HeadGust Team (lol Tailwind puns) for Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so here is my 2nd RMT here in the VGC section. This is a complete opposite of my Trick Room team, as it's based around Tailwind.

Leads:

"Cyclonus" the Tornadus @Flying Gem
Jolly
252 Atk. 252 Spd 4 HP
-Tailwind
-Acrobatics
-Protect
-Taunt

My Tailwind setup. With Prankster, he is guaranteed a Tailwind and lets my team outspeed most of the common pokes. Taunt is for TR users like Jellicent, Chandelure, or even Cofagrigus. It can also render Amoonguss and Whimsicott nearly useless! Protect is to scout and Acrobatics will put a decent chunk in anything that doesn't resist.

"Teryakimon" the Terrakion @Chople Berry
Jolly
248 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP 4 Def

-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Safeguard
-Quick Attack

Ah, Terrakion, the common partner to Tornadus. Close Combat will do good damage to some of the Pokemon that resist Acrobatics like Bisharp and others. Rock Slide is a great move that's STABed and deals damage to both of the opponent's pokes. Safeguard is if Tornadus is asleep because of Amoonguss. Quick Attack is for sashers that aren't Chandelure.

Physical Attackers:

"Hax"R"Us" the Haxorus @Haban Berry (unsure)
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
-Protect
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Claw

To start off, I'm unsure about Haban Berry because I heard it was unreleased but I remember having it through DW... OK, so protect is for scouting. EQ works well with my team because 2 are immune and only 1 can be damaged by it because of Protect. Rock Slide, IMO is mandatory on every Phys. attacker because of spread damage. dragon Claw is a superb STAB and deals massive damage and sometimes even OHKOs!

"LarryPlatt" the Scrafty @Sitrus Berry
Moxie
Jolly
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
-Fake Out
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Protect

trololololololololololol Max Speed Scrafty. It outspeeds other Scrafty and has a bit of surprise element. Fake Out is staple and can stop some pokes from setting up. Drain Punch over HJK for reliability and the common protect. Crunch is a great STAB that can stop Ghosts right in their tracks. protect is to scout and such.

Special Attackers:

"VGenieC" the Thundurus @Charti Berry
Modest
252 Sp.Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Flying)
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute

Electric Gem, STABed Thunderbolt coming off of a 125 base Sp.Atk hurts most and OHKO's Tornadus and other pokemon. Hidden Power Flying gives him another STAB and can also hurt Whimsicott, Amoonguss, and common Fake Out users. Priority Thunder Wave is simply amazing! Substitute can preserve him and somewhat scout.

"HoyJit See" the Jellicent @Water Gem
Cursed Body
Modest
252 SpA 252 Spd 4 Sp. Def
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
-Water Spout

Jellicent is a great special attacker whick might replace Zoroark. Water Gem booster Water Spout does MASSIVE damage to most of the common threats. Ice beam is for coverage on Flying types and Rock types like Terrakion. Ice Beam is for Whimsicott, and Amoonguss. Shadow ball will stop the 3 most common trick Roomers in their tracks. Protect is to scout and stall TR or opposing Tailwind. Can someone also suggestme some creative nicknames preferablyrelated to Chinese/ Asian food.

Use chople berry on Terrakion and use Focus Sash on Mienshao.
Scarf on Terrakion might be useful against double genies or just thundurus in general.

Zoroark is kind of bad in general... if you want to use it you can but I think you could replace it with something that functions better in tailwind. The choice is up to you really.

It's really up to you. You can put whatever you want in that spot. Something like Jellicent running max speed could work. I'll draw it out...

Jellicent @ Water Gem
Ability: Cursed Body
Modest 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 in HP or something
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
Fits the team has it's a special attacker and not weak to ice or rock.

It's really up to you. You can put whatever you want in that spot. Something like Jellicent running max speed could work. I'll draw it out...

Jellicent @ Water Gem
Ability: Cursed Body
Modest 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 in HP or something
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Protect
Fits the team has it's a special attacker and not weak to ice or rock.
OK, cool. Any other suggestions?

7. Bumping. If your team is interesting enough to comment on, people will do it for you. If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After you have bumped your thread once, or after it has been inactive for two weeks, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes. "Stealth Bumps" will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts, so do yourself and us a favor and do not even attempt this.
You've had four bumps in three days and haven't updated the OP.

Change a lot off things. For start, 2 fake outers in the same team is bad :S. I reccomend to you, that change braviary 4 amoongus, and jellicent 4 jellicent scarf. The team rest now: Haxorus DDancer, Thundurus, Tornadus, Amoongus, Mienshao, Jellicent scarf.

Change a lot off things. For start, 2 fake outers in the same team is bad :S. I reccomend to you, that change braviary 4 amoongus, and jellicent 4 jellicent scarf. The team rest now: Haxorus DDancer, Thundurus, Tornadus, Amoongus, Mienshao, Jellicent scarf.
I said Scrafty was a POSSIBLE change and I'm not including Braviary... OK Scarf Jellicent will do but what should I replace with protect?

Many times I've been told Scrafty > Mienshao, due to his higher bulk, great STAB and Moxie, but Mienshao is stronger and has Wide Guard, as well as Inner Focus. However, as Lucien said, it's your team.

And now a few pointers, Protect is as useful as almost anything on Terrakion, and you can already Taunt Amoonguss with Tornadus, so you might want to replace Safeguard. Most of your team is fine other than that, but Jellicent shouldn't be using Protect. You'll probably want Psychic in that slot for dealing with Conkeldurr, to name one thing. You should also be running Timid nature, as max speed + neutral nature + Choice Scarf = 168, Thundurus' max speed = 179, so it revenges you with ease. However, 236 speed + positive nature + Choice Scarf = 181, so you beat the genies. Just FYI.

So some of the changes you've made aren't all for the best. In fact some are pointless. Actually... Bafurons rate imo was pretty bad.

I didn't even notice the safeguard on Terrakion... but Protect is needed.

Jellicent really shouldn't be scarfed. You're using a tailwind team. There's no point in overkill speed. I disagree with that very strongly. I doubt he even noticed it was a tailwind team...

HP Ice should be used >> HP flying on Thundurus. I doubt it can OHKO any of the pokemon listed which HP Ice hits more VGC pokes super effectice. It was a nice idea though.

So some of the changes you've made aren't all for the best. In fact some are pointless. Actually... Bafurons rate imo was pretty bad.

I didn't even notice the safeguard on Terrakion... but Protect is needed.

Jellicent really shouldn't be scarfed. You're using a tailwind team. There's no point in overkill speed. I disagree with that very strongly. I doubt he even noticed it was a tailwind team...

HP Ice should be used >> HP flying on Thundurus. I doubt it can OHKO any of the pokemon listed which HP Ice hits more VGC pokes super effectice. It was a nice idea though.
Which item on Jelli? Water Gem again?

Scarf TW Jelli's not that bad, it's a great bluff and is a great first-turn counter for Terra, Thundur, etc. who all give Torna a bad time. Torna returns the favour by removing Amoonguss, and such like.

And HP Fly is better than HP Ice. The only types Ice hits se that Fly doesn't are Ground, Dragon and Flying, the latter being weak to Electric anyway. There are only 2 Dragons in 11, Haxorus and Hydreigon. The former is frail, the latter is beaten by Scrafty. As for ground types, they're beaten by Jelli.

Scarf TW Jelli's not that bad, it's a great bluff and is a great first-turn counter for Terra, Thundur, etc. who all give Torna a bad time. Torna returns the favour by removing Amoonguss, and such like.

And HP Fly is better than HP Ice. The only types Ice hits se that Fly doesn't are Ground, Dragon and Flying, the latter being weak to Electric anyway. There are only 2 Dragons in 11, Haxorus and Hydreigon. The former is frail, the latter is beaten by Scrafty. As for ground types, they're beaten by Jelli.
I'm just wondering, wat does TW mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)