Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my first play through I would like to think I would play it relatively blind. I won't necessarily be using any of the revealed Pokemon [after all, there's going to be a large amount of other Pokemon to choose from] I see no reason to limit myself to six Pokemon before seeing the entire dex. The only guaranteed Pokemon on my team being Vivilon, as I usually get the start route bug. Vivilon is there for a reason though. I am a photographer and I love bug-type Pokemon. I'm the male incarnation of Viola. SWAG

The character customization opens up my possibilities. I've always chosen the female character where possible, because the male characters always look so much more visually uninteresting (BW2 Male looking like a fucking soccer player.. WHY) But this generation I will be able to use a male character and change him from the generic, boring design to something sophisticated. When I beat the champion, I'll look like a proper replacement, not a ten-year-old brat in a baseball cap riding an oh-so overused Tyrantrum.

The Exp. All change along with the graded experience change in Gen V and the EV Training in Mon-Amie... all of that makes this game much more geared towards "sure, I'll switch out my team and see what sticks" than any other game in the series save Gen II, arguably. I'll be able to screw around without feeling like I'm screwing up and buying myself more grind time. That'll be nice.

The Exp. All change along with the graded experience change in Gen V and the EV Training in Mon-Amie... all of that makes this game much more geared towards "sure, I'll switch out my team and see what sticks" than any other game in the series save Gen II, arguably. I'll be able to screw around without feeling like I'm screwing up and buying myself more grind time. That'll be nice.
I'm hoping that Super Training will also allow me to remove EVs so that ingame Pokemon that got wasted EVs due to gym battles, trainer battles, etc can be fixed besides using berries and done early ingame.

I'm hoping that Super Training will also allow me to remove EVs so that ingame Pokemon that got wasted EVs due to gym battles, trainer battles, etc can be fixed besides using berries and done early ingame.
I think it will. Game Freak is aware of competitive battling and they want to make sure hacking isnt a thing in this generation for a while so they will give us the tools necessary to replicate hacked Pokemon.

The Exp. All change along with the graded experience change in Gen V and the EV Training in Mon-Amie... all of that makes this game much more geared towards
Actually, I think it's because battles are more animated now. It takes more time (Arguably not a lot more). Second, there will be 700+ Pokemon now. 649 seemed too huge then, and now're crossing the 700 line. This also justifies the existence of horde battles: So you can train a lot of Pokemon a lot quicker.

I'm hoping that super training will be an unlimited mechanic where I will be able to grind EVs onto Pokemon without leveling them at all. It's unlikely to be like I hope though..

Horde battles exist to make it harder to power through the game with one strong 'mon (that's stated fact) which suggests they want to de-emphasize just how overly good "moderately fast balanced mixed sweeper is" at the single player. With the Exp. All change, for example, I can load up on 4 for my main team and keep a Wobbuffet and a Cleric for use in trainer battles.

Mon-Amie's already been said to raise base stats, which means "EVs" in fan community parlance (we really need to switch to calling our base stats "SVs" or something).

I hope Pikachu/Raichu become Electric/Fairy. Its great typing.
While Pikachu and Raichu would both love the extra type (a cool neutrality to steel), its unlikely since uts the mascot. I mean it would be hard to explain how Ash's Pikachu suddenly gains a new type after 17~ years. I guess that's why they made Dedenne?

While Pikachu and Raichu would both love the extra type (a cool neutrality to steel), its unlikely since uts the mascot. I mean it would be hard to explain how Ash's Pikachu suddenly gains a new type after 17~ years. I guess that's why they made Dedenne?
Very true. I'd rather have Raichu gain Fairy and not Pikachu then use Dedenne who imo is just another lame Pikachu knockoff that probably has bad stats and no evolutions.

Or there could be a plot line like:
"Hey! Dedenne reminds me of a raichu!"
"it's fairy type!? What's that!?"
"-place explaination here-"
"OH COOL! could it be that pikachu has the same typing!?"

... And so on. I'm not saying it would or should happen, I'm saying it's a long-shot, jimmy russeling joke if it does.

Honestly, the anime will have much less problems explaining away Fairy type than anything else. It's already had cute and pretty pokemon (the bulk of revealed fairies so far) magically do really well against intimidating dragon, fighting, and dark types in the past, by emphasizing their nimble speed and size or supernatural powers to survive environment-destroying attacks. If Pikachu turned out to be fairy, I'd just go "well, that makes the Pikachu vs. Dragonite finale to Orange Islands make a bit more game sense."

Given what they've said about popularity, I consider it VERY likely that Raichu will get a Mega Evolution.
You... you have a point there.
If they make a MegaGardevoir, their idea of "popular" is horribly wrong.

Anyways Stellar, I'm planning on doing a Kalos-only run on my X. Though it's killing me not to use MegaCharizard

I give it 50/50 odds. On the one hand, it's the final form of the series mascot; on the other hand, Pikachu will never evolve in the anime (which is largely responsible for Pikachu being the series mascot instead of Poliwhirl or Clefairy), and a mevolve keyed off of its evolution won't ever get to be used. They also market Pikachu and the Pikaclones towards the cute-collectors, not the competitive battlers. Raichu itself is relatively unpopular these days, even though I love the dickens out of it. :c

And personally, not only do I not want anymore Eeveelutions, there's only one type I'd consider even remotely plausible for it: normal. And I'm not sure what, if anything, a normal Eeveelution would bring to the game.
I thought Dragon Eevee was the next expected one. Eevee has evolved into every other special attacking type and it would line up perfectly with gen 2. Umbreon was a new type(dark) and it was immune to Psychic(Espeon). Sylveon is a new type(fairy) and is immune to Dragon

I wonder how early in the game we can begin using pokemon bank?

I'm going to start with the water frog. Always loved poison dart frogs. Really all amazonian creatures. I like fennekin best but with Charizard and Torchic avalible I just can't get another fire pokemon. The water type frog has grown on me anyways. And then I will take torchic of course. And then depending on their stats.. I may choose bulbasaur! We can catch Pikachu early in the game too so that's dope. And then I'd really like to send over my shiny gibble. idk though. Not too intrigued by many of the new pokemon yet.

obviously picking y. X mewtwo is lame. So is xerneas(sp)

One thing that irked me to no end in Competitive battles is Paralysis being permanent. Burn too, but at least it doesn't hinder Special Sweepers. Paralysis is too OP. I hope Generation VI makes it temporary. We've had the official type chart and it didn't mention anything about Paralysis being temporary.. oh well.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure that GF doesn't really care about how any changes to the games might affect the anime. They only really acknowledge it with promotional Pokémon they give away or giving Pokémon certain moves/abilities (like giving Lightning Rod to Rhydon for example), and even then its more meme acknowledgement than anything.

Last edited:
Blahblahblah blahblahblah unconfirmed rumors blahblahblah. Blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah.

Blahblahblahblah blahblahblah blahblahblah.
Rumors?

Seriously though, Im planning on picking Fennekin for fire/psychic swag, and Bulbasaur for defensive swag. I initially chose Y just because it looked cooler, but now Im starting to like both Mewtwo X and Xerneas more than their counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)