Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
^pretty sure that's Caeser's heart.

Also the more the enemy is set up, the more he's set up to tumble. Luffy and crew have too much momentum to lose here. I'm thinking right now it's still more like around the 1st half's Arlong arc. It'll be a while before the straw hats take on major losses again I think.

I stand corrected, it was a translation error on Mangapanda's part. I know Japanese to English is weird but how the hell does it vary from "137 with 1 out" to "137 and 1 will be left standing" ?

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
^pretty sure that's Caeser's heart.

Also the more the enemy is set up, the more he's set up to tumble. Luffy and crew have too much momentum to lose here. I'm thinking right now it's still more like around the 1st half's Arlong arc. It'll be a while before the straw hats take on major losses again I think.
Tbh it feels more like we've got to the Alabasta point. Luffy's already taken on the ridiculously easy opponents (Fishman Pirates/pre-Arlong villains) as well as the harder but not really too hard opponents (Ceaser/Don Kreig+Arlong) and now he's at the point where he's taking on someone that's objectively probably superior to him, or at least close to it (Crocodile/Doflamingo).

Strawhats have already taken a major loss by Law getting wrecked by Dofla/Fujitora, unless you're not counting law as a major loss?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, I'm so disappointed in Law right now I don't care what happens to him. After making him a total bad ass in the caeser arc, Oda has decided to make him uncharacteristically incredibly stupid and lacking in foresite in this arc. It's unlike Oda to make such incredible inconsistencies in his character's behavior (I think this is the first time ever in fact!).

Having Law make such a terribly bad plan is like having Zoro successfully go to town and return to ship after completing Sanji's provision's shopping.

So I have no idea what Oda is doing with Law right now.

You do realize it aint over yet right? This could all be part of the plan. Maybe law knew an admiral would be there and this is a way to get around that. I seriously doubt that was it.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i agree with some hero, let's wait to see how it develops...

Law did after all at the minimum expect to face an admiral there, since he told smoker about greenbit, and I have to assume he at least entertained the possibility of DD being there as well

the whole revoking shichi thing I think is irrelevant for his immediate "dilemma," as that was important for his long term plans in eventually attacking kaidou

so yea, let's see how this develops, as he had to expect facing an admiral + DD and the shichi revoking failure only affects his long term plans

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, I'm so disappointed in Law right now I don't care what happens to him. After making him a total bad ass in the caeser arc, Oda has decided to make him uncharacteristically incredibly stupid and lacking in foresite in this arc. It's unlike Oda to make such incredible inconsistencies in his character's behavior (I think this is the first time ever in fact!).

Having Law make such a terribly bad plan is like having Zoro successfully go to town and return to ship after completing Sanji's provision's shopping.

So I have no idea what Oda is doing with Law right now.
Let's not forget that Law had no idea about the level of influence that DD ha on the WG and the Marines. If DD haven't gotten his Shichi status back and in general if he wasn't a freaking Tenryubito, which Law couldn't have known, not only would the battle drag much longer, but it also would be a 1 v 1 v 1 situation, where DD would most probably be in the worst position as Law still had his Shichi status to maybe at least prevent Fujitora from attacking him and focusing on DD. Although the way things went down now, Law admitted his alliance with Luffy to keep Fujitora and DD occupied, if DD was an enemy of the marines then Law would have no reason not to lie to Fujitora about his alliance with Luffy in order to make the admiral focus on arresting DD.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I am almost certain that no matter how this turns out, Law's plan won't have been ideal. I'm pretty sure there's any number of ways to achieve the strawhat/law's goals that are far less... dumb.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am almost certain that no matter how this turns out, Law's plan won't have been ideal. I'm pretty sure there's any number of ways to achieve the strawhat/law's goals that are far less... dumb.
Would you mind explaining why Law's plan was dumb and what are those other ways that would have been much better?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
I've ranted enough about it on the irc chanel that I won't waste your time (too much-- try to keep it brief). Long story short, actually TAKING caeser and GOING to green bit is just such a stupid, risky plan. He called the shots (he has the hostage; remember, w/o Caesar DQ is fucked-- since Kaido is the ONLY one he fears)-- he could have picked any number of meeting places. He could have left caeser some where. He could have told DQ a time way advance in the future, or just say "I'll be giving you a call soon" and leave it at that-- keep the man next to his phone while you scour the area and look for/destroy the factory. Fuck, even the current plan would be exponentially better just by leaving tie/gag Caeser out in the open (you have his heart-- you can kill him at any time), and WAITING HIDDEN in a BUSH for DQ to come to the meeting spot. Law doesn't even NEED rope-- just cut Caeser up into sections so that he can't put himself back together (while gagged of course).

Law is potentially the KING of espionage-- if he wanted to make himself eve more safe, he could cut out one of his eyes and leave it in a hidden location while waiting even farther away.

Even without that point-- how about just LYING to Fujitora about the relationship with the straw hats-- wtf is there to be gained by being an honest dumb ass. Law is not Luffy-- I have no idea what Oda's writing in regards to Law.

The point is that without even going into detail or thinking too hard, there are an endless number of ways to accomplish just about any goal you could think of that are not so stupid. Hell, I bet Zoro could come up with a better plan than this.

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sanji!!!

also very interested in finding out whether DD is being a spoiled brat or if his life is truly as unfortunate as he claims

God, first time in a while that the manga made me laugh. Both with the Sanji part saying he'll cut the gate "gently" to not raise suspicion and the expression of the weak straw hats when DD was coming after them. But that Sanji part man, made me tear up a little. :)

Man that Admiral is OP. He has enough Gravity to pull a random comet from the sky and pull it down fast enough to be viable as an attack. Still, even with Sanji Law cannot hope to defeat both the Admiral and DD unless Zatoichi decides to sit this one out...or Zoro joins for some reason.

Aldaron

geriatric
Looks like Oda's quest to turn Sanji's character into a complete joke continues.
I would agree with this 100% if this was Fishman Island, because the nosebleed gimmick got extremely tiresome, but since then???

I mean on Punk Hazard he went 1 on 1 with Vergo and also saved the marines...and then here on Dressrosa he has saved the strawhats by...attacking a shichibukai >.>

plz explain how this makes him a joke...

actually, i would understand your concern if you said that earlier with the violet situation, which would be a seeming regression from his vergo bad assery, but now he's attacked DD directly!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sanji is a pimp and if you disagree you're wrong. Loved Bart gushing over Zoro. I expect a really funny scene when he sees Chopper and just like... hugs him or something.

Also I'm a big Law fanboy. So this chapter made me happy.

Last edited:
I would agree with this 100% if this was Fishman Island, because the nosebleed gimmick got extremely tiresome, but since then???

I mean on Punk Hazard he went 1 on 1 with Vergo and also saved the marines...and then here on Dressrosa he has saved the strawhats by...attacking a shichibukai >.>

plz explain how this makes him a joke...

actually, i would understand your concern if you said that earlier with the violet situation, which would be a seeming regression from his vergo bad assery, but now he's attacked DD directly!
Sanji is a pimp and if you disagree you're wrongy.
I felt the same about Sanji pre-timeskip which is exactly why i hate how his character turned from charming and calculated into someone who acts around women like a kid who just entered puberty and rushes into fights only to get his ass kicked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)