Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be crappy it'd pretty much negate up it's usefulness with the defense reduction

But that choice buckler idea Is interesting... I don't know if offensive natured pokemon would appreciate it though and I don't know any defensive mons that want to be locking into a single move.lol
Whimsicott and Toxicroak are examples that wouldn't necessarily mind less defenses for greater healing to mitigate Substitute dmg.
Also, he said Choice Buckler would disallow attacking moves. Basically, a reverse taunt that makes you total taunt bait, but with boosted defenses.

I think both items would be niche, but cool additions. GF needs to step it up bc most of their "niche" item introductions are simply "outclassed" rather than niche alternatives.

Two new Japanese trailers showing off some new fairy moves and Flareon seemingly doing a new widespread fire move...or Heatwave

WE NEED TRANSLATIONS NAO!
Also...did Charizard always know Inferno?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A quick Bulbapedia search shows that Heat Wave is ねっぷう so it may be a new move or something else entirely may want to wait on translations

EDIT: Or you see just Lava Plume!

I love how Orotto is all over these trailers. There's even new footage of it in two of them!
And it sounds like to took SE damage from flareon so it's definitely Grass type.

Also: I noticed Korrina had 2 Pokemon. But the various pre-battle things weren't the gym leader stuff we've seen.
I guess we fight her earlier/later?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
breh and I did the calculations and it seems like Child's Play needs to be around 120 BP for everything to work out.

Either it is a very strong physical Fairy attack, or it does something else. (This also depends on Marill's EVs. We assumed it had zero.)

My personal theory (taking the name into account) is a Gyro Ball-esque attack that runs off the attacker's Attack stat. The lower your stat, the higher the BP. This would make sense because Marill has a pitiful Attack stat, meaning it would have higher BP (i.e. around 120).

The above is speculation based on the damage calculations we saw in the trailer, it is not confirmed in any way.

breh and I did the calculations and it seems like Child's Play needs to be around 120 BP for everything to work out.

Either it is a very strong physical Fairy attack, or it does something else.

My personal theory (taking the name into account) is a Gyro Ball-esque attack that runs off the attacker's Attack stat. The lower your stat, the higher the BP. This would make sense because Marill has a pitiful Attack stat, meaning it would have higher BP (i.e. around 120).

The above is speculation based on the damage calculations we saw in the trailer, it is not confirmed in any way.
Did you remember to add in Huge Power

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, 0 Attack Bashful (15 IV) Huge Power Marill 120 BP Physical STAB Super Effective attack vs 0 HP (15 HP IV/15 Def IV) Bashful Haxorus was 56-67%.

Yes, 0 Attack Bashful (15 IV) Huge Power Marill 120 BP Physical STAB Super Effective attack vs 0 HP (15 HP IV/15 Def IV) Bashful Haxorus was 56-67%.
Interesting!

But with a name like that it does seem less like it's just a high BP move and more that there's some effect in play. Suuuure would be nice if the sites decided to update with all the side thigns shown in the trailers (Glow Punch, Playing Around, that weird kazzoo attack, OROTTO)

Soooo.... it shuts off during some parts? What other 3DS game does that?
I believe lots of 3DS games have parts that don't support stereoscopic 3D (meaning stuff pops off the screen). Some 3DS games don't have ANY stereoscopic 3D.

The XY games themselves are, of course, entirely rendered in 3D (three dimensional models), like most modern games. Nintendo has stated that numerous times. Frankly, who cares if the entire game doesn't fully support stereoscopic 3D? Maybe some people, but I certainly don't. I find myself turning it off after a while anyway.

I hope Child's Play gets the english name Roughhouse. I like the idea of it having more BP based on your Pokemon's base attack. That way, Marill/Azumarill can use it well if it doesn't factor huge power into the calculation.

I believe lots of 3DS games have parts that don't support stereoscopic 3D (meaning stuff pops off the screen). Some 3DS games don't have ANY stereoscopic 3D.

The XY games themselves are, of course, entirely rendered in 3D (three dimensional models), like most modern games. Nintendo has stated that numerous times. Frankly, who cares if the entire game doesn't fully support stereoscopic 3D? Maybe some people, but I certainly don't. I find myself turning it off after a while anyway.
Curious as to which games on the 3DS don't support the stereoscopic effect provided by the system.

Also, I don't really mind it if X & Y don't support it. I just feel it would be jarring to have it be on one minute and off the next. A dislike for inconsistency than anything else.

I don't know of a specific list, but I've read things like this: http://www.destructoid.com/iwata-future-3ds-titles-may-not-use-3d-feature-at-all-207870.phtml

And then there's the 2DS, which doesn't support stereoscopic 3D at all. Nintendo has said there will be new games without any 3D. Not sure which (if any) games support 3D only partially, but I bet there's at least some. Plenty of games, at least, feature sections where nothing is popping off the screen, even if the rest of the game does use the effect.

All in all, I don't think it really matters. Stereoscopic 3D really isn't that amazing, and for Pokemon I'll probably just leave it off entirely after I've tried it out (if it's jarring for you, you can always do the same).

These trailers are so cool! I wonder what attack it was that Sylveon used against Tyrunt, it's definitely Fairy.

And lol Orotto is all in everyone's face. It's not even hiding in plain sight, it's just mocking us with GF's refusal to reveal more details about it. To whoever was asking, yes, Charizard has had Inferno since BW.

EDIT: Also, heck yeah Wish Fennekin. From the start, I got the vibe that it'd be a special tank ala Empoleon, albeit faster and less physically competent. Nothing new about Froakie and Chespin, sad times.

Last edited:
These games are looking more amazing with each trailer! I'm actually starting to like the Froakie line now, expecially since Frogadier's name suggests that we might finally have a water/fighting type. Fennekin's line is still very cool, I love the fact that Braixen has it's own weapon for battling and the possibility that it could have a secondary typing of psychic/fairy. All in all, I really like this gen's starters so it's gonna be a tough choice.

I also like the blue fossil pokemon.

These games are looking more amazing with each trailer! I'm actually starting to like the Froakie line now, expecially since Frogadier's name suggests that we might finally have a water/fighting type. Fennekin's line is still very cool, I love the fact that Braixen has it's own weapon for battling and the possibility that it could have a secondary typing of psychic/fairy. All in all, I really like this gen's starters so it's gonna be a tough choice.
Somewhere in a secluded Kanto lake there is a Poliwrath crying softly under a waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)