League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
imo ap shacos are becoming more common lately (in the matches I've been playing) is this some new hip trend build?
It's the new scrub build. I remember this one time I was solo top as Nasus against Shaco. He'd hide in his fucking bush and I'd just farm my Q. I knew what he was doing, he had a Doran's Ring. Sometimes he ran towards me to harass and I'd throw some shit at him and he'd blink away saying "I'm just making you use all of your tricks aren't I?". Then when my Q was farmed to 300 I killed him and three of his other teammates that tried to gank me. He didn't make me use up my best trick apparently.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Happy 1000th LoL thread post

Yeah, I don't get why anybody would bother running AP Shaco. Surely you can do the same with AP Teemo and not be completely useless 90% of the time.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Not the same thing, scrubs play AP Shaco because running into 5 boxes will take damage from all of them. Mushroom damage doesn't stack. Meanwhile AP Teemo is almost more scrubby because you rely on getting kills by pure chance, but in the end is more useful (only in that AP Shaco is not useful at all). You should still be at least Hybrid Teemo, if not full AD.

I thought Teemo and Kog were similar in that on-hit builds worked well on both of them.

Well, Teemo at least HAS AP ratios on more than one skill. Aren't the only two things affected by AP on Shaco his boxes and the damage his clone does when it explodes (which barely counts as a ratio, IMO)?

teemo and kog are similar in that their damage comes from on-hit, but teemo is tanky dps and should be played as such

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Shaco's thrown dagger also gets an AP bonus, but it gets an AD bonus as well. The point is AD Shaco barely impacts team fights even when doing crazy hallucinate damage. Getting rid of his AD drops him to total uselessness. It's a scrub build because it's used by bad players with the intent of killing bad players. They set traps in bushes and k/d whore. Then when team fights start they lose.

Teemo is not tanky dps, but he's currently best itemized that way because of his incredible squishiness and short range.

Lately, I've taken to describing some champs as having secondary roles. Champions that fulfill a normal team role, but not champs you'd want as the only one filling that role. It's basically like off tanks, but with other roles. For instance Lux and Morgana are good examples of secondary casters. They do a lot of damage, but are more likely to get kill stolen from than other casters so they fill a secondary rather than carry caster role. In that vein I'd say Teemo is a secondary ranged AD. He doesn't snowball, so you might as well give him some defense items to compensate for the fact that people tend to go for him first.

Skarner... A big shit.

He is useless in team fight (no AoE, no damage)
The ultimate has a ridiculous range.
This Q and E are useless.
He is squishy omg.

I never see a good Skarner...

Edit : Teemo a tanky DPS... LMAO

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Skarner... A big shit.

He is useless in team fight (no AoE, no damage)
The ultimate has a ridiculous range.
This Q and E are useless.
He is squishy omg.

I never see a good Skarner...

Edit : Teemo a tanky DPS... LMAO
Build Skarner AP with a Lich Bane, then promptly realize Skarner's good, players are bad.

I have a friend who's doing well with Rylai's Rabadon's Lich Bane boots and tanky items on the Scorpion.

I started play Poppy recently and I completely sucked at first, basically every game where I picked Poppy was = Instaloss.

Then I bought two gold/10 quints and starting using them. Idk if it was the quints or what (earlier sheen, and tier 2 boots for mobility do help) but suddenly it all clicked and I knew who to ult and how to position myself in team fights, how to set up my stun etc.

All Poppy needs is Triforce+Gunblade/Infinity Edge or Rabadon's Deathcap+Lich Bane to just murder everyone. I rarely complain that a char's OP but Poppy, in the right hands is just monstrous

I think I'm going to try Poppy out in ranked soon because I've been looking for a hard carry for a while and she is hands down the scariest char too play against.

Y U STILL HAVE WRIGGLES. BUILD BLOODTHIRSTER

of course if you didn't have the gold then okay

that mumu build makes me want to cry

same with sion - where the fuck is his atmas/PD

karthus's build is strangely viable but ap teemo is not

looks like their kat was doing all the work, but kat can carry 1v5 against a bad team

gz carrying. it's the best feeling when you know you're the sole reason or one of the biggest reasons your team won.

I had like, 9K gold sitting around at the end of the game, I kept forgetting to do it since my team was busy suiciding somewhere. Probably would've subbed out the LW for BC since they built NO ARMOUR if anything, I get Wriggle's for all of its stats, lol.

TheOddOne has a general jungle guide up on Solomid. I haven't been able to check it out yet.
it's nothing special but definitely handy if you're new or inexperienced in jungling. outlines leashes and introduces the double leash which anybody in non-organised play is probably not familiar with

outlines warding which is more the whole team's job but relevant to the jungler in the early phases of play

first ladder game on cybergamer with my team
. i'm playing gangplank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)