Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon. <------------------- crazy

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
So the type chart update was:
Fairy Resists: Fighting, Dark, Bug
Fairy Immune to: Dragon
SE against Fairy: Steel, Poison
Fairy NVE against: Fire, Poison, Steel
Fairy Super Effective against: Dragon, Fighting, Dark
Steel lost its resistance to: Ghost, Dark
<-Pursuit-weak.

While the fact Fairy is resisted by Steel really sucks, resisting/immune to 4 of the 5 most common attacking types in OU is pretty damn nice. Resists U-Turn, Pursuit, Close Combat, and all Dragon moves.
No longer weak to Pursuit or U-Turn and can still Trace abilities for buffs and immunities all day. What a threat.

Mega Garchomp has Sand Force.... Also the fact it Mega Evolves says that it gets a raised stat. Garchomp gets a raised stat and Sand Force. Garchomp was not good enough in GF's eyes.

Meanwhile, Ice gets no buffs whatsoever...what the hell? Still only one resistance: itself...

Gengar is most pleased by the new Steel-type changes. Only Dark and Normal resist Ghost now, which is to say that Tyranitar is the only thing keeping Gengar from rocking a Specs set now. Chandelure also doesn't have to worry about Heatran as much anymore. Tyranitar would be thankful, but just as they take a resistance away, they introduce a new type to resist AND be Super Effective against Dark.

I'm still processing all the new info, so I'll probably be back later with a rant.

Last edited:
the steel nerf is so fucking huge I don't even.. Fuck.
R.I.P Jirachi :/

I knew there was a catch when they revealed a Steel/Ghost pokemon..

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, MEvo-Garchomp will not have that great of an impact as some are saying. The fact that there are so many other good options for the MEvo, and Garchomp was already really good without the MEvo, so I dunno if people will want to waste the only MEvo they have on their team on Garchomp. It will also restrict the teams it can be viable on (sand teams only), and will probably be pretty easy to pick out at team preview.

Welp gg ice. You get no buffs this gen and your officially outclassed by Fairy-type as a dragon check. Does anyone have any reason to use ice AT ALL!?

On topic: MegaGarchomp will be a bit of a monster with a better unbanned ability than regular garchomp. I'm still waiting for my MegaDragonite. YOU BETTER MAKE IT HAPPEN GAMEFREAK!

Welp gg ice. You get no buffs this gen and your officially outclassed by Fairy-type as a dragon check. Does anyone have any reason to use ice AT ALL!?
Well I can think of one: Ice will still be 4x effective against many Dragon types (Flygon, Dragonite), while Fairy will not be.

I don't think SFChomp will be as gamebreaking as people are making it out to be. No Scarf, no Band, no Salac Berry, no item, all for a boost to only one of its attacks (unless it decides to run Stone Edge too). It's a big opportunity cost. Gengar, on the other hand, will be running OU. Its frailty and the low BP of Ghost moves are the only things holding it back.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Steel can't take on Ghost & Fairy is weak to Poison.

"Finally! My time has come!"

But seriously, Drapion has always been a fantastic Psychic/Ghost counter. Unfortunately, that's about all he could do aside from lay Toxic Spikes...until Fairy arrived! He's also not bad with a Scarf with Ice Fang & Pursuit for Gengar, Alakazam, and Dragons respectively. Food for thought.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't think SFChomp will be as gamebreaking as people are making it out to be. No Scarf, no Band, no Salac Berry, no item, all for a boost to only one of its attacks (unless it decides to run Stone Edge too). It's a big opportunity cost. Gengar, on the other hand, will be running OU. Its frailty and the low BP of Ghost moves are the only things holding it back.
Unless it gets a boost in its speed rather than in its attack. If it were to get, say, +20 in the speed department, it would be able to outspeed anything without Scarf except for shit nobody uses in OU and Jolteon. Sand Force would mean he'd still get a LO attack boost in sand without the recoil. Now THAT would be bannable.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Another Dark-type that will become more viable is Bisharp. With the new type chart, Steel + Dark coverage hits everything in OU for at least neutral damage, with the exception of Bisharp itself of 'course if it makes it to OU. Iron Head also becomes way more useful as it takes care of Fairy-types, making a SubSD set with Sucker Punch and Iron Head seem very potent. If only it gets a MEvo with better defensive stats...

Stone RG

Megas are broke
The thing is, if you actually pay attention to most of chomp's sets, most of the items are actually filler and are minor in chomp's effectiveness most of the time. On the gengar comment, im sold on uber gengar, the thing is now easily the most threatening and versatile special attacker with fairy type being as OP as it is.

Now on something i think nobody realized: garchomp is a pseudo legend, that means, going by GF's logic, they should balance out all other pseudo legends, which means:

Mega-Dnite and Mega-Ttar. Holy ****

The thing is, if you actually pay attention to most of chomp's sets, most of the items are actually filler and are minor in chomp's effectiveness most of the time. On the gengar comment, im sold on uber gengar, the thing is now easily the most threatening and versatile special attacker with fairy type being as OP as it is.

Now on something i think nobody realized: garchomp is a pseudo legend, that means, going by GF's logic, they should balance out all other pseudo legends, which means:

Fair enough, in some cases. As for MegaNite and MegaTar...their success is largely due to their abilities, so they have to keep these. Giving them a Mega might give them some boosts but I just don't see how Tyranitar could gain usefulness from losing Sandstream. Dragonite we know is outclassed by Salamence if it lacks Multiscale.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Fair enough, in some cases. As for MegaNite and MegaTar...their success is largely due to their abilities, so they have to keep these. Giving them a Mega might give them some boosts but I just don't see how Tyranitar could gain usefulness from losing Sandstream. Dragonite we know is outclassed by Salamence if it lacks Multiscale.
Mega Ttar with Sand Force would be pretty crazy. Sand Stream, then megaevolve (possibly gaining a boost in attack) and utterly wreck shit with Sand Force-boosted Stone Edges, hue.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Heh, blaziken has speed boost in Mega-form, so its highly probable dnite still holds multiscale, on ttar though, considering GF has been paying (sorta) attention to the metagame, its possible it keeps SandStream. MegaMence would be an offensive mounstrosity, i know that for a fact.

EDIT: forgot to mention, now theres no reason for zam to run signal beam, 2X on jirachi and metagross >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4X on celebi, all day.

Last edited:
Yeah, at this point where they end up depends on speculation; we don't know anything about their fates yet.

What do you guys think about Jirachi? New weaknesses to Ghost and Dark leave it vulnerable to Gengar and other Psychics (they frequently wield Shadow Ball), but I don't think it will fall from grace too much. Our most current most common Pursuiters both have reason to fear it and Jirachi outspeeds them both. I personally am not super concerned.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
As far as I know, a Mega Pokemon does not goes out of the Pokeball as its new form. From the vids I have watched, the Pokemon is first sent out as its normal form and then, if it is holding the respective Mega Stone, it has the possibility of evolving or not. That said, Charizard does not sets sun when it comes to game, it sets sun once it mega evolves. Taking into account that to mega evolve you need to attack (yeah, you activate the stone and then it is obligatory to select a move) it has two abilities during the game.

This means that if you have your Dragonite with Dragonitenite attached and you send it to battle, it comes out as a Multiscale Dragonite. Here comes the interesting part. You decide to activate the mega stone by clicking its icon and then you select the move Dragon Dance. In an imaginary scenario where your opponent's Pokemon is faster than your Dragonite, it will attack first, Dnite will take the hit with its Multiscale intact AND THEN it will digivolve megaevolve into its mega form, using Ddance at the same time. And maybe getting Moxie or Hydraition, who knows.

This would be OP, you know, right? Multiscale becomes useless once it is broken, and usually only works first turn to set a Dragon Dance or something similar before it gets broken. So, why not getting rid of your already used ability by transforming it into something not dependant of full HP to work?

EDIT: The same applies for a supposed Mega-Tyranitar, sets Sandstorm and then becomes Sand Force / Sand Rush / whatever.

As far as I know, a Mega Pokemon does not goes out of the Pokeball as its new form. From the vids I have watched, the Pokemon is first sent out as its normal form and then, if it is holding the respective Mega Stone, it has the possibility of evolving or not. That said, Charizard does not sets sun when it comes to game, it sets sun once it mega evolves. Taking into account that to mega evolve you need to attack (yeah, you activate the stone and then it is obligatory to select a move) it has two abilities during the game.

This means that if you have your Dragonite with Dragonitenite attached and you send it to battle, it comes out as a Multiscale Dragonite. Here comes the interesting part. You decide to activate the mega stone by clicking its icon and then you select the move Dragon Dance. In an imaginary scenario where your opponent's Pokemon is faster than your Dragonite, it will attack first, Dnite will take the hit with its Multiscale intact AND THEN it will digivolve megaevolve into its mega form, using Ddance at the same time. And maybe getting Moxie or Hydraition, who knows.

This would be OP, you know, right? Multiscale becomes useless once it is broken, and usually only works first turn to set a Dragon Dance or something similar before it gets broken. So, why not getting rid of your already used ability by transforming it into something not dependant of full HP to work?

EDIT: The same applies for a supposed Mega-Tyranitar, sets Sandstorm and then becomes Sand Force / Sand Rush / whatever.
I didn't think of this; it may be useful for Dragonite yet. Tyranitar is a bit different because weather wars. You'd be unable to MegaEvolve it until after you've removed the opposing weather setter. And until then, you're left with an itemless Tyranitar.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Well moment of mega evolution hasnt been confirmed yet, in-battle. Im still thinking that your poke automatically mega-evolves the moment the turn starts, no matter who is faster, plus that would help charizard a whole lot cuz of scarf poli.

Btw, guys, do you think the ''fake'' leaks we got some days ago may be right? Mega-Gengar will eat souls for dinner if thats the case.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

For the record, Tyranitar, Salamence, and Hydreigon have not been used by a Pokemon League Champion in his or her primary battle. Lance used Dragonite (although wasn't originally a Champion), Steven used Metagross, and Cynthia used Garchomp, and basing megas on Pokemon that Champions used isn't exactly a far-fetched idea.

MegaMetagross would be really badass, actually. Too bad it can't check Gengar any more :,(

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Well moment of mega evolution hasnt been confirmed yet, in-battle. Im still thinking that your poke automatically mega-evolves the moment the turn starts, no matter who is faster, plus that would help charizard a whole lot cuz of scarf poli.
I already told you. Check this video:

Minute 3:40. It shows CLEARLY how does a Pokemon Mega Evolves. The player has the option of activating or not the Mega Stone, and if the player decides to activate it, he/she needs to select a move after that to begin the process of evolution. Therefore, it does matter who is faster.

Also, @IcyMan28, it is not confirmed yet what happens when you switch-out a megaevolved Pokemon. Maybe it returns to its original form, gaining its normal ability. But there is also the possibility that it stays as the new form, and there the weather war problem becomes a real issue.

I wish I could say 'Fuck you GF' and walk away with that, but it would do no good for the discussion.

I believe the Steel nerf is pretty stupid, and that Fairy is way too damn good right now. While not directly, Fighting also got nerfed due to Fairy type even existing, although not as heavily as Steel was. Not really liking any of these changes to be honest, and I'm still trying to make sense out of Fairy being immune to Dragon from a logical standpoint. Got nothing, though.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys.....

252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Jirachi: 132-156 (32.67 - 38.61%) -- 3.91% chance to 3HKO

That's a super effective hit on Jirachi. Looks like Alakazam still wont be beating it next generation. Remember, Alakazam runs Signal Beam to beat Celebi because normally with Shadow Ball, Celebi can easily stall out Zam or cripple it. So how does this make it any different for Jirachi? Sure you can deal MORE damage to Jirachi, but now you wont be able to beat Celebi OR Jirachi.

I'm still going to use Signal Beam next generation lol. At least I can still beat Celebi.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hey guys.....

252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Jirachi: 132-156 (32.67 - 38.61%) -- 3.91% chance to 3HKO

That's a super effective hit on Jirachi. Looks like Alakazam still wont be beating it next generation. Remember, Alakazam runs Signal Beam to beat Celebi because normally with Shadow Ball, Celebi can easily stall out Zam or cripple it. So how does this make it any different for Jirachi? Sure you can deal MORE damage to Jirachi, but now you wont be able to beat Celebi OR Jirachi.

I'm still going to use Signal Beam next generation lol. At least I can still beat Celebi.
Wow, that's really weak. On the other hand, Jirachi will not be able to stop Gengar anymore. Gengar will be OP, hitting supereffectively Fairy-types with Sludge Bomb and Jirachi with Shadow Ball.

252 SpAtk Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs 252 HP/232 SpDef Jirachi (+SpDef) : 61.84% minimum. 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)