Radioactive

R a d i o a c t i v e

-----
I'm going to make this short. No one wants to read a RMT with 3 paragraph long descriptions full of absolute fluff in each section.

Despite the fact that the BW2 OU metagame is very matchup reliant, this team has proven to be consistent for a few months and it has continually been one of my go-to teams. I originally made this team when I was OST teambuilding with Ojamaa tournament we both excelled in, and that is when the team's framework was created. Creating a defensively based team in the current metagame, one offensive as OU has ever been, requires meticulous member selection to cover the most common threats, and I believe we succeeded. The team presented today has been through several versions, but I believe this is the best assortment of sets that the Pokemon given have to offer. Unlike most defensively based teams, this team utilizes two Calm Mind sweepers to give it offensive prowess and to not be passive. This is why I am rather leery of referring to the team as rain stall; however, at the end of the day it is your average rain team with a few odd kinks to make it ideal. The title is one of my favorite bands at the moment, which I doubt any of you care about. Unlike the previous RMT in this forum referring to Imagine Dragons, this team will not have a Leftovers Magneton. :toast:

-----

POLITOED @
*** AB2
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset: Scald | Ice Beam | Protect | Toxic
---

Obligatory Politoed is obligatory. He may often be useless, but bulky Politoed wins the weather war rather easily. It can switch into Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Ninetales with relative ease and give my team the upper hand in the weather war. Abomasnow is trickier, but if I can keep up Stealth Rock and land a Toxic on it, it becomes much easier to defeat. Sunny Day Ninetales often lacks Solarbeam nowadays, and they often do not enjoy getting Toxic'd either. Both of the weather starters that have the upper hand on this Politoed set are Stealth Rock weak which means that I still have the advantage. I run enough speed EV's on Politoed to outspeed most Jellicent, Wobbuffet, and Skarmory. The lack of Perish Song on Politoed may seem odd, but the team utilizes Jirachi and Latias to sweep endgame rather than Perish Song from Politoed to kill the last Pokemon. Due to the presence of Jirachi on my team, the need for Perish Song disappears due to the fact that Jirachi hard counters Reuniclus. This allows room for Ice Beam. Ice Beam is just clutch for nailing Dragon Dance Dragonite, Salamence, and especially Garchomp. I've found the move so useful from testing. I prefer Protect on this set instead of other options such as Refresh and Encore since it is the most reliable. Scouting moves from Tyranitar, Rotom-W, etc. and racking up Poison damage makes it the best option from experience. I've never talked to AB2, but I like the way he says Polifrog, so I named my Politoed after him.
-----

FERROTHORN @
*** Problems
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD | 30 Spe
Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -SAtk)
Moveset: Power Whip | Bulldoze | Spikes | Leech Seed
---

Ferrothorn in rain is just so useful. It never seems to die with Leech Seed and its myriad of resistances and massive bulk. Ferrothorn has a crucial role in the team since it sets Spikes which builds up passive damage on the opposing team rather easily for Latias and/or Jirachi. As you may have noticed, my Ferrothorn is running a lot more Attack EV's than the typically Ferrothorn. It also is using a rather odd move in Bulldoze. The Attack EV's accomplish a few things. Firstly, it makes Tentacruel think twice before switching in. Tentacruel often can switch into Ferrothorn and beat it with relative ease, but with a timely Power Whip on the switch, it can do around 45% damage which adds up over time. Secondly, Bulldoze coupled Attack EV's allow Ferrothorn to always break SubCM Jirachi's Substitutes so I have an out to it. As Roar was changed to Substitute on Latias in a prior version, I needed a way to defeat Jirachi, so I chose Ferrothorn for the job. Bulldoze Ferrothorn also has a few other things going for it. It lures in Magnezone so it can't try to trap Jirachi with a Specs Thunder, and it also nails Heatran on the switch so it actually troubles Sand stall immensely. Ferrothorn's Steel typing makes it my primary switch-in to things like Lati@s, who can 2HKO Jirachi with Surf in rain, Gyarados, and most Electric-types. The speed IV's let me outslow Forretress so I can Leech Seed it after it Rapid Spins. Ferrothorn is named Problems because he's a horny little chav.
-----

TENTACRUEL @
*** CTC
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 208 HP / 184 Def / 20 SpA / 96 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Moveset: Scald | Protect | Toxic | Rapid Spin
---

Tentacruel is the second half of the standard FerroCruel core. It is easily the best spinner in rain, so why not use him? Between Rain Dish and Protect, it seems to never die, much like Ferrothorn. Tentacruel's typing and defensive abilities overlap with Politoed's somewhat, but Tentacruel has much better survivability and has a Fighting-resistance. It also counters Scizor which Politoed cannot claim. I run Toxic instead of Toxic Spikes on my Tentacruel since Jellicent is such a nuisance, and Toxic'ing things like Tyranitar and Ninetales on the switch is very useful. I could possibly change it to Toxic Spikes for SubCM Keldeo, but I've found Toxic to be very useful. Toxic Spikes aren't very effective in the current metagame. The EV's on my Tentacruel are rather specific. The HP EV's hit a Leftovers number while the SpA EV's allow me to 3HKO Conkeldurr. The Speed EV's let me outspeed Mamoswine, most of both Kyurem formes, Jolly Dragonite, etc. Tentacruel is one of the best Ferrothorn counters with Scald, so I often switch into it with impunity! I prefer Protect over Substitute because if a team has a weather inducer + Jellicent, I'm forced to Substitute vs. the Jellicent and then they can send in their weather inducer and I lose 25% health for no reason. My Tentacruel is called CTC because he believes he has large appendages.

-----

LANDORUS-T @
*** jasonpwn
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Moveset: Stealth Rock | Stone Edge | Earthquake | U-turn
---

Yah I know that's a Landorus and not a Landorus-t, but deal with it. Landorus-T is easily the best Physical pivot in the game. Unlike Gliscor, it can actually switch into Choice Band Terrakion with ease with Intimidate, have a good amount of power AND bulk, and effectively run Stealth Rock. Landorus-T is my main switch-in to practically anything Physical. Let it be Dragonite, Salamence, or Terrakion, Landorus-T has your back. He's the team's Stealth Rock setter, and he always has plentiful opportunities to set them up. I often lead with Landorus-T versus sun Teams where he is typically lackluster and try to get Stealth Rock up turn one. If they have Xatu, I Stone Edge for the 2HKO and then get up Stealth Rock. If they don't, even better. Landorus-T's biggest drawback is the lack of reliable recovery, but that is why I run Wish support in the form of Jirachi. The EV's given are for an odd HP stat and the ability to outspeed Adamant Toxicroak and Dragonite while maintaining a large amount of bulk to check physical behemoths like Salamence. Landorus-T is named after King because he looks like he has a Jewfro.

-----

JIRACHI @
*** Dr. Ciel
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset: Calm Mind | Thunder | Flash Cannon | Wish
---

This Jirachi set is rather hit-or-miss. In some games, it is absolutely stellar and the opponent is easily swept, but in others it simply Wishes and switches. This Jirachi lost a lot of appeal due to the prominence of Landorus and Landorus-T, but it's still nice to weaken them by hitting them on the switch with Flash Cannon and doing work once they die. I opted for a physically defensive Calm Mind set instead of a Specially Defensive set for a few reasons. One reason is that I would have twice the offensive presence and a dual Calm Mind core with Latias. The second is that Calm Mind is needed to defeat Kyurem because otherwise it 2HKO's with Earth Power. Physically Defensive Jirachi is very good at checking several Pokemon. It basically walls every Dragon in the game bar Surf Lati@s, and it is the team's dedicated counter to Psychic-type Pokemon like Alakazam, Reuniclus, etc. The paralysis support provided by Thunder is fabulous for Latias since Latias can get up free subs rather easily. In BW2 Dragon-type Pokemon are very common, so having two Steel-types to help versus these threats is very useful. I call the Jirachi Dr. Ciel since they're both great and skillful.
-----

LATIAS @
*** gr8astard
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Moveset: Substitute | Calm Mind | Roost | Dragon Pulse
---

Lastly we have Latias. It's the cutest Pokemon ever. Ojama has a boner for the SubCM set, and he was like "I want to use it!" so here it is. SubCM Latias requires some prediction, but it makes it less Tyranitar + Landorus weak and it completely walls SubToxic Gliscor. Latias is the team's way of countering Sun teams, and it is just a great Pokemon in this metagame in general. Tentacruel as the only Keldeo counter is rather bad since Specs Hydro Pumps and HP Electrics hurt like hell, so this is where Latias steps in. I use Roost because often newer players don't know that it doesn't cancel Levitate, so it's a free Substitute. Latias doesn't require much explanation as to how to play it. It's such a great Pokemon in the current metagame, and it sets up on so many things. Even Ferrothorn loses to it if you predict after Gyro Ball + Leech Seed correctly. If it lacks Gyro Ball, it's set-up bait. Toxic Tentacruel is set up on, Jellicent.. etc. The list goes on and on. I call my Latias gr8astard because it's cute, it's his favorite Pokemon, and it's clutch as fuck. :)
-----

-----
BW2 isn't the greatest metagame, but I have enjoyed it more than BW1. Volt-turn isn't as omnipresent, and the metagame seems to have more viable variety. This team has a few weaknesses, namely SubCM Keldeo, Garchomp, and Mamoswine, but they can be played around somewhat and changing a move on this team typically makes me weak to something else. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed the team and be sure to luvdisc or whatever. :toast:
-----

I like this team a lot. It basically gives the user full control of the match. I can't think of a good check at first glance... maybe standard scarf Rotom-W with Trick and Hp Ice but knowing Latias, it can take a beating and Calm Mind all the way to sweeping an entire team.
Nice work!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Princess bri ^^

This looks like a fairly solid team, and it probably works even better off paper, lol. You've got a great and fairly common Rain defensive core in FerroTenta, and with Landorus-T to handle nearly all Sand sweepers, there's nothing much this team has to worry about defensively. However, offensively, there might be some problems. SkarmBliss seems like they're tough to take down, as Blissey dgaf anything from your special attackers and isn't even 2HKO'd by Lando-T's EQ, which is your strongest physical attack (tieing with Ferrothorn's Power Whip). While the core itself is stopped pretty cold by Tenta, you lack ways to break past it, and with Blissey / Chansey there to check Latias and Jirachi, you won't be able to get much done. What I'd suggest you try is maybe Psyshock over Flash Cannon on Jirachi. Psyshock lets you hit past special walls like the blobs, and it lets you nail Fighting and poison types for a quick KO. Psyshock also helps you win in CM wars. Psyshock also hits a lot more important threats than Flash Cannon- Psyshock hits Gastrodon, Toxicroak, Tentacruel, Venasaur, the Blobs, and Thundurus-T harder than Flash Cannon- which really only gives you an advantage against Tyranitar, which is easily stopped by Landorus-T.

Speaking of which, with the Jirachi change, Lando-Tcan probably run a bit more attack / bulk at the cost of the speed you're using to beat Croak, which is beaten by Jirachi now. Outspeeding Dnite is not of very much importance to you as it's not only handled by Jirachi / Ferro but also beaten by Lando-T regardless of how much speed you run. Instead of your current spread, a more standard spread of 248 HP / 64 Atk / 196 Def Adamant can be used. This spread gives you more bulk and power, letting Lando-T cover even more threats extremely reliably. 64 Atk Adamant lets you guarantee the 2HKO on Blissey and among other things, is just a helpful power boost in general. The extra added bulk lets you take even more hits.

Also, Perish Song over Protect on Toed might help you beat setup sweepers, at the cost of being able to scout, which Tenta does anyway haha. Though, if you like protect, you can keep it, as you have good answers to many of the setup sweepers of the tier anyway.

Good job Bri! I hope I helped! Luvdisc'd :)

But Blissey cannot beat Jirachi one one one, much like the SubCM set. Sure if Bri ran Psyshock it would be quicker to take down, but Blissey really cannot do anything to Jirachi, as it can simply alternate between Wish and Calm Mind until it reaches +6, and throwing out Thunder for a paralysis chance, or Flash Cannon for SDef drops.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really loved using this team when it had Gravity Lando and Tspikes Tenta, and I still enjoy using it. The team is built very well so I don't have many suggestions.

Keldeo definitely poses a problem, so I've been testing out Tspikes on Tentacruel again and it's worked pretty well. Although pokemon like opposing Tentacruel/Croak/Venusuar can just come in and absorb them, you have multiple answers to Croak and can scald burn the other two.

I also suggest using Psychic > Thunder. It hits stuff like Venusaur and Conkelldur really hard and you don't have to rely on the weather. I encountered way too many conkeldur while playing and they were really frustrating to play against without Psychic on Jirachi. The coverage you get from Thunder is far superior than Psychic, but allows for more consistent damage.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
i liked it more with zapdos and kyub, at least you're not super weak to landorus-i + pursuiter, which is everywhere and put easily a ton of pressure on you

kyub also put more pressure/give you a way to speed up the game against hippo stallish sand, a well built hippo sand is likely to win vs you on the long run (hippo alone cockblock Jirachi/remove tenta/politoed leftovers)

just my two cents, otherwise it's a pretty cool and solid team that i've loved using in its former version

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yo nice team but this is the worst fukin metagame ever,

Anyways I remember using this team when Blazin Kicken Chicken gave it to me w/ Kyu-B on it. Tspikes look kinda cool as Chimpakt said. In addition to beating Kelder they're also pretty helpful for helping Latias and Jira sweep since they wear down shit like Gastrodon, Hippo and Ttar [and I guess Blissey, probably some others im forgetting]. There is the drawback of Jellicent only coming in on one Tspike layer so I guess in the end it's really personal preference with what you want to do. Sorry I don't have much to say; it's a nice team though. Maybe a Leftovers Magneton over Jirachi for more prestige or something.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Yeah this is a cool team, I made a team like this but with Kyurem half a year ago (and I also happen to have this exact team, wow bw2 teambuilding leaves so much room for originality...) and I used it in some of the first rounds of OST9 and it's generally pretty solid, but the weakness to Tyranitar + Landorus-i is really really annoying, that Jirachi set is amazing in the current metagame and I have used it with a huge success too. Good team, luvdisc.

This team reminds me alot of Super Mario Bro's team http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479541

Other than that this is a really good team. I would recomend Perish song on politoed just because there are pokemon out there that when they are the last ones it will help take them down. You alsop have no fighting moves or fire which has not helped with pokemon like blissey other ferrothorn which can be a problem which is another reason I recomend perish song. Great team though

Hey man, nice team! Thanks for the nick, much appreciated (<_<).

Cool team, I'd go with fakes idea of reflect on latias (i have to say something to avoid getting my comment deleted)

grats on the success man love ya!

This is a very cool team Princess Bri, the only thing which can be give you some problem is SubRoost Kyurem (a classic moveset of Substitute, Roost, Ice Beam and Earth Power can setup on Politoed, Tentacruel and Ferrothorn and then it's very troublesome for your team -the nice coverage formed by Ice Beam and Earth Power hits hard your whole team...). For this reason, I'd try Perish Song instead of Ice Beam on your Politoed which would allow to force Kyurem out and to setup with Jirachi / Latias later; if Latias or Jirachi use a Calm Mind then they don't fear at all Kyurem. If Politoed lacks Ice Beam, Dragon-types like Dragonite and Salamence are a bit more difficult to handle but you have already Ferrothorn and Jirachi (Landorus-T is a great check to physical Dragon-types though) so it's fine in my humble opinion. Nothing else to say, great team and good luck. Luvdisc'd.

Bulldoze ferrothorn to break rachi's subs- stroke of genius.
I would say toxic over power whip, just to stall stuff. Also, who expects toxic ferro?
I would reccomend thundy ver latias as a sweeper, as you don't have enough offensive presence, and there are enough fucking rain stall teams out there.

Otherwise, nice team buddy :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)