drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i have heard you cant become addicted to smoking pot
this is a myth that ruins lives. no, pot isn't heroin, it's not going to make you have physical withdrawal that can kill you, but it is definitely possible to become dependent / addicted to marijuana. people do. some people have no problems stopping at any time and have perfect self control, but some don't.

simple answer: smoke less. since you just started fairly recently, try setting yourself some rigid rules. ex: "i'll smoke for two workouts a week". see how well you stick to these rigid and entirely arbitrary rules. if you're struggling to do so, then you know you don't have a good grip on your habit and should stop using it altogether for awhile.

for those who've smoked for a few months, easiest way to see how dependent you are on weed is to just stop smoking it for a pre-set period of time and carefully examine yourself

speaking of which, i haven't done any drugs in over two weeks. had no problems stopping. this is really reassuring for me!

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
echoing cim and just emphasizing - the easiest way to check is to see if you can take a tolerance break.

there's nothing wrong if your productivity isn't harmed and you're financially secure

pot can be a mental addiction but not really a physically one, meaning you can be as much addicted to pot as you can be to food, masturbating, and watching television

the answer to your last question is absolutely yes.

exercise tends to be something that releases positive endorphins in the brain (dopamine and friends) - this is why regular exercise generally makes you feel good.

drugs do this too. the problem here is that while, as stated above, physical addiction to marijuana isn't so much of a thing, you are creating a mental association between getting stoned and working out - essentially, you feel even better than you would normally by doing exactly the same thing. As a result, you may find if you consistently combine the two, you will probably find working out while sober much less pleasurable for a while (maybe days, possibly weeks). If you are worried about dependence, I suggest cutting out smoking before working out entirely, lest you create some lasting Pavlovian connection between the two activities. You can try limiting it to a few times a week as cim suggested but I don't know that that'll really be terribly effective unless you have some impressive self control - it'll probably just degrade from twice a week to three times to every time.

I should note I am not a neuroscientist, nor a psychologist, so I may be wrong on the science here, but this is a bit of personal experience and some anecdotal evidence thrown in. Evaluate the pros/cons realistically: you may enjoy getting baked and working out, but is it worth it if you need to pass a drug test at some point in the future? what if your supply dries out? etc. Take a t-break like poppy said, or, alternatively, move your smoking until after you work out - get the tail end of the "high" from working out and supplement it with actually getting high.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hmm, at the moment my thoughts are more in line with yours flounder. Thanks for the responses. i definitely have more to think about now than i did before.

So on the recommendation of an ex-roommate, I tried weed once, but it didn't really do jack shit. Like, all I did was have coughing fits, but I didn't feel relaxed or light-headed or anything. I'm unsure if it was just weak shit or if it was just my first time, since my ex-roommate could get blazed like none other. Does it just take awhile to take?

Not like I can try smoking again anytime soon, what with job hunting...

So on the recommendation of an ex-roommate, I tried weed once, but it didn't really do jack shit. Like, all I did was have coughing fits, but I didn't feel relaxed or light-headed or anything. I'm unsure if it was just weak shit or if it was just my first time, since my ex-roommate could get blazed like none other. Does it just take awhile to take?

Not like I can try smoking again anytime soon, what with job hunting...
stoner mythos is that nothing ever happens the first time; at least not for most people. I didn't get terribly high my first time either, just kinda spacey and easily startled. most people I know have similar stories: no effect or only minor, negative ones

can't really put anything terribly factual behind it, explanations range from not really being aware of what being high feels like, to failure to properly inhale (which is seemingly not the case here?). probably give it another shot if you're interested in the future

cim

I tripped 20mg psilacetin (4-AcO-DMT) on sunday

among other things that came out of a four hour deep yet incoherent discussion with one of my good friends who was also tripping, i deleted the reddit app on my cell phone. so far this has only been a good thing that has lowered my stress levels a decent amount

i would highly recommend both this drug and the deletion of apps that let you waste time and argue with idiots on reddit. they ain't worth it.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i just want some lsd ;_; my friend has been claiming he can get it "whenever I want" all summer, but is currently one for ten, though the one time i did get it from his guy this summer was phenomenal

fuckin unreliable stoners man

cim

i just want some lsd ;_; my friend has been claiming he can get it "whenever I want" all summer, but is currently one for ten, though the one time i did get it from his guy this summer was phenomenal

fuckin unreliable stoners man
best part of my trip is that the friend i dosed gave me two tabs of LSD in exchange for his dose (though one tab had gotten partially wet)

this is a good thing

i hear you on unreliable stoner dealers tho. it's literally taken me the better part of a year to find anything resembling LSD

quick addition to this post: anyone read disregard everything i say? may have posted it here already but it's a fantastic literalist / descriptive website about drug experiences that are great

I bought a g of crystal "molly." First thing I noticed was lack of numbness in my mouth but it wasn't completely bunk. After it set it in, I was rolling alright. I thought it would be more intense and almost overwhelming but not really. First time taking it and took about 3 points.. I think.

Last edited:
I haven't had LSD in years! It's by far my favourite drug. Cheap, amazing, fun and not addictive. I just don't know anyone who sells it these days :/ But the times when I used it were amazing, unforgettable experiences. The drugs I use these days are so much lamer, cost a ton of money and put me in invisible chains.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I haven't had LSD in years! It's by far my favourite drug. Cheap, amazing, fun and not addictive. I just don't know anyone who sells it these days :/ But the times when I used it were amazing, unforgettable experiences. The drugs I use these days are so much lamer, cost a ton of money and put me in invisible chains.
silk road it up if you hate whatever your present cocktail so much

silk road it up if you hate whatever your present cocktail so much
Silk road? As in silk road online/MMORPG? I've played and been addicted to MMORPGs before hehe. But unfortunately MMORPG addiction isn't strong enough to combat drug addiction, besides drug addiction is both physical and has a strong grip on my mind. It's very complicated and hard to explain if you haven't been there. I've never been a "junkie" - I have a decent job, car, rent a house, I've largely funded my addiction with money I worked for (aside from borrowing money sometimes), managed to keep it a secret and SOMEHOW hold my life together. I'm not currently physically addicted - as in, right now I'm not going to get sick if I don't use - but I have been on and off, and at the moment I'm heading in that direction again. But the hardest part is not the hell of physical addiction, it's dealing with my mind playing tricks on me, severe depression, mental anguish and intense craving. I can quit, control myself to an extent but I can't abstain for long. I've had 3 years of essentially being a slave, wasting my money and health. I'm totally over it and I don't want to keep doing this but I can't stop.

Stick with the fun drugs like LSD and don't go near the loser drugs like Heroin because it really is not worth it.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
someone i know got ripped off on silk road (stuff never arrived)

then again lots of other people i know use it regularly and never have issues so w/e

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
take a bigger drag until you literally feel the smoke in your mouth and hold it in.

youll feel it
nah this is a myth, there is no significant increase in thc intake from holding smoke in, it only exposes the lung to the heat for longer. Just take a small hit, take your mouth away from the piece then continue your inhale of fresh air, then exhale. This is the simple way of being sure you're actually inhaling what you're supposed to be inhaling.

so recently a close friend of mine was charged with dealing ecstasy.

ive never taken drugs and really have no knowledge of them. can someone give me an overview of ecstasy? i know what it does on a basic level (wikipedia plus public school propoganda) but what are the dangers (both of the drug itself and dealing/using especially from sketchy sources) and does anyone have experience with it, and if so is it relatively safe or dangerous (in both dealing and using)? also does anyone know enough to say the typical punishment if he was convicted? hes a minor but im curious as to how much shit hes in because it sounds like hes gonna get convicted, and how much he could have if hes 18

im just worried about him because i grew up with him and i dont wanna see him in jail...

edit: this is in america for the legal question

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so recently a close friend of mine was charged with dealing ecstasy.

ive never taken drugs and really have no knowledge of them. can someone give me an overview of ecstasy? i know what it does on a basic level (wikipedia plus public school propoganda) but what are the dangers (both of the drug itself and dealing/using especially from sketchy sources) and does anyone have experience with it, and if so is it relatively safe or dangerous (in both dealing and using)? also does anyone know enough to say the typical punishment if he was convicted? hes a minor but im curious as to how much shit hes in because it sounds like hes gonna get convicted, and how much he could have if hes 18

im just worried about him because i grew up with him and i dont wanna see him in jail...

edit: this is in america for the legal question

Unclear.

Is he getting charged for trafficking or for intent to traffic? As an adult, 16 months is the harshest sentence a small time X dealer (with no record) would likely be getting (in my state) on the first offense. To get this sentence your lawyer would have to be horrible. If he's not tried as an adult i have no idea what happens, but it will probably be nbd. If he's tried as an adult, his juvenile record will be sealed, so he'll have a clean record. he'll probably end up getting a deal where he does like 30-90 days and some fines/community service/parole. Also your friend is pretty dumb to get caught as a small time x dealer, just sayin.

Last edited:
uh im not sure if its trafficking or intent to traffic, all i was told was he got busted for "selling" it. and yeah hes pretty reckless/stupid at times.

I'm a bit cautious of buying drugs on the internet :/ as inconvenient as it is to wait for dealers who keep saying "I'll be there in 5 minutes" & get screwed around, buying them over the net seems a bit risky...
use a VPN service or some form of proxy and you'll be fine. the site vader was referring to is not designed to be something anyone can access (if you get what i mean). you'll need to download a specific browser and such. here's a helpful guide for you. enjoy.

cim

nah this is a myth, there is no significant increase in thc intake from holding smoke in, it only exposes the lung to the heat for longer. Just take a small hit, take your mouth away from the piece then continue your inhale of fresh air, then exhale. This is the simple way of being sure you're actually inhaling what you're supposed to be inhaling.
he's not saying hold it in for 10 seconds, he's saying draw it into your lungs. lots of new smokers don't do this and this does determine your high to some extent

there are diminishing returns after holding smoke in for like 2 seconds

ive never taken drugs and really have no knowledge of them. can someone give me an overview of ecstasy? i know what it does on a basic level (wikipedia plus public school propoganda) but what are the dangers (both of the drug itself and dealing/using especially from sketchy sources) and does anyone have experience with it, and if so is it relatively safe or dangerous (in both dealing and using)?
ecstacy (MDMA, probably) is an empathogen and a stimulant that fills you with euphoric and good lovey feelings. check out erowid for more details, but essentially it's a very empathetic and open experience

MDMA is inherently neurotoxic, but with occasional use (once every 1-3 months) and supplementation this danger can be minimized and in this case it's pretty safe.

I'm a bit cautious of buying drugs on the internet :/ as inconvenient as it is to wait for dealers who keep saying "I'll be there in 5 minutes" & get screwed around, buying them over the net seems a bit risky...
honestly it's probably less legal risk than street buying, since you can shit talk any vendor that screws you over in a public forum where people will know not to buy from them again. that said buying drugs is always a legal risk and i have never done such a thing using the internet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)