Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
More ways to nerf Dragons? Seems like Gen 6 is doing to Dragons what Gen 2 did to Psychics.
Is Dragon even that good a type? I always got the impression that it was the Dragon pokemon, rather than the type itself, that were powerful.
Continuing to nerf dragon punishes Pokemon that were intentionally designed to be very powerful (psuedo/legendaries) while crippling already mediocre dragons (Altaria...)

So Misty Terrain is Safeguard--?

Anyway, if Togepi is pure Fairy it seems like Togekiss will be Fairy/Flying.

Old Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice
Resist: Bug, Grass
Immune: Ghost, Ground

New Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice, Poison, Steel
Resist: Fighting (x4), Bug (x4), Dark, Grass
Immune: Dragon, Ground

So it'll pick up a couple more weaknesses while gaining useful resistances/immunities to the most common physical attacking types.

Last edited:
More ways to nerf Dragons? Seems like Gen 6 is doing to Dragons what Gen 2 did to Psychics.
...except Psychic didn't have 600 BST monstrosities (an exaggeration, but still) every other generation. I don't think the problem is that Dragon-types are that much better than the other types. It's just that the Dragon typing itself is given to good Pokemon. In that sense, GF might be going about this the wrong way, nerfing a type instead of the Pokemon that broke it, but at least they're trying.

Unlike Psychic, which was more or less a broken type. It virtually had no weaknesses; Dark didn't exist, they managed to reverse the relationship between Psychic and Ghost somehow, and the strongest Bug move was like, Fury Cutter, and the strongest Bug in the first place was Scyther.

Is Dragon even that good a type? I always got the impression that it was the Dragon pokemon, rather than the type itself, that were powerful.
Continuing to nerf dragon punishes Pokemon that were intentionally designed to be very powerful (psuedo/legendaries) while crippling already mediocre dragons (Altaria...)
Well to be fair, all but five evolved dragons we have currently are incredibly powerful monsters with godly stats and movepools. I think the majority of them needed a nerfing for a long time.

edit: greninja'd

Not quite. We're still a few orders of magnitude away from Dragon getting as nerfed as Psychic did in Gen II. We'd have to get a total overhaul of how the entire stat system works, in addition to new types and moves. There is no way that any type can be neutered as hard as Psychic was, because there was never a type anywhere close to as powerful as Gen I Psychic.

That said, it's still a pretty big nerf to the mighty order of Wyrms and Drakes.

So Misty Terrain is Safeguard--?

Anyway, if Togepi is pure Fairy it seems like Togekiss will be Fairy/Flying.

Old Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice
Resist: Bug, Grass
Immune: Ghost, Ground

New Toge:
Weak: Rock, Electric, Ice, Poison, Steel
Resist: Fighting (x4), Bug (x4), Dark,
Immune: Dragon, Ground

So it'll pick up a couple more weaknesses while gaining useful resistances/immunities to the most common physical attacking types.
Go ahead and couple that with all your flinch hax, and you have one annoying son of a bitch.

someone linked this https://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14294417/#14294417 last page idk how you can believe someone that starts his post with My name is Joe Gamefreak, son of Game Freak founder John Gamefreak.

Misty Terrain looks like a really situational move.
Woah, okay then. Pardon my attempt to rustle everyone's jimmies.

Here's someone's description of using Aegislash in battle. Seems quite interesting:

Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Formé. It seems he changes to Blade Formé when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Formé when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:

Battle start, Aegislash in Shield Formé.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash uses King's Shield, stays in Shield Formé.
Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls.

Turn two, Aegislash in Shield Formé.
I select Iron Head.
Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
Aegislash turns to Blade Formé and uses Iron Head.

Turn three, Aegislash in Blade Formé.
I select Swords Dance.
Aegislash stays in Blade Formé and uses Swords Dance.

Turn four, Aegislash in Blade Formé.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash turns to Shield Formé, uses King's Shield.

This thing could be dangerous to face in a battle. Especially with Physical Attackers. And remember, its Ability allows it to switch its Attack and Defense when you use something like King's Shield.

Last edited:
Woah, okay then. Pardon my attempt to rustle everyone's jimmies.

Here's someone's description of using Aegislash in battle. Seems quite interesting:

Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Formé. It seems he changes to Blade Formé when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Formé when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:

Battle start, Aegislash in Shield Formé.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash uses King's Shield, stays in Shield Formé.

Turn two, Aegislash in Shield Formé.
I select Iron Head.
Aegislash turns to Blade Formé and uses Iron Head.

Turn three, Aegislash in Blade Formé.
I select Swords Dance.
Aegislash stays in Blade Formé and uses Swords Dance.

Turn four, Aegislash in Blade Formé.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash turns to Shield Formé, uses King's Shield.

This thing could be dangerous to face in a battle. Especially with Physical Attackers.
Hey thanks for reposting this, I remembered it wrong the first time. Seriously, I mean it.

I searched the forum, and hope this hasn't been posted yet.

Aegislash's ability seems like a viable Zen Mode to me.
It's even better than that, because it can switch forms when it is at full HP. It's unclear whether it changes form only with King's Shield. Then again, King's Shield seems like a great attack and almost every Aegislash is bound to carry it.

It does.
Kanpachi said so
Because a signpost, in game, said so.

Soooooooooooooo
So basically it's Safeguard + Dragon-version of Mud Sport?

I bet everyone forgot that we already had not one, but 2 non-weather field effects that weakened a specific type in Mud Sport and Water Sport.

Last edited:
Aegislash's ability seems like a viable Zen Mode to me.
I think it's closer to Relic Song, given that you have to use up a moveslot (King's Shield) to activate it. We'll soon see just how good Stance Change is. Personally I think Aegishield's low speed will prevent it from being overwhelming, at least in OU.

...so while considering the possibilities of a Dragon-weakening weather condition a-la Misty Terrain, I was wondering why

I bet everyone forgot that we already had not one, but 2 non-weather field effects that weakened a specific type in Mud Sport and Water Sport.
Mud Sport works differently though (it's active as long as the one that used it is in the field). This appears to be an actual field effect like Rain Dance or Trick Room.

Will there be something like a Random-Matchup system in X/Y like we had in B/W/2? That was like, 30% of my life for the past 2 years. If there isn't, I'll be upset!

It's even better than that, because it can switch forms when it is at full HP. It's unclear whether it changes form only with King's Shield. Then again, King's Shield seems like a great attack and almost every Aegislash is bound to carry it.
I believe it will switch to its defensive stance/positioning when a protective or defense raising move is used. Hell, maybe even substitute too.

clapyourhands said:
That also protects your foe from status, and only for grounded Pokemon, yes.

I searched the forum, and hope this hasn't been posted yet.
Didn't search very hard, the first post links to a BIG post with all kinds of stuff, including all the Gym Leaders.

Even if Aegishield could only go into defensive stance while using King's Shield, that's a helluva good move.

Speaking of good moves, I'm disappointed in the lack of known new moves. Gen 2 had the fewest new moves added at 86, and I'm not sure we've hit 20 just yet.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unless there's an auto weather starter for this new mist weather, it's going to be tough to keep it going. Probably won't be used much.

I think it's closer to Relic Song, given that you have to use up a moveslot (King's Shield) to activate it. We'll soon see just how good Stance Change is. Personally I think Aegishield's low speed will prevent it from being overwhelming, at least in OU.
I disagree, because Adgislash has a STAB priority move, Shadow Sneak.

I'm thinking it'll perform much like Swords Dance Scizor, but with better bulk instead of the ability to heal.

And arguably better coverage. :)

Spiky Shield: (Grass) Protect, damages if attacked with contact move
Mystical Fire: (Fire) Lowers opponent's Sp. Attack
Water Shuriken: (Water) Multihit priority attack
Forest's Curse: (Grass) Grass-type Soak
Power-Up Punch (Glow Punch likely): (Fighting) Raises attack and damages
Moon Blast: (Fairy) 95 BP | 100 ACC | May lower target's special attack
Draining Kiss: (Fairy) Damages and returns all health back to user
Parabolic Charge: (Electric) Electric-type Giga Drain
Parting Shot: (Fighting) U-turn that lowers opponent's attacking stats by one stage
Noble Roar: (Normal) Lowers opponent's attacking stats
King's Shield: (???) Protects, lowers opponent's attack if hit with contact move
Boomburst: (Normal) Does damage
Fairy Wind: (Fairy) Does damage
Topsy-Turvy: (Dark) Reverses stat changes of target
Nuzzle: (Electric) Does damage, paralyzes
Baby-Doll Eyes: (Fairy) Priority, lowers target's attack
Freeze Dry: (Ice) Super-effective on Water
Geomancy: (Fairy) ??? ...(damages?)
Oblivion Wing: (Dark?) Damages and heals
Electric Field: (Electric) Creates electrical field that powers up Electric attacks
Misty Terrain: (???) Prevents stat changes of grounded Pokemon, weakens dragons?
Flying Press: (Fighting) Dual-type; Flying/Fighting
Play Nice: (???) Lowers attack?
Crafty Shield: (Fairy) Protects from status
Infestation: (Bug) Bug-type Fire Spin
Venom Drench: (Poison) Lowers Special Attack and Speed if target is Poisoned
Trick-or-Treat: (Ghost) Ghost-type Soak
Phantom Force: (Ghost) Weaker Shadow Force
Dazzling Gleam: (Fairy) Does damage, 80 BP
Play Around (Eng. name unk.): (Fairy) ??? (but it did quite a bit to Haxorus)

All the moves we've learned of so far (which is over 20, btw). Not sure if I missed any, but feel free to correct me if I did.

EDIT: included effects, added Baby-Doll Eyes

Last edited:
I disagree, because Adgislash has a STAB priority move, Shadow Sneak.

I'm thinking it'll perform much like Swords Dance Scizor, but with better bulk instead of the ability to heal.

And arguably better coverage. :)
Aegislash could potentially become a great candidate in OU. So far, it sounds as though it might be immune to damage (physical, at least) as long as its in shield form. Couple with the ability to lower an opponents attack, and it could be a great counter to many physical threats, and at the very least , force a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)