Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Why don't we talk about things from gen V that were rare but may become more of a commodity among the Kalos dex, like rare Pokemon/techniques/abilities? An example of each could be...Vullaby, Leech Horn and Moxie? There are plenty other entries for each category, and probably probably better ones to talk about.
Well, Gogoat gets Horn Leech, so I'd assume there will be more things that will get Horn Leech, like how Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, and Leaf Blade got more distribution after Gen 3. I'm also hoping that Horn Leech gets distributed to older gen pokemon.

Ohter signature moves that I can see get distributed would be Heat Crash, Fiery Dance, and maybe Tail Slap and Night Daze.

Well, Gogoat gets Horn Leech, so I'd assume there will be more things that will get Horn Leech, like how Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, and Leaf Blade got more distribution after Gen 3. I'm also hoping that Horn Leech gets distributed to older gen pokemon.

Ohter signature moves that I can see get distributed would be Heat Crash, Fiery Dance, and maybe Tail Slap and Night Daze.
Horn Leech would be distributed on Stantler... Most likely. I could see Heat Crash Ho-oh, Camerupt, and Typhlosion. Fiery Dance obviously on Moltres. Tail Slap.... Any cute Normal type with a hefty tail (Skitty, we're looking at you). Night Daze on Darkrai and Honchkrow.

Well I hope they are generous with could nine. I don't understand why better pokemon didn't get the ability.

On the other hand how far will they go with the distribution of drought, snow warning, sandstorm, and drizzle.

hopefully give sun teams something better than ninetales, haha~
[ninetales is cool but that's all it is really aside from drought]

sorry to still bring up the melon!mon but aside from being generic i think it's pretty cute
though it looks like those little chibi food pillows on deviantart but w/e

hopefully give sun teams something better than ninetales, haha~
[ninetales is cool but that's all it is really aside from drought]

sorry to still bring up the melon!mon but aside from being generic i think it's pretty cute
though it looks like those little chibi food pillows on deviantart but w/e
This would be the marketing genius behind such a design, were it real. Plushie watermelonmon pillows, purses, backpacks, anything. Those cute designs are really easy to make bank on, you have no clue XD

Well I hope they are generous with could nine. I don't understand why better pokemon didn't get the ability.

On the other hand how far will they go with the distribution of drought, snow warning, sandstorm, and drizzle.
I would like to think they would have some sort of ratio in mind between the Pokemon with weather abilities/supposedly popular choices for summoning weather and Cloud Nine Pokemon, so the abundance of Cloud Nine would be determined by the number of Pokemon likely to cause weather, but they seem to think that canceling weather is even more detrimental than causing weather can be. If they give one or two more families of Pokemon Cloud Nine, it wouldn't be for some reason regarding variety in the anti-meta, but probably because they would have given Snow Warning to a new Pokemon and would want to give the player an option in-game to counterbalance that.

Figured I'd bring it up now in case anyone is realtively fluent, but Masuda (& other key gamefreak staff) was interviewed about gamefreak in general and of course XY development in the latest famitsu
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/30033691.html

Obviously there's nothing actually new, but it looks like it does talk about the transition from 2d to 3d and maybe design philosophy in general. Might wind up giving some insight into what we might expect (in addition to just generally finding out more about the inner workings of the staff) and so on.

It baffles me how everyone always complains about Vanillite and its evolutions but no one ever bats an eyelid about Exeggcute.

I mean, are living eggs with faces really any less silly than living ice-creams with faces?

I'm upset with vanillite, at least Exeggutor and its prevo were plants living things, he's just an ice cream cone, if it were ice ghost I could understand, or even if it was a machine but as is it goes against the criteria for pokemon. Watermelon is a plant so it's fine at the very least it's better than vanillite

It baffles me how everyone always complains about Vanillite and its evolutions but no one ever bats an eyelid about Exeggcute.

I mean, are living eggs with faces really any less silly than living ice-creams with faces?
The issue lies in the fact that Exeggcute is actually a group of seeds which resembles eggs. Even if it were eggs, those are produced as non-food items in nature. Ice cream is solely produced by humans and that's what people have problems with. The same can be said for the watermelon slice. The fruit may exist, but it is not a wild variety and certainly slices are a human preference, not something a plant would approve of for its fruit.

I'm upset with vanillite, at least Exeggutor and its prevo were plants living things, he's just an ice cream cone, if it were ice ghost I could understand, or even if it was a machine but as is it goes against the criteria for pokemon. Watermelon is a plant so it's fine at the very least it's better than vanillite
This has to be the most arbitrary reason to hate a Pokemon

also it's an icicle that looks like an ice cream cone, not "just an ice cream cone"

The issue lies in the fact that Exeggcute is actually a group of seeds which resembles eggs. Even if it were eggs, those are produced as non-food items in nature. Ice cream is solely produced by humans and that's what people have problems with. The same can be said for the watermelon slice. The fruit may exist, but it is not a wild variety and certainly slices are a human preference, not something a plant would approve of for its fruit.
One of the "seeds" is cracked
you can see the yolk

e: The pokedex even gives up after gen 2 and just straight up calls them eggs

I don't think Vanillite is just an ice-cream cone; isn't it also based on snowclouds and icicles?

Edit: ninja'd

how can something go against the criteria for a pokemon when the ones who made pokemon made it

so it automatically fits into the criteria for pokemon because it is a pokemon

omg

how can something go against the criteria for a pokemon when the ones who made pokemon made it

so it automatically fits into the criteria for pokemon because it is a pokemon

omg

also if you want to make the man-made argument - look at miltank's udder. cow udders are not naturally that large in the wild - cows are selectively bred [and pumped to the brim with hormones] to have their udders expand to huge, veiny proportions so the farmers can maximize their profit. a miltank is based upon a eugenically-created, hormone-jacked cow. you thought that cows naturally had udders that half-touch the ground? ah. yeah, that's a very useful thing that would definitely make sense to develop naturally, especially when a single baby is unlikely to ever need that much, yeah.

compare for me.

so lol miltank is just as "man-made" as ice-cream is if you wanna get technical

hey

hey guys

let's shut up about natural vs artificial

and talk about X & Y

Also if none of the big 3 (Serebii, PokéBeach, & Bulbagarden) have already posted anything about it on their sites, especially at this time of the month, then it's definitely fake.

About the "food" pokemon, as X&Y happens in France, I expect a cheese pokemon. I know, everyone would hate it for the same reasons everyone hates vaniluxe but I would fine it cool (even though I would be the only one). I don't know which type would a cheese be though...

Or a pokemon that can produce wine, in the same way shuckle produces berry juice.

Or a pokemon that can produce wine, in the same way shuckle produces berry juice.
You mean, a grapevine Pokémon?

I guess a cheese Pokémon would have to be Normal...or maybe Poison, if its a really bad stinky cheese that smells so awful that it makes people feel ill.

It could have Food Poisoning as a signature move!

I wonder if they would make a floating Sushi roll Pokemon that kills you from being undercooked, that would be awesome (:

As for the watermelon-thing, it looks soo cute :3

Sushi Rolls that know Explosion

Hey, have you noticed that all the Food-based Pokemon all can learn Explosion? So what if you can catch exploding Corn, and then it morphed into Ppopcorn? That would be soo epic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)