Goku Vs. Superman

Goku vs. Superman. Who would win?

• Goku

Votes: 112 70.9%
  • Superman

Votes: 46 29.1%

• Total voters
Goku could've beaten Cell, but instead chose to give Gohan the opportunity so that he could develop SSJ2.

And Goku has children whereas Superman iirc, doesn't, giving him far more motivation to stay alive and win.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
<@vadre> az can i have permission to bujmp the goku v superman thread
<@vadre> i feel very passionately about this important issue
<&az> ok

superman in the current dcu is still better than goku. even if he "cant kill," he has the phantom zone projector and can just banish goku's bitch ass to the phantom zone after wrecking his shit. a big part of the reason supes seems not-so-universe-bendingly powerful is because if he does anything wrong people die, period. his heat vision can basically trash cities on its own, but supes never uses it. if he killed then he could just liquidize any enemy he came across. goku never has to hold back, and in fact if he holds back, the universe ends. so, we get to see goku cut loose all the time, but see superman restrained. as for goku's "superior knowledge of combat," superman has a perfect memory, allowing him to memorize goku's attack patterns and respond accordingly.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i never really looked at this thread but fucking hell, why so many goku votes

it would be so one sided superman might even laugh at the end

and that's so unlike him it's weird guys

Uhh, Goku, 'cause Superman's 'powerlevel' is probably on par with like Chiaotzu.
Well, I'm exaggerating, but I totally think Goku could kick his ass. >:D

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
you;'re all morons

every single one of you that has mentioned goku's power or abilities

the only thing that matters is kryptonite

goku is toast

i voted goku because he is cooler

also kamehamehas aren't made of kryptonite

piccolo is

these are two pretty poorly written characters but superman is way more bullshit.

do you guys think goku could win the FIRST fight (ie no bullshit training or near-death saiyan shit) with the help of all his friends? and don't give me that justice league shit, superman's friends (except i guess the flash cos of dumb speed) are pasty ass pussy bitches compared to the Z senshi

and also this discussion should be superman v gohan, he is stronger than goku with supreme kai's magical unlocked potential bullshit

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i never really looked at this thread but fucking hell, why so many goku votes

it would be so one sided superman might even laugh at the end

and that's so unlike him it's weird guys
Goku has more votes because he is more awesome and doesn't wear spandex. Seriously, it ended up as a popularity contest.

Goku is a better character, with more popularity (amongst our generation) in large part because he IS imperfect, has weird character quirks (like a ridiculous gluttony and an irrational fear of needles/his wife), and the like. They're both aliens, but Goku is far more human.

The votes end up as a popularity contest (as I predicted it would...) because no one knows enough about superman.

They just don't know.
Why don't they know? Because spandex is lame, and so is Superman, pretty much...

On another note, I'm afraid I just can't see the rhyme or reason in bumping Vader :P This topic was ass and you know it.

Goku could've beaten Cell, but instead chose to give Gohan the opportunity so that he could develop SSJ2.
Goku was getting ass-raped by cell, what the fuck are you talking about? Goku had zero chance to win. Goku reached his utmost limits in his training, and realized he didn't have the same inner potential as Gohan.

Somehow, the writers forgot this, which is why the Majin Boo arc was retarded. DBZ should have ended after the Cell plot, really it would have been a much better ending. Sure the Majin Boo arch had some great epic moments (Majin Vegeta), but really, these things could have (SHOULD have) been done in movie or OAV form...

Well, DBZ is far from alone when it comes to Shonen series that don't know how to quit when they're ahead...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Goku was getting ass-raped by cell, what the fuck are you talking about? Goku had zero chance to win. Goku reached his utmost limits in his training, and realized he didn't have the same inner potential as Gohan.

Somehow, the writers forgot this, which is why the Majin Boo arc was retarded. DBZ should have ended after the Cell plot, really it would have been a much better ending. Sure the Majin Boo arch had some great epic moments (Majin Vegeta), but really, these things could have (SHOULD have) been done in movie or OAV form...

Well, DBZ is far from alone when it comes to Shonen series that don't know how to quit when they're ahead...
TBH I think the whole thing was a plot device for them to finally settle the Goku vs. Vegeta rematch that had been foreshadowed since Vegeta's first loss in the Saiyan Saga and their subsequent joining forces (which never really happened with the Androids or Cell because of hyperbolic time chamber training nonsense and the Cell Games 1v1 crap) Majin Buu was just sorta there to be a villian that was basically Cell + Magic. Seriously, I thought Cell had asinine regeneration, Buu just jacked that up to 11 for no reason, and he absorbed things to boot. About the only cool thing was watching the various transformations from Fat Buu to Buff (Super) Buu to Kid Buu. In any case GT was the problem with arc overextension, I though the Z series ended off on a good note with Goku about to fight Uub in the WMAT.

But in any case I stick by my assessment Supes would win because against Darkseid he pulled a bunch of DBZ moves for lack of a better term. Darkseid for his part could be right at home as a DBZ villain. He even has laser eyes. Supes is definitely capable of hanging with at least the Z warriors, and that's just anime. His comics, especially the campy ones, are just ludicrous. The regular laws of physics simply do not apply to the DC Universe.

Superman suffers from being too old of a character. How the hell do you keep things interesting for 80+ years of comics? You make up incredible amounts of bullshit. For all that time the stakes had to be raised again and again, eventually resulting in superman becoming one step short of god.

That and the thing about fights in DBZ/GT was that they never really scale power levels very well (hence why the concept was all but dropped altogether after the frieza saga). At some point the scouters just started exploding and the heroes would "sense" how scary and powerful an enemy was. I mean, frieza could destroy an entire planet and kill almost all of the saiyans with one blast from his finger, but is beaten by Goku when he goes super saiyan. While DBZ should have ended after Goku beat frieza (for the first time, no bullshit GT re kills), Goku does end up becoming Super Saiyan 4, then fuses with Vegeta to form Gogeto to become ridiculously powerful. The only reason that he didn't immediately kill the enemy was that he clowned around too much, which is an admittedly weak reason.

That being said, I find it reasonable to assume that, if Goku were presented with a challenge on par with Superman, he would either fight by himself or realize the danger and fuse with Vegeta (Vegito being weaker but permanent, Gogeta being uber powerful but temporary). The thing is, SS4 Gogeta never showed much of his power at all, even when fighting the guy who beat SS4 Goku/Vegeta's asses easily.

Combine this with the aforementioned legendary amount of bullshit that superman's powers can do, and I think there's no clear winner. I voted for Goku, but really, it's amazing that people still read superman comics after all of the ridiculous things that have gone on in that series.

Keep in mind that I've never actually read a superman comic book because I was too busy watching all of DBZ and skimming through GT.

Lv 100 Goku
Set: Superman Counter
Goku@Kryptonite
Ability: Guts
Adamant/Bold/Hasty
~Bulk Up
~Giga Impact
~Recover/Wish/Bide
~Hyper Beam
252 Atk/252 SpAtk/252 Spd/9001 HP

Can't believe the joke wasn't done already

I haven't read Superman either (well, except Doomsday) but for some strange reason I know all his powers
And while is true that we have never seen SSJ4 Gogeto's full power, Superman's immunity to energy attacks is pretty hard to ignore, which means that unless Gogeto can do something retarded like destroying a full galaxy with his own fists (or breaking dimensions like Superboy Prime) it will be very hard to win against Supes

PD: :U

Lv 100 Goku
Set: Superman Counter
Goku@Kryptonite
Ability: Guts
Adamant/Bold/Hasty
~Bulk Up
~Giga Impact
~Recover/Wish/Bide
~Hyper Beam
252 Atk/252 SpAtk/252 Spd/9001 HP
Actually the kryptonite is hazardous for every life being, so if Superman can taunt Goku while he's recharging, he will end outstalling the saiyan with his own item (yes Superman its actually resistant to kryptonite, which it's another dumbfuckery in all his "Mary Sueness"), also, no Aura Sphere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)