10/10 games

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fine art isn't a scale, it's an outdated and inconsistent classification. If one film is fine art, all films are fine art. It's not fine because it's fine, it's fine because it is art without a practical purpose.

Why isn't gameplay beautiful? I mean, we know it's imaginative so it counts, but why isn't it also beautiful? The gameplay in Shadow is beautiful. Anyone who has played it can back me up here.

But if videogames ARE fine art, then why do I feel as though every hour I've spent on them in my life has been wasted when I could have been using them to educate myself and do something relevant to the rest of the world?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo more ten out of ten games less boring shit.

Gears of War 2 - honestly this games story (and the intro speech) is one of the greatest I've ever played. It's compelling, flows smoothly, and the characters are unique and original while being believable at the same time. Combat is also very smooth with the use of cover. If you own an xbox 360 and haven't played this I suggest you check it out.

Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue/White - Probably a game I spent the most hours on next to smash bros. melee. Megaman BN3 was probably the best BN game in the series (well maybe not next to 6 but we'll get to that). WWW is trying to take over the world (again) and it's up to Lan and Megaman to stop them. Through an awesome combat system that works through chips and program advances (chip combos), you defeat the evil net navis and eventually WWW. The game doesn't end there, however, as there is a secret area that you can go to where you can fight the last two secret bosses, Bass and S.

Earthbound / Mother 3 - These games usually speak for themselves, but I'll just say that beautiful music and characters. Stories are heart breaking and compelling. If you haven't played it I suggest you do sometime in your life. You'll have to download a patch for Mother 3, however, but the patch is basically perfect, no broken English.

I just got a 3DS on impulse and got Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Game Boy Color Virtual Console.

10/10. Honestly, it's really quirky and very fun and there are a retarded amount of random Mario cameos in it. Plus the humor made me laugh more than any game that I can recall playing.

Others:
Paper Mario
-It's amazing fun; too bad my N64 broke so I can't play it

Earthbound
-I have it on my modded xbox and it's hilarious and fun etc.

Terranigma
-Also on my modded xbox and it's great. I thought it would be boring as hell when I started it, but I got so pulled in that, before I knew it, I had beaten it.

Ocarina of Time
-good, etc

Super Smash Bros.
-SMASH

Super Smash Bros Melee
-SMASH 2

Secret of Mana
-maaaaaan amazin (once again on xbox)

FUCKING BAHAMUT LAGOON IS THE BEST GAME EVER
It's a turn based tactical rpg (like Advance Wars). WITH DRAGONS. The fighting is organized where all of the characters are split into parties of four. There are endless combinations, some better than others. The strategy is very flexible and it's fuckin fun, etc.
(it's for SNES and it's on my xbox; you can only get it in english as a patched japanese rom)

Why do you guys seem to prefer Dual Strike over Days of Ruin? I found Dual Strike to have way to much shit happening to make it playable after the mid point of the game. (All those clone characters), Those specials were OP. Days of Ruin streamlined it, cut back on some of the units and added a much more interesting story, and imo, better art.

If you like the original the most, then that's perfectly acceptable.
While there certainly isn't anything wrong with Days of Ruin (especially because it's actually pretty well balanced and I loved anti-tanks and seaplanes. I also thought the story was fantastic) I quickly found myself missing Dual Strike simply because it's was so insane. imo DoR wasn't as thrilling as DS because the powers were mostly underwhelming and there were only like 10 COs to choose from, which I thought made things kinda boring after awhile. I also missed Neotanks.

I still like both games though because I think there are great things about both, but I definitely prefer a crazy ass round of DS over a reasonable round of DoR. That's just me though.

(OH BUT DoR can be pretty crazy if your fighting Clauder).

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
While there certainly isn't anything wrong with Days of Ruin (especially because it's actually pretty well balanced and I loved anti-tanks and seaplanes. I also thought the story was fantastic) I quickly found myself missing Dual Strike simply because it's was so insane. imo DoR wasn't as thrilling as DS because the powers were mostly underwhelming and there were only like 10 COs to choose from, which I thought made things kinda boring after awhile. I also missed Neotanks.

I still like both games though because I think there are great things about both, but I definitely prefer a crazy ass round of DS over a reasonable round of DoR. That's just me though.

(OH BUT DoR can be pretty crazy if your fighting Clauder).
my main complaint with ds is that it's quite hard to have a balanced match, if you're in any kind of power struggle or choke point the game turns into "who can charge up their SCOP first" as opposed to "who can out-maneuver their opponent". that and i hate the fucking maps on DS, i don't know how good they are on dor. every map is some kind of gimmick. the only good maps are the aw1 ones. seriously, shit like maps full of silos ruins it.

the best type of maps are those that force you to dance around the opponent, wedge yourself into a position to strike, set traps, etc. a lot of strategy. where tens of units are lost just for a couple key cities. that's fun, the slow, strategic struggle for power and property.

ridge island is the _pinnacle_ of aw map excellence IMO. you have to outplay grit's rockets and (S)cop while keeping hold of all of the cities on your side of the mountain. the choke points favor grit with his +1 rocket/artillery range and +20 power, as well as their proximity to his cities and factories. generally the woods in the middle choke point make it unused, so you can forget that one, EXCEPT to sneak in some infantry + tanks to swipe that city and try to flank the northern choke point from 2 sides. the southern choke point is such an asshole to get through, he can just park a rocket + cannon fodder and you can't approach him without getting smacked by a rocket, and he could just park it on the city for infinite ammo. I generally like to use a good tank co, since you really can't use rockets very effectively at all unless you are Grit. i play with 3 perks max, makes it more interesting. kanbei is a decent choice for the map since grit's direct units can't touch you with your essential +40% defense, and he can keep pace with grit's rockets...only thing is the cost, but you can land -8 production cost to nullify that with fire sale and +100/day/base with gold rush, and then +8 atk to give you 28/20 stats. then send in some recons through the middle to handle his indirects, pound out the top with tanks and a rocket, and then use your (s)cop to plow through. rachel is also good, if only for her SCOP. use it, weaken the defense, and then plow through 1-4 hp units. jess is also great.

but yeah this is why aw1 is the best i cant believe i wrote a wall of text about an aw1 map lol

my main complaint with ds is that it's quite hard to have a balanced match, if you're in any kind of power struggle or choke point the game turns into "who can charge up their SCOP first" as opposed to "who can out-maneuver their opponent". that and i hate the fucking maps on DS, i don't know how good they are on dor. every map is some kind of gimmick. the only good maps are the aw1 ones. seriously, shit like maps full of silos ruins it.
It not that I don't agree, It is tough to have a ballanced match. Sami and Eagle's Tag Power is one of the most broken things I've seen in a game and don't even get me started on Javier but at least he needs towers. Personally I like to use Sasha because her power can fuck up your opponent's CO power bar and you only need 2 stars to use it (I think).

I also hate maps full of silos, that's some stupid shit right there.

the best type of maps are those that force you to dance around the opponent, wedge yourself into a position to strike, set traps, etc. a lot of strategy. where tens of units are lost just for a couple key cities. that's fun, the slow, strategic struggle for power and property.
I also like maps like this sometimes.

ridge island is the _pinnacle_ of aw map excellence IMO. you have to outplay grit's rockets and (S)cop while keeping hold of all of the cities on your side of the mountain. the choke points favor grit with his +1 rocket/artillery range and +20 power, as well as their proximity to his cities and factories. generally the woods in the middle choke point make it unused, so you can forget that one, EXCEPT to sneak in some infantry + tanks to swipe that city and try to flank the northern choke point from 2 sides. the southern choke point is such an asshole to get through, he can just park a rocket + cannon fodder and you can't approach him without getting smacked by a rocket, and he could just park it on the city for infinite ammo. I generally like to use a good tank co, since you really can't use rockets very effectively at all unless you are Grit. i play with 3 perks max, makes it more interesting. kanbei is a decent choice for the map since grit's direct units can't touch you with your essential +40% defense, and he can keep pace with grit's rockets...only thing is the cost, but you can land -8 production cost to nullify that with fire sale and +100/day/base with gold rush, and then +8 atk to give you 28/20 stats. then send in some recons through the middle to handle his indirects, pound out the top with tanks and a rocket, and then use your (s)cop to plow through. rachel is also good, if only for her SCOP. use it, weaken the defense, and then plow through 1-4 hp units. jess is also great.

but yeah this is why aw1 is the best i cant believe i wrote a wall of text about an aw1 map lol
I actually believe it I always thought Ridge Island was pretty interesting because the advantageous blue spot seems like it was specially designed for Grit whereas most of the other war room maps don't seem to have been designed for specific COs.

Speaking of War Room Maps I'm particularly fond of Bounty River. It's a big ass map that gives you alot of time to build up your forces before having to engage your opponent.

I'm actually playing through Advance Wars: Dual Strike atm, I'm at like mission 10, and I'm loving it so far. I'm not real big on strategies or whatever yet, but the gameplay already seems kinda deep right now, imagine if you delve deeper into it. Due to a lack of other place to ask this, I want to ask two off-topic questions: what does ''CO'' actually stand for, and how long do CO powers last?

CO- Commanding Officer

Powers last only 1 day throughout your and your opponent's turn. Any boosting effects linger into your opponents turn weather you can use them or not. They stop working the next day. You won't be able to charge your power meter again until the day on which you used your power ends.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
As far as 10/10 games go for me, these are the ones I pick:

Chrono Trigger
Mother 3
Phantasy Star II

Super Mario RPG

With honourable mentions to Trauma Centre: Under The Knife (2), Final Fantasy 6, and Sonic Adventure

--

10/10 Games

Chrono Trigger has been noted several times as a 10/10 game, and I think it's as close as I'm going to get to an actual perfect game. It had amazing characters, and awesome story, great music, and awesome plot twists. The game in general was just amazing.

Mother 3 shared a lot of the same attributes with Chrono Trigger, but it also holds the score for the only game that actually made me want to get into battles. The rhythm battles were just so enjoyable, and the music in particular made this game amazing, not to mention the amazing dialogue. The fan translation deserves a lot of recognition too, because it's easily the best fan translation I've ever seen. It just has that Earthbound feel.

Phantasy Star II isn't one that most people think of when they think 10/10 game, so I'm probably alone in mentioning it. But I easily think that this (and Phantasy Star IV, though it's not on this list since only my bro played that game, I didn't) is easily the best RPG that Sega has churned out. Yes, there is a lot of level-grinding, but even though the characters don't talk much, it's very serious when they actually do. Also, you really feel immersed in the world with Rolf, Nei, Amy, Rudo and gang. The people in the world don't indirectly say that they're suffering, but it's a very gradual and painful change. For a game released in 1989, it had an amazing story, and absolutely incredible graphics (seriously, most games during this era looked like shit compared to this). The music was very memorable too, as were the boss battles (maybe because they didn't have bosses at every turn; there were only actually 4 boss battles in the entire game IIRC). I personally think this is one of the most underrated games out there.

For those of you who wanted more character development, the Phantasy Star II text adventures are now completely translated. I haven't actually played them yet, but it definitely adds a bit more depth to the game.

Super Mario RPG may have been a shorter RPG, but it still had a lot of heart. With awesome graphics, music, characters, and such, it had everything a gamer would love. What's more is that it was a great introduction to the RPG era for a lot of younger and older gamers alike. The interaction between the characters was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game, since the game doesn't become super-duper depressing unlike a lot of the modern RPGs out there, while it can still hold a serious tone at times. Maybe it's just because I've beaten this game a bajillion times, but I still believe it to be a 10/10 game.

Honourable Mentions

These games easily could have been 10/10 games IMO if it weren't for a few things holding them back:

Trauma Center: Under The Knife was a very enjoyable game, and IIRC, it was the first one to make full use of the touchscreen on the DS. It was the one that started the touchscreen surgery thing, and even the story was enjoyable. The thing keeping this from being a 10/10 game is that while I was able to handle the difficulty after getting used to it, it seriously did not have a steady difficulty spike. I swear, in chapter 1, the surgeries are all ridiculously easy until you get to this one where you have to excise anyeurisms, and unless you play extremely carefully, you spend hours trying to do this surgery and constantly fail since the motherfucker's vitals drop too damn much.

Admittedly, this massive difficulty did prepare me for Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2, which did have adjustable difficulty. I personally played it on Hard mode since I was prepared. This game was really good and it had an even better story than the first one. The problem is that later in the game, the surgeries take forever. The reason is that they make you do 3 patients in a row very commonly, and god damn, is it ever frustrating if you screw one thing up later in the surgery...because you have to start from the first patient in the surgery all over again. -.- I guess that isn't so much a complaint about the game itself rather than a frustration, but I still love the game.

The Trauma Center games were still really awesome though, maybe if I play them through again I'll probably think of them as 10/10 games since I'm a lot better at those "hard" games now.

Final Fantasy 6 has been mentioned a lot as a 10/10 game in this topic, and I really enjoyed it too, and truth be told, it used to be tied with Chrono Trigger as my favourite until Mother 3 and Phantasy Star II took that over. Unfortunately though, it's really, really difficult for me to think of this as a 10/10 game when there were clearly flaws with the programming and the fact that once you got the espers the characters basically lost anything that made them unique (they still had unique skills, but there was no point in using them). There was also the issue that while the World of Balance had a good plot, you didn't even need to get all the characters in the World of Ruin...I mean, I personally still got all the characters, but I personally don't like extreme amounts of openness in RPGs, and the World of Ruin is completely open. It also makes getting the non-compulsory characters seem like a side quest, which is dumb since they're supposed to be integral characters in the story.

Don't get me wrong, I still loved the game, but I can absolutely see why someone wouldn't, since it's very hard to ignore those gaping flaws.

Sonic Adventure is probably one that a lot of people would disagree with me on, since people only seem to like the 2D ones and dislike the 3D ones. Don't get me wrong, I personally think this is the only good 3D Sonic game to exist. Even Sonic Adventure 2 was not fun. Anyway, I loved this game, and I really liked that you could explore an overworld, which is something you couldn't do in other Sonic games. I also liked that you can see the story from several different perspectives. The Chaos were pretty addicting too, especially back when I was younger.

The biggest thing keeping this from being a 10/10 game for me is Big the Cat. I'm serious, Big's scenario is the most annoying one of them all, and overall, it's the only one of them that isn't any fun. Unfortunately, it just goes against the fast pace of all the other characters, and it's overall just frustrating, boring, and slow.

Honestly, if it weren't for Big's scenario, Sonic Adventure literally would be on my 10/10 list right now.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
A lot of my favorites have been mentioned already (Shoutouts to FF6 / Chrono Trigger / LTTP / OOC / Pokemon G/S/C) so I'll try and throw some new stuff into the mix.

Megaman Battle Network Series: All of these games are so well done music/story/gameplay/ design wise in general. I can run through BN3/4/5 every few months if I have the time, because thats the kind of game they are. Each new game to the series brought a new element that improved the games even more and more. I would give the entire series 1-6 10/10, they are all perfect and timeless.
The music is probably one of my favorite parts to the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAE_ynIjlYs - BN4 Boss (personal favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKhoKX2VoY - BN3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLj1LhSMbsw - BN2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJooMKeW3eg - BN5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VEu3_dUwME - BN6
Final Fantasy 4: Most people probably wouldn't agree with me on this, but FFIV was my favorite of all the early FF (ff3 coming in at a close second, such a great game), because of the story and gameplay that it had. The battle system is so much fun to play with and the story kept my glued to the system until I finished the game. The great music that all enix picks for all its FF was obviously a great touch as well.

Edit:
Not sure how, but I Forgot Kingdom Hearts 1&2 as probably my favorite platform for the PS2. Great Story / Game Play / Design / Music. Everything all around gets you emotionally attached to the story and to Sora. The key to the story is the suspense that is in it and the great comedy they put into it.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
did anyone mention portal 2..? a modern classic! pretty much fantastic in every aspect. the storyline, the concept, the humour, the level design... and it wasn't too short this time round. i guess the end boss could have been a little harder and there were some frustrating parts in the early-midgame but that is what puzzle games are about

Yoshi's Island is an amazing platformer that got darn near everything right.

Chrono Trigger You've heard it before. Haven't played it? Do it now.

Majora's Mask
was just something new altogether on the N64. Creepy, yet beautiful, and with a wonderful score and gameplay.

Banjo Kazooie is a great game with great music that'll be in your head for weeks.

Being way too tired to write huge paragraphs for a few of these right now there's a bunch that need more attention.

Halo 2 - Halo 2 is basically the start of an FPS revolution. Apart from the campaign being absolutely gorgeous, well-thought out and genius, the multiplayer is absolutely ridiculous. The maps were beautiful and the weapons actually took skill to use, while the ranking system actually told you about how good the person was. The reason I love Halo is because of the masterpiece, perfect, 10/10 game that is Halo 2.(PS Halo Reach is absolutely awful)

Fable: The Lost Chapters - Here we go with another great XBox game developed by Lionhead, spearheaded by a man who never shuts his yap. The game deals itself with a lot of classic RPG themes (village destroyed by bandits, taking revenge on them and saving your family etc) but makes them absolutely incredible and fun to play. It is so easy to immerse yourself in the hours upon hours of gameplay and emotional storyline. New Fable lost track of what made this game good, adventuring as a fantasy hero through a truly "epic" storyline. This is probably the best XBox RPG ever made, along with Morrowind of course!

Majora's Mask - Haha, oh my god. Nintendo finally showing us their darker side by blessing us with this incredible Legend of Zelda game. From a gigantic moon crashing into the earth and the townsfolk slowly realizing of their future destruction, to the Gorons freezing over from the intense weather conditions, to Mikau dying a slow death on the beach and nobody to rescue the female's eggs. There is so much emotion and so much to save that you really can't do it all, for instance you can probably save Mikau on the beach, but Kafei would stay a kid forever and would never be reunited with his love, and the girl's dad in Ikana would forever be a wretched monster. I used to have head pounding nightmares about this game, it's dark, it's diabolical, it's beautiful. The dungeons are well thought out and masks provide you with a lot of stuff to collect and have fun with. An incredible game from start to finish, AND GOD DAMN I HATE THE ALIENS.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Believe it or not, I do not like new Pokemon at all. The older Pokemon spoke out a lot more to me, and the anime/movie behind them gave me so much more incentive to love them (oh my god never show me the Lucario movie EVER AGAIN). It's simple and it's what Pokemon should be without the ridiculous amount of twists and turns. Set out on an adventure with your Pokemon, battle your rival along the way, beat gym leaders and stop an evil crime syndicate from taking other people's Pokemon. I enjoyed the gameplay so much compared to other games (especially it not being censored and all) and especially the Pokemon. And please for the love of god no more Lucario movie.

Super Smash Bros Melee - Look, the very epitome of competitive smash game. If you don't play competitively, it's a lot of fun and there's a ton of awesome people playing. This game basically shows that a Nintendo fighter can take a lot of skill and still be immensely fun at the same time. Even the story mode gives it some replay value and there's some cool characters in it (MEWTWO :D) as well as a lot of fun stages. If the next smash game is Brawl 2.0 I'm going to punch someone's nose in.

Metroid Prime 1/2 - Wow, I've never been a Metroid fan but these really opened my eyes. There is a real sense of isolation in these games, they're really, really fucking hard and you're isolated for the entire game. When you land on the new planets you have absolutely no idea where you are, where to go, what your objective is etc and it's fun seeing everything piece together. The boss fights are engaging and really god damn hard and there's a lot of different missles / guns you use to solve different puzzles. You can basically look at your map and say "what does that room do?" and not know until halfway through the game, a lot like Zelda.

I could probably put down a few more but ehh, these are all absolutely 10/10, revolutionary awesome games. To anyone who hasn't played any of these I recommend doing so immediately because they'll change the way you look at video games.

I think some of my choices may be a bit weird to some people, but hey, to each his own right? Anyway, on with it.

Xenogears - By far one of the best turn-based RPGs I've ever played. The story could be convoluted as all Hell, but in a good way. Honestly, I think far too many RPGs suffer from under-developing characters. They focus on they main character, and everyone else is just sorta there. This games dives into the psyche of every major character, both good and bad. Getting into the full meat of the story would take a lot longer than a little paragraph. The main story is a fairly simple "save the world" setup, but it becomes more and more complex as your adventure continues. It's actually really hard to explain without writing the whole thing out. Long story short, this game really makes you think, and goes above and beyond with its character development. On top of that, the gameplay is amazing. You get mech fights and regular RPG fights with a combo and deathblow system. I could go on about the game all night, but I'm going to stop myself.

The majority of The Legend of Zelda console titles - I really just couldn't pick a favorite here. The only one I think wasn't really a 10 was Twilight Princess. It was a 9.4-5, but not a 10. I'm one of the few people that thought Wind Waker's visuals were amazing. I know people didn't like the cell shading and all, but the game was still extremely pretty. All of them (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker) had outstanding gameplay. Majora's Mask gets special mention for the variety of locations. Also, I just love playing songs as a Zora with a guitar. xP The Zelda series just pulls me into the world in a way that not many other games do.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - I love the Fire Emblem series in general, but Sacred Stones was the best. The only complaint I have was that the normal difficulty was easier than the others because of the Tower, but it's not like you had to use it. I got more attached to the characters in this particular Fire Emblem. Also, Sacred Stones allowed the characters to branch off into new classes, instead of the same linear progression from the other games.

Now, I'm about to go into my Sonic fanboy phase.

Sonic Adventer 2 - I know someone above said that they liked the original, but not 2. I'm actually the opposite. I didn't really dislike Sonic Adventure, but 2 was better to me. There was variety in the game play. The music was awesome. I just had a lot of fun playing the game. Plus, a lot of the multiplayer and side stuff was pretty fun. My chao could kick all those other chaos asses.

Sonic Colors (DS Release) - There may be some disagreement here. xD Honestly, this was the best new Sonic game in years. It was like taking an old Sonic game and adding the Color powers, and it worked surprisingly well. The powers didn't feel overly gimmicky, and the pacing of the game was FAST, like a Sonic game should be.

Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles - Last Sonic game I promise. xD The original Genesis series was just awesome. It had great music, a fair amount of challenge, and simple, but solid gameplay. Granted, the basic story was "continue screen right until the dude with the mustache tries to kill you," but it didn't really need a major story.

Anyway, back to other games.

Okami - Specifically, the PS2 release. I can play Okami over and over just for the visuals and creative gameplay. The visual style of the game was just so perfect. I could never take my eyes off of it. The brush mechanic was just a cool concept and made for some interesting combat.

Persona 4 - Best of the series by far. They story was amazing, and extremely emotionally charged toward the end. The gameplay was phenomenal, and had all they typical elements of a Persona game, plus more. Probably the biggest thing it had over the other games was the character development. Persona 3's characters were good. Persona 4's characters were amazing. Everything about them was believable, and the experiences you had with them via Social Links emphasized it even more.

I could write a few more, and I may later.

Also, to those of you putting down Mother. It's that awesome? I keep hearing about it, but I never got to play. T_T

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would nominate deus ex human revolution as a 9.5/10 game (which is 10 rounded up so it counts!) the sheer diversity in the ways in which you can play the game and solve every challenge is mind boggling. the graphics (and general visual theme) are beautiful, and the script/plot are razor sharp. my only qualm is with the forced boss fights that seemed so out of place (and were unreasonably hard imo!) still, there are only 3 and once they're done you can enjoy the rest of the game for what it is - a masterpiece!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I might as well say Batman Arkham City despite not being released yet. AA was amazing and by all measures this game will be 5x bigger in terms of just the city and will have just about every batman villian and worthwhile character in it to some degree.

They seem to be fixing the bosses problem, which plagues the end of AA and that game was getting 9.5's as it was.

speaking of Deus Ex, I played through the original recently and while I wouldn't give it a perfect rating (mostly on account of how it's aged), I could easily see someone giving it one when it came out. The gameplay is open in ways that I really haven't seen in many other games even to this day. I definitely plan to try HR sometime.

Has anyone nom'd Shadow of the Colossus yet? Honestly you could give it a solid 8 of its points because of its soundtrack... beautiful. Aside from that, it's an excellent game with an interesting plot to say the least - aesthetically pleasing to boot.

Resident Evil 4 and Fallout 3 would be my only 10/10 games.

Leon was not only hot, but a cool guy.I grew to actually like the character throught the story.It was perfect in my opinion.

Fallout 3 has the best world.I got so lost in it and the setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)