Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So off the topic of Mega-things for a tiny side note, what are you guys thinking the ability Cheek Pouches will do?? In general theorizing now, it sounds like something that would allow you to hold multiple items. It may just allow for multiple berries or "natural items" instead of two Choice items, but that's still really cool sounding if that's correct. If you could hold two Gems at once, that Electric/Fairy Pika-clone could have a nasty bite to it on two of its hits.

Back to Mega, MegaAbsol is the most beautiful things I've ever seen in the games. Magic Bounce makes it more so. Nerdgasm.

Well, i might not like the idea of Meg-stuff. But after all, pokemon is a childrens game. The designers/creators dont keep competitive players and their desires in mind when making a new concept in the pokemon games.

Hell, i mean the whole Musical thing and Movie Filming?

Who knows, Mega things might be their discrete way of making less viable/weaker mons more usable.

I'm getting a real digimon feel from this whole mega evolution stuff but IDC! I like it. MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario look freakin awesome and I'm curious as to how this will work out. Maybe old pokemon will finally get their chance to shine. Look at MegaMawile. It's a steel/fairy type. It'll have a huge niche in OU for being able to tank Dragon-types like it's nobodies business.

So, if some of you recall, in an earlier vi
I'm getting a real digimon feel from this whole mega evolution stuff but IDC! I like it. MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario look freakin awesome and I'm curious as to how this will work out. Maybe old pokemon will finally get their chance to shine. Look at MegaMawile. It's a steel/fairy type. It'll have a huge niche in OU for being able to tank Dragon-types like it's nobodies business.
Don't get too far ahead, Mawile still only has 380 bst and 50-85-50 defenses, so it won't be taking much XD.

Am I the only one who REALLY likes this? I'm super hyped for this. some might shift to uber but with no lefties/CB etc etc i dunno yet. Def adds allot of umph to pokemon and something more majestic. people have something to complain every gen, when people grow to like it quite fast. Anyway i'm happy with the idea, just worried how it'll impact the meta. That said, that can be said for everything in gen 6.

I'll be so mad if this is released and even more so if these are the only six. I seriously think GameFreak has a huge Blaziken bias since Torchic and the gang always seems to have something special that the other starters don't. 4th gen he was the only previous gen starter to go to the Amity Square which isn't anything special but in the Pokewalker he was the ONLY starter you could catch. In 5th gen he got a super broken ability with a buffed HJK and we all know how this went. Now he get's a SUPER BUFF in 6th gen? The other starters deserve shit too, gimme a break.

Reactions: PME

tehy

Banned deucer.
I'd just like to say this.

Maybe when I was a kid, I would've thought this was awesome. Maybe Gamefreak hasn't declined in quality, it's just that I have raised my bar.

And maybe they needed to spice up the series.

But MEGA EVOLUTIONS???!?!?!?!?!

I guess...I guess I just thought Gamefreak was above something like this. And that's absurd, since they're not above shit like making 3 versions of one game for more money. Or making some Pokemon event-only, so you can't fully complete the Pokedex if you don't go to those events. Or IVs.

But still...

What the fuck?

This is... This is just...

This is just too much to handle. I don't even know what to say. It's just so... So...

So NEW.

It's so fresh. Exciting! My inner child is coming back. I wonder if my favorite Pokemon will get a mega form!? Will it look cool? Will I use it? Will it be competitively viable?

All I have to say for right now is that you should give it a chance. We weren't supposed to be getting this information for another 7 or so days yet, so just sit it out. We'll certainly be getting more details as the week comes to a close. I for one am extremely excited. One of my main complaints against 5th Generation is that it barely changed anything. In my opinion, this is a step in the right direction.

EDIT: Has anyone played Fossil Fighters: Champions? SUPER REVIVES.

I'd just like to say this.

Maybe when I was a kid, I would've thought this was awesome. Maybe Gamefreak hasn't declined in quality, it's just that I have raised my bar.

And maybe they needed to spice up the series.

But MEGA EVOLUTIONS???!?!?!?!?!

I guess...I guess I just thought Gamefreak was above something like this. And that's absurd, since they're not above shit like making 3 versions of one game for more money. Or making some Pokemon event-only, so you can't fully complete the Pokedex if you don't go to those events. Or IVs.

But still...

What the fuck?
1. These are only available mid battle, while holding an item, while meeting certain conditions.

2. A pokedex is officially completed without event mons, in case you thought they were.

3. What's wrong with IVs? not having them would make the game even more imbalanced as is.

1. Mega Evolution sounds really forced.

2.The Pokemon everyone has been trying to identify with the darken picture since page 207 looks more like Keldeo than reshiram or absol. I think it's Keldeo Mega Evolution.

3. What is Game Freak Doing? They made a huge mistake with the first giveaway for X & Y by allowing us to receive a Torchic the day the games release. Although it seemed Fennekin was in the lead to be the most picked starter this generation, gamefreak allowing us to receive a Torchic WITH SPEED BOOST & A NEW ITEM will only take away from people choosing Fennekin as a starter. Cause I mean, why would you start your game with 2 Fire Starters, when you can pick a water or grass and also have a super charged up fire starter on your team as well?

But guys, we already have MegaNium. What if we get MegaMegaNium? :eek:

The designers/creators dont keep competitive players and their desires in mind when making a new concept in the pokemon games.
I really don't understand why people keep saying this. GF have given us tons of new competitive toys, like for example the choice-items and dream-world abilities. And especially the newer breeding mechanism that makes it easier to IV breed.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'm sorry but if MegaMawile has the same Attack stats as Mawile, then its Attack stat after Huge Power is 590; over 100 points higher than Kyurem-B's.
It also has Sucker Punch and Swords Dance.

If Mismagius gets a Fairy-typing, my top 5 favorite Pokemon will all be (likely) viable in OU. I'm loving this trend, GF.

tehy

Banned deucer.
1. These are only available mid battle, while holding an item, while meeting certain conditions.

2. A pokedex is officially completed without event mons, in case you thought they were.

3. What's wrong with IVs? not having them would make the game even more imbalanced as is.
1. Where do you see that? Serebii doesn't say it, so as of right now you can't prove that. And even if you can, that doesn't necessarily alter how I feel about it. Much.
2. It's officially completed, the dudes will give you the seal or whatever, but you haven't caught them all and you know this. All so they can make more money or w/e with events.
3. You misspelled the word balanced there, since all Pokemon having closer to equal stats is more balanced, not less

Edit: So this doesn't turn into a continual back-and-forth...

Firstly, I see that now. Not sure why it's not on the front page, but whatever.

Secondly, you don't, but for example, Gamestop held an 'event' where you could wifi download a Draco Meteor Jirachi in their store. I bet you they paid for it.

Thirdly...what? Are you talking about EVs? IVs are the ones that are preset at a Pokemon's birth. And if everyone has 31 in every stat, it makes no difference. And if not, that's not really variety, that's just worse pokemon.

Plus first gen was balanced as hell, whereas 4th and 5th gen are arguably the least balanced, so...yeah...

Last edited:
Hang on, does it say that we can only get mega forms on fully evolved pokemon or are we just assuming that? (Please answer)
And what I think will happen is that we will only get one item to make them Mega so we can only have one Mega pokemon per battle. If this is the case, PS should make a rule so that only one Mega pokemon is allowed per match.

Also I really want a mega Crawdaunt and Gliscor!!

1. Mega Evolution sounds really forced.

2.The Pokemon everyone has been trying to identify with the darken picture since page 207 looks more like Keldeo than reshiram or absol. I think it's Keldeo Mega Evolution.

3. What is Game Freak Doing? They made a huge mistake with the first giveaway for X & Y by allowing us to receive a Torchic the day the games release. Although it seemed Fennekin was in the lead to be the most picked starter this generation, gamefreak allowing us to receive a Torchic WITH SPEED BOOST & A NEW ITEM will only take away from people choosing Fennekin as a starter. Cause I mean, why would you start your game with 2 Fire Starters, when you can pick a water or grass and also have a super charged up fire starter on your team as well?
You're not getting a Torchic with Speed Boost, you're getting a Torchic that will evolve normally and then eventually be able to use the hold item as Blaziken to get powered up

We don't even know if the item is a consumable (or if its even a hold item; might be like X Attack), when it activates, what activates it, how long it lasts (it could just be for like 3 turns), if it can do anything the turn it transforms, etc

edit : Neeeeevermiiiiiiind

Last edited:
1. Where do you see that? Serebii doesn't say it, so as of right now you can't prove that. And even if you can, that doesn't necessarily alter how I feel about it. Much.
2. It's officially completed, the dudes will give you the seal or whatever, but you haven't caught them all and you know this. All so they can make more money or w/e with events.
3. You misspelled the word balanced there, since all Pokemon having closer to equal stats is more balanced, not less
1. "A brand new feature of the Pokémon X & Y games are Mega Evolutions. These are special features of Pokémon, different to evolutions and forms, that have your Pokémon Mega Evolve in battle into these appearances. Their abilities, stats and sometimes even types are different. The true method is not yet known, but Mega Stones have been mentioned." ~Serebii Mega evolution page.

2. What? What money? Since when has anyone had to pay to get an even mon? the only thing I could possibly think of is gas expenses, but that has nothing to do with the mons themselves.

3. THis was one of the many problems of 1st gen before IVs came along; everything was static and basically predetermined before entering a match. Iv's make sure there's enough variety to make the game more interesting and to not just get one of every pokemon, max it up, and become an unstoppable wrecking ball of destruction.

I was there when they revealed the 5th gen starter evos. I was there when the typings for Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed. I was there for the genies, and I was there when all the Gen 5 English names were leaked.

This is the first reveal I have legitimately disliked.

About the Torchic with Speed Boost -event, do anyone know if this will be a global wifi event? Or is it only for Japan?

This is....interesting. I have no complaints so far. I do want defensive play to make a "comeback" for gen 6, but we don't know if the mega evolutions will have buffs made to their BSTs, if they're just rearranged, or if the stats stay exactly the same. The last option is a possibility. It makes Blaziken-M(you heard it here first lol) "pointless" but Gamefreak has done this before (see: Keldeo vs. Keldeo-R).

I'm a bit more curious to see if the held items these Mega pokes have to hold in battle actually have any decent effects. If the effect is good enough, we could see some potential brokenness.

Ughh serebii needs to update his notes about the torchic, i had to see that it's Speed Boost Torchic on pokejungle.

I feel like these megamons will be a target of team flare. That would definitely make them different from generic bad guys I think.

Professor Rowan is probably shitting himself right now.

I wonder if the discovery of these forms is due to his research?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)