Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about in triples ? Where say zekrom uses fusion bolt and reshiram uses fusion flare and victini uses fusion bolt ? Do both reshiram and victini get the boost or just reshiram? I ask because technically both are going after the boosting move...
Love to hear the answer...
:)

What are some of the best teammates for Latias?
new page
Infernape. It kills some of Latios's greatest nemesiss, such as Scizor, T-Tar, Blissey, Snorlax, Ferrothorn, and most steel type pokemon. Plus, it gets pretty good synergy with Latios.
also magnezone to kill steels.
There are basically three common things that hamper Latias's sweep (SubCM, I assume?): Tyranitar, Scizor, and Ferrothorn (though Ferrothorn without Gyro Ball is setup fodder). Infernape does take care of these. Mienshao also 1-2HKOes all of them as well as trolling Skarmory switchins by 2HKOing them as well -- Skarmory can, after all, phaze Latias out.
I'm pretty sure they answered your question already, though I'll add Heatran since Latias is weak to bug, dark, ghost, dragon, and ice (which Heatran resists) and resists water, ground, and fighting (which Heatran is weak to).

I'm pretty sure they answered your question already, though I'll add Heatran since Latias is weak to bug, dark, ghost, dragon, and ice (which Heatran resists) and resists water, ground, and fighting (which Heatran is weak to).
Whoops, that's weird, I didn't see their posts...my bad and thanks! :P

Would a joke set of HP-Ice, Focus Blast, Overheat and Thunderbolt work with Specs on a Timid Primeape for lulz? It has pretty much the same coverage that Nidoking has (Ground + Fighting are pretty similar offensive types).

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why wouldn't you just run Infernape as it pretty much does that 100% better.
I've also been having fun with a troll Gengar set of Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / HP Fire / Trick.
The item is Toxic Orb.
Often I'll end up eliminating both Scizor and Blissey as I HP Fire it while it SDs / U-turns and then trick the orb onto Blissey, crippling it for the rest of the match.

People are getting too used to 2 Attacks Gengar :P

Why wouldn't you just run Infernape as it pretty much does that 100% better.
I've also been having fun with a troll Gengar set of Shadow Ball / Focus Blast / HP Fire / Trick.
The item is Toxic Orb.
Often I'll end up eliminating both Scizor and Blissey as I HP Fire it while it SDs / U-turns and then trick the orb onto Blissey, crippling it for the rest of the match.

People are getting too used to 2 Attacks Gengar :P
My Infernape is too busy being a SubPunching Iron Fist Infernape to care about Special attacks.

So, I have a quick question. It might be a little stupid, but what do you guys think is better on Rotom-W ? Hidden Power Fire or Ice ?

On the one hand, Hidden Power Fire would be able to hit Ferrothorn / Skarmory hard, but on the other hand I have run into trouble with a lot of dragons. Also, Salamence is on my team so he should be able to handle steel types with Fire Blast. Let me know cuz I trained a HP ice Rotom and I need to know if I should switch

i use ice on mine and cripple steel switch ins with trickscarf.
dragons dont mind the scarf (dragonite, lati@s, salamence, haxorus) but steels generally hate scarf (ferrothorn, skarmory, scizor to some extent, forretress)

Once I log into the Dream World, does the 1-hour clock continue to run after exiting if I choose to exit without waking? I would think it would pause, but a recent experience has me believing that it keeps running.

Does anyone know what the current UU banlist is? I'm just wondering if we're still going off usage stats, and if there's anything more than Kyurem in BL.

Alright, I know this question is stupid, But for some reason, Whenever I've been using Scald (ON A DS, NOT PO.),
I haven't burned ANYTHING WHILE I WAS IN THE RAIN.
Was this just ~30 matches I've been haxed??? Or Does rain stop the burn from scald???

Hi People what would be the best Ambipom lead . Fake Out , Quick Attack , U Turn , Return. Or Fake Out , Taunt , U Turn , Return . And also what Item , Normal Gem , Silk Scarf or Life Orb?

I am having a very hard time connecting to people via wifi, which in turn is causing me to get less battles than I would like, any advice for rectifying this problem?

If a base 90 Speed Poke with a -speed nature, 31 speed IV, and 4 EVs invested in speed uses a +two speed boosting move, what base speed of Pokes can it out speed...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a neural speed nature, and are fully invested in speed?...

and...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a +speed nature with and are fully invested in speed?

Hi People what would be the best Ambipom lead . Fake Out , Quick Attack , U Turn , Return. Or Fake Out , Taunt , U Turn , Return . And also what Item , Normal Gem , Silk Scarf or Life Orb?
The Second one. Quick attack is useless since you already are faster and you already have a priority move. Life orb is the best item.

If a base 90 Speed Poke with a -speed nature, 31 speed IV, and 4 EVs invested in speed uses a +two speed boosting move, what base speed of Pokes can it out speed...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a neural speed nature, and are fully invested in speed?...

and...

Considering all opposing Pokes to have a +speed nature with and are fully invested in speed?
You would be at 390 speed with those investments.
You will be able to outspeed base 127 speed pokes. So you wont outspeed Jolteon and Aerodactyl.
Is 1662 a good rank? I just downloaded PO, so...

How would one go about calculating the odds of Togekiss not getting hit if using Air Slash (95% acc 60% flinch) against a paralyzed opponent?I'm kinda looking to get the formula (even though math isn't my strong point) so I can also figure out ParaFusion or other problems like an attack against a Sand Veiler.Help is greatly appreciated.

Math calcs it.

There is a 57% chance to flinch (.95 * .6).
There is a 25% chance of full paralysis occurring.

The odds of your opponent moving is .75 * .43 = .3225 or 32.25%.
Accordingly, you have a 67.75% chance of not being hit, or roughly 2/3.

In essence, 1 - odds of breaking free is your chance of not getting hit.
Odds of breaking free would be .75 * .43, right? He needs not to be fully paralyzed, and needs not to be flinched.

This works the same with an opponent with sand veil who is paralyzed when you use Air Slash, or something.

You would have a .95 * .6 * .8 chance to flinch the opponent then, or 45.6% chance. 1 - .456 = .544. 1 - .544 * .75 = .592, or a 59.2% chance of not getting hit when your opponent is paralyzed but has sand veil when using the move Air Slash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)