Ash in the Smogon League (a themed warstory)

This is A themed warstory. please enjoy and luvdisc :D
My comments will be in this green color while the batttle texts will be in black.
These red colors show the 10 turn summary.. guess what... every ten turns.

Hello smogonites. Have you guys ever wondered how ash wins all his battles? When watching the animes, i would sit down and watch his Pikachu bulldoze teams with his volt tackle, when in reality (and competitively) Pikachu is a complete joke. So i decided that i would make a themed team. All are Ash's Pokémon. I mean come on, not ALL OF ASH's Pokémon is worthless. So i popped up Google and searched for his Pokémon. To start out with, i HAD TO USE PIKACHU. I mean, what is ash without his yellow mouse?

Okay so Pikachu. His pikamagic is such a joke in competitive settings. His only viable item is... light ball (not even eviolite) and that is illegal in smogon. I guess I’m going to play on the PO server. Now i have a choice: special or physical? The physical hits harder, but the special offered more coverage, so i chose special. I also needed a sub on him because..... Anything kills him, no joke.

Then i skimmed down the list of Pokémon, and one behemoth caught my eye. Ohmygosh. Thank you ash for ever catching that flying scorpion. That’s right. Gliscor. Gliscor provides the defensive pivot that ash's team needs (since ash can’t afford any bulky Pokémon) and is great this generation with poison heal. As i am an antique player, i still use the fling orb set. I know. It’s outclassed by other things. But i love being able to hit things with a 110 stab move, so i chose this set. With Gliscor comes great responsibility and a x4 ice weakness. I will have to get an ice resist. I again scroll through the list and....

LAPRAS. I love this Pokémon. it is immune to gliscor’s x2 weakness (water absorb) and is x4 resistant to ice. What a beast. Although water ice typing is frowned upon because of its stealth rock weakness, i just has to use this guy. i typed in lapras on the DP METAGAME analyses, and found the curse rest to be the perfect addition to my team. Yes. Now i got a crappy Pokémon, a physical wall, and a special tank. I am missing an offensive force. A Fire type. A freaking burning monkey.

I am so glad ash took that chimchar. (From that other trainer Paul) infernape is the perfect wall breaker and... Just a great offensive threat. i will be running the classic wall breaker with overheat and U-turn. Great scout. i am now able to break through ferrothorn. Now i have two spots left. i again skim down the list, hoping to find a set up sweeper or a great revenge killer. why couldn’t he own cloyster or something? But.... i see a bug coming my way. It’s....

Heracross! the notorious guts choice scarfer. Great. This is by far my favorite ash Pokémon, and will serve as a great revenge killer on my team. Close combat and Megahorn are obvious choices, stone edge is a good choice, and i chose night slash over pursuit to catch incoming jellicents and gengars. Perfect. This guy is the perfect check to dory once gliscor is gone, because rockslide cannot OHKO. now for the last spot.. I am going to choose between two Pokémon. MUK AND SNORLAX. in this warstory i chose muk but i promptly changed to snorlax.

MUK spelled backwards is KUM! Jokes aside, muck is a great curser. He has sticky hold, thus immune to knock off and trick, and has great special bulk. He also has priority, which can come in handy sometimes. muk isnt that great on my team except on special attackers and acting as a death fodder. However, it does catch a few people off guard. Okay on with the warstory.

The Other team….

Battle between mudkip4prez and bluemon started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +28, -4
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

When the battle starts, I take a good look at the other team. I see immediately that he has two dragons, who are weak to both my priorities (ice shard and shadow sneak) this is good news because im not good with set up sweepers like, calm mind latios and dd mence. I also see ferrothorn which is a pain in the butt when using special Pikachu, who cant do anything to it. I suspect that he is going to lead with swampert to lay out stealth rock, so I go with Pikachu to threaten it with grass knot and the OHKO. I am pretty sure ferrothorn will come in, but who knows? Some people have no idea that Pikachu has something like 400 special attack and good coverage with grass knot- ice beam – thunderbolt.

bluemon sent out Pikachu!
mudkip4prez sent out Mudkip4prez! (Swampert)

(100%) vs
(100%)

Okay. So my lead prediction was right. Or Ash would say: GO PIKACHU! I am pretty sure ferrothorn will come in, but who knows? Some people have no idea that Pikachu has something like 400 special attack and good coverage with grass knot- ice beam – thunderbolt. So I go for the grass knot in case swampert decides to switch in because I don’t have that much trouble with ferrothorn if I decide to use pokemon other than Pikachu. (looking at you, infernape).

Start of turn 1
mudkip4prez called Mudkip4prez back!
mudkip4prez sent out Ferrothorn! (Ferrothorn)

Pikachu used Grass Knot!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 5% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts Pikachu

The foe's Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(94%) vs
(100%) ->
(100%)

Well. Grass knot just HAD to be a contact move? The Pikachu which as brittle as a happiny in front of a conkeldurr, took more damage from hitting the pokemon than the ferrothorn did. Ferrothorns wall Pikachu to Ash and back, so I will have to switch to the blazing infernape to take out the pesky durian. I think he is going to go for either his attacks (which are all NVE against infernape) or spikes/leech seed. These don’t bother infernape a lot because he is just there to get some strong attacks out there to kill pesky walls. So I switch to infernape.

Start of turn 2
bluemon called Pikachu back!
bluemon sent out Infernape!

The foe's Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Infernape was seeded!

Infernape's health is sapped by leech seed.

(94%) ->
(87%) vs
(100%)

Leech seed, eh? Well I can gurantee BROCK that this durian is running gyroball, protect, powerwhip, leech seed. Misty also agrees with me and she predicts a switch. I know that U-Turning out right now will get me some momentum as he go out to switch out to a fire resist. Infernape did its job in scouting and forcing ferrothorn out, and I will switch into the appropriate time comes.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Ferrothorn used Protect!
The foe's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Infernape used U-turn!
The foe's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Infernape's health is sapped by leech seed.

(74%) vs
(100%)

Ferrothorn protects!!! Oh no. now he knoes im going to u turn. This could be used at an advantage. Now that Infernape’s health is running low, I have to make moves FAST. The ferrothorn suspects that I will u turn again, and he knows he can take a u turn like champ, and also he wants some iron thorn damage on me. Predicting that It will stay in, I will go for a x4 SE attack. Overheat. Any switchin would take a ton of damage from overheat and would be in KO range. I hope he stays in as my infernape explodes in heat….

Start of turn 4
Infernape used Overheat!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!
Infernape's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Infernape is hurt by its Life Orb!

mudkip4prez sent out Conkeldurr! (Conkeldurr)

(64%) vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

GOOD JOB INFERNAPE! I told you Paul was a sucky trainer and that you would do better under my control. HA. After the durian was roasted, I see that he sent out a freaking clown. Brock loves female clowns, and he predict that this buff clown is going to get his bulk up. My Muk can set up alongside with him and also resists his drain punches. I can either u-turn and risk life orb recoil, or switch into muk directly…. I decide to go for a u-turn since there isn’t a “NO U TURN SIGN” HAHAHAHA. Okay.

Start of turn 5
Infernape used U-turn!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 11% of its health!
Infernape is hurt by its Life Orb!
bluemon called Infernape back!
bluemon sent out Muk!

The foe's Conkeldurr used Bulk Up!
The foe's Conkeldurr's Attack rose!
The foe's Conkeldurr's Defense rose!

The foe's Conkeldurr restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(54%) ->
(100%) vs
(96%)

He does indeed go for a bulk up. This is very good news for muk as he can continue with his cursing and force conkeldurr out or go onto a bulkup/curse war. While muk curses (F$#^, a$$, Damn,^%*&@..) he will get a crit and take out conkeldurr. This is great for muk and I will go for the obvious curse. I think that suspecting the stab resist, he will switch to a special attacker (since he thinks mine is a cursing variant) and smack me with a SE attack. But, this Muk is no ordinary muk. This a SUPER SPECIALLY DEFENSIVE (careful, 252/252) that can take anything (even reuniclus psychics), so I don’t worry and curse up.

Start of turn 6
mudkip4prez called Conkeldurr back!
mudkip4prez sent out Latios! (Latios)

Muk used Curse!
Muk's Attack rose!
Muk's Defense rose!
Muk's Speed fell!

(100%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed vs
(96%) ->
(100%)

BROCK! Come here! IT’S A LEGENDARY POKEMON! Let’s catch it before team rocket shows up! Well, Latios is obviously a special attacker and Muk can take anything it’s got. Latios doesn’t usually carry psychic or specs, so I will not be OHKOed, so I stay in and shadow sneak hoping I would KO that thing without me dying. I am really anxious to see how much shadow sneak will do, and to a lesser extent, how much a Draco Meteor will do… MUK, make him KUM…not.

Start of turn 7
Muk used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 40% of its health!

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Muk lost 291 HP! (47% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Muk restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

(60%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed vs
(60%) -2 sp.attack

Ohmygosh. MUK! U absorbed all those meteors!! Brilliant. You also sneaked your way and SMACKED that latios’s face.Great. Muk took that draco meteor from that (probably scarfed) Latios like a champ, and dashed to victory with his sneaky tactics. I know I can live anything else the legendary dragon decides to attack me with, so I will stay with shadow sneak. I am not afraid of any switch ins, because specially, I can live anything, and physically, I’m at +1 defense, making any attacks pretty weak.

Start of turn 8
Muk used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 37% of its health!

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Muk lost 291 HP! (23% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

(43%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed vs
(23%) -4 sp.attack

Ohmygosh. Another meteor shower! Make a wish MUK! Well, the foe decided to stay in against my muk and do some more damage, which turned out to be nothing at all. Not even a quarter of my health was deducted with that weak special attack. Now my opponent is going to go down with another set of sneak attacks made of shadow. I stay in with my Muk as Latios sees its fate…

Start of turn 9
mudkip4prez called Latios back!
mudkip4prez sent out Salamence! (Salamence)

The foe's Salamence intimidates Muk!
Muk's Attack fell!
Muk used Shadow Sneak!
A critical hit!
The foe's Salamence lost 23% of its health!

The foe's Salamence restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(50%) +1 defense -1 speed vs
(23%) ->
(73%)

WELL. Salamence the menace comes in and takes a crit for its dragon brethren. The crit was pretty unnecessary, as an ice punch would KO. I think. The intimidate means that my Muk is now scared to get strong attacks out there. Oh no. Its okay. Some of Brocks stew will mediate that. At this point, I know Salamence will go for an Earthquake which my Muk MIGHT live and OHKO slamence with Ice punch. This exclusively cold punch is for those dragons and GLISCOR who my muk hates. Well, muk just saw two dragons, and he isn’t happy. FREEZE that dragon!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Salamence used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Muk lost 178 HP! (42% of its health)

Muk used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Salamence lost 82% of its health!

The foe's Salamence restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(10%) +1 defense -1 speed vs
(8%)

TWOTHINGS: 1) OHMYGOSH salamence lived with 1 hp and recovered with leftovers. UGH. Well, it makes up for that sneaky crit. 2) OHMYGOSH Muk survived an earthquake from salamence. Muk is really getting his act together. Now if only he wouldn’t swallow weird things… (like KUM jk) he would replace Pikachu as my best friend. Right now, I know shadow sneak will KO the salamence, so I go for the sneaky attack, but I am sure another pokemon will switch in. I do not care if Muk dies right now, since he did so much till now. Weakening two dragons and putting it in OHKO range for my other priorities.

10 TURN SUMMARY (6-5)

Bluemon: Infernape (54) Muk (10) Pikachu (94) Heracross (100) Gliscor (100) Lapras (100)

Mudkip4prez: Ferrothorn (0) Salamence (8) Latios (23) Conkeldurr (96) Azumarill (100) Swampert (100)

Start of turn 11
mudkip4prez called Salamence back!
mudkip4prez sent out Swampert! (Swampert)

Muk used Shadow Sneak!
The foe's Swampert lost 7% of its health!

The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(16%) +1 defense -1 speed vs
(8%) ->
(99%)

Oh noez. Swampert. I bet its one of Brock’s mudkips’ parents. Oh well, I am going to have to revenge kill him. Swamper obviously outspeeds a -1 speed muk and KOes with earthquake. I will just let muk dies since he was a great team member… Im sorry. :( Im sure Pikachu can avenge your death.

Start of turn 12
The foe's Swampert used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Muk lost 70 HP! (16% of its health)
Muk fainted!

(0%) +1 defense -1 speed ->
(94%) vs
(100%)

now that muk is dead, i get a free switchin. the opponent has his swampert on the field, full health, so infernape isnt an option. i could get my lapras in,but he would easily roar me away. gliscor is scared by the possible scald or even ice beam, so my only option right now is pikachu to scare the swamp monster away. pika!

okay so its my pikachu vs a swampert. obviously a grass knot can OHKO the swamp monster. however, he knows i carry grass knot since he switched out to his ferrothorn previously. at this point i am sure he is going to switch. but to what? first option is ferrothorn. frankly, i cant do anything to this guy as a hp ice fails to 5hko. but hp ice is my best option against him. he can also switch out to salamence which is merely a death fodder now with his low health. he is struck strongest by my hp ice. so its clear that i should go for hp ice.

Start of turn 13
mudkip4prez called Swampert back!

Pikachu used Hidden Power!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 22% of its health!

(94%) vs
(100%) ->
(84%)

he does switch out of his swampert, but not into salamence or ferrothorn. however, there is a conkeldurr doing its clown stuff in front of me. it took very little from the hp ice and is threatening me with the obvious mach punch. i am sure the mach punch will hurt (maybe ohko) coming from 140 attack. so i am going to switch into my conkelldur counter gliscor. i still run the flingorb set so i am going to fling the orb, to stall out conkeldurr easily (but activating guts as the downside).

Start of turn 14
bluemon sent out Gliscor!

The foe's Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
Gliscor lost 21 HP! (6% of its health)

Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was poisoned!

(94%) ->
(100%) vs
(90%)

gliscor took that punch like a beast, and conkeldurr will HAVE to switch. i am going for the fling as i see the possible switchins. the number one contender is swampert who can kinda wall me and threaten a ko with scald/ice beam. he will be severly crippled by toxic and hinder his walling capabilities. The second contender is latios, as any special attack coming from him will ohko my gliscor. i am not sure if a SE fling will KO, but with added poison damage, it should be easy to kill it. so i go for the fling as i dont mind gut boosted conkeldurrs if he decids to stay in.

Start of turn 15
mudkip4prez sent out Latios! (Latios)

Gliscor used Fling!
Gliscor flung its Toxic Orb!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Latios was poisoned!

The foe's Latios is hurt by poison!
The foe's Latios fainted!
Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
mudkip4prez sent out AZUMARILL! (Azumarill)

(100%) vs
(90%) ->
(0%) ->
(100%)

latios comes in, takes a hefty amount of damage from fling, but isnt KOed. however, toxic damage ends up killing the dreaded dragon. joy. now in comes azumarill. all the azumarill in the world has a choice band, so i am going to protect to see what this guy wants to hit me with. i am sure this guy has superpower-waterfall-icepunch-aquajet, and he wants to hit me with ice punch probably. but i will just make sure with protect.

Start of turn 16
Gliscor used Protect!
Gliscor protected itself!

The foe's AZUMARILL used Waterfall!

(100%) vs
(100%)

and he wants to hit me with waterfall, eh? im sure it would KO EVEN THOUGH im a physicall wall. now his azumarill is locked into a water move huh? lets see.... which of my pokemon resist water...hmm none. but my lapras IS IMMUNE. HAHA. perfect set up moment. lapras will be switched into absorb the water and set up curse while on the field.

Start of turn 17
bluemon called Gliscor back!
bluemon sent out Lapras!

The foe's AZUMARILL used Waterfall!
Lapras's Water Absorb made the attack useless!

(100%) ->
(100%) vs
(100%)

water... ABSORBED. haha. now he will have to switch. the guestion is... to who? okay. its definitely not salamence.. if i look at his team, the only pokemon that can hit me super effectively is.. conkeldurr. if i start off with an extra boost (which i will be thanks to his azumarill) i can win the curse/bulk up war. my best option is to curse right now.

Start of turn 18
mudkip4prez called AZUMARILL back!

Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

(100%) ->
(100%)

look who's here. its mr. clown again. im sure brock raped his wife by now. lol. well i am at +1 defense right now so i dont have to worry about losing the bulk up war against him. i suspect that he's going to bulk up, so obviously im going to curse.

Start of turn 19

Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

(100%) ->
(100%)

i use curse again for the second boost, and he switches out. how peculiar. he does suspect that he wont win the bulk up war and switches to his OWN bulky water. so swampert. swampert will do one thing for shure here. he will roar and mediate all my boosts. roar has negative priority so my abysmal speed will not matter when attacking him. which is why i shouldhit him with my strongest attack. waterfall seems like it should do a bunch before i am phazed out. waterfall, lapras!

Start of turn 20
Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Swampert lost 32% of its health!

The foe's Swampert used Roar!
Gliscor was dragged out!

(100%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed ->
(100%) vs
(74%)

i do a third of damage before swampert roars me away. lets see who got roared in... hopefuly pikachu can..NO. gliscor is on the field. i am at a disadvantage since he can do a bunch of damage with scald. oh shoot. i have to make sure he doesnt have ice beam. i also want some health back. protect it is.

10 TURN SUMMARY (6-4)

Bluemon: Muk (0) Infernape (54) Pikachu (94) Heracross (100) Gliscor (100) Lapras (100)

Mudkip4prez: Ferrothorn (0) Latios (0) Swampert (74) Salamence (8) Conkeldurr (96) Azumarill (100)

Start of turn 21
Gliscor used Protect!

The foe's Swampert used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around bluemon's team!

(100%) vs
(80%)

Hell. the swamp monster puts up its rocks. fml. my opponent predicted my moves precisely. i dont have a spinner (if this was the anime, hell, even my pikachu could spin rocks) so rocks suck. right now, i dont really see wats coming. i have lost all moentum i had, so i need some badly. i have to risk the 50 accuracy to get some momentum. protect.

Start of turn 22
Gliscor used Protect!
But it failed!

The foe's Swampert used Scald!
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 180 HP! (51% of its health)

(61%) vs
(86%)

it missed! shoot. even less momentum. however, the good news is that 1) he doesnt carry ice beam. 2) scald did not ko 3) now i have a chance to gain back some momentum. now i see another scald coming, and wats better than absorbing attacks and neutralizing stealth rock damage? lapras is swimming to the field.

Start of turn 23
bluemon sent out Lapras!
Pointed stones dug into Lapras!

Lapras lost 163 HP! (35% of its health)

(61%) ->
(41%) vs
(92%)

and the swampert uses earthquake. lapras is freaking shaked by the earth and takes a hefty chunk. i lost another mmentum right here with a series of precise predictions from my opponent. damn. now i definitely see another earthquake coming so i will have to go to my immune pokemon...

Start of turn 24
bluemon called Lapras back!
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!

It had no effect!

(41%) ->
(61%) vs
(98%)

gliscor is unaffected by eq. just the words i wanted to hear. now i gained back the momentum. i can now protect without any worries since rocks are already there. if he switches, great. but otherwise, i am just curious to see what he'll do.

Start of turn 25
Gliscor used Protect!

The foe's Swampert used Roar!

(74%) vs
(100%)

gliscor used protect while the swampert unleashes series of ROARS. now this was unexpected. roar. the one pokemon that i want in front of swampert right now is pikachu. if he goes for the roar again, i will want anything on the field except pikachu. knowing that, he might go for an attac. at this point, knowing that hes going to go or roar, he thinks that i will leave gliscor on the field. with this fact in mind, he will most definitely go for scald. i will switch to lapras knowing this. if he however goes for roar, i still have a chance to get pikachu on the field, so lapras is the best choice.

Start of turn 26
bluemon sent out Lapras!

Lapras's Water Absorb absorbs the attack!

(74%) ->
(41%) vs
(100%)

and he used scald. WATER ASORBED. loser. at this point i see two options for swampert: eq or roar. if he goes for earthquake, my only safe switch in will be gliscor.this will be an unfortunate turn of events since he cant do anything but feel threatened. if he decides to go for roar, again anything but pikachu is good, but thats still 25 percent to get pikachu. bad news. at this point the onl valid option seems to sacrifice a pokemon. in this case, heracross is to valuable, gliscor wall everything, lapras has water absorb and a SE PRIORITY against salamence... i guess infernape already did its job. im sorry :(

Start of turn 27
bluemon called Lapras back!
bluemon sent out Infernape!
Pointed stones dug into Infernape!

It's super effective!
Infernape lost 127 HP! (43% of its health)
Infernape fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Pikachu!

(41%) ->
(0%) ->
(81%) vs
(100%)

swampert used earthquake and there goes infernape. sad news. however, being a great teammate, infernape provided a safe switch in for pikachu. precious. now swampert is on the side of scary stuff. a grass knot will ohko and pikachu obviously outspeeds. right now idont care about any switch ins since swampert caused too much damage and a kill... pikachu has to avenge Infernape's death FAST. grass knot.

Start of turn 28
mudkip4prez called Swampert back!

Pikachu used Grass Knot!
A critical hit!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 50% of its health!

(81%) vs
(52%)

the wrath from infernape's death showed its power in terms of a crit when the opponent switched to conkeldurr. its at pretty low health now, and i am sure he will mach punch me. I need to wall him, so i will get my gliscor out there.

Start of turn 29

The foe's Conkeldurr used Drain Punch!
Gliscor lost 40 HP! (11% of its health)
Gliscor had its energy drained!

(81%) ->
(64%) vs
(58%)

he goes for a freaking drain punch. does not matter, as i took little pitiful damage from the punch and can OHKO WITH ACROBATICS. the move seems obvious now, and any switch in will not appreciate a 165 bp attack.

Start of turn 30
mudkip4prez sent out Salamence! (Salamence)

The foe's Salamence intimidates Gliscor!
Gliscor's Attack fell!
Gliscor used Acrobatics!
The foe's Salamence lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Salamence fainted!

the clown comes back out and in comes... salamence to get koed in place of the clown. touching story. now that salamence died, he gets a free switch in.

(76%) -1 attack vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

it turns out this switch in is azumarill... which can KO MY MIGHTY GLISCOR. i have to predict to see what move he will lock himself into. i predict waterfall, but he might see lapras coming in and use superpower. Protect your wings Gliscor! Youre about to get HIT

10 TURN SUMMARY (5-3)

Bluemon: Muk (0) Infernape (0) Pikachu (81) Gliscor (76) Lapras (41) Heracross (100)

Mudkip4prez: Ferrothorn (0) Latios (0) Salamence (0) Conkeldurr (58) Azumarill (100) Swampert (100)

Start of turn 31
Gliscor used Protect!

The foe's AZUMARILL used Ice Punch!

(88%) vs
(100%)

I protect and he decides to ice punch me. Good move. Now my lapras can come in unscathed (x4 resist ftw) and curse up/ rest. I am 99% sure he is banded unless he was… faking it.. I have to hope for the best. Okay. I doubt ice punch will do any significant damage to lapras so I will switch in.

Start of turn 32
bluemon sent out Lapras!

Lapras lost 45 HP! (9% of its health)

(88%) ->
(7%) vs
(100%)

lapras takes pitiful damage, but is at low health now, due to stealth rocks. If he decides to stay in hoping to ohko with ice punch, then curse will be ideal to prevent that. But however if he switches, which he most likely will, to conkeldurr, then i am killed by a mach punch. Seems like time to go to sleep lapras! Then u can curse up all u want.

Start of turn 33
Lapras used Rest!
Lapras went to sleep and became healthy!
Lapras ate its Chesto Berry!
Lapras woke up!

Lapras lost 51 HP! (10% of its health)

(90%) vs
(100%)

Now isn’t sleeping just GREAT? Now if we can get you a female lapras you can sleep with… we can have a bunch laprases :D oh well. I am sure he is going to switch to his conkeldurr now. So if I don’t want to take a SE drain punch in my face, my best bet would be to switch to Gliscor. However, he might know this and keep his Azumarill in, to hit my Gliscor with a 4x SE attack. Besides, cursing right in front of conkeldurr isn’t that bad. So knowing he will outpredict me, I will not predict at all and stay with lapras. also, he saw me switching between gliscor and lapras last time.. soo..

Start of turn 34
Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

Lapras lost 33 HP! (7% of its health)

(83%) +1 attack +1 defense -1 speed vs
(100%)

GREAT. He did stay in hoping for a Gliscor switch in, huh? Sometimes playing dumb is the best way to go. Now that I have a curse up, it will be harder for conkeldurr to switch in and bulk up alongside me. I have never cursed up right alongside to conkeldurr but I am sure I can handle a silly clown. I am pretty sure my opponent won’t make the same mistake he made last time by keeping Azumarill in.. curses again!

Start of turn 35
mudkip4prez called AZUMARILL back!

Lapras used Curse!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Defense rose!
Lapras's Speed fell!

(83%) +2 attack +2 defense -2 speed vs
(100%) ->
(64%)

Ohhh hooo hoo. Here comes the clown!!! Now this clown, I am not sure if he will be able to defeat lapras one on one. I was able to beat a lot of things that are running bulk up, but I am not sure about this particular clown. At this point, a move where I switched out to Gliscor, then back to lapras seems good on paper, but I lose out precious health because of stealth rock, and I also lose some momentum with the +2 attack and stuff. I will just have to attack continuously. Then if I lose the war, I can easily revenge with Gliscor. Good plan. Yes.

Start of turn 36
It's super effective!
Lapras lost 150 HP! (32% of its health)
Lapras had its energy drained!

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 39% of its health!

(51%) +2 attack +2 defense -2 speed vs
(51%)

OH SHIT. That drain punch did A LOT. Healed a lot too. Well, as this point, I am pretty much screwed. now i am starting to have doubts about my pokemon... my pokemon... especially pikachu, have been with me all my life, training against legendary pokemon and wooden dummies... are these worthless?! even at +2 defense, takes 33? sigh.. gotta go back to pallet town.anyways.. i am pretty sure lapras is dead weight when he switches, so i gotta stay in and do the best i can. at this point, we are both at half health, and he can get his health back when he attacks. unfair. the loch ness monster HAS to have something like that up its sleeve (pokemon trivia, lapras's design is based on the loch ness monster).. well... im sure i can do some damage before dying. waterfall.

Start of turn 37
It's super effective!
Lapras lost 158 HP! (34% of its health)

Lapras used Waterfall!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 44% of its health!

i am at pretty low health, so i gotta make my last blow before dying to a drain punch (or mach punch... might not ko tho.) all rightyy. ice shard. goo.

(15%) +2 attack +2 defense -2 speed vs
(38%)

Start of turn 38
Lapras used Ice Shard!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 21% of its health!

It's super effective!
Lapras lost 72 HP! (15% of its health)
Lapras fainted!

(0%) +2 attack +2 defense -2 speed ->
(69%) vs
(22%)

Oops. I have no idea why I switched into Pikachu. I forgot that this guy carried super strong priority. However, Pikachu is pretty much a death fodder now, so I don’t mind. Just gotta switch back to Gliscor…

Start of turn 39

The foe's Conkeldurr used Mach Punch!
Gliscor lost 21 HP! (6% of its health)

(69%) ->
(70%) vs
(27%)

BAM. Now I got poison healed, took that mach punch like a champ, and can revenge kill the conkeldurr. Great. acrobatics, go!

Start of turn 40
Gliscor used Acrobatics!
It's super effective!
The foe's Conkeldurr lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Conkeldurr fainted!

that revenged conkeldurr, and now i am left with three pokemon against his two. lets see... its swampert vs my gliscor. at this point he will definitely go for scald. my gliscor cannot take more than two scalds... my pikachu cannot either. he dies to everything. however, my unrevealed member has surprisingly high special defense. u will be surprised... but he is a physical attacker that cant 2HKO swampert, while swampert can 2HKO him on the switch... and also, theres that 30 burn rate... WAIT. 30 BURN RATE. MY HERACROSS HAS GUTS AND WITH THE GUTS BOOST, i can DEFINITELY 2HKO. now, hax has to work against me. this is that weird point in time where HAX Against me is really benefitting me. please burn me, scald. BURN. But before that… I gotta protect for posion heal ;)

(82%) vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

10 TURN SUMMARY (3-2)

Bluemon: Muk (0) Infernape (0) Lapras (0) Pikachu (69) Gliscor (82) Heracross (100)

Mudkip4prez: Ferrothorn (0) Latios (0) Salamence (0) Conkeldurr (0) Azumarill (100) Swampert (100)

Start of turn 41
Gliscor used Protect!

(94%) vs
(100%)

Okay. Healed. Now BURN.

Start of turn 42
bluemon sent out Heracross!
Pointed stones dug into Heracross!

Heracross lost 93 HP! (30% of its health)

(94%) ->
(55%) vs
(100%)

Awww shoot. Scald did more than I thought, and it didn’t burn. WHY DOEST HAX HAPPENED WHEN YOU NEED IT TO??? UGH. Now I just gotta attack with my strongest attack to get a 3HKO (2HKO with burn). If I don’t get burned, Swampert will beat me. But I can revenge kill him.. I think.

Start of turn 43
Heracross used Megahorn!
The foe's Swampert lost 40% of its health!

Heracross lost 90 HP! (29% of its health)
Heracross was burned!

Heracross is hurt by its burn!

(14%) BURNED/ GUTS ACTIVATED vs
(65%)

And I am BURNED, baby :D The next scald managed to get a burn, which means GUTS BOOST. Now that its doing 50% more damage, I will be able to kill the Swampert. Thank you, hax. Well, its kinda bad for me, but good for me. U know what I mean? Well now, we are even. After I kill the Swampert, he is left with Azumarill who can aqua jet Gliscor supereffectively and OHKO Pikachu. i will have to take repeated aquajets (because if he uses anyother move with azumaril, he will be locked in and with his horrible speed, get revenged by my pikachu.) all right. lets see what you can do gliscor.

Start of turn 44
Heracross used Megahorn!
The foe's Swampert lost 65% of its health!
The foe's Swampert fainted!

Heracross is hurt by its burn!

(2%) vs
(0%) ->
(100%)

Okay. So Heracross DOES get to kill Swampert with his gut boost. Heracross is such a beast. I love this guy. Now the moment of truth. Heracross is waiting to be revenged killed, and I am sure my opponent will aquajet. He is a smart guy. Good job heracross. u rock

Start of turn 45
The foe's AZUMARILL used Aqua Jet!
Heracross lost 8 HP! (2% of its health)
Heracross fainted!

(0%) ->
(70%) vs
(100%)

Yup. Azumarill is officially locked into a water priority move. Now I just have to kill him with my Gliscor. I am not sure how well he would take CB huge power aquajets.. but lets hope it doesn’t 2HKO. I will have to alternate between acrobatics and protect to stall out damage and heal.

Start of turn 46
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 162 HP! (46% of its health)

Gliscor used Acrobatics!
The foe's AZUMARILL lost 35% of its health!

(48%) vs
(65%)

That is pretty good actually. Less than 50 percent, and factoring in poison heal, I lose about a third of my health. Now I gotta protect. I am thinking about switching out to Pikachu after a protect sometime, so that I could protect more.

Start of turn 47
Gliscor used Protect!

(60%) vs
(65%)

Protect! Now I can take 2 more aqua jets, while he will be 2HKOed. DAMN.

Start of turn 48
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 162 HP! (46% of its health)

Gliscor used Acrobatics!
The foe's AZUMARILL lost 34% of its health!

(32%) vs
(29%)

Okay. Another repeated turn. Now… I don’t think I can survive another aquajet so I will have to protect.

Start of turn 49
Gliscor used Protect!

(44%) vs
(29%)

OH SHOOT. Aqua jet has been doing an average of 45 % and now… I am at 44 %. Shoot. Sooo what if I switch out of Gliscor, sacrifice my Pikachu, and then protect again? That seems like a good plan. GO.

Start of turn 50

Pikachu lost 107 HP! (50% of its health)
Pikachu fainted!

(44%) ->
(0%) ->
(32%) vs
(29%)

Ah shoot. Stealth rock damage. Stealth rock damage mediated the poison heal health, so.. I just ended up in the same spot. I don’t know what to expect from this game now. But.. If I believe in myself, I might be able to win. Even Pikachu, since the day I met him, have been sacrificing his life to save me from pigeons, mewtwos, mind-controlled pokemon…. And now, its my turn to win a battle so that I could live upto my name as… THE GREATEST… beacues I wanna be… the very best.

Start of turn 51
Gliscor used Protect!

(44%) vs
(29%)

This is the moment…. Will my Gliscor live an aqua jet?? Lets find out… in the next episode.

<TO BE CONTINUED>

Who’s that pokemon?

Start of turn 52
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 152 HP! (43% of its health)

Gliscor used Acrobatics!
The foe's AZUMARILL lost 29% of its health!
The foe's AZUMARILL fainted!

(1%) vs
(0%)

GLISCOR LIVES. With 1 HP. :D

bluemon won the battle!

What a great battle. Props to all my teammates for doing SOMETHING.
NOW THE MVP………………..

EVERYONE. Especially MUK and Gliscor.

MUk weakened half the team to be revenged by my other pokemon, while Gliscor, you know, walling stuff since…. The 4th gen..? :D

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Amazing warstory dude. Great commentary, great predictions, great theme and amazing battle.

10/10

looking forward to your next one

Ahh this was good. Only thing that annoyed me was the excessive caps and excessive Brock/KUM jokes. Now to look embarrassed in true anime style. T-T While it was a good Theme-story (good regular story too), I still liked Chou Tisho's better.
About the actual battle, lot's of clever switching, and beast Muk, but Infernape and Heracross didn't do much. And Pikachu needs more love. T-T

8.5/10

PS: I just realized from the picture how frickin' huge Gliscor is. O_O And how the hell is Grass Knot a Contact and Special move at the same time? O_o

While the battle was good, the commentary felt rushed. You used way too many random caps, and didn't punctuate when you needed to. Your Flareon story was better. 7/10, but still a Luvdisc.

On turn 12 and 13, you mentioned him being able to switch Ferrothorn in, although it had been KO'ed by Infernape earlier in the match.

Nitpicks aside, it was good (I don't like using numbers for rating).

And Benny, a few other Special attacks are contact as well, such as Wring Out.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was an awesome warstory. Cool team, too. Also, I never realized how gigantic Gliscor actually is until I saw that picture 0_o

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mediocre plays at some part (How your opponent handled Muk and how Muk handled Latios) but the end-play, commentary, and your team made up for it.

Where is the Staraptor and Sceptile?

Fun read though. I liked Chou's more, but still great.

WHY HASN'T GAMEFREAK RELEASED LIGHT BALL IN GEN 5?

Once the Light Ball is officially released, probably through a special BW event, that is when Pika shall rise (and thus, be actually useful on Smogon). Gamefreak had better see this.

Indeed, access to priority (Shadow Sneak) is one of Muk's advantages over Snorlax, and it saved you there. Would this fight be any different had Snorlax taken Muk's spot? Even with the exact same RN's (and thus the exact same hax)?

Awesome warstory man !

I really love this kind of warstory :D

There is someone else that did a similar battle but with the team rocker pokes, awesome too.

(2nd warstory I've read. Nice team, Nice predictions and nice commentary.

10/10

I really did love your sarcasm (fake or not) and the seriousness at the same time.

And how the hell is Grass Knot a Contact and Special move at the same time? O_o
The description says the user trips the user with a vine, so physical contact.

Anyways, I liked this. Good commentary, good battle (although the opponent could've played a little better...). You did go a bit overboard with the Brock and kum jokes though. I always loved Ash's Muk though, so thank you for using him :D

8.5/10

Sexual humor + Pokemon = not funny...ever. That said, other than that, I really enjoyed the warstory. The theme was cool, and it was well-played, for the most part. Don't overestimate boosted bulk, though; +2 defense is only doubled, and Lapras was going up against a 75 BP STAB supereffective attack. It lost about a third of its HP, which means it would've lost 2/3 if it hadn't boosted. That sounds pretty reasonable (or even good) to me. Lapras vs. Conkeldurr will never be pretty.

Also, I think you would've had a guaranteed win (bar a crit) if you had just Protected the turn Gliscor came in after Azumarill KO'd Heracross. I was wondering why you didn't do that, and it nearly cost you the match.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Go go Muk. Really love themed warstories and this was probably the best I've read. Well done!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)