Apprentice Program: Round Sixty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 60 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

Assigned to ala

Username: Dewhinifier
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Urban Dew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern/gmt -5; 11 am-12 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW RU...pretty much anything though.
Tell us a little about yourself: College freshman who is taking a semester off due to being unprepared mentally and financially. I've played pokes since 1998 and only recently got into it competitively. I'm from the great city of Louisville, Kentucky and attend the University of Louisville.

Signed up for tutoring in round 58, did not get a tutor.

Assigned to LizardMan

Username:
Makaveli3k
Po Username: Varies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 6.00-10.00 On weekdays, weekends If I'm free.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am at college atm, been playing pokemon for about half a year, and am willing to learn more. I love music, and a big fan of rap music. I am flexible as well in anything really. I'm back for another round of tutoring so I can achieve a higher level of play. Been playing pokes since RBY, but did not get into competitive till early 5th gen. I'm up for anything really.

Assigned to Eternal

Username:
WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: No Respect, Conkers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, I am normally available everyday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a british teenager who plays this game for fun,
but I would like to learn how to teambuild and predict better as I feel my abilities of doing these things aren't
really that good. I also wish to be tutored so I can still get decent battles, which means I can hopefully upload more
videos for people who watch my videos on Youtube, not to mention I haven't uploaded in nearlly 5 months. I would like
someone who has a lot of skill and can cator to my timezone without too much trouble :]

I would really like to get a tutor this round, as I didn't get one in round 58 or 59.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username
: phoopes
PO/PS Username: phoopes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 4:00-8:00 P.M., 10:00 P.M.-12:00 Midnight. Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00 P.M.-12:00 Midnight. Saturday: 8:00 P.M.-12:00 Midnight. Sunday: 2:00 P.M.-12:00 Midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: Either BW OU or BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager that has battled competitively since 4th gen. I enjoy playing the piano, the drums, water polo, and basketball in my spare time in addition to Pokemon-related things.
Under 25 Posts explanation: Like I said, I've battled competitively since 4th gen. Ubers have always been my main thing, reaching 4th on Smogon's Uber ladder. I've also had success in DW OU, reaching 19th on Smogon's ladder. However, I've never been any good at BW OU or BW UU. On rare occasions, I reach the 1100 barrier for OU, usually because of hax on my side. With UU... I struggle to break 1000. I'd like to be tutored in either of those tiers because I'd like to improve my comp battling skills, and maybe win a few tournaments. Thanks for the consideration.

Assigned to mostwanted

Username
: Olympus
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Olympus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT–5, 8:00pm-12:00am (all day on Fri/Sat/Sun)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average student… I like sports, music, girls, and of course pokemon. I need someone experienced to help me improve my game.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username:
Asbestospoison
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Asbestospoison
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -4. I'm on Spring Break right now, so I'll be on a lot more this week and next, but when Spring Break ends I'll usually be able to get on 3-6 pm weekdays, and most of the time on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 14 year old kid from NC with lots of free time and an internet connection. This eventually led me to pick up competitive pokemon, which I feel I can improve a lot on. My teambuilding skills are subpar, and I often overlook things. I also want to participate more in the community, but feel I lack the knowledge.

I signed up in the past two rounds of tutoring, and didn't get a tutor either time.

Assigned to macle

Username
: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday 12:15-1:45 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1:15 – 3:30
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster. I signed up four times in the past and still have not been tutored.
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I’ve only been a member of Smogon for about one or two years, and most of that time was spent lurking. I don’t have any experience with 5th Gen, and based off my ladder standings, I suck at 4th Gen, so I don’t feel comfortable posting often.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to StevenSnype

Username
: Joeyboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Joeyboy, Joeyboy1213, j1213
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern Time, mostly after 5pm. Very easy to work around though :)
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 year old college sophomore. Majoring in Psychology with a minor in Creative Writing. I enjoy surfing and hanging out with friends. I invented the question mark and spar with lions in my free time. I once carved an ornate gazebo from single piece of wood. Some people talk in their sleep, I sing harmonic melodies. I now wish to be a Pokemon Master.

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Noodlez

Username:
Theebay707
Pokemon Online: Theebay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT – 7. Available around 4pm-9pm on weekdays, and weekends vary. But usually I’m on all day on the weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing pokemon for about a year now.*
Also, currently a Senior in High School. I Love to play basketball when I get bored.

Assigned to Alucard

Username:
Thepain

Pokemon Online: Thepain

Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 - Available almost anytime weekends, and 6PM - 11PM on weekdays.

What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU and maybe a little B/W UU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Statistics. Things I enjoy doing include listening to music, cycling, sleeping, playing piano, and PKMN of course. My means of communication if required are Skype, Chat Rooms and Xbox Live. I consider myself a half-decent battler, however I often fail to think my moves out efficiently, having a poor sense of Risk vs Reward, this, and some aspects of teambuilding are what I need help with mainly. My favoured battle style currently is stall/semistall, I am yet to grasp it fully though. My main goal is to become capable of laddering effectively with a well built stall team, hopefully 101 will help me achieve this.

Assigned to Eos (BW OU)

Username:
lars
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: lars, various alts with lars in the name
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (central) evenings weekdays and sporadically other times
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU and BW OU tied, followed by DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in college, chemistry major, hopefully will be researching biofuels someday. Played RBY way back in the day, got into online competitive late DPP. I think I'm ok, but really want to improve team building and game play. I recently wrote my first analysis and I really enjoyed it so I hope I can continue to become more involved in the community.

Assigned to yee

Username
: Dongha0216
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dongha
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (PST) Mondays & Tuesdays 7-9 pm, Wednesdays not free, Thursdays 7-9 pm, Fridays not free, Saturdays usually free 4:50 pm-9 pm, and Sundays usually whole day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been waiting to get into Smogon for years (I was too young). I've competitively battled against experienced friends since when I was 9, and I have played Pokemon since about 3. I have managed to teach myself a lot, but I feel like I can learn more from the pros. I am currently in 8th grade and I also like to play sports with friends, such as baseball, whiffle ball, basketball, and football. Also, if I am lucky enough to get a tutor, I can connect via Facebook.
I am generally a very nice person, and I can get along with almost anybody. Also, I enjoy Math immensely; I enjoy solving difficult Math problems during my free time.
Reason of being tutored with less than 25 posts: Even though I have less than 25 posts, I feel like I can contribute much more to Smogon if I learn how to battle better in Pokemon Wi-Fi. Also, I wish to use this opportunity to learn more about some of the great people here at Smogon by learning from a tutor, and to compete and talk with some of the contestants that I'm battling. Also, I have a feeling that this could be one of my last opportunities to learn about Wi-Fi in a WHILE (High School prep) so I would love to learn from one of the pros from Smogon.

Assigned to SevenDeadlySins

Username:
soulless shadow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [MM] goomi123[2]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
monday, tuesday : 7-9 PM GMT -5
wensday: 8-9 PM GMT -5
thursday : most likely not at all
friday: 6-9 PM GMT -5
saturday, sunday: 2-4, 6-9 GMT -5. really depends on what i have planned
Tell us a little about yourself: well, my main hobby is music. listening, playing, all that jazz. i mainly play jazz on the alto sax, but i also play soprano and baritone.

i dunno what qualifies as a good reason to be tutored, but I'm willing to learn and can't wait to be better.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin for ADV OU

Username
: TalkingLion
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TalkingLion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 (EDT): Anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am already pretty decent at BW OU, but I want to learn more ADV and DP for tours and future tournaments and DP seems fun. I'm also good at VGC :D. Outside of Pokemon I enjoy running track, watching movies, and reading books.

Signed up for the last 2 rounds, did not get a tutor.

Assigned to EspyJoel

Username:
Trollmonchan.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: trollmonchan.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5PM - 11PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm terrible at this game.

Assigned to Noodlez

Username
: El Rey
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Monday-Saturday/ I stay up late
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to get better at battling. I've been playing since July 2011 and I've gotten on a stage where I can't seem to get better. I would love to learn how to build better teams and play better. I'm in 8th grade, hardworking, responsible, and friendly. I enjoy playing soccer when I'm bored So getting a tutor would be a great way for me to learn more about competitive battling. I've been lurking around smogon for a while now and saw the tutoring program, I haven't posted a lot on smogon because I didn't want to look like a random noob that knows nothing, so I've been waiting to get tutored to be able to interact more in smogon and get better at the OU metagame.
Why Should I Be Tutored (Less Than 25 Posts): I really want to get better at the game, and getting a tutor would be the best way to improve. I'm at a spot where I can't seem to improve, and I really want to change that. If I do get a tutor, I'd take it 100% seriously and try my best to not let my tutor down.

Assigned to Hugendugen for BW Ubers

Username
: klaxnu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: klaxnu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 but on all the time, usually 14+ hours a day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: After lurking for quite some time I decided I'd give competitive battling a go since I have alot of free time on my hands at the moment and being a part of B101 seems like alot of fun.

I think that I should be Tutored so that I can become a better member and help others in the community as I tend to shy away from posting since I don't have too much to offer. I hope that I can improve with being Tutored and I also hope that someday I can repay others the same

Assigned to SOMALIA

Username
: Fiction.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fiction, guerrilla radio, and a lot of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1. Available pretty much every day. 7pm-11pm on weekdays and all day weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old student living in France. I'm very involved in music, playing drums and bass. I have several ways of contacting my tutor if need be, including Skype and MSN.

Assigned to BKC

Username:
Funkasaurus
Shoddy Username: Funkasaurus, many other alias
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 3:00PM-11:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm seventeen years old, I live in New York, and I'm a senior in high school. I've been playing Pokemon since I was the age of four. However, I've been playing Pokemon competitively since September '08. However, since the beginning of this generation of Pokemon, I had lost interest in playing the game. But, since November of last year, I've wanted to come back. So, I feel this is my opportunity to.
Less than 25 Post Explanation: I think I should be tutored because I have the determination to want to become a good competitive battler.

Username:Zero Hour 17
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Zero Hour 17
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Est timezone. 2-10pm whatever day(s) needed
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU is my main focus
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 21 years old and really want to become a real threat in the current metagame
Under 25 post explaination:I started battling for real after the release of 5th gen and have had decent success. I believe my strength is
in prediction which is getting better with experience. I have had more success in the lower tiers, but I want to become more of a competitor in
standard. I've battled a couple of youtubers during streams and can link to a few videos to show I have atleast a basic understanding of battling
if needed.

Assigned to Delko

UserName: ThatsMyLatios
Pokemon online username: Dalglish/Gawd Awful
TimeZone: GMT+0 Available every day except thursday
Tier to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im from Wales and I have been battling since august 2011. My main hobby is football (soccer) but I spend alot of time playing on PO because im very competitive. I rage about hax alot. I consider myself a decent player at OU but I know I can improve and I am definitly interested in improving. I feel a tutor will definitly benefit me. main thing that I need to improve is team building and I also feel that someone helping me out will be beneficial to motivate me. I know I havent done 25 posts because most of the time I am laddering. Please consider my application.

Assigned to Agammemnon

Username
: Blackserian
Shoddy Username: Blackserian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 6:30 PM to 11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I played through the 4th Metagame in a Portuguese forum but quited just before the 5th came out, so i really dont know anything about this new Gen. I dont have 25 posts but i hope that if i get a tutor i'll improve and learn to fight in this Gen and then contribute in the comunity.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Molk
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Various, i have like 185 alts[
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, im usually up very late though
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU / BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I joined smogon in july, im a pretty good battler in the RU and NU tiers, but both ladders have shown to have been lacking for me lately, getting 1500 on the NU ladder in three hours with little difficulty, i want to learn BW OU and UU for a challenge, (and also cause i suck at OU) and try to become better at the standard tiers and shit. I regularly contribute analyses and sets for the tiers i play to the site and i have 3 suspect votes in RU, i didnt make the senate tho, i can be a little silly sometimes and i like to use gimmicks that work. I hope i get to learn at least one of the respective tiers this round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)