Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this is most likely most disappointing thing ever. I mean just a single Honedge almost as disappointing as it gets, but two Honedges? Oh god why would they give some hype to this thing..

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
are the swords fused together? like are they connected and have become one piece? how would it attack then? wow, I've always been an 'anti-genwun love every design' kinda guy, but this design is really bothering me. I need to see it in action to see how it actually works before I decide I think...

Now THAT'S more of the Steel/Ghost I was looking for! It's... odd though. I love it, but odd... Like they dismantled Honedge's sheath and rearranged the parts. The back of Doublade looks like the "rocket ship" part on Honedge's sheath taken to the rear. It also looks like the sword pair is on a wall mount for decoration, like I have with my swords. Which could be a shield-like thing, meaning higher defensive stats meaning SCREW YOU TERRAKION/TORNADUS-T!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! HA! HAHA!!!!
I will say that Honedge is pulling a Klink on us though... But its names had way too many "ones" through them across languages for it to be standalone.

EDIT: Also, this thing better freakin learn Double-Edge when it evolves....

I'm not gonna be all "THIS IS THE WORST PERIOD POKEMON PERIOD DESIGN PERIOD EVER PERIOD," as I think Doublade is a better, more interesting evolved design than Magnemite, Electrode, Muk, Klang and a few others... but I still lost interest in this pokemon. I was hoping it'd change into a suit of armor. Right now, I have the conversation between Lloyd and Kratos about why Lloyd uses two swords stuck in my head.

Tales of Symphonia said:
If one sword has a power of 100, then two swords have a power of 200, right?

Well, there are rather uninspired Pokemon every generation. Can't say Mangeton and Dugtrio were too creative.

At least it gives us hope for potential triple-wielding.

Love it. Even with the extra weaknesses of the Steel type, and not having Levitate to conform my past generation wet dream... I don't care! No guard is a cool ability (well, depending on what moves it will have), I like the design, with the possibility of adding a third form, and if it ends up having a good attack stat, it can be my screw-you-faeries pokémon of choice.

I was hoping it would turn into a badass ghost knight in armor and look like a BAMF but its not too bad.
Still cant think of anyway No Guard benefits it though unless they add moves, the current ones a physical ghost steel would usually are 100 accuracy. Maybe there will be more sword moves though.

Well, Doublade has a smiley sheath. That's kind of heart-warming. I shall nickname you HappyBlade!
Maybe that is how Honedge evolves, through Happiness...probably the reason it's eyes and ribbons are now Pink.
Blue usually represents sadness, and Pink and Yellow for example usually mean Happiness or Excitement

At gamefreak 2+ years ago...
"All right, so we're almost done with the pokemon, just need like 5 more."
"Cool. Any ideas?"
"Well, people complain about when we take random things and multiply them. You know, Magnemite, Dugtrio, Vanilluxe. That type of stuff."
"Hahaha, too bad we never stacked something cool like swords."
"hahahahaha!"
"haha..."
"..."
"How many swords are too many swords?"
"There's no such thing."

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
It's two sheaths on a wall plague, which one blade holds in battle. Which also means the other arm is free to learn punching moves because that's just what swords do. I dig the color change.

We feel like we should have caught it earlier. The emblem on the crossguard looks like an eye and now we cannot get rid of the Gran Centurio analogy - the eye on the Gran Centurio is in its pommel, but still.

Unfortunately this name exceeds the letter cap by one letter.

We feel like we should have caught it earlier. The emblem on the crossguard looks like an eye and now we cannot get rid of the Gran Centurio analogy - the eye on the Gran Centurio is in its pommel, but still.

Unfortunately this name exceeds the letter cap by one letter.
Just take out the space and you in the 12 range.

Just wait for it to evolve into one giant sword holding two swords that are each equipped with a pair of daggers and bayonets.
I like the theme of ancestral nobility taking the shape of a sword that evolves into a coat of arms that's obsessed with living vicariously through living beings, but even the new evolved form makes me want to see the sheath become a more important part of the design, like actually turning into armor.
And those eyes...when it's in battle, it looks like you're facing off against the face of a demon.

Also, GF screwed up on their ability to weigh stuff again. Somehow, a mantle piece with the two swords it's supposed to hold only amounts to just under 10 pounds?

Amazing how FOCUS blast has lower accuracy than meteors raining down from outer space
The point of the attack is that it takes a lot of concentration.
Hilarity follows.

Last edited:
I predicted this was coming the day Honedge was announced. Inanimate object sort of pokemon with all the names emphasising it being ONE SWORD... yeah.

And I'm entirely okay with this. The name though, Doubledge is... I find t incredibly stupid.

So here's a list of potential Doubledge evolution names (Now don't take this too seriously)
tripleese
triplepee
tripledo
triplbo
triplestoc
tripler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)