International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally don't think I've had anyone higher than 1500 not-DC against me. 12-0 with 6 more ended by DC now. Rating climbing incredibly slowly because of it.

Freakin' Lance from New York, Cody from Michigan, and Emile from Maine, among others.

Also the hack check for this apparently doesn't correctly pickup illegal moveset combinations so that's fun. Uwe from Netherlands using Beat Up + Encore Whimsicott apparently so probably you should DC on this person if you get them and you're losing. Counter-bullshit yea!

Getting ready to battle Rube!! Good luck! :)

Good game man. I knew I should've used Sub when you protected. Oh well. That's the game. :)

Oddly, I've battled no terracott teams. I thought i'd see em everywere but none in sight.
Just ran into one of these. It fucked me in the butt then flipped me over and destroyed ma front.

i didn't realise what was happening untill it started doing beat up. Any tips to slip past these bastards?

56 battles in and I finally break the 1700 point. Christ, I have a feeling this is going to be a long weekend...

And I'm beginning to regret not running Charm on my Whimsicott. Physical sweepers errywhere.

Midnights - At the moment my counter them is sending out my mienshao and Krookodile/Electross, depending on their team composition. then I either fake-out their whimsicot or terrakion (FOing whimsicot seems more safe) or use wide guard.

Btw I am bowing down to wide guard so much. Saved my ass so many times, stops terrakion from sweeping and has great synergy with Discharge/EQ combo. And provides lols on explosion users X3

PS. admittedly, realized with all these physical sweepers, Intimidate is giving me a massive advantage every game

On Terracott: If you have Shroom you can Ragepowder to eat the Beat Ups and stop the set-up, I got essentially a free win out of that in Worlds LCQ, it's tough to screw up from Shroom's end.

Otherwise it depends on what pieces you have available, if you have a faster scarfer to kill Terra that's usually the easiest route unless the opponent sees it coming and Protect+Tailwinds. If they do that can be stopped by Faking Whim Out out(it can't Encore unless it's hacked so no threat of that), and if you have something slower than Terra that OHKOs it and the opponent attacks turn one you can just Fake Out Terra and kill it, too. Barring Fake Out or Shroom or sometimes Scarf, hopefully you're carrying a hard counter like Golurk...

Also my whining about DCing and the fact it inspired me to start drinking at 3PM aside I have to say I'm enjoying this in general. It's fun to have everyone playing on Wifi and hanging out online as we play. Have been sitting in the duck channel since I got home from my last midterm chatting and playing mons and blasting Pandora at earsplitting levels, glad this event is happening.

I'm RED in case anyone fights me. Some guy D/Ced before even battling,someone actually has a bad connection.Wish I had something original on my team(vanilluxe is the closest thing)

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Had my first DC: Greg with no location set who was 1704 and had a hard TR team that I destroyed.

I was the one that played Uwe the hacker with the Whimsicott FYI.

Hey, I'm using that too :P
Though I almost never need to use it because I keep playing nobs that can't handle Thundurus/Zebstrika.
i also gave him eq and rock slide...so its a threat any way i go
follow up with terro or carona for a nice secondary sweeper
power herb the carona to trick out waters with solarbeam :)

It appears my original post went unnoticed, so...

Trainer name: Keith

I've had some good battles so far, and I can't say I have too much in the way of regrets about my team. Obviously, I'm not gonna reveal too much about my team here, but you'll know if it's me if you see a Zweilous. Got a rating of 1547 so far, after 15 battles. I'd have fought more battles, but for some reason, this morning, I couldn't find a single opponent at all.

Togedelques: I believe I recently had a match with a RED. My name's Darian, and I was a Amoonguss/Reuniclus lead Trick Room team. Sound familiar?

Additionally: UGH. My game displays 7 matches (6 wins, 1 loss) which is actually significantly less than the number of battles I've really had - somewhere around 15 by now. Had some immediate disconnects, some disconnect just as the battle was ending, and some about halfway through (at the point where I gained an advantage, normally.) This is beginning to get frustrating.

Togedelques: I believe I recently had a match with a RED. My name's Darian, and I was a Amoonguss/Reuniclus lead Trick Room team. Sound familiar?

Additionally: UGH. My game displays 7 matches (6 wins, 1 loss) which is actually significantly less than the number of battles I've really had - somewhere around 15 by now. Had some immediate disconnects, some disconnect just as the battle was ending, and some about halfway through (at the point where I gained an advantage, normally.) This is beginning to get frustrating.
Must be another one,it's understandable that it'd be a common name. I'm finishing up my first match so it's not me.
I have an eelektross+Krookodile combo so look for that.

Must be another one,it's understandable that it'd be a common name. I'm finishing up my first match so it's not me.
I have an eelektross+Krookodile combo so look for that.
Ooh, Eelektross/Krookodile. I like it! Hope to see you!

Edit: Oh, that's weird, just ran up against your combo, but the name's Frank. Still, odd timing.

Toge: True enough, I suppose. Still, it's the first I've seen it, so the timing's interesting.

Aaaand, dear Frank: Go find a cliff or something off of which to jump. If you're going to DC, do it early, NOT when I've taken down your last Pokemon.

Just went up against someone who didn't seem to have adequately prepared for the tournament (his Emboar used moves like Bulldoze and Arm Thrust, his Simisage had Dig, and he used a Liepard). Plus, he only had four Pokémon in his Battle Box- the three I mentioned and a Zebstrika. However, he at least had the decency to forfeit instead of disconnecting on the turn I was about to finish off his last Pokémon.

TR teams are so annoying. Not because I can't deal with them, because their users D/C whenever I knockout their TR set up 'mon on the first turn. :/

Well I broke the 1800 mark at 29-1 and I wanna thank all the free wins I got from trickroom. Seriously amoonguss trolls trickroom so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)