Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first saw Doublade, I was pretty excited!

.....all excitement ended and was replaced by fear when I realized that Honedge is now a legal contender for Little Cup. The awesome offensive typing + No Guard + badass design is going to wreck LC.

Amazing how FOCUS blast has lower accuracy than meteors raining down from outer space
In Focus Blast's defense, how easy is it to dodge a bunch of meteors coming down at you?

Amazing how FOCUS blast has lower accuracy than meteors raining down from outer space
That's cause it takes a lot for, say, Alakazam to understand the concept behind what a Fighting-type move really is. They're focusing on the concept of what punching something could be, not what it hits. Like dragons in Skyrim suddenly having a concept of mortality after using Dragonrend on em.

But yeah... I really hope "special" in that interview meant "special vs physical" and not "special like Aeroblast or other signature moves", and that it'll be goo tweaking of actual competitive moves like Focus Miss and Shadow Ball.

When I first saw Doublade, I was pretty excited!

.....all excitement ended and was replaced by fear when I realized that Honedge is now a legal contender for Little Cup. The awesome offensive typing + No Guard + badass design is going to wreck LC.

In Focus Blast's defense, how easy is it to dodge a bunch of meteors coming down at you?
Can't be any worse than how broken ass mismagius rapes it now....

Also hone edge appears to be an offensive based ghost. Learning Sd and no guard ability. I don't think it's bulk will be bad but I damn sure don't think it will be a defensive threat

Calling it: Honedge's final evolution is:

Santoryu (English Name: Zoro).
One of the eyes on the sheath would be scarred and it will have the ability: Wonder Miss, it will never be able to find it's opponent. Meaning if you got lost in a cave with this pokemon as a lead, gameover.

-----------------

On a serious note, YES! More atk and it still light enough to have respectable speed. Now if it only has Will-o-Wisp or Hypnosis. Also, Steel and Ghost is kind of unresisted atm.

Calling it: Honedge's final evolution is:

Santoryu (English Name: Zoro).
One of the eyes on the sheath would be scarred and it will have the ability: Wonder Miss, it will never be able to find it's opponent. Meaning if you got lost in a cave with this pokemon as a lead, gameover.

-----------------

On a serious note, YES! More atk and it still light enough to have respectable speed. Now if it only has Will-o-Wisp or Hypnosis. Also, Steel and Ghost is kind of unresisted atm.
Magnezone and every other steel type that isn't mixed with psychic would
Like to talk to you about this

I like Doublade.
The colour change to purple/pink gives it a more mysterious aura, the patterns on the sheaths, interlocking and flowing with the back piece is a nice touch. The eyes are now full of life, the glint of light on them giving it more personality. The name is quite catchy too..
The only problem I have is that it looks far better inside it's sheath than it does out of it, attacking as a pair of Honedge, instead of as one Doublade. I feel like they should have linked the swords visibly some how.. maybe tying the scarves in a decorative knot? I guess, overall it's a nice design.

Even though I don't dislike any Pokemon design, this one is not as infamously stupid looking as Venilluxe, everyone should calm down.

DO NOT EVOLVE AGAIN, YOU ARE SEXY ENOUGH AS YOU ARE.

Last edited:
And here I was obsessing what kind of fighting move Dablade (sorry that's how I pronounce it) would get to complete coverage....the only thing resisting Stee/Ghost now is Dark/Steel, Fire/Dark, Water/Dark and Electric/Dark. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but that means can now use the fourth slot for a variety of things, substitute, status, double dancing, hard hitting third attack to remove a certain wall that can live 2HKO, etc.

This is exciting news indeed. Except for the pink, why are my manly sword draped in pink?

Pyroar and Helioptile resist Ghost/Steel too :)

Uhm, gotta say I'm a bit dissapointed about todays reveal. Honedge is probably the only pokémon I don't like so far and Doublade didn't make it better :/

Meh, I wasn't disappointed at all with the reveal; rather, I was a little bit happy with it.

Doublade's design is a lot more life-like, as others have said. Those eyes are very nice. The purple/pink color pattern also oozes a bit of mystery around it.

The only thing that would make me get Doublade now...would be if it has a good movepool and good stats. Then, it would be the day of the "eyeball swords."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)