Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Cosbykid
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cosbykid
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Usa 5 pm- 12 am (weekdays) anytime (weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ou
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am really interested in pokemon! I'm okay at competitive battling but I have many more things to learn. I'm 15 and on my school's basketball team.
I believe that if given a tutor and taught properly to play I can give back to the community and tutor other people who are in the same spot as me.
I am HORRIBle at team building and really need help with that and when I do team build I like to use Volt-Switch.

(I did not get a tutor in previous rounds)

Username: Exclamation!
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Exclamation
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT / It depends. On weekdays from around 6/6:30 to 10. Nearly all day on the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, OU wouldn't hurt either
Tell us a little about yourself: GSC > All

Username: Fatal Warrior
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fatal Warrior
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0, usually 6pm-8pm, but it can vary and be adjustable.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon related - I've been playing pokemon since the RBY (Yellow, Gold and Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl and White), but I never really was into playing competitively. However, recently I got myself in a stressful situation, and decided to give it a chance...And god, I was terrible. I did win my first match, though I'm guessing it was against an "Ubers" Noob. From then on, I've playing around with my team, and I did get a few wins, though the losses still overwhelm them. So I just realised I'm not going anywhere on my own and decided to go to the pros.
Non-Pokemon related - I'm an 19y.o. college student, who gets tired of some stuff amazingly fast. I try to balance the time I use to study with the time I play some games. Well, if someone wants to know more, just ask. I'm not posting my life story :P.

As for the reason I lack posts, its pretty simple. I avoid saying anything if I'm not at least 80% certain of that, which, considering I have no clue what I'm doing, it never happens.

Edit: GG. Its the battle of the fastests xD

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

<b>Username</b>: Golden Gunblade
<b>Age</b>: 38
<b>Pokemon Online</b>: an00bis
<b>Your timezone and usual hours of availability</b>: -8GMT (Pacific Time), practically all day as I'm a stay-at-home dad.
<b>What tier do you want to learn?</b>: BW OU
<b>Tell us a little about yourself</b>: I've been playing pokemon ever since I got Red. Now that I have a son who loves pokemon, I figured I'd get into the "metagame", and (while I have been playing the meta since gen 4), I can't really seem to match my own son's level. I've signed up for Smogon for the sole purpose of becoming better through this program. Anyway, about me personally: As said, I'm a stay at home dad with way too much free time apparently. My hobbies include pokemon, yugioh, Call of Duty, and collecting decorative weapons.

Username: Haki
Pokemon Online: Haki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Tues/Fridays I'm free all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the basics of battling but I've been in a little slump. I was hoping that this program can help me get out of this slump and be a better player. I don't really ladder a lot not because I can't win, but people rage a lot when things do go there way. I don't want to end up raging over pokemon. I actually offer draws when my opponent get hax a lot. The main thing that I really want out of this is to learn to play different styles of battling. I play with the normal style I guess you would call it with defense and offense pokes with good synergy. I hope I get help with my game.
Reason why I should be tutored: I just joined smogon today which is why I don't have 25 post yet, but I am I good learner. If you show me something once, it will stay in my head.

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Agammemnon

Username
: Theebay707
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: STEADY MOBBIN
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT – 8. Available around 4-9 on weekdays, and weekends vary. But usually I’m on all day on the weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing pokemon for about 11 months now. *Currently a Senior in High School. I Love to play basketball when I get bored.​

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: No Respect/Conkers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Im on around 4pm to 2am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a British teenager who has been playing this game for a while now, but I have serious problems when it comes to team building and predictions. I am positive that I will become much better with the help of being tutored, and I may post a lot more in this case. I also have a Youtube account, so I can upload videos of me battling for my subscribers who haven't seen a video from me in a long time
:)

Why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I dont post much, as I am often fairly busy, and I dont really have anything to talk about on this site. I am also rather shy and I am not always completely sure about what I am saying and doing. I do come on here from time to time, normally just to read. I would like to be more active on here and contribute to the forums more, but I just don't really think that what I say and do is direct.

I signed up in the previous round, but didn't get a tutor

Assigned to SkyNet

Username
: Psycho Cut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [BA] Psycho Cut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0, 8pm onwards, more times at weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a normal school kid going through GCSEs, I do athletics, cross-country and swimming competitively, and enjoy other sports such as football and basketball. I also like playing the guitar and listening to music. I've signed up for Tutroing because, although I'm not bad, I've hit a 'roadblock' and can't seem to get any better. Although I did get assigned last time, I didn't really get Tutored. SkyNet has agreed to finish it :)

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username: Brammi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I have various but mainly ILoveLiza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 but on at all times.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm awesome-sauce.

Assigned to Nachos

Username
: HoiPolloi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HoiPolloi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 18:00-23:00; on weekends all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Germany and I still have to go school. My favourite subjects are maths, chemistry and physics. After school I want to study medicine. In my spare time I do athletics, complex origami or obviously play Pokemon. I'm highly motivated to learn new things. If I get a tutor, I hope to improve my battle strategy, and how to make good decisions while battling. A little help in the teambuilding section would be nice too.

I also signed up for round 58 and 57, but I didn't get a tutor both times.

Username: Olympus
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Olympus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT–5, 8:00pm-12:00am (all day on Fri/Sat/Sun)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a university student studying to become an accountant and my hobbies include: playing various sports, girls, music, and competitive pokemon. I’m an average player who struggles with various aspects of the game such as prediction skills and especially team building. I’m hoping to expand my knowledge of the game to hold my own against top players here at smogon as well as to be more active in the community. A tutor with excellent team building knowledge as well as lots of tournament experience would best fit my needs.

Assigned to Ray Jay

Username: Omicron
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Omicron / various alts.... xD
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 / most weekday evenings, more on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC / BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Bloo <3

Assigned to ChouToshio (pending on Juice2403's answer to my "can you work around his timezone" question")

Username: Juice2403
PO Username: Juice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (-5), After 4pm till i go to sleep lol (weekdays except monday before 5:30pm), Anytime weekends
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU/UU Mostly UU but will do either
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Well I plan on going to school to major in computer enigeer/science, I'm a hardcore gamer who loves a challenge more than anything which makes eveything more interesting and entertaining,I'm a dedicated bowler been doing is since i was a kid and plan on doing it in college as well. I love football and baseketball as well and like all kinds of music but mostly dubstep, house, electronica and of course rap.
Less than 25 posts explanation: I should be tutored because i enjoy helping people achieve a goal that there looking to achieve. I also would like to perticipate in forums discussion about any topic because i'm always willing to help others. By me being tutored by someone that's experience I can pass it along to other tutees, because one day i want to be a tutor as well.
Reccomend: Eternal, 3Haunter(alucard), 4Limitless, 5idiotfrommars,2 bloo, Chou Toshio, 1 stone cold

Holy Ninja, this thread racks up posts fast!

Username: Ninja Dewott
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [BA] Ninja Dewott/NinjaDewottRU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, late evinings, 9pm+ ish, and pretty much anytime at weekends, depending on what I'm doing
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fully trained Ninja. Which is cool. I also have a good sense of humour as well, and enjoy having a good laugh. I'm a competitive swimmer and also play tennis and football recreationally. I have other intrests such as Ninjas, Video Games, Reading, Ninjas, Music and Ninjas. Oh, and Ninjas. I want to learn more about RU because I really enjoy the metagame and want to get even better, like, to the point where I can post an RMT just to show off ;)

Assigned to Alice

Username: CZ.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CZ/Bio
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, Nearly everyday except Saturday, 4pm-2am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17, live in England, I had nachos as my tutor last round and learned a lot (thank you nachos), I would like to have someone skillful to talk to and share idea's with, someone easy to get along with who could look at how I battle and improve it with me would help a lot again :D

Reason for less than 25 posts: I don't feel as I should contribute to a topic unless I am 100% correct it will improve the team or the topic in general. I will start being more active on the forums thanks to the help I got last round.

Username: Prete
Pokemon Online Username: Prete
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a second year Maths and Physics student, I don't really do much other than play Pokémon games on my commute. I've always been interested in every aspect of Pokémon but never really got into serious battling because, well to be frank there isn't much IRL of it to be had in Ireland. I'd love to get good at it, and I have been trying to give myself a bit of a start recently, but definitely feel that this is the best push in the right direction I can hope to achieve. And as for my lack of posts, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see I just joined today, purely to sign up for this!

Username: Pokemazter
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pokemazter / Mazz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, availability is usually 5pm - 10pm on weekdays, 3pm - 12am on Weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, as I'd love to improve on my basic skills
Tell us a little about yourself: Just another teenager, like NWO, growing up in Edmonton, AB Canada. Fairly easy to get along with. I have red hair, haters gonna hate, and have been playing Pokemon for most of my life, but have only known about competitive Pokemon for about a year now. I have managed to reach 1200 once or twice, but hax was a big factor in some of those key wins, and I'd greatly appreciate having a tutor, as my current level of skill is nowhere near where I'd like it to be.

Username: Skidilidy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MasterSalsa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: Either BW OU or UU, and even both if possible
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been hanging around Smogon for a while, but only recently have I started commonly posting. I’ll listen and do whatever you say as long as it jibes with me, know what I’m saying? Also I’m shit at battling so you better be prepared to be exasperated…

I’ve posted in a few of the past rounds, but I haven’t been able to post in all the threads due to time constraints.

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
: JackieChun
Pokémon Online Username: JackieChun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Biggest thing I'll have to work on is battling skills, no matter what tier I learn. For ADV OU, I need help on everything though since I basically know next to nothing about 3rd gen.

Other than that, just your average gamer guy. Always have had an eagerness to learn whatever I put my mind to, though.

Assigned to ala

Username: Noodlez
Pokemon Online/ Username: Noodlez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 I can work whenever
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i am noodlez, my adv and dpp skills sucK!!! i can play the piano. i like to play sports like tennis and socker . i play pokemon for about 1 year now ! im only good at bw so i want to learn the other gens !!

Username: paperfairy
Shoddy/PO/Showdown: paperfairy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, EST, most weeknights and a lot on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I've got a strong knowledge in ADV OU, so I'm not a total n00b - I'd just like to get back into the game. I played ADV right up until the "competitive battling enlightenment", when we realized that 4/252/252 weren't always the most appropriate spreads.

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
: Soviet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Soviet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 3PM - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU, DPPt OU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior that enjoys playing basketball, listening to music and pursuing academic goals. I am currently looking to go to college at NC State or Vanderbilt to become a nuclear engineer. I have been playing pokemon competitively for about a year and a half now but still need some work on things such as teambuilding and prediction, as well as older gens. I'm really started to like offense based teams so I'd like to focus on that. I'm hoping the b101 program can do this for me.

Username:skateboard34
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:skateboard34
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST(GMT -5) 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior who plays Pokemon in my spare time, and I want to get more involved in the competitive scene.

Why I should be tutored: I recently discovered the Smogon community and competitive Pokemon battling, and it really interested me. Other than playing through the games, I have no real experience battling and have no idea about strategy, different tiers, etc. I think tutoring would be an awesome opportunity to get better at battling and become more involved in the Pokemon community.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Assigned to Bloo

Username:
Cereza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Cereza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 :: 2:00 PM-7:00 PM{Tuesday-Thursday} 10:00AM-5:00PM {Monday and Saturday}
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well, I'm a 18 year old girl from Long Island. I'm quite clumsy and easily distracted. I'm not that good at battling and would like to learn the basics, at least. Hope I get a noob tutorBloo :pirate:

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to D4RR3N

Username: shnen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: shnen
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, from 5pm to around half 9 on weekdays, and most of the time on weekends if Im not with my friends or doing homework, on the smogon server very often.

What tier do you want to learn:BW UU, RU, and LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old Londoner, in year 9 at secondary school. (I think that's grade 8? Idk, I know nothing about the American schooling system ;P)

I have been playing competitive Pokemon since around July, I'm not too shabby at uu, but despite having tried out many teams, I'm pretty rubbish at OU, struggling to get any higher than 1150 or so. i am also fairly decent at NU, peaking 4th recently.This is mainly down to two factors which I am not particularly good at: team building, and consistent laddering (I tend to have massive downwards spirals after a loss or two). I have okish prediction skills IMO , but I often tend to overlook some key factors causing me to lose a match. I quite like playing either stall or balanced teams, heavy offence just isn't my thing.

Aside from Pokemon I enjoy music a lot, and I have an extremely diverse taste in music, ranging from heavy metal to psychedelic folk to African salsa. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing other ds games (mainly RPGs) and playing the guitar.
Really into NU at the moment, got onto first council!
I go onto IRC fairly regularly, mainly on #pokemon and #neverused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)