| 9 | Thundurus | 81525 | 13.4315 |
| 11 | Heatran | 77828 | 12.8224 |
| 13 | Reuniclus | 64779 | 10.6725 |
| 14 | Skarmory | 62638 | 10.3198 |
| 16 | Conkeldurr | 56681 | 9.3384 |
| 17 | Gengar | 55771 | 9.1884 |
| 18 | Jellicent | 53611 | 8.8326 |
| 20 | Magnezone | 47609 | 7.8437 |

I've cut out the ones that are pretty exclusively weather (including Dragonite and Starmie!)
Also, Garchomp, since he's no longer around.
...So, uhh, how is that Sand/Rain only? Specifically, what about Heatran, Conkeldurr, Gengar and Magnezone?

Ferrothorn/Scizor--can be used on both rain/sand teams.
Gliscor--Excadrill check
Latios--Rain-boosted Surf aside nothing much
Rotom-W--Versatile on any team that isn't sun but extremely deadly in rain.
Thundurus--see above, add in annoying factor, minus the sun part
Heatran--benefits from both sun/sand if anything. You don't see Heatrans on rain/hail, don't you? It still functions fine outside of weather though.
Reuniclus--can't really care
Skarm--see above
Conkelderp--see above
Gengar--see above
Jelly--Rain helps by giving it extra power in Scald, but that's about it.
Maggy--realistically speaking he's used to kill Skarmory.

Yeah, Mixmence still wrecks shop, but he really needs to forgo Outrage for Roost if he wants to retain some survivability. The SR weakness really hurts him.

[Pokemon Uses]
Mm, pretty much the way I saw it. It's nothing to do with the Pokemon being good in weather, it's more that they're reliable both in and out of weather. Something like Toxicroak isn't near the top because it sucks outside of Rain - something has to be consistent and reliable, not just situationally good.

Looks like Whimsicott and Tornadus are UU, well, i'm out *shoots himself*
*shows Paradoxus Bouffalant*
*Paradoxus is revived*

Bouffalant has Sap Sipper and a powerful STAB move that does as much as a SE Wild Charge.

Sap Sipper absorbs all grass moves so Whimsicott loses completely.

Same thing can go for Tornadus.

Do you know how dangerous Tailwind / Rain Teams will be now, and Espeon is out, so who is going to counter Whimsicott? Xatu may be good, but most teams with Whimsicott will probably carry Zapdos or some shit. Thats just 2 more Tailwind supporters

Do you know how dangerous Tailwind / Rain Teams will be now, and Espeon is out, so who is going to counter Whimsicott? Xatu may be good, but most teams with Whimsicott will probably carry Zapdos or some shit. Thats just 2 more Tailwind supporters
Tornadus is much less effective without Drizzle around and you can always change the weather to get rid of the rain. Whimsicott is deadweight against Roserade and Shaymin, who laugh at it completely. It will never break any tier that have any grass types that are even semi-viable.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tornadus will just set up rain dance. after that he has a choice of spamming hurrican (which will be stupidly effective) or switching to kingdra/ kabutops who then proceed to break shit. sure he wont be as effective without infinite rain, he will be a top threat. nothing common in UU (outside of jolteon,raikou, and azelf) will be able to outspeed him, and priority rain is pretty amazing for a last ditch effort before dying (only arcanine espeed and weavile ice shard will outspeed that)

tailwind... i dont blieve you can actually base a team off of that, but on erufuun and tornadobro it will be an issue. literally if you know your dying, you can just set up a tailwind, let something stupidly powerful but not that fast (cb heracross comes to mind) come in and just kill things. saying these wont be threats is pretty insane in my opinion. also
1)who uses other weather besides abomasnow
2) saying you can just change the weather is stupid cause we could say that for ou (where there is a lot more permaweather), but that doesnt stop dory or toxicroak from being huge threats.

so unless every team in UU, where there isnt much need for weather changers, runs an aboma or the weather moves, tornadus will be a huge threat. erufuun isnt going to break the tier, but it will still be a good annoyer, especially with raptor gone.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tornadus will just set up rain dance. after that he has a choice of spamming hurrican (which will be stupidly effective) or U-Turning to kingdra/ kabutops who then proceed to break shit. sure he wont be as effective without infinite rain, he will be a top threat. nothing common in UU (outside of jolteon,raikou, and azelf) will be able to outspeed him, and priority rain is pretty amazing for a last ditch effort before dying (only arcanine espeed and weavile ice shard will outspeed that)

tailwind... i dont blieve you can actually base a team off of that, but on erufuun and tornadobro it will be an issue. literally if you know your dying, you can just set up a tailwind, let something stupidly powerful but not that fast (cb heracross comes to mind) come in and just kill things. saying these wont be threats is pretty insane in my opinion. also
1)who uses other weather besides abomasnow
2) saying you can just change the weather is stupid cause we could say that for ou (where there is a lot more permaweather), but that doesnt stop dory or toxicroak from being huge threats.

so unless every team in UU, where there isnt much need for weather changers, runs an aboma or the weather moves, tornadus will be a huge threat. erufuun isnt going to break the tier, but it will still be a good annoyer, especially with raptor gone.
Fixed. He will U-Turn meaning that you aren't even able to attempt to double switch to a rain sweeper counter.

Tornadus in rain was overpowered until everyone started using Jirachi (seriously Hurricane + Focus Blast coverage was strong as fuck)

Anyway, I saw tons of Latias yesterday (before the server went down), geez, [hipster mode on]I was using Sub CM Latias since months and now everyone use her, I don't feel special anymore u_u, Oh well, I still have my cm Jirachi[/hipster mode off] but I can't test it if the server is dead :/

hell yes stay high up there heatran buddy. I will keep using you on my ou teams.

oh and if lucario goes to uu he will be banned so quickly.......... swords dance extremspeed = awesome

As for Azumarill? That's what Team Preveiw and Prediction is for.

Seriously, run:
Waterfall [Or Ice Punch if you fear Dragons]/Aqua Jet/Superpower/Toxic

You know that Team Preveiw that showed you Jellicent/Slowbro? Throw a Toxic at them, they hate that.

The Sand Team has Ferrothorn? OHKO with Superpower.

It's BECAUSE Azumarill is so simple, the switch-in is also usually blatently obvious. Which allows you to use the right move to deal massive damage, or, even better, Double Switch to a counter, forceing out their Excadrill/Landlos/Volcarona/Terrakion/Whatever due to Azumarill's sheer presence.

Lack of divesity in most Sand teams also goes a long way. You just know that their Water check will be either Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Vaporeon or Slowbro. MAYBE Virizion at a reach.

And, as for Hazards, there's this little thing called Taunt, and another little thing called Rapid Spin. There's also this thing called Wish.

Not to mention most of Azumarill's checks get ripped apart by said hazards equally badly.
Or use expert belt Azu. OHKOing a d-nite with ice punch, then OHKOing a dory/infernape/ferrothorn revenge killer who still thinks you have choice band, is awesome.
But seriously, there are only a handful of wish-users, and rapid spin users that wont miss that fourth move slot. Vaporeon wont be switching into azus attacks and vice versa. blissey/ chansey maybe. Starmie isnt exactly awesome team synergy either. Jirachi is definately the best wishing teammate for it to dodge fire attacks, but it wont heal as much.

Yes it is (assuming SR). If Zapdos is invested enough to survive a Double Edge from Staraptor, it can't outspeed and even the bulkiest Zapdos is 2HKO'd. Have you even played this UU at all this month?

Hitmontop is a great check to Staraptor with Technitop, so that's a bit of a stupid thing to say too. Its number 3 for a very good reason (not to mention that Hitmontop either checks a shit load of stuff or counters stuff that gives Staraptor a bit of trouble such as Registeel and Rhyperior [both of which are wrecked by CC anyway]).
Though to be fair Technitop is rarely used this gen since between the power of Close Combat or HJK is quite significant. Furthermore the actual reason Top is so high ranked is this gen has shit for Rapid Spinners. Hazards are so gamebreaking that if you do not pack a Xatu or Spinner you're gonna get ripped apart or at least be at a severe disadvantage.

With that said most will prefer Intimidate to give Top higher bulk and more chances of switching in to pull off that spin. With the amount of bulky ghosts in this gen every last bit of bulk is important as it will be taking hazard damage. It could actually be said this gen is completely dominated by bulky pokemon.

Or use expert belt Azu. OHKOing a d-nite with ice punch, then OHKOing a dory/infernape/ferrothorn revenge killer who still thinks you have choice band, is awesome.
But seriously, there are only a handful of wish-users, and rapid spin users that wont miss that fourth move slot. Vaporeon wont be switching into azus attacks and vice versa. blissey/ chansey maybe. Starmie isnt exactly awesome team synergy either. Jirachi is definately the best wishing teammate for it to dodge fire attacks, but it wont heal as much.
Yeah, I use Wish + U-Turn Jirachi.

Especially as it helps to lure in Ground types, and it heals enough to offset hazards.

Thanks for the stats.

I'm surprised not many people are using Carracosta in OU. It works excellently on Rain teams and slaughters Sand teams after a Shell Smash (which is really easy to pull off). It can even beat Sun teams and other Rain teams (and probably Hail, lol), and it's still very useful outside of weather. Quagsire pretty much walls him, but Carracosta has been the MVP of my Rain team pretty much every game.

I really hope Whimsicott drops so I can use it in UU.

Since they never seem to be acnowlaged, I'm gonna take a look at the top 20 in Ubers.

+ ---- + --------------- + ---- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Usge | Percent |
+ ---- + --------------- + ---- + ------- +
| 1 | Kyogre | 8483 | 35.8993 |
| 2 | Mewtwo | 7612 | 32.2133 |
| 3 | Groudon | 6310 | 26.7033 |
| 4 | Ferrothorn | 5840 | 24.7143 |
| 5 | Dialga | 5019 | 21.2399 |
| 6 | Palkia | 4923 | 20.8337 |
| 7 | Darkrai | 4779 | 20.2243 |
| 8 | Arceus | 4549 | 19.2510 |
| 9 | Zekrom | 4319 | 18.2776 |
| 10 | Giratina-O | 3658 | 15.4803 |
| 11 | Rayquaza | 3641 | 15.4084 |
| 12 | Garchomp | 3389 | 14.3419 |
| 13 | Forretress | 3223 | 13.6394 |
| 14 | Lugia | 3118 | 13.1951 |
| 15 | Reshiram | 3061 | 12.9539 |
| 16 | Giratina | 2412 | 10.2074 |
| 17 | Blaziken | 2389 | 10.1100 |
| 18 | Ho-Oh | 2313 | 9.7884 |
| 19 | Arceus-Ghost | 1877 | 7.9433 |
| 20 | Tyranitar | 1792 | 7.5836 |

#1 is Kyogre... no surprise here.
#2 is Mewtwo, I guess that's not surprising.
#3 is Groudon... another obvious one.
#4 is Ferrothorn... WHAT IN THE WORLD?!
#5 is Dialga, not surprising.
#6 is Palkia, another absolute beast who deserves his spot.
#7 is Darkrai, it deserves to be there.
#8 is Arceus, not suprising.
#9 is Zekrom, always good to kill Kyogres with.
#10 is Giratina-O, not surprising, as these guys are common.
#11 is Rayquaza, another monster.
#12 is Garchomp, a little surprising I guess.
#13 is 0Offensive pressence...
#14 is Lugia, a great wall,
#15 is Reshiram, an absalute beast under the sun.
#16 is Giratina, the wall that lives forever.
#17 is Blaziken, I think the chicken is deserving of that spot.
#18 is Ho-Oh, another great Pokemon. 4x Stealth Rock Weakness hurts it though.
#19 is Ghost Arceus, I'm yet to see one of these, and I've done quite a few battles.
#20 is Tyranitar... a little surprising...

Thoughts remarks etc. I want to here more about the thoughts on Ubers, I know they exist.

Ferrothorn is as much an annoying prick under Rain in Ubers as it is in OU. Being a fantastic check to stuff like Zekrom and Kyogre definitely helps and there's a lot less scary fighting types used in ubers, from what little experience I have with it.

Ferrothorn is as much an annoying prick under Rain in Ubers as it is in OU. Being a fantastic check to stuff like Zekrom and Kyogre definitely helps and there's a lot less scary fighting types used in ubers, from what little experience I have with it.
It surprises me that it's used in Ubers as much as it is. Over things like Zekrom, Dialga, Darkrai, and even Shaymin-S?

Stupid Ferrothorn craze >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)