Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clauncher's official art actually reminds me a lot of Corphish and actually makes it look good, whereas the seahorse... not so much :(

Also I feel like Talonflame will be UU for some reason idk why.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Team preview removed a lot of guessing from the game... reducing unknown factors means more strategy... I don't like this.
That was just Shofu being trash, seriously that tweet bullshit was awful. I don't know who's worse people homophobic about Fairy or Shofu. Like goddamn seriously I might start warning on PS just from the mention, my salt is crazy high.

This XY conference was pretty disappointing and brought down my hype the overall Nintendo conference gave. Sure Fairy type was big but apparently that trailer was a leak and GF thought it was a good idea to barely give us any information, that Q&A barely had anything positive and all we really got was that Pokemon Amie was hax related and not a manual IV change like it should've been. They mentioned EV/IV visuals earlier so I still have some hope. People asking questions were mostly stupid (RB on VC? Who gives a fuck) and the good questions were answered with "we can't say". The only question I can even think of anymore was that Fairy is confirmed weak to Steel/Poison, practically confirming the rumor. Sky Battle is pretty useless, far inferior to any new way to play like Doubles or Rotation, and Hordes are kinda lame. New pokemon are whatever, bird confirmed for Fire/Flying but I already thought that.

I'm pretty damn disappointed but now I'm hoping Pokemon Amie boosts either cancel out or minimum happiness would have 0 crit chance, giving us a way to finally legitimately ban critical hits.

I don't think hordes or sky battles are new competitive formats. Based on what we're given, I think they're just styles exclusive to in-game battles to shake things up and add variety to the journey.

I really like Skrelp's design! If the rumors are true and Poison is getting an advantage over Fairies, this one is going to my team! I like Clauncher too, but two Water-types in my team is too much. Maybe I'll get him on my second playthrough. If these two are version exclusives, I hope Skrelp is in Y!

That was just Shofu being trash, seriously that tweet bullshit was awful. I don't know who's worse people homophobic about Fairy or Shofu. Like goddamn seriously I might start warning on PS just from the mention, my salt is crazy high.

This XY conference was pretty disappointing and brought down my hype the overall Nintendo conference gave. Sure Fairy type was big but apparently that trailer was a leak and GF thought it was a good idea to barely give us any information, that Q&A barely had anything positive and all we really got was that Pokemon Amie was hax related and not a manual IV change like it should've been. They mentioned EV/IV visuals earlier so I still have some hope. People asking questions were mostly stupid (RB on VC? Who gives a fuck) and the good questions were answered with "we can't say". The only question I can even think of anymore was that Fairy is confirmed weak to Steel/Poison, practically confirming the rumor. Sky Battle is pretty useless, far inferior to any new way to play like Doubles or Rotation, and Hordes are kinda lame. New pokemon are whatever, bird confirmed for Fire/Flying but I already thought that.

I'm pretty damn disappointed but now I'm hoping Pokemon Amie boosts either cancel out or minimum happiness would have 0 crit chance, giving us a way to finally legitimately ban critical hits.
The fairy trailer wasn't an accident, the other trailer was

also, wow, it's almost like the game is still in development!
and, like every other game in the universe, they don't want to spill the entire thing about everything

I think they just want everyone to think they're still in development. B/c if they really were still in development the released would have been pushed back until Spring of 2014. I think they are just keeping the game's information quiet until September or a few weeks before the release of the game.

I think they just want everyone to think they're still in development. B/c if they really were still in development the released would have been pushed back until Spring of 2014. I think they are just keeping the game's information quiet until September or a few weeks before the release of the game.

Dude Nintendo and gamefreak are working overtime on this shit.

They even said they were working their blocks off to get it to everyone before the holidays.

besides why would they reveal everything about a game months before it's released
omg
they want to keep up hype so that people will actually buy the game

....what kind of logic is this
games are still in development up until a few months before they release, when they go gold

you don't just sit on the things

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The fairy trailer wasn't an accident, the other trailer was

and, like every other game in the universe, they don't want to spill the entire thing about everything
Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words there are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words they are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
nah bro they just gave us a crapton of new pokemon and new features to leech off of

sounds like a bunch of crap to me

Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words there are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Well, when the new movie comes out, we'll know. I assume they're choosing to keep the information secret to try to build up some hype for the Genesect movie.

Calm your tits. It's still all about making money, just in a way that means we gotta wait a little longer.

....what kind of logic is this
games are still in development up until a few months before they release, when they go gold

you don't just sit on the things
Wasn't Mew added to Red and Green just a couple of weeks before those games launched? Games are in the development all the way to their release date.

Also, I just want everyone to know, I have the hugest pokeboner right now. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)