Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

To put it bluntly, you're too late. The gym leader process started a while ago and several of the gym leaders, including the steel one (but not the grass one afaik) have already been decided.

Two questions:S
1. Do accuracy-lowering attacks like Sand Attack affect Pokemon with No Guard, or do they still have 100% accurate everything?

2. Will the Gym Leader ever change? (ie if I beat Athenodoros with 6 Water-typed FE's, do I become the new Water Gym Leader?)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i don't know about the latter, but as to the former, everything hits everything when no guard is in play, no matter what

and as far as my understanding of the leader system goes, the gym leaders will retain their leadership position even if they manage to lose under circumstances like that, they will only lose their position if they become inactive or if they consistantly lose fights that they shouldnt be losing

i don't know about the latter, but as to the former, everything hits everything when no guard is in play, no matter what
There is one exception to this: OHKO moves (ie, Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill and Guillotine) are not affected by No Guard - they have their usual accuracy and will miss in circumstances in which they would normally miss.

To my knowledge, the only way for a leader to lose their position is losing 3 of their first 5 battles, inactivity, or probably just being bad enough that the people in charge of gyms (Kaxtar, MK Ultra, Athenodors) kick the leader out. That's all unofficial, btw. (p.s., good luck taking my Steel gym leader spot :))

Quick question:

I just bought a Magikarp. When it evolves, how many moves does it get upon evolution since it cannot learn any TMs, HMs, Tutor Moves, or anything else?

Or do I just save up MCs and any (unlikely) KOCs and teach moves then?

I am just overall confused about moves gained upon evolution...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Quick question:

I just bought a Magikarp. When it evolves, how many moves does it get upon evolution since it cannot learn any TMs, HMs, Tutor Moves, or anything else?

Or do I just save up MCs and any (unlikely) KOCs and teach moves then?

I am just overall confused about moves gained upon evolution...
It does learn Bounce through Tutor, & it can also learn Bubble & Reversal through Special Giveaways? (All of which, Magikarp can start with). Also, when it evolves, it gains any moves Gyarados can learn pre-Lv. 25 automatically, & nothing else.

Also, take note of this.
Registration Tower said:
Pokemon without TMs and Move Selection: If your starting Pokemon does not have any TMs to choose from (e.g. Magikarp, Beldum, Wynaut), it can instead select up to 3 attacks from Move Tutors and Special Giveaways from any generation. This only applies to Pokemon who simply do not have any TMs to choose from; you may not choose to allow Pokemon who do have TMs to take Tutor moves instead.

Is the IRC channel down? I've tried joining on both the CGI IRC login and on Mibbit, and when I do, i'm the only one there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)