Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does NOT being able to guarantee you have the best Pokémon possible for your team when other people will probably only show up with Max IV mons anyway do anything to even the playing field? RNG made it significantly easier to get perfect stats legitimately without sinking so much time into the game and praying for a perfect spread. Being unable to RNG means people will get shafted on their IV spreads and will be less powerful than the lucky bastards who got good/perfect spreads.

EDIT: Also, you want a specific Hidden Power? Pray that the Random Number God decides to bless you.
Because that guy has got annoyed over not being able to rng for him/herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
THEY SAID THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY DLC, SO STOPPING SAYING THERE WILL BE!!!
They said there would be no balance hotfixes and that they wanted the games to be complete adventures, but that doesn't mean they aren't considering the possibility.

As far as legendaries and number of Pokemon are concerned, they said that they were very aware that the Pokedex was beginning to get prohibitively large and were therefore going to focus on reacquainting us with older Pokemon this generation. I think they've done an admirable job of it.

To be quite frank, I would probably scream in joy if there was no mascot legendary - what was novel with Gen II and taken to its fullest with Gens III to V is now just tired. No villainous team trying to rule the world with a small god. Just... A boy or a girl on a journey, their friends and rivals, and the dangers and excitement of the uncharted. Legendaries would feel a lot more special if Game Freak put more effort into making them legendary rather than just adding new shiny toys on the block.

I mean, this is the imaginary conversation I keep seeing pop-up when I read these remarks:
  • A: We need new demigod monsters in this game.
  • B: Well, what happened to the last ones you had?
  • A: What last ones?
  • B: Didn't you have some flaming feathered dragon with a fusion engine for a tail that represented hope or ideals or something thanks to a boy of destiny?
  • A: Oh. Her. ... I guess. Kinda boring now.
  • B: Well, what about that creepy, still not fully explained anti-matter dragon?
  • A: That was forever ago! Shit's old news!
  • B: Well, technically they never really brought out the god of the uni-
  • A: Yawn. Been there, done that, new things!
Don't get me wrong - I am all for more options for gameplay. I just feel that limiting the number of legendaries in this game was a really wise decision. I remember when I viewed the legendary birds and beasts with a kind of awe when approaching them in-game. Now they feel infinitesimally ... pointless, because they're never involved in the plot (that'd be too much legend saturation), they show up for one generation, and after that, they're merely boxes to check off on your PokeDex list.
Couldn't agree more, it got old after the 4th gen. I really hope that the storylines are separate this time around. The legendary itself as the antagonist might be interesting.

The bare-minimum for every gen should be the mascot trio,
Personally I've never liked mascot trios and preferred it when they were singular/dual...

I mean there are just two many trios in general. Gen 5 had a trio of trios. And that's just legendary trios...

Last edited:
This game is gonna be great - can't wait to get my hands on my new DS and the game *_*

Btw - Dragalge & Goodra for the win!
Just to make sure you aren't confused.. But you do know that X and Y are for 3DS/3DS XL/2DS and not regular DS, right?

I don't want you to go and buy the wrong system or something.

THEY SAID THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY DLC, SO STOPPING SAYING THERE WILL BE!!!
Pokémon has DLC since Red and Blue. It's usually called mystery gift, Event Itens, event pokémon. Yes, we'll have DLC. We won't have PAID DLCs. Oh, wait, we will have serial codes if we BUY the game on certain stores. On fifty gen, on japanese and Korean Global link, we could get many pokémon by Buying many kinds of items. Bread, Magazines, Books, TCG. We have to pay for downloadable content last generation. they just don't want to say that ugly name, but they already did it. I have a friend that bought 2 japanese official walk through just to have the official torchic with speedboost.

On the topic of the legendary trio.

There are three blank spaces RIGHT before Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, which is pretty much exactly where another legendary trio would fit. Don't give up hope yet.
Didn't we fill in every space on the national dex between Chespin and Zygarde? I want to believe I'm just

Personally, the legendary trio is what I'm always most looking forward to since it contains some of my favorite pokemon, like the birds, beasts, and musketeers. I never liked the Regis or the pixies, and the genies I'm okay with, but I feel like it's one of the traditions in the pokemon series, right up there with the early birds, early bugs, the ~680 legendaries, the 600 late game 3 stagers, etc. etc.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe all previous games do not show you spaces in the dex past the last Pokemon you have seen, so there could be any number of additional Pokemon past the cover legends. Definitely some event ones, but there could always be others that just have not been found yet.

edit: for reference, there were pokemon post Palkia in 4th gen, and 5 pokemon after Zekrom in 5th gen. One was Landorus, which was oddly not with the rest of its trio. You never know how they will do things here as they haven't even been consistent at where they put the third main legend.

Last edited:

There are three blank spaces RIGHT before Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, which is pretty much exactly where another legendary trio would fit. Don't give up hope yet.
But there's no room in the NATIONAL Dex for new Pokemon. Any of those spaces missing from the regional dexes will most likely be OLD Pokemon. Unless they are weird as hell and place a Legendary Trio after the title Legends in the National dex. Which is unlikely.

Odds are the 3 gaps in the mountain dex that are 3 Pokemon long are the missing psuedo-Legendaries. Dragonite, Metagross, and Salamence. Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Hydreigon are already in there.

WHY ISN'T FAIRY TOGEPI IN ANY OF THE REGIONAL DEXES ok I'm calm now but that's annoying as all fuck. There's enough room in the coastal/mountain dexes for that line though, hoping like mad here

How does NOT being able to guarantee you have the best Pokémon possible for your team when other people will probably only show up with Max IV mons anyway do anything to even the playing field? RNG made it significantly easier to get perfect stats legitimately without sinking so much time into the game and praying for a perfect spread. Being unable to RNG means people will get shafted on their IV spreads and will be less powerful than the lucky bastards who got good/perfect spreads.

EDIT: Also, you want a specific Hidden Power? Pray that the Random Number God decides to bless you.
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I know we wont be able to use poketransfer until december 27th...but will we be able to use say poke gen to trade ourselves pokemon that are confirmed to be present in the game for example a bulbasaur or gible? Im not sure how long it took pokegen to update for 6th gen and am not a technical genius so i was wondering if there will be anyway to get pokemon with good IVs

Those are most likely the legendary birds. Otherwise, just a three-stage evolutionary line in Victory Road with a low enogh encounter rate that the leakers didn't run into it. The end of the National Dex thus far is:
#714 Noibat
#715 Noivern
#716 Xerneas
#717 Yveltal
#718 Zygarde

There's no reason to believe the legendary trio won't be after Zygarde. .
Fifteen years of precedence says there's EVERY reason to believe there won't be a trio after it. It makes no sense for them to appear BEFORE the title Legendaries in the Regional Dex and AFTER them in the National Dex. Not to mention there hasn't been any sign of them in game, even so much as a hint from an NPC. At this point we're most likely limited to maybe one other Legend with an obscure condition to find, and Event Legends.

Edit: The birds only appear post game, most likely they're not in the regional dex at all. @ the guy above me. (I still think it's one of the missing previous gen psuedo-legends.)

Edit 2: Okay so weird shit has happened before! But still.

Last edited:
I've really been warming up to the idea of few new pokemon and few legendaries, actually.

It allow us to focus more on the past few generations, instead of just burying us in an overload of new information. I mean, there's like countless team formations, and I'm sure very few people have indeed raised all pokemon species at some point in their lives, so there's plenty of room for exploration still.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fifteen years of precedence says there's EVERY reason to believe there won't be a trio after it. It makes no sense for them to appear BEFORE the title Legendaries in the Regional Dex and AFTER them in the National Dex. Not to mention there hasn't been any sign of them in game, even so much as a hint from an NPC. At this point we're most likely limited to maybe one other Legend with an obscure condition to find, and Event Legends.
I edited this in above, but its worth repeating: In the national Dex, the order from 641 to 646 is Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem. A very odd order. No real reason to suspect they won't do odd things this time too.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
But there's no room in the NATIONAL Dex for new Pokemon. Any of those spaces missing from the regional dexes will most likely be OLD Pokemon. Unless they are weird as hell and place a Legendary Trio after the title Legends in the National dex. Which is unlikely.
We had Victini before the starters in Gen V, and it's possible (unlikely, but still possible) that there may have a legendary duo/trio/harem after the XYZ legends. I'm neutral towards new legends, but as long as one is Poison-type I'm happy.

My only real disappointment is the lack of a lower legend or pseudo-legend Fairy...

Edit: The birds only appear post game, most likely they're not in the regional dex at all. @ the guy above me. (I still think it's one of the missing previous gen psuedo-legends.)
I don't think we can rule out anything at this point. They definitely aren't keeping with tradition, and I'm liking it.

We had Victini before the starters in Gen V, and it's possible (unlikely, but still possible) that there may have a legendary duo/trio/harem after the XYZ legends. I'm neutral towards new legends, but as long as one is Poison-type I'm happy.
...Legendary Harem? O.o

Oh yeah, missed this. Just gonna agree with jas there, and say that they're still likely to do odd things. Like place them after Zygarde! I mean, anything goes right now. The fairy type itself shows they aren't planning on sticking to tradition.

I've really been warming up to the idea of few new pokemon and few legendaries, actually.

It allow us to focus more on the past few generations, instead of just burying us in an overload of new information. I mean, there's like countless team formations, and I'm sure very few people have indeed raised all pokemon species at some point in their lives, so there's plenty of room for exploration still.
This. I love new Pokemon as much as anybody, but the idea of having 1000 total Pokemon in the future seems too way overwhelming. Plus, having fewer new Pokemon in a generation makes each one of them except maybe Dedenne feel more special, IMO.

A Poison legendary just after Zygarde would be awesome, though! Like... a Poison/Electric or a Poison/Rock. Something that is supereffective against Xerneas and Yveltal. To counteract Zygarde not affecting either of them. I can really imagine a Poison/Electric chaos representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)