(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, how does this compare just using NFE pokes in a tier one lower than the one their evolved form is in? And does this only apply to the second poke in a 3-poke evolution? If so, then the choices seems kind of limited. Much more so than LC
Towards your first question, the difference is that there aren't any fully evolved but low tier pokemon for the mid-evo's to compete with.

Towards your second question, yes, only the second poke in a 3-poke evolution are allowed. That's about 80 out of the 649 compared to Little Cup which has about 225.

Is mixed Grovyle worthwhile? Or even attacking

Brick Break and Leech Seed to beat the Big 3 walls?

DD Fraxure with Lum Berry spaming at least 2 outrages on said walls??

Edit: Doesn't evolite gurduur with guts breaks through those 3 also?

oh wow... I skipped right over Machoke when looking at what learns Knock Off in 4th gen. Oh well, I'm content with my Ivysaur :p
Clefairy would make a good bulky knock off user too with a good ability (magic guard) and reliable recovery in softboiled/wish and give it an evolite.

Clefairy could beat the big 3 walls (Dusclops/Chansey/Porygon2) one on one being immune to Toxic and Burns while it knocks off their evolites.

I'm guessing a set like this

SET]
name: I'll Knock your Evolites out :P
move 1: Knock off
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Wish / Softboiled
move 4: Protect / Seismic Toss
item: Evolite
Ability: Magic Guard
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

yea. that works! but it all depends on what you need. do you NEED to absorb Toxic Spikes and put stuff to sleep or do you want a pokemon like Clefairy who can pass wishes and is already immune to toxic and residual damage? I personally prefer Ivysaur because I think he's bulkier (not too sure) has sleep powder (BIG deal imo) and leech seed can force switches.

Also, Ivysaur is just plain better for my team :p Despite everyone having some sort of imunity to toxic. seriously!

Nuzleaf, Ivysaur, Klang, Dragonair, Duosion, Haunter.

Nuzleaf is meant to just explode anyway so he doesn't matter to me. While Dragonair has Shed Skin which is better for a DDance Dragonair.

^ why do you use klang? it doesn't learn shift gear until level 52 :( and level 50 is the limit.

Oh nevermind, my bad, it's pre-evolution Klink learns shift gear at level 48 , so you could prevent it's evolution until level 48.

That's an interesting Tier :3. I played it with one of my friend... And, as mentioned above, I think it's a little bit unbalanced.

He said it clearly;
... So, a tier where you have Eviolite Chansey, Porygon 2 and Dusclops... And your only Spinners are Wartortle and (event) Graveler... Nothing bad could happen there...

Anyone noticed Hustle Zweilous yet? Just saying... it has the strongest outrage in the game......

Oh and, a tier where Pikachu can rule? AWESOME!

Oh and, how about Eviolite Monferno? A Slack Off / SD / Fire Punch / Close Combat set?

yea. Zweilous is broken but I have a feeling if we were to start banning stuff. he'd be passed by as hustle DOES make you miss a good amount without an Hone Claws bonus.

Duosion is fine. He NEEDS to stay pretty much.

Anyway, played a few battles with my MC team and it's REALLY fun! if only it was recognized to the point where it was added as a playable ladder on our server. Oh well. if we keep pushing for MC who knows! One day it may become like LC :p

I think middle cup should include broken little cup pokemon or uneffective standard pokemon. It'd be cool to see pokemon like Scyther, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Clamperl, Meditite in here

Zweilous is pretty well nerfed by its 80% or lower accuracy, and maybe Eviolite Lairon could take an Outrage or two.

Aw Man. I haven't been here in a while. BUT ANYWAY, It's good to see you guys are such avid MC fans. I'm gonna try pushing to make it a tier. Together, We can do it! (Lol I sound like a kids show),

lol. i just found the best middle cup pokemon ever.

wait for it...

NIDORINO.
it has hustle, it has hone claws, its stabs are almost perfect, (i think it is..) andd... it has sucker punch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)