

Cell has come a long way since being a Lv 18 Solosis and weaker than anything in my party. Here psychic attacks were a huge help against Marshal and she even helped out against Caitlin. While never directly sweeping a team (except in the case of Marshal) Cell has always been my go to pokemon whenever I just need something dead. Helping take down powerhouses such as Druddigon, Vanilliuxe and Eelektross it a testiment to its bulk and power which was just what my team needed. Cell was a good friend on my journey and it was a good friend.

Tempest (Scrafty)
Lv 51
Hasty
-Hi Jump Kick
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Payback

Tempest the undisputed hero of my Nuzlocke it has proven time and time again it can go head to head with anything and come out on top. Soloing a Fraxture, taking down Grimsley, and then proving its bulk, power and its determination to never fucking die, against Reshrim and Hydriegon. Tempest was put under pressure time and time again every time emerging victorious after taking down whatever was threatening me at the time. Without Tempest there is a high chance this Nuzlocke might not have been as successful as it was and as such deserves the team title of Hero.

Bacon (Emboar)
Lv 51
Bashful
-Brick Break
-Heat Crash
-Flame Charge
-Return

Bacon was with me right from the start. Its undergone changes to be sure but its never given up in striving to be the best. Towards the very end of my challenge it really picked itself up going toe to toe with foes such as Zoroark and striking back hard. Like Tempest, it refused to roll over and die taking hit after hit while smashing through teams after Blaze activated. Being with me from start to finish just shows how tough my pig warrior is and I owe him a lot of thanks especially in the early game which allowed me to get to where I was today.

Jade (Carracosta)
Lv 49
Serious
-Shell Smash
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Dig

Jade was rather temperamental but still very solid. He failed to really threaten anyone in the E4 but then again, he was an excellent supporter helping weaken Reshrim and Bouffalant for my other members to take down. He also was exceptionally useful in crushing Skyla and helping take down Clay when my other team members were unsuited for the task. A study (no pun intended) pokemon through and through he kept up with the team till the very end.

Sobek (Krookodile)
Lv 49
Relaxed
-Foul Play
-Crunch
-Dig
-Strength

Oh the irony. Sobek was captured at roughly the same time as Tempest, meant to be the powerhouse while Tempest would be the back up. However the postitions were quickly reversed as Tempest would quite often to the heavy lifting and then Sobek would come in later to clean up. Despite the unforeseen circumstances Sobek did prove to be very useful. It managed to take down Elesa by itself and destroyed Caitlin with almost no trouble. It also proved it had bulk enough to survive a Hyper Beam at -2 Special Defence so I guess it inherited a bit of Tempests gritty determination. Sobek was basically a member who could rip teams apart if given half a chance (as proven with Caitlin) and did end up becoming a crucial member of the team.

King Tut the Yanmask
Vine the Pansage
Ruby the Purrloin
Toxic the Trubbish
Jess the Miccino
Shroom the Foongus
Soar the Ducklett
Rose the Petilil

Mach the Drilbur (lv 14)
Nip the Patrat (Lv 6)
Olive the Pidove (Lv 12)
Jolt the Zebstrika (Lv 28)

NUZLOCKE OVER

(btw if anyone cares the entire update from the E4 to here is almost 9000 words whoo!)
WOW. Nice finish! Good job in clearing the Nuzlocke! My stragety for Ghetsis will be more like setup sweepin (eheh), but still. It was a really good Nuzlocke to read and I had fun reading it. And the Nuzlocke virus idea was perfect!

Nice Nuzlocke!

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha thanks its always nice to know people enjoyed my writing! I am actually continuing onwards (might as well be a perfectionist) before I try and start a third White Nuzlocke. Hopefully I can crack that Nuzlocke hoodoo I have of never winning a Nuzlocke with a water starter

haha thanks its always nice to know people enjoyed my writing! I am actually continuing onwards (might as well be a perfectionist) before I try and start a third White Nuzlocke. Hopefully I can crack that Nuzlocke hoodoo I have of never winning a Nuzlocke with a water starter
Ok. Good luck with that! I just finished the battle with Iris, so the update will come in and hour or 2.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update during Pinwheel forest.
Previously, we stopped short of Gym 1. Well, Porky raped the dog and Bananas raped the monkey. Yeah real difficult. Captured a Blitzle on Route 3 who died shortly after beating Team Plasma and a Roggenrola in Well Spring Cave who dies weakening Lenora's Herdier. Captured a Tympole in Pinwheel Forest Entrance and began to minor grind in preperation for Lenora. Bananas was boxed at this time. Against Lenora, Tympole lead to get a weakening hit on Herdier before switching to my own Herdier. With the assistance on some hax ad a Super Potion, Lenora almost killed Lancaster but the stronger dog prevailed, albeit quite weakened. So it came down to the final matchup, Porky the Pignite vs Watchog. Watchog started by leading with a boosted Retaliate nearly killing Porky while Porky returned with a Flame Charge to boost its speed (oddly enough its still really fast even with Quiet). Fearing that Watchog would still outspeed, I healed POrky only to watch in horror as she critted with Retaliate. OUt of healing items and with no options left Porky dashed forward and struck with a bulls-eye accurate Arm Thrust, critting Watchog the first time and finishing it with the second hit. Team Plasma decided to be bitches so I am now in pursuit of Team Plasma and the dragon skull with the Sewaddle I caught in Pinwheel Forest Forest.

For those wondering about what I consider an are, I have the Walkthrough guide so anything that is listed as a distinct area is counted as such (weather distinctions not counted).

Team:
Sewaddle lv 18, Rash, Swarm
Razor Leaf, Bug Bite, Tackle, String Shot (lol)

Herdier lv 19, Hardy, Sand Rush
Take Down, Leer, Work Up, Bite

Porky (Pignite) lv 21, Quiet, Blaze
Flame Charge, Arm Thrust (lol), Ember, Tackle

Tympole lv 21, Jolly, Hydration
Bubblebeam, Round, Aqua Ring, Mud Shot

first time back in the nuzlocke thread in a while. I stopped writing when the stark mountain one got closed down, and didn't realize there was a new one till just now. Anyway, i recently failed my pearl run (losing in the final battle to cynthia) and am now playing HeartGold.

weather or not i write this one up i haven't decided yet, haha.

Oh, and awesome job finishing black ginganinja, really interesting read too

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lovin' the updates, guys! I will update with something not nearly half as good!
DetroitLolcat's Firered Nuzlocke Challenge!
Part Three: First Encounter
Lolcat walks silently from Pewter Gym with first Badge in tow headed for the Pokemon Center. His Town Map notified him that the next destination was Mt. Moon and that it could take a solid day. Lolcat realized that if he couldn't cross the mountain today, he should at least enter Route 3 and pick up a fourth member for the team.

On the way out, Lolcat spies a Scientist in the distance. Knowing that they usually pack Electric types, Lolcat fears that he could lose a team member to the man if he wants to battle. The man locks eyes with Lolcat and begins to speak:

"Oh, Lolcat. I'm Professor Oak's Aide." Lolcat breaths a sigh of relief. "I came here to deliver a package to you from your mother. It better be worth it, as I was stung by a Weedle in Viridian Forest to get here!"

Lolcat opens the package and sees a sleek, comfortable pair of Running Shoes. The instructions involved pressing some B button but Lolcat couldn't decipher what that meant. It was much easier to run with the shoes, so Lolcat ran into Route 3 feeling better than ever. Numerous Trainers plagued Route 3, meaning that Lolcat would have to battle cautiously if he wanted to preserve his entire team. The first Trainer was a Lass who sent out a Pidgey to match Butterfree. Though the Pidgey landed a super-effective Gust, it still fell to a combination of two Confusions. The Lass's second Pokemon was another Pidgey who fell to two Water Guns from Squirtle.

Lolcat heals the hurt butterfly and proceeds to battle the second Trainer on Route 3, a Bug Catcher from Viridian Forest. His Caterpies and Weedles could not match the mighty force of a 50 BP Confusion and all were swiftly 1-2 hit KOed. Lolcat decided that Spearow could use a little experience, so he sent out the tiny bird to battle the third Trainer, a Youngster with a Rattata. Spearow and Squirtle made short work of the rat, as Lolcat didn't want to risk a critical from Quick Attack. Spearow was able to exact his revenge on the next Trainer, a wimpy Bug Catcher. The fifth Trainer or Route 3 possessed a Rattata, which Lolcat met with Butterfree. Butterfree gave it a one-two Confusion punch and did the same for the girl's femae Nidoran. Squirtle defeated the final Trainer, a Bug Catcher.

After defeating that rather boring group of Trainers, Lolcat continues down the long Route until he spies a large field of tall grass where a potential fourth member of Lolcat's army awaits. Lolcat searches the grass top to bottom, but the only wild Pokemon that pops out is a Pidgey. Since there is already a Pidgey waiting in Lolcat's Box as a backup, the decision was made to have this Pidgey join it. Lolcat captures the Pidgey only to store it in the box.

On the way to the Pokemon Center in Pewter, Lolcat decides to take a shortcut but finds himself in eye contact with a Trainer. The Trainer decides that something must be wrong with Lolcat because he is not wearing shorts, and Lolcat comes to the conclusion that this child must be mentally handicapped. Though Lolcat doesn't like harming the retarded, he decided not to give a damn and send Spearow out to mercilessly annihilate the boy.

Lolcat continues down the trail, noticing that the terrain gradually transforms from a green, grassy field into a rocky, rugged mountain base. "Mt. Moon must be nearby", thought Lolcat. After walking for about another ten minutes, Lolcat spies a lone Pokemon Center next to the opening of a cave. Plastered on the front window of the Pokemon Center was a sign that read: "Mt. Moon Base Lodge. Climbers welcome to stay as long as necessary to prepare for crossing mountain. Beware- Numerous Wild Pokemon located in mountain!"

Deciding that it was late, Lolcat checks in for the night. He plans to summit the mountain the following day. "I wonder where Blue is? Is he on the other side of the mountain? Or did I already pass him?", thought Lolcat as he drifted off into peaceful slumber...

Or maybe that slumber was less than peaceful. As he slept in the Lodge's small, cozy room, Lolcat's peaceful sleep was interrupted by a not-so-peaceful dream. A deep, commanding voice could be heard in Lolcat's head: Lolcat. Stop this madness. You were never supposed to train Pokemon. You were never supposed to enter Trainer's School, and you definitely were not destined to even dream of earning a Gym Badge...Please, Lolcat, give up this insane Pokemon League challenge before you injure yourself...or worse, your Pokemon.

Lolcat wakes up at an early 7:00 AM, hoping to reach Cerulean City on the other side of the mountain by nightfall. The dream he had last night was peculiar, but Lolcat simply dismissed it as being shocked at winning his first Gym Badge. Lolcat picks up a copy of the Cerulean Times at the Pokemon Center, and the front page was a headline that read: "Team Rocket attacks Cerulean City for Fourth Consecutive Day". "Hmm...Team Rocket", thought Lolcat, "I hope they'll be gone by the time I reach Cerulean City. And if Blue's already there, there could be a problem! I have to get to Cerulean City STAT!"

Inside the cave, Lolcat realized that Mt. Moon could be the source of Lolcat's fourth teammate. However, since it's almost guaranteed that the Pokemon will be a Zubat anyway Lolcat doesn't really get his hopes up. Ten seconds of walking proves this notion, and a Zubat immediately joins the two Pidgey in the Box. The team reenters the cave, seeing that the path splits into two directions: one to the west, and one to the east. Lolcat arbitrarily decides to walk on the western path, picking up a TM09 in the process. The TM contains Bullet Seed, a completely useless Grass move with about as much power as Bubble. Continuing through the dimly lit cave, Lolcat is found by a Bug Catcher who declares: "suspicious men are in the cave! I can't take any chances! Go, Weedle!"

Apparently this boy believes that he can defend himself with a Weedle and Kakuna. However, Spearow's Peck quickly convinces the boy the error of his ways. Usually after defeating a common Trainer Lolcat would just take the prize money and leave, but this Bug Catcher seemed to know something. Lolcat initiates the conversation.

"So, what do you mean by 'suspicious men'?"

The Bug Catcher replies, "A few hours ago some weird looking men wandered into the cave muttering about criminal activity. I'm positive that the men are from Team Rocket, the thugs that are attacking Cerulean."

Lolcat thanks the boy and runs off, doing his best to avoid any black-cloaked hoodlums. However, the path that Lolcat took simply led to a dead-end, so Lolcat turned back and ran down the eastern path. One Trainer with a Clefairy battled Lolcat, but she was quickly stomped by Squirtle. On the path, a Zubat ambushed the team and Lolcat sent out Squirtle to combat the bat. After three Water Guns, the bat fell, but Squirtle stood motionless, unable to return to the Pokeball.

"Uh...master", eked Squirtle..."I'm feeling a little funny...", Squritle announced, glowing white. Squirtle collapsed, sprawled out on the cave floor. His glowing white form began to expand, his color starting to return a darker blue. When Squirtle returned to his feet, he was a solid foot taller and screamed "WARTORTLE!" Squirtle had evolved, and then reentered the Pokeball.

The path led eastward, but took a sharp turn forwards until Lolcat spied a manhole with a long, metal ladder leading underground. Lolcat descended down the ladder into the nearly pitch-black "basement" of the mountain. The lower level was much smaller than the upper and was much easier to navigate. Spearow made short work of the Paras that dwelt within. After a few minutes of walking Lolcat discovered a second ladder leading upwards to the main floor.

After climbing those stairs, Lolcat blinks a few times to readjust to the better-lit surroundings and steps forwards from behind a rock. Immediately, he hears a commanding voice from a black-garbed man.

"You! You have fallen into the trap of Team Rocket, THE Pokemon gangsters! Now, surrender your Pokemon!" The Rocket member summoned a Sandshrew to attack Lolcat, but Lolcat challenged him to a 3-on-3 fight. The grunt accepted and Lolcat sent forth his Spearow. The Spearow started off the duel with a Fury Attack, connecting five times before Sandshrew steels himself with a Defense Curl. However, the Fury Attack did enough damage for Spearow to clean it up with two Pecks. The grunt then unleashed a Rattata who struck with a Quick Attack to harm Spearow, who retaliated with a two-hit Fury Attack. Though Spearow could probably survive another Quick Attack, Lolcat recalled the bird and sent out Butterfree in case of a critical hit. The butterfly shrugged off a Tackle and a Quick Attack and smote the rat with a Confusion. The Grunt finished off the fight with the obligatory Zubat which was demolished by Confusion. Lolcat won the battle.

"Drat! You wait, red man! There are more Rockets in the cave than just me, and they'll avenge me!" announced the Rocket. Lolcat discovered that the room contained a Star Piece, but the cave terminated in a dead end. There was nothing to do but backtrack to the cave center, detouring to the Pokemon Center to heal the wounded Spearow.

This time Lolcat passed by the descending ladder and reached a sandy pit in the middle of the cave. The eastward path ended and branched into a north-facing path and a south-facing path. Guessing, Lolcat chooses to walk down the southern path. On the way down, Lolcat passed by a Super Nerd with a frightening Pokemon, Magnemite. Lolcat was about to make the rational switch but realized every Pokemon on his team was Electric-weak. The Magnemite fires off a Metal Sound against Wartortle, and Lolcat meets the frightening reality that this battle will almost definitely cost Lolcat a pokemon. Lolcat retreats to Butterfree who meets a second Metal Sound. Planning to sacrifice the butterfly, Lolcat orders a Confusion which connects but then the mini Magnet fires off a Thundershock. Butterfree's HP quickly depletes to zero nine.

Astounded, Lolcat realizes that all hope is not lost on this fight. Unless he gets criticaled, Wartortle will be able to take two Thundershocks. Switching to Wartortle and expecting to take an Electric shock, Watrtortle only gets Tackled and finishes the Magnet off with a one-two Water Gun punch. The Nerd sends out a Voltorb but it swiftly meets a watery grave. Lolcat heals once more and returns to the cave. The next Trainer that dared stand in Lolcat's path was a Bug Catcher. I'm not even describing this battle because it is a Bug Catcher. Caterpies and Metapods do not deserve DetroitLolcat's descriptive powers.

The path U-Turned to the north, and Lolcat stepped through the brown, murky path to meet up with the original northern path. The path widens and Lolcat spies a Lass in the distance. Unfortunately, the battle is just another mundane, repetitive battle that serves little purpose to the chapter's plot. Just think of a Spearow Pecking some Grass-types to death. Lolcat passes another manhole but decides not to take the path as last time, it only led to a gangster-infested dead end, instead choosing to battle a Youngster. The Youngster, however, had an interesting comment to share with Lolcat after battle:

"I came all the way down here to show off to girls". Yeah, man, you show off those Level 10 Rattatas. Those rats really are a Quick Attack to a woman's heart. What a moron.

Lolcat sees a second manhole by a dead end in the cave, so the way out had to be either through that manhole or the one that Lolcat passed a few minutes ago. Deciding to explore every area of the cave, he chose to take the first ladder down to the basement floor. After dropping down, the path moved a few yards to the side and presented a second ladder to the ground floor. The room was a dead end occupied by a lone Rocket. Hoping to grill the criminal after defeating him, Lolcat challenges the crook to a battle. The obligatory Zubat was swiftly killed, but then the grunt sent out an Ekans to match Spearow. Spearow led off with a Fury Attack and Ekans used Wrap. Spearow continued attacking furiously but was met with a Poison Sting from the little snake. As we all know, Poison Sting might be the most dreaded move in the game (next to Explosion) in a Nuzlocke, and we all know why. With no Antidotes allowed, Lolcat was at the mercy of the RNG not to poison the bird, but alas, Spearow was NOT POISONED. One last Peck finished the thief off.

Now that the thief was at Lolcat's mercy, Lolcat demanded to hear why the criminal team was invading the mountain.

The crook spoke, "Uh...our boss sent about five of us Grunts to get some Fossils. Fossils are kind of profitable these days and Team Rocket wants a cut of the profit, you know? And with so many people moving from Pewter to Cerulean we thought we'd pull off a few Pokemon too! Please, man, don't kill me! Here, I'll give you this TM if you let me liiiiive!", the man bawled. Lolcat accepted the TM and proceeded towards the ladder.

Back on the ground floor, Lolcat could know with certainty that the correct path to Cerulean City was through the final manhole, so Lolcat quickly ran to the dark descent. The underground floor was similar to the other areas, just a straight path that hooked to the right. However, once the trail hit a dead end there was one striking difference. The ladder at the end led further underground. There would be no problem with that normally; however, there would be virtually no light two stories underground. Since that was the only way to Cerulean City, the pitch-black path had to be taken.

Lolcat says a quick prayer asking for safe passage though the cave and his prayer was answered, as the bottom of the cave was lit artificially with electronic lights interspersed throughout the bottom. The trail, fortunately, did not split at the bottom but did spiral around the mountain's perimeter, meaning that any Rocket Grunts could not be avoided. Noticing his first adversary, a black-cloaked criminal, Lolcat sent out a Butterfree to take on the Rocket. This Grunt was a cut above the rest as his Rattata knew Hyper Fang, but Butterfree's new tactic Sleep Powder was to much for the weak rat to handle.

The murky trail continued to circle the cave's perimeter, but no Rocket grunts were stationed nearby. Lolcat trainer Butterfree a little against the cave-dwelling Pokemon knowing that a Rocket leader could be nearby. After running around the entire cave, Lolcat spied one lone Rocket Grunt standing between two wide, rocky pillars. The Rocket had to be defeated if Lolcat wanted to progress. The Rocket blabbed on about discovering Fossils for profit and then attacked Lolcat with a Rattata. Wartortle made short work of the Grunt's Pokemon.

The path looped around in a semicircle and Lolcat saw a metal ladder in the distance that would be his ticket out of the dungeon. However, that escape ladder was guarded by a Rocket Scientist determined to stop Lolcat from proceeding out of the cave. The Scientist challenged Lolcat to a duel: three Pokemon each. Lolcat summoned Wartortle and the mad scientist sent out a Grimer. Lolcat called for a Water Gun to strike the sludge heap and the Grimer retaliated at the Scientist's command. The deafening roar of two words from the Scientist made Lolcat's heart drop.

"Grimer, use Poison Gas!. The toxic wave slowly arched around the cave and centered on the turtle and Lolcat gave the order to dodge. Wartortle jumps over the toxic cloud but his jump wasn't good enough. He landed directly in the middle of the toxic cloud and fell from poison. Knowing that his health would drop if left in battle, Lolcat decided to send in a weakened Butterfree to take the upcoming Pound. Left with a low ten Hit Points, Butterfree finished off the accursed Grimer with a Confusion. The second Pokemon released was a Voltorb. Since low-leveled Voltorb rarely possessed Electric moves, Lolcat felt confident that Butterfree could finish off the smug ball with two Confusions. Those suspicions proved correct. The Scientist clicked his last Pokeball, this time containing this site's mascot, a Koffing. Butterfree launched a Confusion attack to finish this round before it started.

Though the battle was over, the war had just begun. Wartortle was poisoned with just above thirty HP and Lolcat was only in the middle of Mt. Moon. Lolcat encapsulated Wartortle in it's Pokeball and began a mad dash to Cerulean Pokemon Center with Spearow and Butterfree flying and cheering for Wartortle. Lolcat detected teh cave's entrance and stepped into the bright daylight of Route Four. There was no time to admire the beautiful day because a certain turtle and his thirty-two Hit Points needed to meet up with a Nurse in Cerulean.

Lolcat dashes eastward to the city. He passes by a sign directing him to the town.

Two Karate experts greeted Lolcat, offering to teach him the art of Mega Punch and Mega Kick, but Lolcat politely declined without missing a step.
27 Lolcat bounds down a ledge, his eyes fixated on Cerulean City's skyline.

A small field of tall grass was seen by Lolcat, but more importantly, so was the entrance to Cerulean City.

The long, dusty path to Cerulean felt like it was miles long, and with every step Wartortle's will to live grew weaker and the sinking feeling that this journey was in vain grew stronger.

As the screen flashed and Wartortle weakened, Lolcat finally saw the gate to Cerulean and the Pokemon Center located in the middle of town. However, it had been a long time since Wartortle had been poisoned, and Lolcat knew that it would be a long process before Wartortle would be healthy again. Thrusting the Pokemon Center doors aside, Lolcat rushes right up to the Nurse, throwing Wartortle's Pokeball at her and screaming,

"Save my Pokemon, dammit!" The Nurse quickly detected the severe poisoning and began injecting Wartortle with hundreds of cc's of Antidote. The Nurse responded to Lolcat,

"I see that Wartortle has been poisoned for a while now...You know, I'm not a miracle worker and medical science has only come so far. However, Mr. Lolcat, your Wartortle is...

Going to make a full recovery. It was smart getting the Pokemon here in time, if you had come even a half hour later Wartortle would most likely have perished from the poisoning. Good luck, Mr. Lolcat, we hope to see you again."

The weight of the world had been lifted from Lolcat's shoulders. Now that Wartortle had made a full recovery, Lolcat was free to explore Cerulean City. The city was standard fare, it had a Mart, Gym, Pokemon Center, and exits to the north, south, east, and west. Lolcat remembered passing past Route 4 when rescuing Wartortle and decides to pick up another Pokemon there. However, the only Pokemon that presented itself before Lolcat was a duplicate Spearow which was stored in the Box with the other backups. With only one exit undiscovered, Lolcat decided to proceed to the north across the Bridge on Route 25. However, before Lolcat could step on the Bridge he heard a familiar voice from in front of him:

"Yo! Lolcat! You still back here with much better Pokemon than I have? I already got Cerulean's Badge because I nailed Misty! That broad is so corrupt, I don't think she's actually had a battle in years! You like how I get all my sentences punctuated with an exclamation point! Even the questions! It makes me seem more sophisticated! BAAAAAAATLE!"

Blue tosses out a Pokeball containing a Pidgeotto which Lolcat counters with Spearow. Though Pidgeotto would probably win this bout one-on-one Spearow's job was simply to weaken the bigger bird before Wartortle comes in for the clean-up. However, Blue's Operation Sand-Attack Hax succeeded in badly weakening the turtle. Blue launches out a second Ball, this time containing a Bulbasaur which is oddly unevolved despite the level requirement being met. Spearow begins to Peck the leafy dinosaur but the dino responds with a Sleep Powder to incapacitate the bird. Sensing that Spearow's loss is imminent, Lolcat retreats and goes to Butterfree to finish off Bulbasaur with Confusion. Blue became angry and sent out a Pokemon that Lolcat had never seen before: Abra. Knowing that most Psychic pokemon don't learn many good moves without artificial assistance, Lolcat feels safe to whittle the useless psychic's life down with Confusions and Tackles. The final Pokemon in Blue's repertoire was a Rattata which just couldn't stand up to two Confusions from Butterfree. The battle had been won, though the soldiers were wounded.

End of Part Three

Note: Yeah, it's a mega-long update. Don't expect the next few to be this long, this one was a real drainer to get finished. I will still be doing this Nuzlocke fairly actively, so expect the next update soon! No longer than a week, and it shouldn't take that long.

Wartortle, Level 19, Mild
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Bite
-Withdraw

Spearow, Level 16, Jolly
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Butterfree, Level 17, Hardy
-Confusion
-Tackle
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder

Two Pidgeys, a Zubat, and a Spearow. Levels 3-9.

none

Next time on DetroitLolcat's Firered Nuzlocke Challenge!

Lolcat reaches Bill's Cottage, but something's wrong...
Misty makes an appearance to challenge Lolcat for the Cascade Badge!
And will we learn more about the nefarious Team Rocket?

(3679 words!)

Part 8
Wuzzah! Part 8! This features the fastest 8th gym victory ever in my pokemon 'carreer' (all the way from pokemon Blue).

I leave the gym and went to the wetlands to catch a pokemon. I turned out to be a male Shelmet: Sheldon. Then after I bought the Tm for Blizzard, everything changed. It was Summer! The sun was shining and everyone was having fun. But unfortunately, it was raining on Route 8..... Ah well. We skip another Shelmet and beat all trainers here. Wait a minute!! Shouldn't I be doing something in Icirrus city? Yes I should! I have to go to Dragonspiral Tower! Eheh. OOPS.

So we enter. I encounter a female Mienfoo: Sandy. Then I hear rumbling as I reach the stairs. Something is going on on the top the tower! Let's move on.

We reach a really familliar puzzle, well at least for people who played Gold/Silver/Crystal. You guessed it, a legde puzzle like the one from the Ho-oh temple. This was a quick one, but it brought back memories.

Hey! That is Team Plasma! Those guys with only Krokoroks and Liepards! I beat a TON of Grunts while the rumbling is becoming louder. When I reached the top, N stood there. He had the Dragon pokemon Reshiram by his side. Ooooooo O_O. This is not good! He tells me that he will defeat Allder and become the Champion and leaves.

Cheren and Brycen enter and talk about N. Then Professor Junipuer (the male one) joins the conversation outside. Then Allder comes in, talking about a SECOND Dragon type pokemon. We need to find the Black Stone for it and it should be in Relic Castle. Sigh... Here we go!

We can go deeper this time so we do so. Then Rioku pops up. He tells me that Ghetsis wants to challenge me and see if I can beat Team Plasma. After hordes of boring Grunts, I am at the bottom and Ghetsis is there too. But first there are some things mentionable. Mr. Crok is finally a Krookodile!! And I found the TM for Shadow Ball, a nice move for Lumière.

Anyway, Ghetsis talks about N and that the Black Stone isn't in Relic Castle, after a while we leave and my watch is ringing like crazy. Prof Juniper (female) wants me to go to Nacrene City!

In Nacrene City, we discover that the useless stone in the museum is actually the Black Stone! So I take the task of beating N in the very end. Now we finally continue to Route 9

We skip another Shelmet in the Moor of Icirrus and we enter Tubeline Bridge. As I'm walking to Ghetsis, the Shadow Triad pops out and bring me the final 5 steps to Ghetsis. They say that they 'brought the one you wanted' , but I was already going that way (fail)! Ghetsis congratulates me on having the Black Stone and then leaves.

Route 9 has a lot of bikers, so this was a nice training area and we skip the mall, because I feel like it. We do catch a Pawniard called Sharpy and Lumière evolves into a Lampent.

I see Allder again and he shows me something we already have seen before. Ghetsis having a speech about liberating your pokemon. The crowd doesn't buy it and the Gym leader certainly don't buy it.

I get a City Tour from Iris, the leader and she and Drayden tell me about the legend of the 2 Dragon type pokemon.
And by the way, this city looks very old. I heard rumours (not rumours, but to stay in the story) that there was another Opelucid city that was very futuristic, but whatever. We go to the gym!

This Gym features a nice, but annoying puzzle. It makes you jump on certain spaces to move the arms of dragons, so that their heads move to the next path. The annoying part is, that if you heal at a Poké Center, you have to start over again. I didn't need to heal and started my battle with Iris.

Gym Leader: Iris. Type: Dragon
Jade vs Fraxure
It's a Fraxure battle to start. I begin with Dragon Dance (yay) while the opponent uses Assurance and it does like 30% damage. I proceed to Dragon Claw and it is an OHKO.

Jade vs Druddigon
Jade uses another Dragon Claw and it's an OHKO

Jade vs Haxorous
Jade uses yet another Dragon Claw and it's an OHKO aswell

And we PWN'ed Iris! We get the Legend Badge as reward as well as the TM for Dragon Tail! This was a nice sweep eh? See ya next time as we enter Victory Road!

Jade (Fraxure) lvl 44
Hasty Nature with Mold Breaker
- Dragon Dance
- Slash
- X-scissor
- Dragon Claw

Pete (Simipour) lvl 42
Modest Nature with Gluttony
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Acrobatics
- Surf

Triceratop (Archeops) lvl 41
Docile Nature with Defeatist
- Fly
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Shelob (Galvantula) lvl 41
Calm nature with Compoundeyes
- Agility
- Electroweb
- Signal Beam
- Thunder

Mr. Crok (Krookodile) lvl 39
Naive nature with Moxie
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Foul Play
- Crunch

Lumière (Lampent) lvl 41
Calm Nature with Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Burst
- Shadow Ball

Sharpy (Pawniard) lvl 33
Sandy (Mienfoo) lvl 33
Sheldon (Shelmet) lvl 30
Claws (Drilbur) lvl 28
Marty (Zebstrika) lvl 30
Toad (Foongus) lvl 28
Daisy (Ducklett) lvl 25
Eagle (Tranquill) lvl 21
Mowz (Minccino) lvl 19
Worm (Sewaddle) lvl 14
Steve (Tympole) lvl 13

Kobra (Serperior) lvl 36
Daddy (Herdier) lvl 28
Cleo (Yamask) lvl 22
Shuvel (Drilbur) lvl 18
Chip (Patrat) lvl 3

- catch 1 pokémon per route MAX. It must be the first I encounter
- When a pokémon faints, it's DEAD and cannot be used again
- Nickname every obtained pokemon
- Gift pokemon count as long as required in an area where no other pokemon was required (like Archen)
- In game trade: only ONCE (as the area is 'Link trade')
- My pokémon can't be lvl'ed higher than the leader's highest lvl'ed pokemon, otherwise, they can't be used in the battle
- Max lvl for E4: 52

Heatran
I walk in confident that my source said that Heatran was in here. But what do i find instead Team Plasma.

It's team galactic XD
**** thanks for telling me i have just been mixing up all the teams lately so thanks dude

A page with Lolcat, Texas, and Ginganinja updates? Wow. Anyways, congrats on the finish Ginganinja. Haven't actually played B/W yet, so it'll be a while before I start Nuzlocking that. As for my own run, its almost over with only the last two gyms and league to go before I finish my first legit FireRed Nuzlocke (the first didn't count). I should be posting a story in the thread about it starting soon, but it will be less of "tell a reliable story that represents the run," and more of "write epic fan fiction." I might due a normal Nuzlocke story instead, but... yeah, don't feel like it. Until then, congrats on yet another successful run Ginganinja.

ginganinja

Thanks Rediamond!

Anyway I know that I said I was continuing onwards but I got bored to im starting another White Nuzlocke. Probs won't have an epic plot (like explaining the Nuzlocke stuff) but ill still give descriptive updates on battles and significant events and stuff. For reference im using the Water starter in trying to achieve winning a Nuzlocke region once with each starter. Also trying to win my first Nuzlocke with a Water starter -_-

EDIT: Lost to Bianca to Crithax in the first f**king battle

EDIT 2 Lost this time to f**king Cheren due to crithax

EDIT 3 ITS ALL GOOD IM PAST THOSE FIRST TWO BATTLES

Okay, so I got an idea for a nuzlocke variant that I'd like to try out. It's supposed to be a much harder version of the challenge. The Rules:

1. my team will consist of six pokemon chosen at random from the entire pokedex, excluding the GBU banlist. If the rng selects an evolved pokemon, I must begin with the earliest member of that evolutionary line

2. no new team members will be added. I begin with the six pokemon chosen, and I am not allowed any more than that.

3. if it is KO'd, it is released. when all six pokemon have been KO'd, it's game over.

4. Items may not be used.

5. all six pokemon will be nicknamed

The team, as chosen by the RNG (nicknames etc to come later)
primeape
venusaur
khangaskhan
heatmor
metang
whirlipede

wish me luck

Congrats on finishing, ginjaninja and Maxie!!!!!!!! I wish I had the time but lately it's been all exam cram and no Pokemon. T_T

oh i might have finished platnium but it will soon be sapphire time once i finish the really long update of course...........GODDAMMNIT I DIDNT THINK THIS THOUGH!!!!!!!!

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so I got an idea for a nuzlocke variant that I'd like to try out. It's supposed to be a much harder version of the challenge. The Rules:

1. my team will consist of six pokemon chosen at random from the entire pokedex, excluding the GBU banlist. If the rng selects an evolved pokemon, I must begin with the earliest member of that evolutionary line

2. no new team members will be added. I begin with the six pokemon chosen, and I am not allowed any more than that.

3. if it is KO'd, it is released. when all six pokemon have been KO'd, it's game over.

4. Items may not be used.

5. all six pokemon will be nicknamed

The team, as chosen by the RNG (nicknames etc to come later)
primeape
venusaur
khangaskhan
heatmor
metang
whirlipede

wish me luck
This is in effet a streamlines ScrambleLocke. Be very careful in the beginning as you will be well bwhind the experience curve,

Stratos

Banned deucer.
have fun going through the whole thing with a scolipede until you reach Victory Road

or wait are you going to get the pokemon all to Lv. 5 first and then start the challenge

I was doing a nuzlocke of Black until I finished yesterday. Not that I was posting my story or anything, but then ending to this was AMAZING (in my opinion), so I'll share it with you.

My final team going into victory road was:

Samurott (Robin)(m)
Level 52
-Aqua Tail
-Revenge
-Slash
-Surf

Sawsbuck (Shauna)(f)
Level 52
-Horn Leech
-Double Edge
-Jump Kick
-Leech Seed

Darmanitan (Pandora)(f)
Level 52
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-Work Up
-Return

Stoutland (Jess)(f)
Level 52
-Strength
-Return
-Crunch
-Work Up

Cofagrigus (Cleopatra)(f)
Level 52
-Shadow Ball
-Hex
-Will-o-Wisp
-Haze

Gurdurr (Desmond)(m)
Level 52
-Hammer Arm
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up
-Payback

I didn't want to be overleveled for the Elite Four or Ghetsis, so I stopped grinding my guys at 52 since Ghetsis' highest guy is 54. Also, I had spent the last half of my nuzlocke trying to find a guy to defeat Hydreigon with. I knew it had to be either fast or specially bulky and it had to take it out in one shot because Hydreigon 2HKOs eveything.

I had a Joltik, Leavanny, and Cincinno all ready for this task, but they all died too early. My last hope was Desmond, who I had EV trained max attack, 100 in Def and Sp Def, rest in Hp. Holding the eviolite I was pretty sure he could take a hit and KO with Hammer Arm (if it didn't miss).

At this point I have all 6 guys and I enter victory road. Things go smoothly, my guys are beat up but there's that doctor that helps me out. I catch and Excadrill in Victory road and a Durant in the Trial Chamber. I leave Terakion alone.

I'm almost out of victory road when I fight some Ace Trainer. He has a Klingklang and I send out my starter Robin. I figure he's going to attack so I go for Revenge. He Automotizes instead and boosts his speed, revenge does 49.99999999999%. Since I'm slower now, I figure he will attack this turn, so revenge will be boosted and I'll kill him. He automotizes again and revenge doesn't kill. He attacks the next turn with discharge and paralyzes me, I kill it anyways though.

Now he sends out Darmanitan. I don't want to switch because nothing on my team can take 2 FB's. So I leave my Water type in and heal up to full.

DARMANITAN USED BELLY DRUM.

Uh-oh. Now I know I can't take a hit, so I leave Robin in to Surf and I hope something stupid happens. Well, he uses Taunt, so I'm saved! Nope....parahax. Next turn he flare blitzes and I die.

So I leave vicotry road with only 5 guys, all of whom are level 53 by now. I start the Elite Four.

I begin with dark. All of my opponent's pokemon die to Jump Kick or Hammer Arm from Shauna or Desmond. I move on to Ghost. I set up some Work Up's with Jess (three) and avoid getting burned by my opponents Cofagrigus. Then, I sweep.

Psychic is next, I send out Pandora against Caitlin's Reuniclus. Flare Blitz OHKOs. Next out is Gothitelle, OHKOed again. I'm level 54 by now, with 185 attack and Caitlin sends out a level 48 Musharna. I know musharna is physically bulkier than Reuniclus, but come on, my Darmanitan is 6 levels higher and had Flare Blitz boosted by sheer force. I go for it.

Musharna lives with 1 hp. Recoil puts me down to red, psychic kills Pandora. I finish off Caitlin with some Crunches, but now I have only four guys left.

Fighting type is last, but its a sweep by Desmond after 5 bulk ups.

Next up is N. I box my Pandora and take out my Fly HM slave Emily (level 23) as some death fodder if I need it. I only have five guys so when I catch Reshiram, it goes to my party AND its first out.

I feel like using Reshiram goes against the nuzlocke, but I'm not about to switch into a Fusion Bolt from Zekrom, so Reshiram fights, and dies. Zekrom is at half health and paralyzed from dragonbreath. Jess the Stoutland dies during the fight also (my longest lasting poke so far, I caught her on route 1), but I forget how, I think it was focus blast from something.

I beat N with no more casualties, but now its my 3 last guys (Desmond, Shauna, Cleopatra) levels 54, 53, and 53 respectively againt Ghetsis.

My guys are healed, but I know not to use them if they died already. Reshiram is first out again (WTF!?!?), but Ghetsis sends out Cofagrigus. Reshiram should be 'dead' so I just use slash until I die. I send out Shauna and kill Cofagrigus with a few Horn Leeches. I am hoping that Shauna can outspeed Hydreigon and KO with Jump Kick.

Ghetsis sends out Hydreigon, and outspeeds and kills Shauna with Focus Miss. Now my last chance realistically is Desmond. I have to hope Hydreigon doesn't crit me or anything like that. Desmond comes out and goes for Hammer Arm. Hydreigon attacks first with Dragon pulse. The Hp goes down, down, down, down to the red and I live with 31, it was even a crit.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ev training pays off, so does Eviolite. Gurdurr isn't as badass as Leavanny but I'll take this victory anyways.

Hammer Arm hits and OHKOs Hydreigon. Ghetsis sends out Boufallant, I swap to Cleopatra, heal up Desmond, burn Boufallant, and swap to Desmond to set up a sweep.

Desmond sweeps and I win!!

My only survivors are Desmond (now level 56) and Cleopatra (level 53).

Pokemon Black is definitely the best pokemon game I've played so far. The in-game storyline is amazing, some of the Gyms are tough (2nd one), and the routes are interesting to explore (this is the best part).

One thing I would change is that you pokemon should not be healed between fighting N and Ghetsis, just to make it that much harder.

I'm going to reset my save data and play again without a nuzlocke, and then explore the stuff you can do after the Elite Four. Thanks for reading, I hope it was at least a little interesting.

Texas Cloverleaf

No heal after N=infinite item spam

anyway I skipped the post Burgh update so next update will be tomorrowish after Elesa. Exect evolutions and a new team member (no species clause screwed me over in the desert, 3 areas, same mon).

This is my first Nuzlocke, but... let's see how it goes. It's gonna be a Platinum Nuzlocke, and my rules are...

Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead and must be BOXED in a box labeled "Dead".
I can only catch the first Pokemon in each area, and gift Pokemon count as a Pokemon in that area.
I must nickname all of my Pokemon.
I can only purchase Poke Balls, and only three in each new town.

Wish me luck.

Hmmm...this is going to be my first ever nuzlocke...

I will be using the standard, regular, normal, standard rules.

BUT! I cannot use two pokemon of the same type...

This aforementioned nuzlocke will be played on Pokemon Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)