Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

The first post of the Battle Tower has the reward info for battlers. Basically, each Pokemon in the battle gets 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DC, or 3 MC if its EC and DC are both full, plus 1 KOC for each KO it gets. Trainers are awarded CC as well based on the size of the match. The rewards for refs are in the Referee Resource thread; they get UC based on the size of the match. Hopefully this helps!

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Since I can't get on irc atm...

Would Heat Wave+Whirlwind be considered a valid combination? What about Tailwind+Whirlwind?

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Heat Wave + Whirlwind is typically considered valid, and usually is interpreted as a multi-target damaging phazing attack.

Tailwind + Whirlwind, I'd say no because Tailwind targets allies only, whereas Whirlwind targets an enemy only. But yes to Heat Wave and Whirlwind because Heat Wave contains a wind component in its flavour description.

I'd say yes to the Tailwind + Whirlwind combo, actually. However, instead of phazing your enemies, you instead phase your own entire side. Of course, that's just my interpretation.

Okay quick question - for a Pokemon with Aftermath, does a Self-Destruct + Explosion combo add 10 BAP to the entire combo or each move individually?

Sivanandi welcome to ASB! To answer your question, you do not have to start with just one Pokemon. Instead, as detailed here, you get 6 Currency Counters, or CC, to spend to purchase the Pokemon you want at the start. The only Pokemon purchasable are first-stage Pokemon or Pokemon that do not evolve (excluding Legendaries). Their CC costs are detailed in this spreadsheet, which also contains their stats as well as descriptions for all moves, abilities, and items in ASB, as well as the movepools of the Pokemon made by the CAP Project, which can also be used here.

I hope you decide to stay with ASB! :D

Sivanandi welcome to ASB! To answer your question, you do not have to start with just one Pokemon. Instead, as detailed here, you get 6 Currency Counters, or CC, to spend to purchase the Pokemon you want at the start. The only Pokemon purchasable are first-stage Pokemon or Pokemon that do not evolve (excluding Legendaries). Their CC costs are detailed in this spreadsheet, which also contains their stats as well as descriptions for all moves, abilities, and items in ASB, as well as the movepools of the Pokemon made by the CAP Project, which can also be used here.

I hope you decide to stay with ASB! :D
thanks a lot!!!!

Also, Sivanandi , you can find most of those rules in the ASB handbook, here. You might also want to join our discord server, where we can usually answer those questions faster.

About CC costs for mons, the general rule of thumb is that Pokémon that do not evolve to or from anything else, like Kangaskhan, cost 4CC, while baby Pokémon that do evolve, like Bulbasaur, cost 2CC. There are exceptions, like mons who used to be fully evolved but got an evolution in a later gen (think Porygon or Sneasel), but you can check those out in the NDA linked by ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)