Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyarados is trembling in fear in a corner right now.
If Freeze Dry ends up replacing Ice Beam it just became 4x weak to Boltbeam.
Another interesting thing is that Palkia and Kingdra (depending on how strong this new Pokemon is) would be hit for x4 damage which I find as something really cool.

Misheard is more likely, because then the Electric-type Nuzzle would have been super-effective on the now-Water-type Weavile.

EDIT: I did notice that it seemed to do shockingly little damage though (ha pun). Especially on a Weavile's paper defenses.
Lol, silly me, I misread it as SE against Weavile instead of NVE. Never mind.

This may sound ignorant, but are we sure the different damage sound effects are for SE, NVE, etc., or is it possible that they are just for varying amounts of damage (eg, one sound effect for 10-15 % off the HP bar, another for 50-80% off the HP bar, etc.)?

Lol, silly me, I misread it as SE against Weavile instead of NVE. Never mind.

This may sound ignorant, but are we sure the different damage sound effects are for SE, NVE, etc., or is it possible that they are just for varying amounts of damage (eg, one sound effect for 10-15 % off the HP bar, another for 50-80% off the HP bar, etc.)?
I suggested that back a few pages, didn't get a response.

I'm cool with anything that gets water a few new weaknesses and something that could give grass more of an offense would be good too. There have been grass-types clearly built to sweep with entirely the wrong type for it. Given its many restrictions on use, Solarbeam could appreciate a buff like this.

I suggested that back a few pages, didn't get a response.

I'm cool with anything that gets water a few new weaknesses and something that could give grass more of an offense would be good too. There have been grass-types clearly built to sweep with entirely the wrong type for it. Given its many restrictions on use, Solarbeam could appreciate a buff like this.
Yeah I posted before noticing your post. I certainly think it's a possibility, good thinking.

Also, I agree with you about the Water and Grass types. Maybe giving Grass moves a 50% base power boost in sun (just like Fire) would be a good idea to make Grass more offensive? (It would fit flavour-wise as well.) This isn't really the place for discussing that stuff though, so I won't say any more.

If as many Exp. points are awarded when catching as when defeating, Legendaries are going to be even more awesome to encounter. That wonderful, high Base Experience Yield...
You too? That was the first thing going through my mind when they announced that.
X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles.
Really? Is the Kalos dex really going to surpass the B2/W2 dex? That's impressing if this statement holds true.

Oh my god these fossils! They are already shaping up to be my favorite ones so far, and Auroros looks fantastic. From the looks of it, Tyrantrum will rock high Atk and Auroros' special attack will be its focal point. Really, there hasn't been a pokemon revealed yet whose design I didn't like, and I haven't felt that way since Gen 3.

We've known about its ability since it was unveiled. Strong Jaw, boosts biting moves.

Unless you think it just randomly loses its signature ability.
No, I'm saying it could. It could also have bad Stats. You get the point. Judging a Pokémon's viability based on looks never pans out well.

I feel like I should mention something here, but it's probably not worthwhile. One of the earliest rumors about X&Y mentioned the existence of a Rock/Dragon Fossil mon. It also mentioned the following things:

There is a "Z" mon, a Rock/Water Karken-Turtle thing with rock formations on its body. Sky is "Y" and Forest/Land is "X" (Axes), hence it holds that "Z" is Sea (Depth).

The legendaries have "sub-ordinate" Pokemon with them. Yveltal has two Dark birds with it. Xerneas has two bug-like creatures with it. The Z mon has two more smaller turtle with it.

Kalos' backstory: Pokemon trainers fought wars with their Pokemon, therefore destroying peace in Kalos. Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon, razed kalos to cinders and put the wars to an end. Xerneas, with the help of its "subordinates", rebuilt Kalos with its powers.

Note to mods: Like I said, this is probably a bad idea. I just felt like putting it here. I saw the rumor on 4chan, so it's as legit as Fennekin being Fire/Fighting. If you feel this is crossing the line, delete this post.

Last edited:
Oh my god these fossils! They are already shaping up to be my favorite ones so far, and Auroros looks fantastic. From the looks of it, Tyrantrum will rock high Atk and Auroros' special attack will be its focal point. Really, there hasn't been a pokemon revealed yet whose design I didn't like, and I haven't felt that way since Gen 3.
Agreed. The fossils are looking excellent. Auroros will prolly be my fav fossil poke now with that design of his.. That new ice move could be this gen's scald perhaps.

If you look at the fossil Pokemon from previous generations you can conclude that the stats have always been decent but not outstanding. I don't see a reason why GF would break that tradition.

Usually though, they are sufficient. Kabutops and Aero with their attack and speed, the balanced spread of Cradily, Carracosta, and Omastar, and the more focused spreads of Armaldo and especially Rampardos.

All of them have been very useable in game except maybe Bastiodon. The Hoenn fossils come pretty late and had poor movepool choices, but that's less of an issue now.

I feel like I should mention something here, but it's probably not worthwhile. One of the earliest rumors about X&Y mentioned the existence of a Rock/Dragon Fossil mon. It also mentioned the following things:

There is a "Z" mon, a Rock/Water Karken-Turtle thing with rock formations on its body. Sky is "Y" and Forest/Land is "X" (Axes), hence it holds that "Z" is Sea (Depth).
Just throwing this out there, if we're going along an xyz chart where y is height and x is the horizontal along the paper/screen/etc, then the sea depth would just follow -y, not z. Z axis would be into or out of the paper/screen/etc., which fits with the whole 3D thing you can do with the 3DS.

Hooray for geometry.

I don't know how much stock I would put into that rumor. Guessing that a fossil will be half rock is like guessing that there will be a normal/flying pokemon early game, and Dragon has been something that the community has been wanting for a while.

If it happens, cool, but I'm not sure that I believe it. Where was that rumor from anyway?

I really like Tyrantium right now, though Aurorus is also looking really good with its Freeze Dry move. Having said that, what's the point of making normal moves into ice moves if you get a real ice move that hits water types SE? Meh.

Though I really hope Tyrantium gets a counterpart, like a Dragon biting move that hits steels SE. Between that and Iron Tail you're golden.

I really like Tyrantium right now, though Aurorus is also looking really good with its Freeze Dry move. Having said that, what's the point of making normal moves into ice moves if you get a real ice move that hits water types SE? Meh.

Though I really hope Tyrantium gets a counterpart, like a Dragon biting move that hits steels SE. Between that and Iron Tail you're golden.
Don't forget fist fang.

No one likes fist fang.

Thing is Aurorus will likely be special based making Refrigerate useless. Unless it gets new powerful special-based Normal-type move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)