Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I don't understand what's happened. I managed to get a decent Mewtwo with this method but when i tried twice for the event latios on HG i was first 3 frames ahead of where i should be, but i was called when i closed the pokegear so i assumed that was why. The next time everything went fine but i was 6 frames too far. Is there something extra involved in capturing the event latios on heart gold?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I'm using PikaTimer for 4th gen abuse, but every time I do, I have to add 0,5 sec to the first timer, and have an Other Delay of -14. Using standard calibrated delay and sec, 480 and 14. I think I have to edit something in there?

I don't understand what's happened. I managed to get a decent Mewtwo with this method but when i tried twice for the event latios on HG i was first 3 frames ahead of where i should be, but i was called when i closed the pokegear so i assumed that was why. The next time everything went fine but i was 6 frames too far. Is there something extra involved in capturing the event latios on heart gold?
There are NPCs that advance the frame. Make sure once you get into the game, get into the Pokegear RIGHT away. Then, once you finish advancing the frame, talk to Latios really fast to reduce NPC advancement. However, even if you get in/ out of the menu as fast as possible, the NPCs might still advance the frame since there are two of them. For example, when I RNGd my Latias, I advanced to my target frame, but I was 2 frames off (My target was 42, but I hit 44). So, I hit my seed again, and advanced to frame 40 (2 frames before 42) and I got the Latias.

Buckert: Idk what you mean, because I don't use Pikatimer, but I suggest trying Eon timer/ Zomgtimer if it's giving you problems.

I have a question regarding the pokeradar in Pearl. Can you RNG for pokeradar pokes like Togepi? In other words, if my target frame is 71 (and I hit my time and delay), can I advance the frame to that point and then hit my shaking patch?

I have a question regarding the pokeradar in Pearl. Can you RNG for pokeradar pokes like Togepi? In other words, if my target frame is 71 (and I hit my time and delay), can I advance the frame to that point and then hit my shaking patch?
Are you going for just IV's and nature? Or are you trying to do a shiny as well?

Are you going for just IV's and nature? Or are you trying to do a shiny as well?
I'm trying to go for shiny as well. I was able to get a ID/SID that generates a Shiny encounter for one of the timid flawless seeds. So I was hoping I could go from there and work with that for the pokeradar pokes like Togepi.

Just out of curiosity, I've got my flawless ditto so I'm trying to breed flawless Pokes.

I'm noticing that, despite hitting X as soon as possible to open my Pokegear and start calling Elm, I'm always hitting Frame 3 to start with, rather then Frame 1. Is this normal in HG? Also, since this +2 is pretty consistent, if my target Frame is 9, is it safe to assume that I should exit the Pokegear at Frame 7 to get the correct egg?

I'm trying to go for shiny as well. I was able to get a ID/SID that generates a Shiny encounter for one of the timid flawless seeds. So I was hoping I could go from there and work with that for the pokeradar pokes like Togepi.
The thing with Pokeradar is that you have no guarantee that the shiny patch will hold your radar pokemon on the frame you're aiming for. You also have to account for the number of patches that shake, the number of steps you're taking to get to said shaking spot and 6(5 for battling the pokemon and 1 for the monster frame).

This is why it is recommended you choose a higher frame(over 150) and start a chain of your desired radar Pokemon.

Just out of curiosity, I've got my flawless ditto so I'm trying to breed flawless Pokes.

I'm noticing that, despite hitting X as soon as possible to open my Pokegear and start calling Elm, I'm always hitting Frame 3 to start with, rather then Frame 1. Is this normal in HG? Also, since this +2 is pretty consistent, if my target Frame is 9, is it safe to assume that I should exit the Pokegear at Frame 7 to get the correct egg?
Yes it is completely normal to have a starting frame of 3, not 1 in HG. Which is highly convenient and makes it easier that DPPt by a mile.

The thing with Pokeradar is that you have no guarantee that the shiny patch will hold your radar pokemon on the frame you're aiming for. You also have to account for the number of patches that shake, the number of steps you're taking to get to said shaking spot and 6(5 for battling the pokemon and 1 for the monster frame).

This is why it is recommended you choose a higher frame(over 150) and start a chain of your desired radar Pokemon.

Yes it is completely normal to have a starting frame of 3, not 1 in HG. Which is highly convenient and makes it easier that DPPt by a mile.

Actually whenever I did Radar abuse, I did frames within the thousands. I did a shiny Mareep at the Valley Windworks at frame 7,000-ish.

You achieve a shiny patch at about the 40th chain, which can be difficult.

Best way to abuse radar is on an emulator, otherwise it will be VERY difficult to keep track of your frame.

If I'm RNGing a Sinjoh Ruins poke, where should I save?

EDIT: I keep getting different advances in Sinjoh Ruins, while I'm walking the same path. When I first called Elm 9 times to find my seed, I hit frame 20. My target is 31, so I advanced to 20 the second time around, and I hit 25. What's going on?

Awesome. (:
So is this just a starting frame difference, or can I assume that in the time it takes to exit the Pokegear and talk to the DayCare man, my frame will advance by 2?

Awesome. (:
So is this just a starting frame difference, or can I assume that in the time it takes to exit the Pokegear and talk to the DayCare man, my frame will advance by 2?
Wait, so when you get in the game and go to your pokegear to call Elm, you start on frame 3? I would just do 6 advancements and then take the egg right away (Unless the 2 frame advancements happen when you exit).

Yeah, all of my recent calls start at Frame 3. I have no idea why.
Just tested to see whether or not going out of the menu and going back in would also advance it by 2, but there's no frame advancement. Apparently I just naturally start at Frame 3.

Also, I may have missed it in bearsfan092's video but is there a way with RNG Reporter to see the gender, ability and/or nature of what the egg will produce? Trying to breed an Adamant Hexflawless Riolu with Inner Focus. Threw in my adamant Lucario w/ an Everstone and then my hexflawless ditto, but I haven't seen or heard anything as far as passing abilities/natures on for sure.

Actually whenever I did Radar abuse, I did frames within the thousands. I did a shiny Mareep at the Valley Windworks at frame 7,000-ish.

You achieve a shiny patch at about the 40th chain, which can be difficult.

Best way to abuse radar is on an emulator, otherwise it will be VERY difficult to keep track of your frame.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of work for something I could probably just breed. I might as well just manipulate my ID/SID for a certain breeding seed. That sounds simpler. Of course the problem is finding breeding fodder for the 4th Gen. Seems like most people are transferring their stuff to B/W.

Yeah, all of my recent calls start at Frame 3. I have no idea why.
Just tested to see whether or not going out of the menu and going back in would also advance it by 2, but there's no frame advancement. Apparently I just naturally start at Frame 3.

Also, I may have missed it in bearsfan092's video but is there a way with RNG Reporter to see the gender, ability and/or nature of what the egg will produce? Trying to breed an Adamant Hexflawless Riolu with Inner Focus. Threw in my adamant Lucario w/ an Everstone and then my hexflawless ditto, but I haven't seen or heard anything as far as passing abilities/natures on for sure.
Yeah, that's happens to me sometimes as well. So, all you would do is do 6 advancements to get to frame 6, and take the egg right away :D

Yep, there is. With eggs in HGSS, you need to hit two seeds. One for the nature/shinyness/gender/ability (The PID) and one for the IVs. It's different than CPs. Did you find a PID seed?

In Pokemon Emerald breeding, when is the PID created for the baby Pokemon when I'm taking it from the Day-Care man?
It's not created at that time, it's created as soon as the old man "holds" the egg.

IVs are created as soon as you press A at the sentence "take good care of it".

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work for something I could probably just breed. I might as well just manipulate my ID/SID for a certain breeding seed. That sounds simpler. Of course the problem is finding breeding fodder for the 4th Gen. Seems like most people are transferring their stuff to B/W.
You don't need to manipulate your ID/SID to get a shiny seed for breeding. Everyone can breed flawless shinies!

The first and last time I tried Poke-radar abuse was with a Togepi in Platinum. Sure, the Great Ball matches and everything, but it was a lot of work and I am not likely to do radar abuse again.

The radar abuse guide is pretty solid, I used that to figure it out. You have to calculate your advances very carefully, but even then one rogue advancement will throw you off. If you attempt it on a retail cart like I did, then good luck to you!

You don't need to manipulate your ID/SID to get a shiny seed for breeding. Everyone can breed flawless shinies!

The first and last time I tried Poke-radar abuse was with a Togepi in Platinum. Sure, the Great Ball matches and everything, but it was a lot of work and I am not likely to do radar abuse again.

The radar abuse guide is pretty solid, I used that to figure it out. You have to calculate your advances very carefully, but even then one rogue advancement will throw you off. If you attempt it on a retail cart like I did, then good luck to you!
Oh really? I suppose it wouldn't be as big of an issue since, for the most part, the Parents generate half of the IVs for breeding. When I input my current ID/SID, I wasn't having much luck finding a shiny seed with 3 perfect IVs. Of course I'm kind of going one step at a time. I'm tackling the Legendaries first. Then probably worry about the breeding aspect. I specifically abused my ID/SID for those Legendaries.

As for radar abuse, I don't plan on doing that any time soon. Sounds like you would need a very high target frame to go along with the standard chaining.

Oh really? I suppose it wouldn't be as big of an issue since, for the most part, the Parents generate half of the IVs for breeding. When I input my current ID/SID, I wasn't having much luck finding a shiny seed with 3 perfect IVs. Of course I'm kind of going one step at a time. I'm tackling the Legendaries first. Then probably worry about the breeding aspect. I specifically abused my ID/SID for those Legendaries.

As for radar abuse, I don't plan on doing that any time soon. Sounds like you would need a very high target frame to go along with the standard chaining.
When you are breeding in 4th gen, the PID seed and the IV seed are separate. So you don't use the same seeds as you would for capturing Pokemon. All you really need is a shiny PID that has the right nature, ability, and gender. If you are planning on breeding I would recommend downloading RNG Reporter 8.31; in the Time Finder there is a tab for shiny eggs. If you input your ID/SID and search for the nature, etc you want, you should be able to get plenty of results, depending on the delay range you search. You RNG abuse the IVs of an egg after you generate the egg, it's a two step process in 4th gen.

I believe my target frame for non-shiny radar abuse was ~700. It takes a few hundred frames to get a chain going. If I wasn't able to run into Togepi after a few tries using the radar, I had to start over since I would go over my target frame. If you are doing non-shiny the main thing the chain is for is to get the right species to appear when you go for your desired nature and IVs. So basically I would get a chain of maybe 3, then do the rest of my advances and then walk into the right shaking spot and hope for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)