Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one were to Trick a Focus Sash on a wild Poke and you catch it/KO it, do you get your sash back after the battle?
In-game, if you use Trick, you don't get your item back after the battle (the same doesn't apply on Random Matchup or the Battle Subway). If you bring the Ponyta to 1 HP and the Sash activates, it's gone forever. If you catch it < 1 HP, then catch it, the Ponyta will have the Focus Sash will be attached to it in the PC.

~What nature is better on DDMence, Naughty or Naive?
~If I want to run Dual Screens Metagross, should I go 252Def/Impish or 252SpD/Careful?
~On Swords Dance Weavile, Ice Punch or Ice Shard?

Please also explain why.

~Whichever lowers the Special Defense stat, if you want to be more physically bulky with Intimidate. If you want them even, go with the nature that lowers Defense.
~252SpD/Careful, because it already has a lot of physically defensive bulk with it.
~I've already answered that.

What would be better for my battle subway team just maken some random team to see if they would work in the random online battles.

Ok my team is shandeler, haxorus, and woulding should i go with politoad or poliwrath

1. Volcarona isn't weak to fire, however they're both weak to flying.
2. The answer to this is to run a couple resists, and you'll be fine.
what are some good teamates for them?

Why isn´t Electivire OU anymore it´s physical attacks got a bit stronger :P

oh please accept my friend request :D

what are some good teamates for them?

Why isn´t Electivire OU anymore it´s physical attacks got a bit stronger :P

oh please accept my friend request :D
Ferrothorn is a good Teammate as it resist Rock and the bugs cover both it's weaknesses

Evire isnt OU because its defenses are almost non-existant and without a Motor Drive boost it's speed is not going to be getting it anywhere.

Ferrothorn is a good Teammate as it resist Rock and the bugs cover both it's weaknesses

Evire isnt OU because its defenses are almost non-existant and without a Motor Drive boost it's speed is not going to be getting it anywhere.
ok so for ferro i run impish?

ok so for ferro i run impish?
Most people run sassy with good special defenses so it can survive some fire attacks like hp fire from a latias. Sassy also boosts gyroball's power.
You should read the ferrothorn analysis to see how players build these things
Actually, I think a good teamate would be Celebi since its dark, bug, and ice weaknesses are covered by Volc and Hera. Also, it kills water types that give volc trouble and can run special attacks to dent physical walls that Hera has trouble with. It can also support with thunderwave since Hera is kinda slow.

Most people run sassy with good special defenses so it can survive some fire attacks like hp fire from a latias. Sassy also boosts gyroball's power.
You should read the ferrothorn analysis to see how players build these things
Actually, I think a good teamate would be Celebi since its dark, bug, and ice weaknesses are covered by Volc and Hera. Also, it kills water types that give volc trouble and can run special attacks to dent physical walls that Hera has trouble with. It can also support with thunderwave since Hera is kinda slow.
yeah umm thing is i have NO way to get a celebi :P

If you give us more info on your team, we may make a better teamate for it. However, some good sweepers/attackers that are also hail inducers, other than Abomasnow(which you probably already should have considered) are Gyarados, Kingdra, Azumaril, l, Swampert(sort of), Milotic, Empoleon, Weavile, and Mamoswine. I mostly recommend Milotic, Empoleon, and swampert as surprise wall hailers, but the others are better sweepers and you did say you needed one. So take your pick.
Ok, here you go;

First off I have a devensive core that deals with hazards and such;
-Empoleon is my special wall and does it very well, laying down rocks and roaring.
-Armaldo takes most physical hits well, being neutral to EQ and fighting, and spins/knock off.
-My main special sweeper, Chandelure.
-My secondary sweeper, Rotom-C, which has trick to dispose of any bulky threat

Then I have a team spot not filled that is for a pokemon with good mixed defenses, but can hit physically very hard. I've had Ferrothorn here, and Metagross here, but can't really pick anyone yet :/

And finally, the spot at which Froslass is sitting in currently, is a spot I think is threat elimination. Froslass is my weather threat eliminator. Any specific major threats in the metagame I need to counter (such as weather), are hopefully countered by the pokemon in this spot.

So I need some assistance with the physical hitting mixed defender and the threat elimination spots.

+Spe, Naïve. Base 100 is a great benchmark to hit when it comes to Speed - I'd always advise a +Spe nature on a Base 100 Speed Pokémon.
But without a +Atk nature, Salamence can't reach 400+ attack...and why is the speed so important when you boost it anyway?
Also, is 252Atk/4SpA/252Spe the spread that should be used with Fire Blast?

But without a +Atk nature, Salamence can't reach 400+ attack...and why is the speed so important when you boost it anyway?
Also, is 252Atk/4SpA/252Spe the spread that should be used with Fire Blast?
Cause there are a lot of guys in the 100 Speed tier, and you can't afford to run a +Atk nature and get murdered by a +Spe Salamence.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Just run Naughty, in the base 100 speed tier almost nothing uses full speed anymore or even a speed bosting nature. With Naughty you outrun scarf rotom-w at +1 and there are almost no other common scarfers between base 86 and 101 (maybe Hydreigon, but i don't see scarf sets often because LO or Expert belt sets are usually better).

I'm using a Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Should I run a Jolly 252 Atk 252 Speed, or should I go bulky? I'm leaning against the Speed-based spread because my primary goal is to set up Sandstorm. What do you think would be most effective?

Can a Charizard (or a Yanmega, or a Moltres, or something that is 4x rock weak) switch in twice while Stealth Rock is active if the Charizard/Yanmega/Moltres has a odd max HP and it doesn't receive or heal any HP?

Just run Naughty, in the base 100 speed tier almost nothing uses full speed anymore or even a speed bosting nature. With Naughty you outrun scarf rotom-w at +1 and there are almost no other common scarfers between base 86 and 101 (maybe Hydreigon, but i don't see scarf sets often because LO or Expert belt sets are usually better).
First you said Naive and now Naughty? I'm a bit confused...what is the standard nature to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)