Slayer Vodka 4th Gen OU

Here be my 4th Gen team, Slayer Vodka. Don't think too much into the name, because your head will ache. Very similar to another team i posted recently, but plays differently.

>>> SlayerVodka <<<

Quick overview: Metagross/Tyranitar/Vaporeon/Weezing/Scizor/Heatran 0/6 weak to rocks, 4/6 immune to toxic spikes, with exception of Lead, does not like status, only has protect/sub/lum berry to deal with it. 3/6 with recovery moves, Several type immunitys, good resistances, and no more than 2 pokemon weak to the same type. 1 with stealthrocks, 1 with roar, 1 scarfer, 2 priority move user for revenge killing, 1 setup sweepers, 2 dedicated walls one with wilowisp, one with wish, 3 physical attackers, 3 special attackers. Uses sandstorm, with 4 sandstorm immunities.

#1.

M e t a g r o s s ; (Red Eyes) @ Lum Berry
ABILITY: Clear Body
NATURE: +atk/-sp.atk Nature
EV's: +180 Hp / +250 ATK / +80 Speed
-------------------------------------
1 Earthquake
2 Stealth Rocks
3 Bullet Punch
4 Zen Headbutt

“Very effective at setting up rocks, eating status from status leads, bulky and defensive enough to take any Non stab EQ or Firepunch, Revenge kills with bullet punch. Often Attracts Special attackers, for which i switch into Tyranitar or Vaporeon. If they're trying to kill me with Earthquakes, i can switch into weezing. This usually gets up rocks and kills something, and i can save it for later to kill off 20% hp things with bullet punch."

#2.

T y r a n i t a r ; (Rave Boss) @Choice Scarf
ABILITY: Sand Stream
NATURE: +atk/-sp.atk nature
EV's: +252 atk / +252 speed / +6 hp
--------------------------------------
1 Earthquake
2 Crunch
3 Toxic
4 Stone Edge

“Choice scarf Tyranitar kills many of his own counters, i'll often switch him into a resisted attack like heatwave aimed at Metagross, just for them to stay in and get 1 shotted by a super effective attack. If they're focus sashed, they'll die to sandstorm most of the time anyways. Works as a good revenge killer vs moderate speeded opponents and slower. I used to run Pursuit, but i find that my opponents will almost always stay in expecting to outspeed me. Or if they switch out they won't realize im scarfed and ill KO their switch with second attack after stealthrocks. Toxic is used if i expect switch, or just really want to gimp a special sweeper. Followed usually by me switching into vaporeon.

W e e z i n g ; (Smoke) @ Leftovers
ABILITY: Levitate
NATURE: +Def/-atk nature
EV's: +252 def / +252 hp / +6 sp.atk
-----------------------------------
1 Wilo'Wisp
2 Pain Split
3 Thunderbolt
4 Fireblast

“Dedicated physical wall, and answer to fighting types threatening tyranitar / Earthquake uses. Also deals with Gyrados and Scizor. Also can use Wil'O Wisp on physical sweepers. Pain Split allows some longevity vs bulky pokes. Type wise, shares a nice synergy with Tyranitar, offering immunity to ground attacks, and resistance to fighting. While also having it's psychic weakness covered by tyranitar / special attacks in general."

V a p o r e o n ; (Vodka) @ Leftovers
ABILITY: Water Absorb
NATURE: +def/-Atk. Nature
EV's: +248 hp / +232 sp.def / +40 def
------------------------------------
1 Roar
2 Protect
3 Surf
4 Wish

“My Phaser, wish passer and mixed waller, i switch in on any setup, or fire/water move. Or if an opposing wall has been burned or poisoned from Heatran, Tyranitar or weezing. Useful for healing allies. The 110 base power surf is also decent for dealing with infernape, and heatran”

S c i z o r ; (Slayer) @ Leftovers
ABILITY: Technician
NATURE: +SP.Def/-SP.atk
EV's: +250 hp / +100 atk / +100 Sp.def / +60 Speed
----------------------------------
1 Bullet Punch
2 Superpower
3 Roost
4 Swordsdance

"Baits fire attacks to boost heatran's flashfire, and on Burned opponents, attempts to setup swords dances, and sweep with bullet punch/ non booster superpower deals with rock/steal types.

H e a t r a n ; (Necronic) @ Lifeorb
ABILITY: Flash Fire
NATURE: +Speed/-atk nature
EV's: +252 sp.atk / +252 speed / +6 hp
--------------------------------
1 Flamethrower
2 Earth Power
3 Substitute
4 Toxic

"Brought in on fire attacks aimed at Metagross or Scizor, then if i can force a switch i setup a sub, and heatwave or toxic whatever comes in, Earthpower is to deal with Opposing Hetrans."

(((NOTE))): I have been updating this post with changes to team, if you don't feel like reading all the suggestions made by others, and think you have a good suggestion, then just skip to bottom and post, i don't mind if same idea is repeated. Thx every1 who has given suggestions thus far.

1)CursePert is a relic from third generation. It worked great then, but with so many Taunters and Phasers running around now, it's become less useful. In addition, almost every bulky water in the game beats this set all day long. Running a Dragon Dance Gyarados is a much better choice, as he can at least hurt Bulky waters trying to switch in. Here's the most popular set:

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant Nature, 156 HP, 72 Att, 96, 184 Spe
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Stone Edge/Bounce

Dragon Dance on something you force out, and Taunt anything trying to Phase or status you. Waterfall is STAB, and Stone Edge is for coverage. Bounce is an option too, and hits Bulky Waters harder than SE would.

2)Weezing makes a lackluster physical wall in OU. True, it stops Scizor cold in its tracks, but it doesn't fare nearly as well against other premiere physical threats such as Snorlax, who can easily rest off anything Weezing throws at him; and Dragonite/Infernape, both of who often go mixed. Its pitifully low Sp.D and HP just seal the deal. I'd replace him with a Gliscor. Gliscor stops almost every physical threat in the tier, has much more reliable recovery, and can stop setup sweepers cold. Here's my recommended set:

Gliscor@Leftovers
Jolly Nature, 252HP,4Def,252Spe
Taunt
Roost
Earthquake
U-Turn/Toxic

Taunt stops setup pokemon and status users, while Roost is reliable recovery. Earthquake is your primary STAB. U-Turn provides scouting, while Toxic lets you hurt a few threats that you wall but otherwise can't touch, such as Dragonite.

It's worth noting that Gyarados and Gliscor have good synergy with each other. Gyarados will take any Water attacks aimed at Gliscor, while Gliscor switches in for free on Electric moves and can give Gyarados setup opportunities with Taunt.

3)Run Pursuit over Roar on T-Tar. I know you said you haven't found success with it in the past, but it's immensely helpful for picking off Ghosts and weakened pokemon. I'd give it another chance.

I hope that helps, and good luck!

2Sly4U much thanks appreciated for your input. I rarely ever use roar (once in a blue moon) so i will consider pursuit again.

I have never played against snorlax online before, although i can see how it would be trouble. But i fail to see how gliscor would work in place of weezing, its 4x weak to ice, and would bring my team up to 4 ice weaknesses with 1 resist and 1 neutral, (i do however like the toxic/taunt combo on it.)

Maybe people on Pokelab are bad but i've never had taunt used on my swampert :p, and while he get's phased now and then, he has taken out whole teams lacking a grass move many times before, but i'll try Gyrados inplace of him on an altered version of the team, also i've been considering suicune in this slot also, what would u think of it?

If you read this again a non ice weak wall suggestion over weezing would be appreciated and considered.

I'd advise against Suicune. If you use it, then your team will only have two physical attackers, and one of those is your lead. Gyarados is a much better choice.

Gliscor would only give you 3 ice weaknesses, but that's still a lot. Tyranitar is who I assume you think is ice weak, but actually isn't.

As for another physical wall, Dusknoir can fill a role similar to your Weezing, but with a bit power behind its attacks. It has an abysmal HP stat like your current wall, but makes up for it with great defensive stats on both ends. It learns Will-O-Wisp and Pain split, and has good synergy with T-tar: Tyranitar Pursuit traps ghosts who threaten 'Noir, while Dusknoir has a free switch on fighting moves aimed at T-Tar. Here's a good walling set:

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Impish Nature, 252HP, 28 Att, 228 Def
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Earthquake
An Elemental Punch/Shadow Sneak

You know how the first two moves work. Earthquake destroys Heatran and Infernape (among others). The last move depends on what you want to hit. Ice Punch handles dragons, Fire Punch hits Grass-types and Scizor, ThunderPunch handles Gyarados, and Shadow Sneak is nifty STAB priority. If you still want Taunt, you can run it in the 4th slot as well.

Another option is Bronzong. 'Zong resists Ice, and only has one weakness. He can set up Screens, spread status, and explode when he's done. However, his only recovery is Rest, so keep that in mind when making your choice. This is the standard Tank set.

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy Nature, 252 HP, 84 Att, 80 Def, 92 Sp.D ll 2 Spe IVs
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Payback
Earthquake/Explosion/Toxic

Normally Stealth Rock goes in the first moveslot, but Metagross already carries it. Hypnosis lets you put your main counter to sleep, allowing you to wall much more effectively. Gyro Ball is a surprisingly powerful STAB, while Payback hits common switch-ins, such as Rotom and Starmie hard. The last slot is agin up to you. Earthquake maims fire-types, Explosion maims everything (not Ghosts) but kills Bronzong, while Toxic lets you spread additional status around. Rest is even an option if you Don't mind sleeping for two turns.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

I so do not have time to rate unfortunately (although maybe tomorrow if this doesn't get some more), but I just wanted to point out that Weezing is a perfectly good physical wall in OU. You wall pretty much every Fighting type in the game (in particular Breloom and Lucario), and Gyarados, Scizor, and so on. Show the guy some love.

I agree with using Gyarados over Suicune, since it gives you more physical attackers. Although you have to consider using a rapid spinner, because if you are going to use Gyarados you have 2 pokes weak to stealth rock. Therefore you can use Forretress, who can replace Weezing as a physical wall, act as a rapid spinner and lay op spikes. This is the moveset:

Forretress@ leftovers
Relaxed nature (+def/-speed), 252 Hp, 112 Att, 144 Def, 0 IVs speed!
- Spikes/ Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball/ Payback
- Earthquake/ Explosion

Spikes/ Toxic Spikes is your decision.

Gyro Ball usually is better since it gives you STAB and combined with low speed it is better than Payback because ttar already has 2 dark types.

When you choose for Earthquake in the fourth slot I advice you going for Superpower over Earthquake for Tyranitar, because then you already have 3 EQ users and fightning + dark is a good combo. You can also go for Explosion or Pain Split. Pain Split gives you recovery when using at the right time, Explosion is strong but you can also use it on Metagross over Zen Headbutt.

Forretress does give you 4x fire weakness which means with Celebi and Metagross you got 3 fire weaknesses in your team. When using Gyarados it gives you one resistance more.

You can also go for Donphan, since it still is a physical wall, it has the ability to rapid spin and just as Forretress it isn't hit by Ttars sandstorm:

Donphan @ leftovers
Adamant (+att/-spatt) or Impish (+def/-spatt)
252 Hp, 188 att, 68 def
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Assurance/ Roar/ Toxic
- Ice Shard/ Roar/ Toxic

In the third slot you can choose for Assurance because Donphan doesn't have a great speed stat or Roar for scouting. You could even go for Toxic. Ice Shard is for priority.

Hope I helped you and good luck with your team ;)

i am considering taunt on tyranitar over roar, what do you guys think of this?

Also, i've been trying different defensive ghosts inplace of weezing, but i find it less effective so far, weezing has 65 base hp, where as most of the ghosts liek spiritomb and dusknoir have less hp, in exchange for more sp def, but i have zapdos for that purpose, so it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Bzard you're suggesting i bring a third fire type weakness to my team, which would basically allow blaziken or infernape to sweep my whole team. which i don't want.

Taunt is next to worthless on a Choiced pokemon. You're locked into a non-damaging move while the opponent just attacks you. You're better off with Roar.

It is still pretty hard to find someone to replace Weezing. Without it you already have 2 fire, 2 ice, 2 bug and 2 ground weaknesses, meaning you can't replace it by a steel, grass, or ground type. I think you def should consider the Dusknoir set 2sly4u gave or try this Rotom-set:

Rotom-A @ leftovers
Bold Nature, 252 Hp, 168 Def, 88 Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Just like Dusknoir it has Will-O-Wisp + Pain Split and like Weezing it has Thunderbolt but now it is STABed.

You could still try using Weezing since it also had Levitate and good Defenses and to me it fits great in your team with your weaknesses/resistances since Weezings only weakness (psychic) is resisted by Metagross, Celebi and Ttar which is uneffected. Weezing in addition gives you ground resistance for Metagross and Ttar and Fightning resistance for Ttar. Another thing why you could still use Weezing is because it has Fire Blast and it is your only fire type attack since you can't use a fire type because of Ground weakness and a fire + flying is no option because of Stealth Rock.

I agree with 2sly4u that Taunt is useless on a Choiced poke. I also don't see why you would use Roar because you will attack last anyways if your opponent attacks you, meaning your choiced item is useless if you're locked into it. You could try either Pursuit, Superpower or and Elemental Punch over it since you already said you didn't use Roar often.

So i have read everyone's comments, and i have taken a different route to try and fix weaknesses suggested by commentors. Even though many have suggested removing weezing, i have found it sufficient at doing it's job, and have kept it, however i have made heavy changes to team around it.

Previously: Metagross/Tyranitar/Weezing/Zapdos/Swampert/Celebii

Currently: Metagross/Tyranitar/Weezing/Vaporeon/Scizor/Heatran

Vaporeon is replacing Zapdos as a special wall, but also acting as a physical wall, as well as phaser and wishpasser. It has more Hp, Type synergises better with team, and doesn't have a stealth rock weakness. It does however, remove a ground immunity, which my team likes, resulting in only 1 immunity to ground attacks in weezing, so i'm open to ideas here. Scizor is replacing Swampert as my setup sweeper, which has nice resistances to everything not fire, and can setup on switches or burned opponents, and heal up with roost/ sweep with close combat/bullet punch. If i see a fire attack comming, i can switch into heatran.
Heatran is replacing celebii as my special sweeper, with max sp.atk/speed and a speedy nature, to put a big dent on enemies using heatwave/flash fire boosted heatwave, and sub / toxic to deal with switches to counters.

My experience using this team, is that it does not like status, and it does not like ground attacks, but otehrwise feels pretty solid in most aspects. Thanks for advice so far guys.

Also have been considering options of: Breloom (with poison heal can switch into status, altho spore may be overkill with 3 pokes on my team already using status. But would add a grass type / fighting type to deal with steels and resist ground, and give me a fire/water/grass core) Gengar (adds more powerful special sweeper, which would also have nice type synergy with ttar/metagross, but would most likely remove my only dedicated physical wall, weezing.) Dunno just thinking of other possibilities.

I am seriously having a hard time reading your RMT. I'm not junior modding. :) But I just want to say that this is the proper way on how you would write your pokemon's move's, nature's anything.

Pokemon's Name@Item
Ability:---
EV's:---
Nature:---
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

DESCRIPTION

Lol. Sorry about this. Anyways, your Tyranitar is better at having Pursuit rather than Toxic, since Heatran already has Toxic under it's belt. While Toxic has some good points for Tyranitar, as catching your opponent off guard,( Thinking that you'll Pursuit, but you won't ) Pursuit could be as of better help. Trapping Ghost and Psychic types.

I can't see why you are using Heat Wave over Flamethrower. Higher base power? That's only 5 BP. Heat Wave = 100 BP/90 Accuracy while Flamethrower = 95 BP/100 Accuracy. Flamethrower also has a better PP, so stalling with Heat Wave isn't that great. You are also more likely to miss in Heat Wave as opposed to Flamethrower. Lol. Mind you, a miss could cost you a game dude.

That's all I can suggest. Hope I helped.
Good Luck!

Yeah i meant overheat, but i put in heatwave, and i changed it to flamethrower recently, but hadn't changed it here. Thanks for suggestion none the less. Keep em comming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)