Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get the pictures of Pokemon that people use in Warstories and RMTs?

Here are some examples of the types of pictures I'm looking for.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449859
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449931

Also, do I have to cite where my pictures are from? Can I just copy and paste? Would it count as plagarizing? I don't want to plagarize.
I didn't get my question answered last time I asked, so I'd like to ask it again.

Can ditto "reproduce" with any poke at all, or only ones that can breed?

Also, is there a consistent way to get Lefties, and/or rare candies in B/W? Without hacking and whatnot

Can ditto "reproduce" with any poke at all, or only ones that can breed?

Also, is there a consistent way to get Lefties, and/or rare candies in B/W? Without hacking and whatnot
Ditto can breed with all pokemon with the exception of non-Manaphy legendaries and other Ditto. No matter what, the offspring will be of the species with which Ditto has bred. If a pokemon is not a legendary (other than Phione and Manaphy) and is not another Ditto, it can breed with Ditto even if it has no gender.

Edit: The only semi-consistent way to get leftovers and rare candies in Black and White is through the pickup ability. For rare candies, you can start finding them once your pickup-er reaches level 21, and the chance of finding them maxes at ten percent at level 41. For leftovers, you can start finding them at level 81. However, no matter what, the chance of finding one is a mere 1%. With a team of six pickup-er's this thus gives an approximately 47% chance to find rare candies and 6% chance to find leftovers (I assume you have the two free leftovers and all the free rare candies already).

Edit2: You can also buy Rare Candies in the Battle Subway for 48 Battle Points, but somehow that doesn't really seem worth it to me.

1. Is there an ETA for when the strategy pokedex will have BW pokes added, i don't really want the sets but i love the filtering it offered. Thus question 2

2. Is there a pokedex with similar filtering to smogon's strategy dex? For example, the fastest poke to learn u turn is ninjask in gen 4, and the fastest viable user of it in OU is azelf, which is a really handy tool.

If two pokemon with weather abilities, say Politoed and Tyranitar come into battle at the same time, which weather is applied?

I think there are two in-game leftovers you can obtain, one in a trashcan at Village Bridge (use Dowsing Machine), and another one if you trade a Cinccino for a Munchlax in Undella Town in the summer, the Munchlax will be holding leftovers. Other than that, yeah, if you want to get more, then yeah, I think you will need some pickup pokemon.

For Rare Candies, other than what melvni already said, you can also get a rare candy if you get up to 28 in Battle Subway (on any super train). After getting 28 streak, instead of continuing your streak or going back to Nimbasa City, there's a person at the station that will give you a rare candy if you talk to him/her. (There's also a person that gives a PP Up for 21 streak and a Lansat berry for 105 streak.) If you gather a few high level pick up pokemon though, that is the fastest way.

for the lefties its pickup, plus the two given, and for rare candies, a few are scattered around the region (roughly 4-6), you can buy them at the battle subway for 48 BP, and theres also a pokemon breeder in the stadium in whch if you beat her, she will give you a rare candy i dont know much about her, all i know is shes a breeder and she can be found in the big stadium rarely

Can these pokemon work well together in a team:

- Haxorus
- Togekiss
- Scisor
- Carracosta
- Weavile
- Typhlosion
it mainly depends on if your togekiss has any good flying/psychic moves... if not id suggest replacing either carracosta or weavile with something that can tollerate fighting moves more, like a dusclops or another bulky ghost, and you'll be better off with an infernape than a typhlosion, trust me i learned that the hard way

When those usage stats coming out.

I need to watch everyone's "are you fucking joking" responses when they see what mons fall from RU to NU. :<

Originally Posted by Fat Zombiemon
Can these pokemon work well together in a team:

- Haxorus
- Togekiss
- Scisor
- Carracosta
- Weavile
- Typhlosion

it mainly depends on if your togekiss has any good flying/psychic moves... if not id suggest replacing either carracosta or weavile with something that can tollerate fighting moves more, like a dusclops or another bulky ghost, and you'll be better off with an infernape than a typhlosion, trust me i learned that the hard way
If you had to assign roles to these members, would you agree with:

- Haxorus: Wallbreaker with either dradon dance or swords dance
- Togekiss: Special Wall/ Paraflinch
- Scisor: Party scout
- Carracosta: Physical shell smash or defensive wall
- Weavile: Starter with choice band? (Not sure on this one)
- Typhlosion: Sunny day (probably not) or choice specs

If you had to assign roles to these members, would you agree with:

- Haxorus: Wallbreaker with either dradon dance or swords dance
- Scisor: Party scout
- Carracosta: Physical shell smash or defensive wall
- Weavile: Starter with choice band? (Not sure on this one)
- Typhlosion: Sunny day (probably not) or choice specs
Ok then, il pass you my thoughts on the team,
- Haxorus: Wallbreaker with either dradon dance or swords dance yep thats a good role for a haxorus, but use DD it is, in my mind, better than SD
- Scisor: Party scout i would use something bulkier than the scizor, unless your making it bulky, in which id say your wasting your time
- Carracosta: Physical shell smash or defensive wall i prefer cloyster for that role, but its terrible SPdef makes me regret it...
- Weavile: Starter with choice band? (Not sure on this one) id use it for revenge killing dragons...
- Typhlosion: Sunny day (probably not) or choice specs replace this with an infernape or a heatran... theyre WAY better

but these are just my thoughts... do whatever you want...

EDIT: i left togekiss blank intentionally since i dont know much about them...

Ok then, il pass you my thoughts on the team,
- Haxorus: Wallbreaker with either dradon dance or swords dance yep thats a good role for a haxorus, but use DD it is, in my mind, better than SD
- Scisor: Party scout i would use something bulkier than the scizor, unless your making it bulky, in which id say your wasting your time
- Carracosta: Physical shell smash or defensive wall i prefer cloyster for that role, but its terrible SPdef makes me regret it...
- Weavile: Starter with choice band? (Not sure on this one) id use it for revenge killing dragons...
- Typhlosion: Sunny day (probably not) or choice specs replace this with an infernape or a heatran... theyre WAY better

but these are just my thoughts... do whatever you want...

EDIT: i left togekiss blank intentionally since i dont know much about them...
Funny you mentioned Cloyster instead of Carracosta, I was really considering it, potentially replacing both Carra and Weavile as to not double up on types. Its defence is really good, but then as you said its let down by special defence.

Any thoughts on items? I'm pretty sure I'd give leftovers to Togekiss as it has the healing moves etc.

whats better for my nidoking, sludge wave or earth power (it has the DW ability sheer force)
EARTH POWAAA!!

But seriously, what other moves are you running? You could have both. Earth Power/Sludge Wave/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt is pretty great (Flamethrower could go over something if you hate Ferrothorn or Forry that much).

EARTH POWAAA!!

But seriously, what other moves are you running? You could have both. Earth Power/Sludge Wave/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt is pretty great (Flamethrower could go over something if you hate Ferrothorn or Forry that much).
Ice Beam covers Grass already, though. You're better off running Fire Blast, for Mamo/Venomoth maybe. Not sure if he gets any good moves for other threats that he doesn't already hit for SE.

Hmm, yeah. I was thinking in OU terms where the coverage on Dragons and Grounds would be more useful.

There's also Focus Blast, I wonder if that'd be worth it for Chansey. But that's one of the only uses for it.

Well, is the Item Brifghtpowder banned in battling?
Or Snow Cloak?
Or a combination of them? ^^
Would be nice for Froslass.

Minimize:
+ 50% Evasion
if you got hit by Steamroller it will make double Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)