Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but at least you can outspeed other pokes who might use priority just to outspeed. Plus, if you feel gutsy and you don't want protect, you could run ice fang, aqua jet, waterfall, and crunch.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ya but at least you can outspeed other pokes who might use priority just to outspeed. Plus, if you feel gutsy and you don't want protect, you could run ice fang, aqua jet, waterfall, and crunch.
When you actually look a little closer though, besides for a slight boost in Sharpedo's coverage, a super effective Ice Fang doesn't actually hit much harder than neutral STAB Waterfall and Crunch anyway.

I understand you like Emboar but you seriously have to give it a rest already - even the video posted doesn't exactly mean he's a top class threat since we don't even know what the heck his set was even more so his competitions own set. People have posted time and again his main competition as a fire type outclassing him or taking his niche - I would agree only Trick Room would be his niche being one of the slowest - and I think now comparing him to Darmanitan is going overboard already (other than being two tiers higher than Emboar the sheer difference in their ability - one that increases its recoil for more damage while the other increases damage without increasing recoil along with stat distribution relegating them to very different roles).

If you really want to use Emboar then use him only just be prepared to center your team around him because of his short comings. What does it matter if Emboar isn't an UU or RU threat if you can get him to work - and being uncommon - that should be enough.
Hey moron, I just said Emboar is not worth using and finally admitted it and you go on a rant about the same things I just said. Somebody is even more dense than me and Xepyhr put together.

Hey moron, I just said Emboar is not worth using and finally admitted it and you go on a rant about the same things I just said. Somebody is even more dense than me and Xepyhr put together.
And somebody really needs to calm down.

Also, the only use Ice Fang could have over Waterfall/Crunch is to hit Altaria, but I don't think that that's really enough to warrant a moveslot for it. You have 5 other pokemon, i'm sure that you could fit another ice move on one of those.

I find I can even beat Sharpedo without Ice Beam with my Gligar. I'm not usually left with much health afterward, but with Life Orb recoil and all that, they seem to usually go after just one Earthquake, and a lot seem to stay in thinking they can KO me with Waterfall.

Though the raw power of an all-physical Sharpedo certainly looks good, the mixed set is almost certainly better.

Actually, now that I think about it, has anyone ever run CB Sharpedo? A bit harder to get in than a Life Orb variant but the extra power could help it deal with its common checks.

CB Sharpedo isn't too hard to wall. Water, Dark, Ice, and Ground aren't rare attacking moves and can be countered. Also, without Protect, you might be OHKO'd before you can actually attack.

CB Sharpedo isn't too hard to wall. Water, Dark, Ice, and Ground aren't rare attacking moves and can be countered. Also, without Protect, you might be OHKO'd before you can actually attack.
Protect isn't really mandatory if you send him in on something nonthreatening or something that he naturally outspeeds.

Guys, mixed Sharpedo is the best. Surf/Ice Beam/Crunch/Protect. That is the best Sharpedo set. There is no argument. End of story. The EVs can be messed with, but that set will kill basically the entire metagame, while an all physical set or an all special set will NOT do that.

Are there any particular advantages to putting Hydro Pump over Surf that you know of?
I don't know. I use Surf for more reliability. Hydro Pump probably squeezes out an OHKO that Surf can't somewhere, but it's not notable enough for me to care.

With my Mixpedo I run Max SpA and only a little Atk. I can never decide on how much to put into speed though. >_< I will admit that it feels good to take out a Tangrowth expecting to absorb a Waterfall. ;D

Frankly I'd only use enough attack to guarantee a 2ko on Cresselia with Crunch and that's all you need. I don't know what that number of EVs is so someone else can figure it out cause I'm lazy.

I prefer to leave Cresselia to my Choice Band Rhyperior. Megahorn from that thing slaughters Cresselia. Besides, it's not wise to leave Sharpedo in against it, anyway; Thunder Wave kills your Speed Boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)