Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
First off you check your self. This is a place to discuss things of this nature. So unless you have a legitimate point or can proved a better counter debate you can shut up because this is a big fuckin change.

You obviously don't understand the point of this post so let me assist you. Steel types are used to wall/check a countless number of things. Ghost being one of them. For example lets take scizor. Scizor can use gengar to an extent as setup fodder thanks to said resistances it can also pressure ghost into switching knowing they lack stab or a strong coverage move to threaten in it. Now skip to gen 6 gengar will no longer have to have the same respect for scizor or any of the primary steel types for that matter. Gengar now has a nearly unresisted offensive typing (only resisted by t-tar) he is now capable of running 2 attack sub sets even better and being more destructive than before.

Also if you were a competitive player you would understand the sheer amount of what you take or give to something is not important it is the over all value of the exchange that matters...
If you honestly think gengar hitting scizor neturally is metagame shifting you should stop running your mouth. Steel types are not debilitated by this nearly as much as you think, the evidence is clear, all offensive dark and ghost types already run fire, fighting, and/or ground moves to hit steel types, yet, they still remain checks. Tyranitar, hydreigon, gengar, etc, all running superpower, fire blast, focus blast on practically every set.

The biggest losers here are metagross, and jirachi in their current typing. Yeah that obviously matters, being able to take the ghost or dark/fighting combo neutrally was important, but thats a grand total of two pokemon, not the entire type.

If you honestly think gengar hitting scizor neturally is metagame shifting you should stop running your mouth. Steel types are not debilitated by this nearly as much as you think, the evidence is clear, all offensive dark and ghost types already run fire, fighting, and/or ground moves to hit steel types, yet, they still remain checks. Tyranitar, hydreigon, gengar, etc, all running superpower, fire blast, focus blast on practically every set.

The biggest losers here are metagross, and jirachi in their current typing. Yeah that obviously matters, being able to take the ghost or dark/fighting combo neutrally was important, but thats a grand total of two pokemon, not the entire type.
... No they aren't seeing as a lot of the time common steel types are found in the rain literally halving their weakness to fire based attacks which is why unless you see gengar on sun teams he doesn't run hp fire much anymore. That and he can use that slot for focus blast just for t-tar and tran.

This gives them a reasonably and consistently powerful solution to hit steel types.this effects a lot more pokemon that you think it does heatran no longer resist gengar focus blast hurts but could definetly not 1 shot and if tran comes in on a shadow ball it could laugh it of. Not anymore after switching into SR+shadow ball that is now ove 40% of life lost which guarantee a focus blast kill for the follow up...

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Honedge almost as disappointing as it gets, but two Honedges? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing..
For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Diglett almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Digletts? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a two-headed Doduo almost as disappointing as it gets, but three heads? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Magnemite almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Magnemites? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

Well, I tested Doublade on my 10 year old brother, and he went something along the lines of "ermagerhd". He absolutely loved it.

I think that Honedge and Doublade are really aimed at the younger generation. They are all obsessed with swords and fighting and having fun, and what could be more cool then a sword that actually unsheathes itself, and is a ghost as well? One of those that doubles when it evolves! I think that Gamefreak is really appealing to the boys that are <12, as this seems perfect for them
That or the 12+ give themselves more credit than they deserve when a 10 year old has better taste enough to grasp the concept that a possessed pair of telepathic swords as a trainable monster is freakin awesome.

So my inner 10 year old says screw the hate and just love the fact it's a monster with SWORDS FOR A FACE.

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment haha, as I just figured out that Honedge & Doublade don't have "ribbons", but are actually their arms. My mind = blown.
I always saw it as a possesed sword or something with a weird ribbon attached to it. But now they are using their own arms to unsheathe themselves.
So Doublade made me appreciate the line a bit more, so good job Gamefreak?

Still a bit disappointed that they didn't show Helioptile's evo though...

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Diglett almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Digletts? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a two-headed Doduo almost as disappointing as it gets, but three heads? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Magnemite almost as disappointing as it gets, but three Magnemites? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.
Grimer=pile of shit
Muk=bigger pile of shit
<3 Gen 1's creativity lmao
Starmie is two Staryus, Electrode is upside-down Voltorb, Weezing is two Koffings, so much win.

Yeah, I don't get it. They've been doing so-called "lazy" evolutions since gen 1. I actually like them though; they make more sense than some of the evos out there. Doublade looks cool.

For me, this is most likely most M.C. Escheresque post ever. I mean just a single instance of a parody to mock some guy almost as disappointing as it gets, but three repetitions? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing.

I think the best thing about Doublade is the potential awesomeness of its portrayal in the Pokemon Adventures manga. In the manga, the Pokemon world is much more realistic in comparison to the games/anime. People and Pokemon get hurt and even die sometimes. Pokemon are used a bit more efficiently and sometimes used as weapons or objects to give more edges to battling.

Can anyone just imagine Honedge or Doublade being used as a weapon!? The possibilities are amazing!!! :D

What I don't like about Doublade is that It's just two pokemon, unlike Dugtrio, Magnetone, Klinklang and whatever "lazy" evolutions people are complaining about where they just add more members to one pokemon in this instance they did just that, this Pokemon aren't joined into anything other than their cases, they can be easily separated and there's nothing that really ties them together, I would have been fine with the coat of arms, I liked that and though it was nice for an evo, but since I saw them unleashed and doing stuff separately I can't forget that they're not fused together Like every other mon and I really hate it, this is also the reason I don't like MegaKangaskhan either but I find the regular one to be good because the second pokemon is unable to do anything yet

It's disappointing because there have been 5 generations and they still do this.

Also, I don't think it's such an annoyance with Doduo->Dodrio. The problem I have with them is that they learn fly.

Last edited:
What I don't like about Doublade is that It's just two pokemon, unlike Dugtrio, Magnetone, Klinklang and whatever "lazy" evolutions people are complaining about where they just add more members to one pokemon in this instance they did just that, this Pokemon aren't joined into anything other than their cases, they can be easily separated and there's nothing that really ties them together, I would have been fine with the coat of arms, I liked that and though it was nice for an evo, but since I saw them unleashed and doing stuff separately I can't forget that they're not fused together Like every other mon and I really hate it, this is also the reason I don't like MegaKangaskhan either but I find the regular one to be good because the second pokemon is unable to do anything yet
Actually, Dugtrio doesn't appear to be fused by any knowledge we have, and Magneton has been shown separating before in various spin-off media. I do share your disappointment, but as I stated prior - it's because it doesn't really feel natural to me. Dugtrio has no more problems attacking than Diglett already does, and same for Magneton. Here, the range of Honedge's physical attacks and its mobility are actually restricted by the fact that it holds on to its case. It really seems like a design which was made overly complicated (in terms of accomplishing mechanical motion) in order to show off 3D models.

It's disappointing because there have been 5 generations and they still do this. Honedge could easi
A lot of people like Honedge and Doubledge, though. People have different tastes, different Pokemon they like or dislike, and that's kind of the point. It's not a matter of laziness or bad design; it's just a difference of opinion. I say Game Freak should keep doing it as long as it's effective and reaches a good portion of the audience.

I don't mind Doublade's design. It's any less creative than Dugtrio or Magneton, but I'm disappointed with the amount of hype they gave it. I was expecting an olden gen evolution.

I was hoping for Draconeon (Eevee), Houndread (Houndoom), or Vicgearth (Pinsir).

Last edited:
A lot of people like Honedge and Doubledge, though. People have different tastes, different Pokemon they like or dislike, and that's kind of the point. It's not a matter of laziness or bad design; it's just a difference of opinion. I say Game Freak should keep doing it as long as it's effective and reaches a good portion of the audience.
Yeah, personally I like the really bizarre pokes that look like inanimate objects, such as those made of metal or something. I think they have some of the coolest designs: Bronzong, Magneton, Cryogonal, Honedge, Beheeyem, etc. Screw realism or looking "natural". They're Pokemon. There's always been a nice mix of normal looking and bizarre in every gen.

Besides, what else would you rather Honedge evolved into? A bigger sword with a fancier hilt? That would be boring.

What I find most hilarious about the Gen I Pokemon with evolutions that are just bigger versions if themselves is their weights. Diglett weighs 1.8 pounds. How much does Dugtrio weigh? Try 73.4 pounds. Magneton weighs almost exactly TEN times as much as Magnemite. Muk is a bigger Grimer, right? Nope, they both weigh exactly the same. I'm sorry, but WHAT?

Heck, Magnemite and Diglett at least bit creativity. Honedge is just sword with neat sheath, nothing more. Every gen has its downfalls.

Doublade is probably one of the oddest Pokemon I've seen so far. In most cases, I have distinct feelings for each stage of the line, i.e. I think Doduo is cute, while Dodrio is badass, or I dislike Spinarak and Ledyba but enjoy their evolutions. In this case, I don't care for Honedge and I don't care for Doublade. This is probably the only instance where I haven't felt any admiration for any stage. Hell, I even think Vanillite is adorable while despising its evolutions. That's probably my only issue with this evolution. Okay, yes, Magnemite -> Magneton, Diglett -> Dugtrio, and Grimer -> Muk are hardly creative evolutions... but they each have their own personality. If I'm not mistaken, the facial expression of Honedge and Doublade is identical when unsheathed. Not enough personality for me to even hate it.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)