Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Best team styles in the current metagame are probably rain and goodstuff (that is, Pokémon that are all good on their own and work well together without relying on any specific strategy or field effect). But really, any well-built team can succeed if you know what you're going - team style is second to player knowledge and prediction. So just go with what you like using, because you'll probably do better with that.

And yes, all Pokémon are allowed except for mascot and event-only legendaries - same rules as Battle Subway/random Wi-Fi except for Dark Void being banned.

Best team styles in the current metagame are probably rain and goodstuff (that is, Pokémon that are all good on their own and work well together without relying on any specific strategy or field effect). But really, any well-built team can succeed if you know what you're going - team style is second to player knowledge and prediction. So just go with what you like using, because you'll probably do better with that.

And yes, all Pokémon are allowed except for mascot and event-only legendaries - same rules as Battle Subway/random Wi-Fi except for Dark Void being banned.
I see, thanks. I noticed that rain stall has been performing well recently? What are the typical Pokemon in such a team? Drizzle Toed, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Thunderus... any more?

Any Europeans got their 3DS yet? Cause mine still hasn't bloody well arrived, TCPI what are you doing 6-8 weeks my arse. It's nearly Christmas and I still don't have my 3DS. How many weeks is that lol it's uhhh 4 months? I'm not sure... maths is hard. I think it's about 14 weeks.

Any suggestions on who exactly to email about it? Might ask for some compensation lol. Like extra free stuff compensation. I did that with lego once and got some cool stuff like this lanyard with the octopus guy on, which turned out to be a lego staff exclusive.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I got mine and I'm pretty sure Wolfey told me before that his came too but I forget

Yeah, I know Brendan and Enosh got theirs a while back too so I guess all the American 3DS's have came already, just not the European ones.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If you are referring to Toxicroak, it gets Ice Punch as a tutor move in 4th gen and Drain Punch as an egg move in 5th gen.

Well my 3DS actually arrived this morning, so it's kind of cool. Although my brother's already opened it... it's black just like the rest of them.

I have a question, is there a thread/post/page somewhere where I can find all competitive battling terminology? Strategies, etc...? I don't know what people usually mean half the time, so I'd like to find out what certain acronyms and abbreviations stand for.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have a question, is there a thread/post/page somewhere where I can find all competitive battling terminology? Strategies, etc...? I don't know what people usually mean half the time, so I'd like to find out what certain acronyms and abbreviations stand for.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary

A lot of that covers Singles battles related stuff that isn't relevant to VGC but it defines a lot of things that are common to VGC as well.

i feel really stupid asking this,but how do you check the iv's with exact specifics like31/15/31/31/31 just as example

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i feel really stupid asking this,but how do you check the iv's with exact specifics like31/15/31/31/31 just as example
I usually just upload mine to Pokécheck. If you don't use that or don't want to save to check them, you can go to the IV judge in the Battle Subway, or use a calculator like Metalkid's.

Do I need to participate at regionals to get into nationals? Since the april regionals aren't in Indiana I cant afford the trip. (southern Ohio SUCKS!!!!) I'll go to nationals to compete for the first time but I dont want turned away just cuz I couldn't attend a regional.

Do I need to participate at regionals to get into nationals? Since the april regionals aren't in Indiana I cant afford the trip. (southern Ohio SUCKS!!!!) I'll go to nationals to compete for the first time but I dont want turned away just cuz I couldn't attend a regional.
Nationals is an open event, therefore you do not need to go to any regional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)