5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I am trying to calibrate my DS while holding Down and Select buttons but it's not showing me any results. I have correctly entered my version, ds type, MAC address, held buttons, date & time of capture and IVs of the caught pokemon. Any specific reason? :s It's really frustrating...
And is it necessary for me to calibrate my ds again if I want to hit standard seed while holding keys when I have already calibrated it while holding no keys?

Red

I am trying to calibrate my DS while holding Down and Select buttons but it's not showing me any results. I have correctly entered my version, ds type, MAC address, held buttons, date & time of capture and IVs of the caught pokemon. Any specific reason? :s It's really frustrating...
And is it necessary for me to calibrate my ds again if I want to hit standard seed while holding keys when I have already calibrated it while holding no keys?
Why would you have held buttons? If I remember correctly, you would do it without buttons to more accurately find your parameters.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
You don't need to abuse your ID/SID for those, no.
If you're going for a shiny, though, you might want to RNG your ID/SID for a flawless spread. But you could try to search for more dates, keypresses, and higher frames, you might already have a flawless spread.
Lol. I forgot to add the main part "shiny" into the question because I knew that it is possible to get flawless spreads w/o ID/SID abuse. So my next question is: How do I RNG ID/SID in 5th gen? Any tool? Please let me know and also how to use it. Thanks :)
You don't have to abuse your ID/SID combo to capture Shiny Pokémon. Just make a good search. Check my thread, I didn't abuse my ID/SID combo. :)

Why would you have held buttons? If I remember correctly, you would do it without buttons to more accurately find your parameters.
I already did that but I found a spread where it tells me to hold down 2 buttons so do I have to calibrate my ds again while holding down those 2 buttons or not? This is what I'm asking. :/

You don't have to abuse your ID/SID combo to capture Shiny Pokémon. Just make a good search. Check my thread, I didn't abuse my ID/SID combo. :)
Just how much of a good search are you talking about? :s
Please tell me the frame range and held buttons you selected to make the search for shiny captures?

Red

I already did that but I found a spread where it tells me to hold down 2 buttons so do I have to calibrate my ds again while holding down those 2 buttons or not? This is what I'm asking. :/
No you dont need to calibrate again. Just hold the buttons down and RNG!
You only have to search parameters once, lol.

If you are lucky you don't have to. But at least for me some button combos (for example just "Start") make me get/hit my usual timer0 for just like 10% of the time. So it's annoying to try to hit a seed I've searched with a certain timer0 (in my case my usual timer0) if the target timer0 appears just 10% of the time. The safest way is to calibrate for each button combo individually (I think this was written in the guide iirc), but that will take some time too. So the decision (to calibrate or not) is basically yours to be made in the end.

If you are lucky you don't have to. But at least for me some button combos (for example just "Start") make me get/hit my usual timer0 for just like 10% of the time. So it's annoying to try to hit a seed I've searched with a certain timer0 (in my case my usual timer0) if the target timer0 appears just 10% of the time. The safest way is to calibrate for each button combo individually (I think this was written in the guide iirc), but that will take some time too. So the decision (to calibrate or not) is basically yours to be made in the end.
Thats why my first question: I cant calibrate while holding "down and Select" buttons. It just doesn't show up any results. Any reason?

No you dont need to calibrate again. Just hold the buttons down and RNG!
You only have to search parameters once, lol.
Ok thanks. Hope what you're saying holds true for me too. :p

5th gen Wondercards!

How do they work?

I'm assuming I use the "gift" option, go to E4 PC (no NPCs) and then run around and do chatots as though I was in front of a legendary?

Thanks.

Oh, on a completely different subject: Is it possible for RNG Reporter to "save" parameters? I've noticed that even when I have the initial full seed, I need to put in the time I used to GET the seed, to make it "remember" what the seed is. This is made worse by the fact that I am running three games on two DSs here (I mainly use my silver one for Dream World and my pink one for RNGing but sometimes I have to RNG on the silver one) and switching back and forth between calibrations is annoying. Just wondering if this is something that could be easily addressed, or if there's already a function for it that I haven't found yet.
~Uiru

Is there a list available that shows Black/White ability 0/1 combos for breeding? Something like this Gen IV one. I hear that RNG Reporter has a pokedex with them but I'm using PPRNG for Mac so I don't have access to it.

Okay, so it turns out there's a Wondercard option, and that natures are fixed to them. Sigh!

So, I'm at the E4. I get my predicted starting frame (as there are no NPCs it should be accurate) and I'm pretty sure I haven't released Tornadus on this game. I'll check that. But anyway, all I have to do is withdraw from PC/run around with repels to get from SF to target, right? No funny business?
~Uiru

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wondercards use their own method, based off the PIDRNG (thus use a Chatot, not IV advancement).

RNG Reporter currently does not support the 100% shiny Wondercards at the moment. Although you can RNG for its IV's, the nature will not be predicted as the method of shiny WC generation requires a few more frames (not always a constant amount either) to calculate the PID. Nature comes after, so the nature won't line up. The actual nature should be around 2-5 frames after the predicted one.

Just test different seeds and maybe you'll get a good one like I did :P

Carlita's Hydregion Present

IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
Nature: Modest
Level: 70
Moves: Dragonbreath / Flamethrower / Focus Blast / Hyper Voice

No special moves, sadly.

Can anyone tell me what are the encounter slots for swarm pkms? I'm trying to catch wyanut but there's no encounter slots for it on the web's list.

Wondercards use their own method, based off the PIDRNG (thus use a Chatot, not IV advancement).

RNG Reporter currently does not support the 100% shiny Wondercards at the moment. Although you can RNG for its IV's, the nature will not be predicted as the method of shiny WC generation requires a few more frames (not always a constant amount either) to calculate the PID. Nature comes after, so the nature won't line up. The actual nature should be around 2-5 frames after the predicted one.

Just test different seeds and maybe you'll get a good one like I did :P
This would have been good to know before spending all day searching for seeds on this slow-ass laptop :(

There's no variance in the number of frames? Like, if I try a seed, get the IVs, and the nature is bad, I might as well move on to the next one?

Also, was Modest your first choice? :) I was thinking Naive. Something along the lines of Outrage/Crunch/Flamethrower/Earthquake or Draco Meteor or something.

Thanks.
~Uiru

Can anyone tell me what are the encounter slots for swarm pkms? I'm trying to catch wyanut but there's no encounter slots for it on the web's list.
There's no definite ESV for Swarm Pokemon, at least from what I've done. They appear to take up, more often than not, even values. Usually 2, 4, 6, or 8 (6 works pretty well for me). I've never found one on an odd ESV.
Just because it's one of those numbers doesn't mean there'll be a Swarm Pokemon, though. Not positive on how it works...

There's no definite ESV for Swarm Pokemon, at least from what I've done. They appear to take up, more often than not, even values. Usually 2, 4, 6, or 8 (6 works pretty well for me). I've never found one on an odd ESV.
Just because it's one of those numbers doesn't mean there'll be a Swarm Pokemon, though. Not positive on how it works...
Thank you. ^^

but how would you get your paramters if you don't actually catch a poke?
Yeah, like WZ said. Or, if you're RNGing on the same DS that you already found parameters for, just with a different cart, you may not need to refind your parameters. I'm not sure if the game cart will change the parameters, however.

Cassie

giant claw
If both parents are international(Japanese) the Method for PID is still BW Breeding, International correct? I'm breeding these on an English cart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)