Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was all like, "of course they wouldn't have two samurai in a row for starters!" And then I was all like, of course Game Freak would do that.

As for Braixen, I like it. Mostly because they actually have some sort of flavor for the stick; Fennekin snacked on twigs, Braixen keeps one around. The posing of the official artwork makes it look a little silly, but it seems to look pretty good in-game.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I reckon chespin will be some sort of cooker looking night! Samurai using some kind of grassy object as a blade. I hope that picture 2 pages back is right and that something good will come of this ball. Tbh I actually like it cause it looks funny and cute, I don't know why it's getting so much hate?!

On another note, who actually likes fennekin's evo?? I mean it is just a ugly design and it looks too forced, I mean come on, you don't have to give it a magic wand to show its psychic type and its arms look realllllly ugly aswell as its kind of dress thing.

The only cool one is froakie who I have liked best from the start, but I can't really see anything creative for its final evo, unless they pull a samarott! Naa but all I see is a bigger frog and more clouds and probably bigger fists for the fighting type?
I like Braixen... The whole witch appearance is something I like. Also, what makes you think the arms are ugly? I'm not seeing it.

Frogadier looks like... Just a generic frog Pokemon. That's it. Nothing interesting here. Just.... Could that thing be more generic? Wow. It's not that it's ugly, it's just... Uninteresting.

Also, Quilladin just looks like an obese Chespin. Guess Chespin's trainer didn't quite put it on the right diet and it evolved into a fatass. Dammit Pokemon-Amie!

Rotom-C really appreciates this and its shiny new paralysis immunity. It gives it a whole new niche other than "VoltTurn member who isn't blocked by Gastrodon".
Now, this is something I have a huge issue with mostly because raikou and zapdos exist. Electric pokemon generally tend to be speed demons and wit a reasonable amount of spatk to compliment that speed not to mention one of the better offensive typings in the game. Sometimes slowing them down is the only way to get rid of them (that or a scarfer). There are electric types who have immunities to this kinda stuff yes, but I don't really think electric type needs to be made even better as a whole from an offensive stand point.

Frogadier looks like... Just a generic frog Pokemon. That's it. Nothing interesting here. Just.... Could that thing be more generic? Wow. It's not that it's ugly, it's just... Uninteresting
Someone boo this man...

Now, this is something I have a huge issue with mostly because raikou and zapdos exist. Electric pokemon generally tend to be speed demons and wit a reasonable amount of spatk to compliment that speed not to mention one of the better offensive typings in the game. Sometimes slowing them down is the only way to get rid of them (that or a scarfer). There are electric types who have immunities to this kinda stuff yes, but I don't really think electric type needs to be made even better as a whole from an offensive stand point.
Use trick room, icy wind or those kind of moves and you'll slow them down.

Well since Gamefreak tend to promote doubles, things like this are much easier to deal with in doubles. Icy Wind is a very common move.

amnz said:
Use trick room, icy wind or those kind of moves and you'll slow them down.
Trick room is hardly the kind of move you'd use like that.

I think the overall fragility of most Electrics balances out the benefits of paralysis immunity

Trick room is hardly the kind of move you'd use like that.

I think the overall fragility of most Electrics balances out the benefits of paralysis immunity
Ok well I'm fighting game player as well and this argument is used a lotttt it's just not true.

So in SF this character akuma has a vortex (a mix up that leads into itself over and over again with a multitude of different follow up) and the company tried to rectify it by giving him lower life than most of the cast... Guess what we found out? If you can hit him his health is irrelevant. Same thing applies here.

Take raikou If you can't outpace or shoot him down with priority his bulk or lack there of is not an issue. It stops quite a few walls from being a massive threat to him. Since they can't threaten him with speed loss. Toxic is still an option but with the guaranteed increase we are going to see in poison and steel types you can just hang that crap up.lol

Also, this gives them more opportunities to switch in on crap and set up.

Last edited:
Ok well I'm fighting game player as well and this argument is used a lotttt it's just not true.

So in SF this character akuma has a vortex (a mix up that leads into itself over and over again with a multitude of different follow up) and the company tried to rectify it by giving him lower life than most of the cast... Guess what we found out? If you can hit him his health is irrelevant. Same thing applies here.

Take raikou If you can't outpace or shoot him down with priority his bulk or lack there of is not an issue. It stops quite a few walls from being a massive threat to him. Since they can't threaten him with speed loss. Toxic is still an option but with the guaranteed increase we are going to see in poison and steel types you can just hang that crap up.lol

Also, this gives them more opportunities to switch in on crap and set up.
Then you should try to save those pokémon on your team that can destroy it with priority or outpace it. It's like saying a certain poké is too good just because when its counters are gone it can sweep.

Then you should try to save those pokémon on your team that can destroy it with priority or outpace it. It's like saying a certain poké is too good just because when its counters are gone it can sweep.
Plus, electric types tend to have shit movepools. Just slap a Ground type on your team and you're fine

Terrible cou get debate. First nothing is killing raikou or zap outright with priority lets just get that settled.lol so this whole idea of priority > electric types is kinda bad. It's also kind of awkward considering it can operate well from behind a sub and the fact that it can 1-2 shot most if not all major priority users where it takes generally anywhere from 2-4 shots to kill it is an issue in the logic.

Plus, electric types tend to have shit movepools. Just slap a Ground type on your team and you're fine
I'm currently thinking of the two big leaguers zapdos and raikou but there are a few others worth mentioning who actually have great move pools

Last edited:
Lanturn has a fantastic movepool, and it absorbs Thunder Wave. It and Rotom are the only Electric-types I can think of with good movepools. Also, Malamar will be the first Contrary user that isn't Spinda or Shuckle, so it will be interesting to see how good Contrary is on a usable Pokemon.
Edit: Zapdos doesn't have a good movepool because it can't learn Hurricane for whatever stupid reason.

I would consider the paralysis immunity more like a trade for the Electric-type in general considering they have many common inducers for the attack. Thunder Wave made Pokemon like Thundurus-I absolutely amazing and hard to manage at times. I'm happy to see that I can now have multiple Pokemon fighting the thing completely immune to paralysis without doubling up on Ground-types or having to user weirder stuff with limber.

Remember, though the typing does usually have high Special Attack and Speed, it's plagued by mediocre defenses and mediocre defensive typing. Sure, it only has one weakness, but the overwhelming lack of resistances makes actually switching in a big pain. While the paralysis immunity buffs that ability slightly, it's still a very limited window to switch in with. From my experience, strong neutral hits are generally the easiest way to dispose of Electric-types.

Terrible cou get debate. First nothing is killing raikou or zap outright with priority lets just get that settled.lol so this whole idea of priority > electric types is kinda bad. It's also kind of awkward considering it can operate well from behind a sub and the fact that it can 1-2 shot most if not all major priority users where it takes generally anywhere from 2-4 shots to kill it is an issue in the logic.
Both of them can be stopped cold by special walls like Snorlax or ground types like Swampert when not carrying HP grass. Heck, just slap a Choice Scarf to things like Flygon or Heracross and they can destroy Raikou with EQ. Plus, Zapdos gets wrecked by stealth rocks and things like Rhyperior. There are lots of ways of dealing with electric types.

Lax can also be beaten by both raikou and zapdos especially if raikou is a cm sub variant it can pressure stall or force it to rest then proceed to kill it.

Same goes for heracross and flygon. Extrasensory or hp ice kill off both those especially well all from the comfort of its nice toasty sub.

Zapdos hard bodies rhyperior if it has hp grass only 10% (if timid and LO) shy of a ohko with rocks and a modest nature rhyperior can die. I think you are over simplifying how difficult these pokemon are to deal with. Especially when played correctly

Yeah, I just don't see how "thin" makes something "ugly." But, you know, I guess we just have different taste.

"Hey, let's just disallow this person from having an opinion because it differs from mine! I don't like people who have different opinions, so let's just attack his post rather than actually responding to it!" Yeah, sounds like a brilliant fucking plan there! /sarcasm

Go fuck yourself.
Wow what a level-headed response to a phrase often used in a joking manner
Truly worthy of one thousand likes

Wow what a level-headed response to a phrase often used in a joking manner
Truly worthy of one thousand likes
The same could be said of this post, just without any sarcasm.

On another note, am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that Jigglypuff and Marill were confirmed to be fairies but not a word has been said about their evos?

On another note, am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that Jigglypuff and Marill were confirmed to be fairies but not a word has been said about their evos?
Well, does a word need to be said about them?
They probably only showed them, and not their entire lines, since they're more immediately popular & recognizable.

It'd be weird to only have the middle stage be part fairy, anyway. And frankly I doubt they'd get split evolutions...

Actually, on the topic of retyping, didn't Game Freak release a statement on Twitter saying "What do Xerneas, Sylveon, and Clefairy have in common", and yet they haven't even acknowledged Clefairy's existence this generation? I find that amusing.

I wonder if we'll see any Ampharos Mega evolution situations this generation, I mean no one expected Ampharos to mega evolve into Electric/Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)