Rarely Used (RU) Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried out this set and I can say, it's beast. After a curse, ice shard will pack quite a punch and it will let you outspeed yanmega and other speedy defensively weak sweepers.
[SET]
name: Curse-swine
move 1: Curse
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Avalanche
move 4: Earthquake
item: Evolite
ability: Snow Cloak
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Speed

If you're gonna use Piloswine, I recommend you use this set instead, Avalanche because it gets base 120 Power when you hit 2nd, and since curse makes you slower you'll almost always hit 2nd, giving you a stab base 120 move to OHKO things Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear would not (eg Gallade). It's also 100% accurate unlike Icicle Crash. Icicle Spear can still be used if you want to break subs, In OU for example, I prefer using Icicle Spear on Mamoswine to break Breloom's Subs, they generally don't expect it.

WinstonShnozwick said:
I tried Drapion out for a bit on a makeshift UU team as a toxic spike layer/absorber. Is Drapion tiered in UU or RU? And he has good stats to go physically defensive or offensive, so what would be suggested? And how to go about it?
People generally prefer using Roserade in UU becuase it can do what Drapion does plus it has some what reliable recovery with Rest + Natural Cure. I think what Drapion has over Roserade is Whirlwind and Typing, Drapion is only weak to Ground, so you could give it Balloon. I don't think Drapion has changed much from gen 4 so you could check the gen 4 move set page for some ideas.

name: Curse-swine
move 1: Curse
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Icicle Crash / Icicle Spear
move 4: Earthquake
item: Evolite
ability: Snow Cloak
nature: Adamant / Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 SpD
Bad EVs are bad. 252 SpD w/ Careful may seem like you're overdoing it, but you have CURSE.

Bad EVs are bad. 252 SpD w/ Careful may seem like you're overdoing it, but you have CURSE.
I always assume Ev-ing HP meant that you increase both your physical and special bulk, anyone here with more knowledge about bulk explain whether or not 252 Evs in HP or SpD would be better?

@Pwnemon/purple crobatchop: the hell are both of you Singaporean .____.

Anyway, to stay on topic, what's the point of EVing your Attack/Defense when you're gonna boost it by Curse anyway? The best EV spread IMO is 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk Sassy for that Piloswine.

I always assume Ev-ing HP meant that you increase both your physical and special bulk, anyone here with more knowledge about bulk explain whether or not 252 Evs in HP or SpD would be better?
Well it really depends, but eviolite users tend to lack HP, so i guess HP investment is welcome. However, curse will cover you good in the defense side leaving you more vulnerable for special attacks, in this case Piloswine already has a nice HP base, so spreading like: 90HP / 162 SpD could save him in some situations. I am talking this from the top of my head, i haven't done an calculations, and i am assuming you want 252atk for more punch power

Piloswine's HP is great as it is and much larger compared to his defenses, so increasing HP is the least efficient way to boost his bulk - also remember that Eviolite boosts defense stats, not HP. You can't double Piloswine's HP (341 with min investment -> 404 max), but with Eviolite you can more than double his special defense (156 -> 360), meaning you can more than double his special bulk by investing in SpD, which you can't do by investing in HP.

252 SpD w/ boosting nature is necessary.

lol TM13 I am not Singaporean, just there lol

Also, did anyone mention eviolite scraggy? I see a 252 HP/252SpD or 252 Atk/252 SpD bulk up set easily available...

[SET]
name: Bulky Scraggy
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Taunt / Rest
item: eviolite
ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD

This thing should be strong enough to tank some hits as long as you avoid Knock off Gligar. Adamant because otherwise the attacking power's ****, and I guess you could Hi Jump Kick if you want, but Drain Punch recovery is much more important without leftovers. iirc Mach Punch users are not that readily available in RU, so maybe even a DD set would work... btw Taunt can stop support and Rest if you have the guts to abuse Shed Skin.

Alternate spread: Careful, 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 SpD, although Attack's ****.

Edit: RU wish support?

I guess its just me, but I'd prefer to run Brave 0 Speed Payback for Bulk Up. Scraggy hits a low 90 Speed if it uses a -Spe nature with 0 IVs, so its not going to be outspeeding much. You lose power(in fact, a lot) against Dusknoir and Cofagrigus though(the only other RU mon you don't outspeed is Ferroseed).

I think this tier will just be a fun tier, where battlers can take their mind of this serious, and frustrating ou tier, and just have a laugh, by using pokemon they wouldnt usually use, and to run some gimicky sets, or creative ones... i cant wait for it.

Durant is like sex down in this tier. Hustle + Hone Claws + a kinda trolly base Speed, but still high + Life Orb + great base Defense + excellent defensive typing = otherworldly late-game (or even mid-game) sweeper with just one turn of setup and the opposing scarfer(s) out of the way.

Durant is like sex down in this tier. Hustle + Hone Claws + a kinda trolly base Speed, but still high + Life Orb + great base Defense + excellent defensive typing = otherworldly late-game (or even mid-game) sweeper with just one turn of setup and the opposing scarfer(s) out of the way.
Which is exactly why it's moving to UU soon, if I remember correctly. Bug type in general is a troll-y attacking type in this since there is little that can wall the bugs.

Perhaps it has already been mentioned, but I wonder when an RU tournament will take place. I suppose the BW dex has to be completed first?

Which is exactly why it's moving to UU soon, if I remember correctly. Bug type in general is a troll-y attacking type in this since there is little that can wall the bugs.
Of course, you have to center a team around it to make it broken in this tier. Otherwise, you'll probably still have a Scarfer ready to put it down by ripping into its pathetic Sp. Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)