np: UU Suspect Test Round 2 - Cold As Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The best (and really, the only acceptable) ban is one where things that are broken and only the things that are broken are banned. We should ban Smeargle or Espeon if SmashPass is too broken. Look at OU: SmashPass received a lot of support for a ban but since complex bans are (for lack of a better word) stupid, the nomination was voided. Can't we do the same thing in UU? Just ban Smeargle (or Espeon, or Huntail, or Gorebyss. Personally I think it's Smeargle that's the problem but whatever). It's only BL...

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Getting rid of Espeon would be my first choice tbh. SmashPass is MUCH harder to stop when dual screens are set up and hazards/phazing don't work.

I personally think Smeargle is the more troublesome part of Baton Pass, but I also would support just banning him and possibly Espeon instead of Baton Pass or some kind of complex ban.

I think the complex ban suggestions aren't the best way to go. A simple ban of the mons that break it should suffice - namely Espeon and/or Smeargle. Baton Pass will be much, much easier to handle with one or both of them gone.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
alright server's back up some people decayed some didn't it seems (weird i know). shitty situation i know, but we have to work with what we got. let's go 48 hours from this post the round is over. if you were above it before the server crash and decayed or something take a pic of where you are post crash and send it in a special app if you can't get back over 1350

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'd love to know how the last couple of guys who posted their suspect opinions "get around" or "prepare" for wobbufett cause I haven't seen many teams where wobbufett doesn't get a kill or do something very useful. (That probably sounded condescending but I'm just curious)

So, I haven't been playing on the smogon server much (even before the crash), but I've got a ranking of 1350~ on the PO server. Would I be able to get voting rights? Or do I have to get to 1350 on the smogon server whenever it comes back up?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The UU tier on PO is completely different, so no. You need to have the rating on Smogon's server.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd love to know how the last couple of guys who posted their suspect opinions "get around" or "prepare" for wobbufett cause I haven't seen many teams where wobbufett doesn't get a kill or do something very useful. (That probably sounded condescending but I'm just curious)
All of my Pokemon 2hko the fast wobbuffets (not by design). The only time it gets a kill is if it manages to get it on choiced close combat from heracross/staraptor or if I mispredict the encore versus counter matchup. The slower ones usually do get at least a kill because it's more difficult to 2hko, especially if it's physically defensive.

Stall has a much more difficult time with wobby, I'm sure.

I dont know much about how the rating system goes and the decaying process..but could we tell how much ppl have decayed since the down server? for example, when its back on and Im at a 1250 rating when I was originally at a 1350 rating...and not just me but other people dropped 100 points since the down server..or does everyone that decay differ at an exponential rate? Like certain people that had 1400 dropped down 50 points compared to someone at 1350 who dropped down 100 points..could we use this system or would it cause alot of problems and too confusing?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
So without realizing it, I made a team of all UU pokemon and the server placed me into the UU tier. I was wondering why I kept seeing so many Azelfs about seven battles later before I finally realized why.

Let me just say that Gallade is an amazing pokemon down. Both Bulk up and Sword's dance work wonders. Bulk up works if you have a means to play around your opponent's phazing options (Gallade used Magic Coat!). Sword's Dance is obviously for more offensive teams...but I wouldn't bother running SD Gallade with Weaville and Staraptor everywhere.

Choice Band Gallade is also great.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fuck chansey it walled my +6 Swords Dance celebi, Reckless Staraptor and LO adamant Mamoswine
Yep. It can also take a +2 Adamant LO Excadrill EQ, Azumarill's Focus Punch and wall support Groudon. Something is fucked up (I'm looking at you, Chansey)

It's getting a little wearisome to see donphan or hitmontop on almost every single team. At the same time, I find myself forced to run a rapid spinner and those are undoubtedly the best.

Well, if you want a spinner (and you DO want one with shit like Victini, Yanmega, and Arcanine available), you need to use one of those two. Additionally, Donphan is the best physically defensive SR user, and Hitmontop is just so useful. Technitop checks all the frailer threats, Intimitop checks all the physical threats.

It's getting a little wearisome to see donphan or hitmontop on almost every single team. At the same time, I find myself forced to run a rapid spinner and those are undoubtedly the best.
Well, unless you want to be owned by Deonsey, you NEED an spiner, an those are hands down the best ones avaible at the time, not a lot more to say (blastoise is also there, but you're better using other bulky waters), Claydol is ok too, tricking away Chansey's or Dusclops' eviolite 8and possibly passing it to another thing) is as awesome as it gets

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just started laddering for reqs today and I'm having a ton of fun with some classing Gen 4 sets. Flare was definitely on the money a while ago when he said Roserade was basically a better Moltres. Imagine how hard Venusaur dominated Gen 4 UU and multiply that by "holy shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)